PDA

View Full Version : Classify Harry Potter actress Julie Walters

Zroota
12-16-2018, 05:51 AM
Although of Irish descent, she looks like an eastern European Jew to me (i.e. Joan Rivers and Judge Judy). Known for playing Molly Weasley in the Harry Potter films.

https://imsvintagephotos.com/image/cache/catalog/products/ims-scan-tt-00862664-f-1000x1000.jpg
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/1200x675/p01h0qqk.jpg
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/british-comediene-actress-and-writer-julie-walters-on-7th-january-picture-id77412129

Ok dis hard
12-16-2018, 05:54 AM
Does not look Jewish, pretty generic European and especially Irish

Zroota
12-16-2018, 06:02 AM
Does not look Jewish, pretty generic European and especially Irish
There are many types of Jewish people (from Arab and Persian ones to Hungarian and Ukrainian ones - Jews are diverse). Anyway, she looks like a European/Ashkenazim Jew to me from eastern Europe. She also does look Italian (similar to Joy Behar). She looks generically European, but I personally don't see her as typically northwestern European looking.

Ok dis hard
12-16-2018, 06:04 AM
There are many types of Jewish people (from Arab and Persian ones to Hungarian and Ukrainian ones - Jews are diverse). Anyway, she looks like a European/Ashkenazim Jew to me from eastern Europe. She also does look Italian (similar to Joy Behar). She looks generically European, but I personally don't see her as typically northwestern European looking.

I will agree with you if you can find me 5 Eastern European Jews that look like her

Zroota
12-16-2018, 06:13 AM
I will agree with you if you can find me 5 Eastern European Jews that look like her
I have included two Jews who look like her in the OP for starters.

The beautiful, late Carrie Fisher is half eastern European Jewish and also looks similar to her.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Carrie_Fisher_2013-a_straightened.jpg/800px-Carrie_Fisher_2013-a_straightened.jpg

In the meantime, find me at least 3 Irish women that look like her, how about that? ;)

karakartal
12-16-2018, 06:16 AM
Hermonie is too old

Ok dis hard
12-16-2018, 06:19 AM

The beautiful, late Carrie Fisher is half eastern European Jewish and also looks similar to her.

:picard2:

my work here is done byeee

Grace O'Malley
12-16-2018, 06:28 AM

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Carrie_Fisher_2013-a_straightened.jpg/800px-Carrie_Fisher_2013-a_straightened.jpg

In the meantime, find me at least 3 Irish women that look like her, how about that? ;)

There is only a superficial resemblance. Carrie Fisher is only half Ashkenazi anyway and has a lot of features of her mother Debbie Reynolds as well.

https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/carrie-fisher-and-debbie-reynolds-6.jpg

Zroota
12-16-2018, 06:29 AM
:picard2:

my work here is done byeee
Yep, because being half something has no affect on your genetic makeup and physical appearance. :coffee:

Is this some sockpuppet evading a permaban, considering that you're a "new" member? We had a lot of those recently.

Either way, from your profile info (my shtummy hurt and Jar Jar binks), I take it you're a troll. An obvious one at that too.

Avgvstvs
12-16-2018, 08:40 AM
I think she looks quite Irish/British....could be from everywhere in the British Isles imo

Inviato dal mio RNE-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

Zroota
12-16-2018, 09:41 AM
There is only a superficial resemblance. Carrie Fisher is only half Ashkenazi anyway and has a lot of features of her mother Debbie Reynolds as well.

https://www.thewrap.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/carrie-fisher-and-debbie-reynolds-6.jpg
Yes, but it's the Jewish mix giving Fisher the Jewish look that is associated with Julie Walters, Judy Shiendlin, Joan Rivers, etc. Her mother still looks very northern European. Besides, most European Jews are a mix of native European backgrounds anyway (I think everybody knows that). But they would have obvious Jewish or southern European/Med features.

Since you're Irish (and you usually post pale, blondes to exemplify them - to be fair), do you think Julie Walters really looks that Irish?

P.S. I only said they look similar though. They don't have an actual resemblance.

Grace O'Malley
12-16-2018, 10:02 AM
Yes, but it's the Jewish mix giving Fisher the Jewish look that is associated with Julie Walters, Judy Shiendlin, Joan Rivers, etc. Her mother still looks very northern European. Besides, most European Jews are a mix of native European backgrounds anyway (I think everybody knows that). But they would have obvious Jewish or southern European/Med features.

Since you're Irish (and you usually post pale, blondes to exemplify them - to be fair), do you think Julie Walters really looks that Irish?

P.S. I only said they look similar though. They don't have an actual resemblance.

How ridiculous! I do not usually post pale blondes. I post images from google of GAA teams which are random. Most are not pale blonds or blondes. They all have common Irish colouring and their are hundreds of images. I can get images of all counties.. You obviously haven't a clue of what most Irish look like. I do not cherry pick pictures like many on here. How can you cherry pick GAA teams or images? I often put the google link in as well. What the fuck do you think Irish look like?

This is an example of how I get my images.

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=0y8WXP3LCsehyAO30YeQCw&q=GAA+Ireland+camogie+hurling&oq=GAA+Ireland+camogie+hurling&gs_l=img.3...42297.45267..45511...0.0..1.668.1155. 4-1j1......1....1..gws-wiz-img.xAZxaARORNE

Token
12-16-2018, 10:09 AM
She does look Irish to me, specially in the first pic.

ModernMaskil
12-16-2018, 11:27 AM
She could be Jewish, but it is not a particularly common look. If anything, it is simply the look of Jews who take after their European DNA rather then Middle Eastern. Most Ashkenazis (East Euro Ashkenazis aren't very different from others) look either South Euro or Levantine or somewhere in between. Maybe 10% can pass anywhere else.

ModernMaskil
12-16-2018, 11:31 AM
Also, Judi Dench is half-Irish and looks similar.

Kamal900
12-16-2018, 11:53 AM
She looks pretty British or Irish to me..nothing Jewish about her look.

Regnera
12-16-2018, 12:41 PM
Alpine
And I don't think she looks Jewish,she looks British/Irish to me

Zroota
12-17-2018, 12:57 AM
How ridiculous! I do not usually post pale blondes. I post images from google of GAA teams which are random. Most are not pale blonds or blondes. They all have common Irish colouring and their are hundreds of images. I can get images of all counties.. You obviously haven't a clue of what most Irish look like. I do not cherry pick pictures like many on here. How can you cherry pick GAA teams or images? I often put the google link in as well. What the fuck do you think Irish look like?

https://www.google.com/search?tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=0y8WXP3LCsehyAO30YeQCw&q=GAA+Ireland+camogie+hurling&oq=GAA+Ireland+camogie+hurling&gs_l=img.3...42297.45267..45511...0.0..1.668.1155. 4-1j1......1....1..gws-wiz-img.xAZxaARORNE
Did I struck a nerve?

Yes, I don't know how Irish people look like - That's why I asked you if she could pass in Ireland, genius. :picard1:

Look, you have had the audacious, blatant propensity of posting the most palest and Nordic-looking Irish folks in retaliation to those who say "hey, some Irish folks can be dark". In the same breath, you would badly criticise and frown upon those who say Iberians are depigmented Celts or that some Celts and Iberians can look alike. I really didn't dream this. If you want to prove me wrong and wish to discuss it, then do it respectfully. Being defensive and emotional about it won't help your case.

And? What does a Google search prove? There are myriads of images there. We can all cherrypick the ones that we like from that engine. Just saying.

She could be Jewish, but it is not a particularly common look. If anything, it is simply the look of Jews who take after their European DNA rather then Middle Eastern. Most Ashkenazis (East Euro Ashkenazis aren't very different from others) look either South Euro or Levantine or somewhere in between. Maybe 10% can pass anywhere else.
She could be Jewish. She could be full Irish, as well. I'm not saying her look is that atypical in Ireland. But she won't be an atypical Ashkenazi Jew as well. But because people are bias, God forbid that a Celt or some northern European looks Jewish. :confused:

Funny, if she were a Polish Jew or something and I said "hey, doesn't she look Celtic"? I would be grilled and called blind or something. ;)

Ok dis hard
12-17-2018, 01:03 AM
Grace O'Malley is Irish herself, just be quiet and listen for a second because I'm 100% sure she knows more about her own ethnicity than you do.

Sikeliot
12-17-2018, 01:04 AM
She looks Irish to me, but dark -- doesn't look Jewish, Sicilian, South Italian or anything of the like.

ModernMaskil
12-17-2018, 07:06 AM
She could be Jewish. She could be full Irish, as well. I'm not saying her look is that atypical in Ireland. But she won't be an atypical Ashkenazi Jew as well. But because people are bias, God forbid that a Celt or some northern European looks Jewish. :confused:

Funny, if she were a Polish Jew or something and I said "hey, doesn't she look Celtic"? I would be grilled and called blind or something. ;)

I'd say about 10% of older Ashkenazi women look vaguely similar to her. Whether that's atypical or not, you can decide. I wouldn't grill you, as I've said before we can look anywhere from Eastern to Central to Southern European or Levantine (though the latter two are far more common).

However if we're talking about the average "Ashkenazi" (Russian, Polish, German whatever you want) look - she does not have it.

cyberlorian
12-17-2018, 07:20 AM
Alpinid + North Atlantid.

Grace O'Malley
12-17-2018, 09:36 AM
Did I struck a nerve?

Yes, I don't know how Irish people look like - That's why I asked you if she could pass in Ireland, genius. :picard1:

Look, you have had the audacious, blatant propensity of posting the most palest and Nordic-looking Irish folks in retaliation to those who say "hey, some Irish folks can be dark". In the same breath, you would badly criticise and frown upon those who say Iberians are depigmented Celts or that some Celts and Iberians can look alike. I really didn't dream this. If you want to prove me wrong and wish to discuss it, then do it respectfully. Being defensive and emotional about it won't help your case.

And? What does a Google search prove? There are myriads of images there. We can all cherrypick the ones that we like from that engine. Just saying.

You struck a nerve because you are deliberately lying about what I post. I've posted all sorts of Irish people including famous Irish like Gabriel Byrne, the Corrs, all sorts of Irish. I can even link to some of the threads. I've posted loads of GAA teams and none of them are all pale blond because they are groups. You obviously have a different view of what most Irish look like obviously if you accuse me of white-washing Irish. You tell me to be respectable when you've accused me of posting light blond Irish people. You don't have a clue.

Here's a link to Camogie teams from Kerry. These are the people I post. By the way I usually post teams from Kerry, Cork etc.

https://www.google.com/search?q=GAA+kerry+camogie&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi04L7Q06bfAhVTb30KHRh9DxQQ_AUIDygC&biw=1366&bih=657

You tell me if I'm misrepresenting what Irish people look like? I post what's on the images so you obviously don't have a clue about what the majority of Irish people look like. I'm Irish and I've lived in Ireland for periods of time. Have you?

I've never said anything about Iberians not looking like "Celts". I've said as a whole they look different than Irish and British because that is the truth. I don't generally use "Celts" because I've always said no one knows who were Celts. They definitely weren't all the same people.

I'm really annoyed with what you have said as I rarely post individuals to represent Irish but usually groups of people. I think you have a cheek.

Here's one of the threads I've posted. I dare you to tell me that it is not representative of Irish women?

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?169814-Irish-Women-Main-Phenotype

Another one.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?234812-Please-Classify-Two-Irish-Girls-from-Co-Mayo

Thread about Darren O'Dea

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?161112-Classify-Irishman-Darren-O-Dea-(He-has-an-interesting-look)

So don't tell me I don't try to show the spectrum that is in Ireland but the majority pictures show what most look like. I've got loads of threads posted on here that I can link if that is what you want?

Dacul
12-17-2018, 12:16 PM
Irish people seems very fighter like from their birth.
How you managed to make Grace O'Malley very angered - lol!
Cause I even said Irish people are rather descending from migrating Saxons and she did not got so angered.

Grace O'Malley
12-17-2018, 12:28 PM
Irish people seems very fighter like from their birth.
How you managed to make Grace O'Malley very angered - lol!
Cause I even said Irish people are rather descending from migrating Saxons and she did not got so angered.

I disagreed with you. You said West German and I said they weren't. Here's the relevant page.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?269467-Irish-people-are-they-closer-to-Scandinavian-people-or-to-mediterranean-people/page61&highlight=irish

I think I should just leave this forum to all you experts on Irish people.

Dacul
12-17-2018, 03:37 PM
My appologies, Grace, for being such an evil guy and teasing you with all kind of nonsense.

Zroota
07-07-2019, 05:31 AM
To make it clear, I don't exactly know how Irish people look like. So we should leave that for the Irish themselves. Grace and I got off on the wrong foot, but now I totally understand where she's coming from, as I too hate it when people tell me how my ethnic group generally looks or how they don't look for that matter. It can get grating and you can be, rightfully, really pissed. I just thought, Julie had a look that wasn't very unusual among European Jews, whether she is Irish, English, German and whatnot. Also that banned troll 'Ok dis hard' really did fuel things as well and stirred the pot.

What I learnt from this thread: Don't make a classification thread and say the subject looks [insert ethnicity], because clearly it will cause some blunt controversy. :p

Odelia
10-05-2022, 07:40 AM

Old post, but your reply here took me by surprise because you accuse me of going on a tirade and making vulgar outbursts, when you did the same thing here. I always thought you were a calm sort of person.....Aaaaanywhoooo! i do agree with the OP that she passes as a European jew, particularly a polish jewsh. Not sure why some ppl are triggered by this! :picard2:

Grace O'Malley
10-05-2022, 09:08 AM
Old post, but your reply here took me by surprise because you accuse me of going on a tirade and making vulgar outbursts, when you did the same thing here. I always thought you were a calm sort of person.....Aaaaanywhoooo! i do agree with the OP that she passes as a European jew, particularly a polish jewsh. Not sure why some ppl are triggered by this! :picard2:

I'm not always calm. It was annoying for someone to accuse me of something that is patently untrue. Poster from memory has changed their name. I thought it was Shelati from memory. I've been on this forum for over a decade and you will find posts where I have got annoyed. I've had arguments. A lot of people on here aren't even who they profess to be. There is history of that. I am actually what I state I am with regards to my sex and ethnicity.

I'm not sure now what I said to you. I know I didn't accuse you of going on a tirade and making vulgar outbursts. I would have asked you why you are so aggressive and swearing which you do all the time. It's just an unusual style for a female. I think that was the context of it. It wasn't an accusation because that is your posting style. :)

Here is Julie Walters in an interview with Terry Wogan from 1984. If she looks Jewish then a large amount of Europeans look Jewish. I mean people can say anyone looks like any ethnicity but I think Julie Walters fits perfectly in the range of British or Irish looks. It isn't even controversial. She isn't exotic. There are some exotic Irish or British but she isn't one.

Julie Walters has an English father and an Irish mother.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HRvvwOk70E