PDA

View Full Version : People from Palermo and Monreale, Italy

aherne
12-14-2018, 06:15 PM
I've just returned from a cathedral tour in Palermo and Monreale, so I wanted to share my view of how locals look like.

Unfortunately, on every corner, it's not possible to get past "diversity": Niggers and Indians (especially Bengalis and Gypsy beggars looking completely Indian) on every corner, but still far from France's levels. The following analysis will concentrate on indigenous sicilians, only:

1. they are good looking people (both men and women), the best looking Italians I've seen. Girls have nice bodies and very nice feminine faces: they are rarely gorgeous, but keep standards reasonably high. Overall, they are a bit better looking than Romanian girls, who tend to have short legs and peasant hands and body constitution. Guys, however, are definitely MUCH better looking than ours: slightly taller and frequently with masculine faces and bodies.
2. light hair is very uncommon among adults, but blonde children are common. Average hair pigmentation is dark brown, with medium or light about as common as black. They are DEFINITELY darker than Neapolitans but well within European range. Individuals with light hair have a French/Italic look, while those with black hair tend to look Middle Eastern.
3. facial features are definitely European, surprisingly more European than Greeks, especially those from Crete or Islands. 80-90% of locals can fit only in Europe, 30-40% in all parts except far North and East. Middle Eastern features are common, too, enough for some Maghrebis to pass as individuals and for some reason they are more common in males than females. But they are minority phenotype, about as common as Turanid among Turks!
4. they don't look like Greeks, as others here claim. Having visited all parts of Greece many times, I think my opinion is sound enough. What they resemble is first and foremost other Italians, followed at a large distance by people of Balkans.
5. by and large, population seems to be descending from Neolithic farmer migrations 8000 years ago, hence the vast majority belonging to a blend of: Med, Alpine and Dinaric, same that dominates in most of Europe.
6. there is little CM or Aryan. When it comes, however, light features are almost guaranteed and faces look strikingly Roman.
7. there is pronounced sexual dimorphism in facial features. Girls look mostly Alpine, with Med, Dinaric and Middle Eastern influences. The vast majority can pass as Romanians without a problem! Guys look mostly Med, with significant Middle Eastern, Dinaric, then followed by Alpine. Those that look too Middle Eastern would be mistaken as Arabs here in Bucharest...

As a group, Sicilians I saw look like what they are: Europeans with an extra Middle Eastern influence than usual. They absolutely do not compare with Ashkenazis, claimed here based on genetics to be Sicilians' brothers. First of all, Ashkenazis are lighter (skin, hair, eyes). Second of all, a large minority looks Arabian (which is after all what they should, considering their ethnicity). I haven't seen a single Palermitan that looks Semitic...

Avgvstvs
12-14-2018, 08:34 PM
Southern Italians are very stereotyped.....they might have more darkies than us,Northern and Central Italians,but the main difference is features imo.....on average they're not actually that darker....about skin: the stronger sun rays are,the darker the skin gets.....

Inviato dal mio RNE-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

gıulıoımpa
12-14-2018, 08:37 PM
i like your objective and scientific approach. very good

Cernunnos
12-14-2018, 08:57 PM
Cool story, bro.

McCloskey
12-14-2018, 11:26 PM
Cool.

Travel diaries with anthropological descriptions are very interesting.

Seth MacFarlane
12-15-2018, 04:54 AM
Large minorities of Ashkenazi look Arabian ? Never . Well oded Fehr can pass but he is very very rare . Eugene Levy is more of the exotic stereotypical extreme Jewish type but he looks very armenian . And btw u said they look even closer to Balkanizes then Greeks ? ( I know u said after other Italians which I agree with )

aherne
12-15-2018, 01:54 PM
Large minorities of Ashkenazi look Arabian ? Never . Well oded Fehr can pass but he is very very rare . Eugene Levy is more of the exotic stereotypical extreme Jewish type but he looks very armenian . And btw u said they look even closer to Balkanizes then Greeks ? ( I know u said after other Italians which I agree with )

Ashkenazis look as close to Armenians as they are to Greeks! The two peoples are completely unrelated (culturally, linguistically, genetically), except a very old base that goes back to early Neolithic. Jews looking like Arabs are VERY common, because the base of the two peoples is the same (language, culture, genetics show them to be brothers). I happen to work for some that look like variations of these "armenoids" (mostly ashkenazis):

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/oKrt_O-bVm4/maxresdefault.jpg

Marmara
12-15-2018, 02:16 PM
I've just returned from a cathedral tour in Palermo and Monreale, so I wanted to share my view of how locals look like.

Unfortunately, on every corner, it's not possible to get past "diversity": Niggers and Indians (especially Bengalis and Gypsy beggars looking completely Indian) on every corner, but still far from France's levels. The following analysis will concentrate on indigenous sicilians, only:

1. they are good looking people (both men and women), the best looking Italians I've seen. Girls have nice bodies and very nice feminine faces: they are rarely gorgeous, but keep standards reasonably high. Overall, they are a bit better looking than Romanian girls, who tend to have short legs and peasant hands and body constitution. Guys, however, are definitely MUCH better looking than ours: slightly taller and frequently with masculine faces and bodies.
2. light hair is very uncommon among adults, but blonde children are common. Average hair pigmentation is dark brown, with medium or light about as common as black. They are DEFINITELY darker than Neapolitans but well within European range. Individuals with light hair have a French/Italic look, while those with black hair tend to look Middle Eastern.
3. facial features are definitely European, surprisingly more European than Greeks, especially those from Crete or Islands. 80-90% of locals can fit only in Europe, 30-40% in all parts except far North and East. Middle Eastern features are common, too, enough for some Maghrebis to pass as individuals and for some reason they are more common in males than females. But they are minority phenotype, about as common as Turanid among Turks!
4. they don't look like Greeks, as others here claim. Having visited all parts of Greece many times, I think my opinion is sound enough. What they resemble is first and foremost other Italians, followed at a large distance by people of Balkans.
5. by and large, population seems to be descending from Neolithic farmer migrations 8000 years ago, hence the vast majority belonging to a blend of: Med, Alpine and Dinaric, same that dominates in most of Europe.
6. there is little CM or Aryan. When it comes, however, light features are almost guaranteed and faces look strikingly Roman.
7. there is pronounced sexual dimorphism in facial features. Girls look mostly Alpine, with Med, Dinaric and Middle Eastern influences. The vast majority can pass as Romanians without a problem! Guys look mostly Med, with significant Middle Eastern, Dinaric, then followed by Alpine. Those that look too Middle Eastern would be mistaken as Arabs here in Bucharest...

As a group, Sicilians I saw look like what they are: Europeans with an extra Middle Eastern influence than usual. They absolutely do not compare with Ashkenazis, claimed here based on genetics to be Sicilians' brothers. First of all, Ashkenazis are lighter (skin, hair, eyes). Second of all, a large minority looks Arabian (which is after all what they should, considering their ethnicity). I haven't seen a single Palermitan that looks Semitic...

This is very different than how you described North Italians.

By the way, Turanid is common among ethnic Turks. It's the different ethnicities that dillutes the turanid phenotype in general population.

Seth MacFarlane
12-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Ashkenazis look as close to Armenians as they are to Greeks! The two peoples are completely unrelated (culturally, linguistically, genetically), except a very old base that goes back to early Neolithic. Jews looking like Arabs are VERY common, because the base of the two peoples is the same (language, culture, genetics show them to be brothers). I happen to work for some that look like variations of these "armenoids" (mostly ashkenazis):

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/oKrt_O-bVm4/maxresdefault.jpg

I don’t care about that whole “ Semitic “ bull shit with linguistics, jews have nothing in common with Arabians . Arabians are in a branch of their own . Any Semitic speakers jewss are physically similiar to are Levantines and Assyrians , but they do have some pull with other ppl of the greater west Asian race like Armenians Kurds etc , there are more jew armenoids then genuine jew Arabids which is pretty rare and btw since ashkenazis are so Europeanized yes more can pass as Greek then Arabian not to mention Arabians half the time look African influenced and the ones that don’t look almost south Asian . Arabians are only close to Yemenite jews because besides slight influence they are mostly converts , and they also genetically coincide with Egyptians . Completely different cluster. Btw who is this guy above is he ashkenazi ? Because he isn’t arabid or armenoid , he could pass in Levant but he looks mostly med he would pass better in Southern Europe then Arabian peninsula

These saudis do have kind of a distinct look , would never confuse one for Jewish , guy above you posted just has a beard
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2800/4422920235_82b6421e6e_b.jpg

safinator
12-15-2018, 02:54 PM
You should write a diary for all the places you visited, i enjoy reading your descriptions about the phenotypical variations across populations.

Not a Cop
12-16-2018, 08:20 PM

Thing with Ashkenazis is that they come from very small genepool, meaning that founder effect is very strong in them, so while they are very similar to Sicilians genetically, their phenotypes are limited as very small amount of people have put their genes in their looks. Sicilians however don't have such effect so they are displaying normal looks for their geographical position and population history.

RenaRyuguu
08-09-2019, 01:40 AM
bump