PDA

View Full Version : My Doug McDonald results

Rochefaton
05-08-2011, 03:31 PM
I have attached my results to this post, and below are the good doctor's comments about the AlabamaMan:

The new program says you are English. (This is the old file ... to save disk space I don'tuse v3 if I have a v2, as the results are identical.)

Doug

Barreldriver
05-08-2011, 03:50 PM
I emailed about the new mosaics and the English samples about a month ago requesting updated results, got blown off. :( Did he say anything about the African segment on your mosaic?

Still curious about the South Asian showing up on my old one and the Middle East.

Harl
05-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Is it just me or your pictures look photoshopped?

Barreldriver
05-08-2011, 05:27 PM

Which of his attachments did you have in mind? Alabama's attachments don't look out of the ordinary or anything, McDonald's mosaics and such have always looked color bookish.

Harl
05-08-2011, 05:30 PM
Which of his attachments did you have in mind? Alabama's attachments don't look out of the ordinary or anything, McDonald's mosaics and such have always looked color bookish.

All 3. They look edited.

Barreldriver
05-08-2011, 05:33 PM
All 3. They look edited.

They look no less edited than the ones I received. :P

Harl
05-08-2011, 05:36 PM
They look no less edited than the ones I received. :P

Then you have bad eyes or too stupid or bad screen to see it. They look blurry.

Hess
05-08-2011, 05:37 PM

yeah, i don't see it either :confused:

Barreldriver
05-08-2011, 05:38 PM

I do have bad eyes, that's beside the point for now, to assume stupidity regarding an established member on this forum is a rather bold leap for a new member.

Regarding his mosaic, mine has a near identical construction and it was not photoshoped, straight from the email from the Doc to the computer. I'm assuming you've not had results from Dr. McDonald before?

Efim45
05-08-2011, 05:41 PM
I have just examined them with binoculars and ain't nothing photoshopped.

Loki
05-08-2011, 05:43 PM

It's just you.

Harl
05-08-2011, 05:45 PM
I do have bad eyes, that's beside the point for now, to assume stupidity regarding an established member on this forum is a rather bold leap for a new member.

Regarding his mosaic, mine has a near identical construction and it was not photoshoped, straight from the email from the Doc to the computer. I'm assuming you've not had results from Dr. McDonald before?

I have bad eyes too. I would be able to see it on a small screen also. I guess that leaves one choice that you are just not smart to see it.

Hess
05-08-2011, 05:49 PM
I have bad eyes too. I would be able to see it on a small screen also. I guess that leaves one choice that you are just not smart to see it.

see, now that's rude and uncalled for.

Efim45
05-08-2011, 05:51 PM
Harl, for a self-labeled Nordic, you do not act like one.

Barreldriver
05-08-2011, 05:55 PM
see, now that's rude and uncalled for.

You should have seen the PM he just sent:

Today, 01:49 PM
Harl

Meta-Ethnicity: Germanic
Ethnicity: Nordic

Default moron
you are a fatass idiot if you cant see

I'd expect Harl, if he has any dignity, to apologize to AlabamaMan for being a nuisance in his thread.

Loki
05-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Harl was just a previously known troll who reappeared. Banned.

Rochefaton
05-08-2011, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I photoshopped my results. lol I'm actually half black, just ask Loki or Barreldriver. They both share with me at 23andMe.

@ Barreldriver,

No, he did not say anything about the African segment. My first mosaic had another African segment on it, but it disappeared on this run. Perhaps it was noise? I'm not sure. I am part Sicilian, so that may be where my slight African admixture comes from.

Barreldriver
05-08-2011, 06:29 PM
Yeah, I photoshopped my results. lol I'm actually half black, just ask Loki or Barreldriver. They both share with me at 23andMe.

Blacker 'in my chawin' backy.

Loki
05-08-2011, 06:34 PM
No, he did not say anything about the African segment. My first mosaic had another African segment on it, but it disappeared on this run. Perhaps it was noise? I'm not sure. I am part Sicilian, so that may be where my slight African admixture comes from.

It is a very small segment. Are you on other analyses, like Dodecad and Eurogenes?

Rochefaton
05-08-2011, 06:35 PM
It is a very small segment. Are you on other analyses, like Dodecad and Eurogenes?

I'm part of the Eurogenes project. I'm US5 there. I am not part of the Dodecad project, though.

Loki
05-08-2011, 07:32 PM
I'm part of the Eurogenes project. I'm US5 there. I am not part of the Dodecad project, though.

Does Eurogenes pick up the African segment?

Rochefaton
05-08-2011, 07:46 PM
Does Eurogenes pick up the African segment?

I showed a trace amount of something like 0.00054 at one point with a SSA population instead of the usual 0.00005, but I can't remember which African group Polako used as a reference then. It has only showed up in one run, though, and I didn't save the results to my computer either, it seems.

I know it wasn't the Yoruba, because that is who 23andMe uses, and I have one of the lowest similarities with them out all the people I share with.

The only results I have saved to my PC from the Eurogenes project is the White American run he did a few months back.

Barreldriver
05-08-2011, 08:17 PM
I showed a trace amount of something like 0.00054 at one point with a SSA population instead of the usual 0.00005, but I can't remember which African group Polako used as a reference then. It has only showed up in one run, though, and I didn't save the results to my computer either, it seems.

I know it wasn't the Yoruba, because that is who 23andMe uses, and I have one of the lowest similarities with them out all the people I share with.

The only results I have saved to my PC from the Eurogenes project is the White American run he did a few months back.

Was this a K run or was it the mosaic?

Rochefaton
05-08-2011, 08:27 PM
Was this a K run or was it the mosaic?

A K run.