PDA

View Full Version : ‘UDA forced us from our home’

Murphy
05-06-2011, 10:35 PM
A Waterside family who were forced out of their home earlier this week by loyalist paramilitaries have spoken for the first time about their terrifying ordeal.

The Simpson family had to leave their Rossdowney Park home last Sunday after it was attacked by a gang of eight men, some armed with hammers, who chanted ‘UDA’ as they smashed more than 12 windows in the house.

Gerry and Isobel Simpson had lived in the street for 21 years and said they are “heartbroken” to have to leave their home. Their son, Saul, also received a death threat to his place of work on Monday and he has had to give up his job as a result. Explaining what happened in the early hours of last Sunday morning, Mrs Simpson said three men attacked her son and some of his friends as they waited for a taxi outside the family home.

The Waterside woman said the gang then returned in greater numbers as the incident became more sinister. “They came back and there was about eight of them and they started chanting ‘UDA UDA ra ra ra.’ They had hammers and crowbars and they started hitting the door,” she explained.

[LINK (http://www.derryjournal.com/news/local/uda_forced_us_from_our_home_1_2658615)]

Magister Eckhart
05-06-2011, 11:46 PM
What? You mean the IRA aren't the only terrorists? There are terrorists who work for the crown?? I say, why don't they get as much press coverage? :rolleyes:

Guapo
05-07-2011, 12:40 AM
You guys are worse than Balkanoids.

05-07-2011, 01:12 AM
What? You mean the IRA aren't the only terrorists? There are terrorists who work for the crown?? I say, why don't they get as much press coverage? :rolleyes:

Have you got a source for the UDA working for the crown?

Guapo
05-07-2011, 01:15 AM

Celtic glasgow hools perhaps :rolleyes:

Murphy
05-07-2011, 01:47 PM
Loyalists simply cannot hide any longer. Everyone knows that they are a horrible and vile breed.

You cannot seriously deny that the British Crown forces collaborated with Loyalist terrorist groups.

05-07-2011, 09:37 PM
He made a rather specific accusation, I'd like to see the evidence for it. Yours is a little broader and might include the odd copper working off his own bat. The only question is whether you are phrasing your accusation that way to provide yourself with an out when called. A cynical fellow might think you are while hoping to give the impression that the UDA was an official British government organization.

At any rate, there's absolutely no doubt that the Republican terrorists racked up the biggest tally of innocent victims.

Magister Eckhart
05-08-2011, 01:33 AM

It's practically their bloody mission statement.

Do they serve the interests of the crown and of Great Britain? Then they work for the crown. Just like the IRA works for the Republic. I would say the lack of coverage of the UDA in the British press only proves that the powers-that-be are happy for the help, too.

There needn't be an explicit tie between government and terrorist group for the group to serve the interests of that government.

05-08-2011, 01:44 AM
I guess we can take that as a NO. :rolleyes:

Magister Eckhart
05-08-2011, 01:51 AM
I guess we can take that as a NO. :rolleyes:

No, you took it to mean there's an explicit, official connexion. You miss the point entirely.

Come back to me when you've taken those orange goggles off.

Óttar
05-08-2011, 02:30 AM
:confused: Isn't that the whole point of being a loyalist ?

Then again I did see a video of a Loyalist paramilitary firing on British forces. Which just begs the question "If they're going to fire against representatives of the very government they pay lip service to, just who the f_ are they really loyal to ?

Any excuse to get drunk, beat on drums, and shout incendiary slogans I guess.

Beorn
05-08-2011, 02:38 AM

The reason most in NI do what they do. Both sides wipe their arseholes with their mouths.

Murphy
05-08-2011, 04:02 AM
At any rate, there's absolutely no doubt that the Republican terrorists racked up the biggest tally of innocent victims.

This is more rubbish. The over-whelming majority of (P)IRA "victims" were in the service of the security forces (RUC/British Army/British Intelligence). That's a fact. Where as the overwhelming majority of Loyalist terror victims were innocent Catholics with no connection to the (P)(R)(C)IRA/INLA in any way.

You cannot deny this with any ounce of honesty. Loyalist paramilitaries themselves readily admit this.

Edit: Well I should clarify. It is true that the (P)IRA has a higher tally of innocent victims than Loyalists. This is due to the larger campaign carried out the IRA. However innocent civilians make up a firm minority of IRA casualties. Where as around 87% of Loyalist victims were innocent Catholics. The IRA and Loyalists had two completely campaign strategies. The Loyalist strategy was one of unadulterated terror and hate against Catholics.

SwordoftheVistula
05-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Sounds like someone ripped off his drug dealer

05-16-2011, 12:28 AM
This is more rubbish. The over-whelming majority of (P)IRA "victims" were in the service of the security forces (RUC/British Army/British Intelligence). That's a fact.

Then you won't have any trouble providing a source for that claim.

Where as the overwhelming majority of Loyalist terror victims were innocent Catholics with no connection to the (P)(R)(C)IRA/INLA in any way.

You cannot deny this with any ounce of honesty. Loyalist paramilitaries themselves readily admit this.

Do they now? If that's true it would tend to undermine the claim that they were doing the bidding of the Security Forces and had been provided with intelligence on IRA members, wouldn't it?

Edit: Well I should clarify. It is true that the (P)IRA has a higher tally of innocent victims than Loyalists.

Of course it's true, or I wouldn't have said it

No, remaining part of the UK rather than becoming part of the ROI is the point of being a Loyalist, not working for the goverment

Orange&BlueBear
11-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Edit: Well I should clarify. It is true that the (P)IRA has a higher tally of innocent victims than Loyalists. This is due to the larger campaign carried out the IRA. However innocent civilians make up a firm minority of IRA casualties. Where as around 87% of Loyalist victims were innocent Catholics. The IRA and Loyalists had two completely campaign strategies. The Loyalist strategy was one of unadulterated terror and hate against Catholics.

So in reality the IRA and the other republican terrorist organisations killed more Irish Roman Catholics than the UDA and the security forces combined (UDR,British Army, RUC).

Orange&BlueBear
11-12-2011, 10:00 PM

Then again I did see a video of a Loyalist paramilitary firing on British forces. Which just begs the question "If they're going to fire against representatives of the very government they pay lip service to, just who the f_ are they really loyal to ?

Very narrow-minded stereotypical load of bollix in all honesty.

Loyalism is love for you’re community and Country, certainly not to the establishment.

If anyone on here is loyal to their “government” I would say they are most certainly on the wrong forum.

foreverblue
02-01-2012, 01:19 AM
He made a rather specific accusation, I'd like to see the evidence for it. Yours is a little broader and might include the odd copper working off his own bat. The only question is whether you are phrasing your accusation that way to provide yourself with an out when called. A cynical fellow might think you are while hoping to give the impression that the UDA was an official British government organization.

actually to be honest i believe loyalist paramiltaries racked up the death tolls for the most non-combatants. the republicans went after the ruc,uda,uvf,british army etc as well as non combatants. the loyalists usually went looking for an ira man but settled for the usual non -combatants in nationalist areas. the shankhill butchers are a perfect example of this.
i've read posts on other boards of unionists/ british people that actually try to attribute the entire death toll between 1969 -present to the i.r.a.

i love it when someone from a country that perpetrated some of the most vile acts against innocent people in world history [example, the dresden bombings] have the nerve to complain about the loss of innocent lives.
anyway in a war/conflict no one is innocent , they are colateral damage or non -combatants. the innocent people thing is a very successful and well used propaganda tool.

foreverblue
02-01-2012, 01:25 AM
actually another popular thing with british people and loyalist's is to deny things collusion etc.
having lived in northern ireland its amazing the amount of rubbish that gets spouted by brits on white nationalism/ white supremist sites when they haven't even been across the irish sea .
oh and by the way i'm a protestant:D

not to say anyone in this thread isn't form norn iron

foreverblue
02-01-2012, 01:29 AM

i use to laugh my guts out at orange marches. i found the whole exercise pointless and provocative

Nglund
02-05-2012, 10:13 AM
i love it when someone from a country that perpetrated some of the most vile acts against innocent people in world history [example, the dresden bombings] have the nerve to complain about the loss of innocent lives.

What about the events that happened before (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coventry_Blitz) those bombings you idiot? I trust that you're fond of Braveheart and The Patriot too eh? :tsk:

Aces High
02-05-2012, 10:17 AM
oh and by the way i'm a protestant:D

Oh great...a modern day Wolfe Tone......:zzz

02-05-2012, 03:38 PM
actually to be honest i believe loyalist paramiltaries racked up the death tolls for the most non-combatants.

Well, you can believe what you like, the rest of us can look at the facts of the matter

i've read posts on other boards of unionists/ british people that actually try to attribute the entire death toll between 1969 -present to the i.r.a.

If they are blaming the IRA for starting the bloodshed, then they have a point

anyway in a war/conflict no one is innocent , they are colateral damage or non -combatants. the innocent people thing is a very successful and well used propaganda tool.

Well, which is it? Are there innocent people or not?

foreverblue
02-05-2012, 09:06 PM
What about the events that happened before (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coventry_Blitz) those bombings you idiot? I trust that you're fond of Braveheart and The Patriot too eh? :tsk:

no there just movies.

foreverblue
02-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Well, you can believe what you like, the rest of us can look at the facts of the matter

If they are blaming the IRA for starting the bloodshed, then they have a point

Well, which is it? Are there innocent people or not?

obviosly there are more people concerned about british preservation as opposed to english,scots,welsh and irish preservation on this site.

actually i just find it highly hypocritical that brits go on and on about the ira killing non combatants. while totally disregarding the thousands of non combatants that have been killed in the boer war , ww 2 etc.

foreverblue
02-05-2012, 09:12 PM

well churchill declared war.. long before british shores had been attacked

foreverblue
02-05-2012, 09:14 PM
Oh great...a modern day Wolfe Tone......:zzz

no just someone who looks at the situation from both sides.. i find the republican movement infested with cultural marxists. and the unionists movement infested with plastic poms who are living in the past

Nglund
02-05-2012, 09:33 PM
well churchill declared war.. long before british shores had been attacked

XE-7wljw_50

:suspicious:

foreverblue
02-05-2012, 09:35 PM
hand picking the good pro-british bits are history are we guys?

Albion
02-05-2012, 11:56 PM
hand picking the good pro-british bits are history are we guys?

At least we've got a history. ;)

http://memeorama.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Troll-Dad-Meme-Template-Blank-2.png

Orange&BlueBear
02-12-2012, 04:23 AM
If you hate Britain so much, why move to Australia considering it’s a classic example of Britain’s Imperial past and also in your eyes has the ‘butchers apron’ (Union flag) on its flag.

You’re nit-picking at history to bastardise the British Nation.

The Boer Wars were a terrible period of our history and a history of our race. The Boers fought a war of attrition against our ancestors, attacking the supply lines and lines of communication, leading to more British soldiers dying from malnutrition and disease, the scorched earth policy used by the British against the Boers proved an absolute travesty to the tens of thousands of Boer women and children who died in the concentration camps from disease and malnutrition. The whole period in history is a very sad one, how ever when the rhetoric is finished, and regardless of a minority of Irish Nationalists who fought on the Boer side along with others of British stock, at the height of Britain’s Imperial power, over 30% of the British Army was Irish. So any so-called Irish man which you claim to be who seeks to bastardise the British over South Africa, would need to look at their own family history, as you only have to look at the war memorials throughout British Ulster and the Irish Republic to see the vast-number of names from both sections of the population.

As for IRA/INLA/IPLO or what ever bloody faction from the RIRA or CIRA.

The reality of the situation is that Irish republicans during the troubles killed more Irish Roman Catholics than the Police,Army, UDR put together and no amount of sheer propaganda can get a way from facts, but then never let facts get in the way of propaganda!

As for Orange marches being pointless and provocative, regardless of how you view someone else’s culture, I do see your little attempt to ridicule and bastardise it.

As for collusion, who cares? What actually is collusion, a police man or soldier going home ( and regardless of your propaganda as I very much doubt you have ever set foot in Northern Ireland, for every year during the troubles the majority of the British security presence in Northern Ireland were local men and women serving in either the Police,UDR or regular British regiments) and telling a member of his family or same community that such and such is involved in the IRA or suspected of being such, that information then being fed back to the right people who paid them a late night visit.

Or informants organised within organisations to hold back an organisations terrorist capabilities? All organisations had them, and used them to take out the right people. Who would be a stumbling block to long lasting peace. Possibly goes someway to describe why Gerry Adams life was saved so many times and much evidence to link him to IRA membership including photographic evidence of him standing at a IRA funeral in IRA regalia and being part of a secret delegation of the IRA to meet the British government in the 1970s he still never served a considerable prison sentence, the same with Martin McGuinness.

foreverblue
02-12-2012, 04:59 AM
If you hate Britain so much, why move to Australia considering it’s a classic example of Britain’s Imperial past and also in your eyes has the ‘butchers apron’ (Union flag) on its flag.

You’re nit-picking at history to bastardise the British Nation.

The Boer Wars were a terrible period of our history and a history of our race. The Boers fought a war of attrition against our ancestors, attacking the supply lines and lines of communication, leading to more British soldiers dying from malnutrition and disease, the scorched earth policy used by the British against the Boers proved an absolute travesty to the tens of thousands of Boer women and children who died in the concentration camps from disease and malnutrition. The whole period in history is a very sad one, how ever when the rhetoric is finished, and regardless of a minority of Irish Nationalists who fought on the Boer side along with others of British stock, at the height of Britain’s Imperial power, over 30% of the British Army was Irish. So any so-called Irish man which you claim to be who seeks to bastardise the British over South Africa, would need to look at their own family history, as you only have to look at the war memorials throughout British Ulster and the Irish Republic to see the vast-number of names from both sections of the population.

As for IRA/INLA/IPLO or what ever bloody faction from the RIRA or CIRA.

The reality of the situation is that Irish republicans during the troubles killed more Irish Roman Catholics than the Police,Army, UDR put together and no amount of sheer propaganda can get a way from facts, but then never let facts get in the way of propaganda!

As for Orange marches being pointless and provocative, regardless of how you view someone else’s culture, I do see your little attempt to ridicule and bastardise it.

As for collusion, who cares? What actually is collusion, a police man or soldier going home ( and regardless of your propaganda as I very much doubt you have ever set foot in Northern Ireland, for every year during the troubles the majority of the British security presence in Northern Ireland were local men and women serving in either the Police,UDR or regular British regiments) and telling a member of his family or same community that such and such is involved in the IRA or suspected of being such, that information then being fed back to the right people who paid them a late night visit.

Or informants organised within organisations to hold back an organisations terrorist capabilities? All organisations had them, and used them to take out the right people. Who would be a stumbling block to long lasting peace. Possibly goes someway to describe why Gerry Adams life was saved so many times and much evidence to link him to IRA membership including photographic evidence of him standing at a IRA funeral in IRA regalia and being part of a secret delegation of the IRA to meet the British government in the 1970s he still never served a considerable prison sentence, the same with Martin McGuinness.

whatever :rolleyes: