PDA

View Full Version : How School Makes Kids Dumb

The Lawspeaker
12-12-2018, 06:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLSv17iE_4Q

Thorns
12-12-2018, 07:11 PM
I spent a day at the local elementary school. I was actually quite impressed, I like what they're doing there - way more interesting that I what I recall from when I was that age. Of course, it is in a fairly rural area and each class averages something like 11-13 kids per class and the facility is brand new (previous one was destroyed by tornado a few years ago).

I was especially shocked when during the large meeting at the end of my time there they basically said their school doesn't abide by the leftist nonsense or political correctness. I expected to hear some gag-worthy speech but I heard the opposite.

Btw what the hell is wrong with this guy's accent? He annoys the hell out of me, I don't really care for a lot of what he said anyways. Typical worship of tiny, fairly homogenous, but relatively wealthy countries and thinking those models will work the same everywhere. He denies it, but I think he denies it because it's so obvious that's what he's doing, and he knows it. He failed to really dissect some of the specific issues with the American school system ) i.e. Teachers' Unions, Dept. of Education, etc.). Whatever, I'm just getting bitchy now. Time for a Snickers.

Óttar
12-12-2018, 07:14 PM
Public schooling is meant for molding obedient, repetitive drones who don't think too much. It is made to mimic factory work.