PDA

View Full Version : Serbia's Population to Drop 20 Per Cent by 2050

poiuytrewq0987
05-08-2011, 08:09 PM
The Serbian population is expected to drop from 7.6 to 6.8 million by 2025, and to 5.9 million by 2050, the US Census Bureau reports.

Goran Penev from the Center of Demographic Research at the Institute of Social Sciences in Serbia told daily Blic that these demographic projections are more or less realistic.

Recent surveys by the Statistical Office of the Republic of Serbia on birth and death rates show that, with 15.7 per cent of Serbians over the age of 65, the country has an aging population.

The latest data from the US Census Bureau projects that Serbia will see the fourth highest demographic contraction in Europe.

The Serbian statistical office reports that the number of newborn in the country has been rapidly dropping at the same time that average life expectancy has grown.

Penev said that the average life expectancy in Serbia, which was 73.7 years in 2008, still falls well short of Switzerland where the average life span is 82.2 years.

Blic warns that the data from 2008 gives cause for serious concern since the Serbian death rate is two times higher than the birth rate in 62 of the country's 162 municipalities.

Speking to Blic, sociologist Milovan Mitrovic opined that people with better living standards always want to earn more and that this and the increasing acculturation to Western norms has led to children being viewed as a burden.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/serbia-s-population-to-drop-20-per-cent-by-2050

Stars Down To Earth
05-08-2011, 08:11 PM
The Serbian population is expected to drop from 7.6 to 6.8 million by 2025, and to 5.9 million by 2050, the US Census Bureau reports.
To be replaced by hordes of Albanians, no doubt.

poiuytrewq0987
05-08-2011, 08:12 PM
To be replaced by hordes of Albanians, no doubt.

Albanians are not going to grow by that much.

http://www.os-connect.com/pop/pop1.asp?CID=3

Ushtari
05-08-2011, 08:18 PM
Albanians are not going to grow by that much.

http://www.os-connect.com/pop/pop1.asp?CID=3
You forgot Albanians in kosova, who have the highest birth rate in Europe:thumb001:

The Journeyman
05-08-2011, 08:24 PM
You forgot Albanians in kosova, who have the highest birth rate in Europe:thumb001:

And are leading their kids into a life of abject poverty by doing so. :thumb001:

poiuytrewq0987
05-08-2011, 08:24 PM

From 2.3 million in 2010 to 3.2 million in 2050. Not that drastic. (http://www.prb.org/Datafinder/Geography/Summary.aspx?region=214&region_type=2)

Ushtari
05-08-2011, 08:25 PM
And are leading their kids into abject poverty by doing so. :thumb001:
Kosova is not an African country, so you have nothing to worry about.

Ushtari
05-08-2011, 08:27 PM
From 2.3 million in 2010 to 3.2 million in 2050. Not that drastic. (http://www.prb.org/Datafinder/Geography/Summary.aspx?region=214&region_type=2)
We are increasing, while you are thawing away, wich ofc is a good thing for stability in Balkan:thumb001:

The Journeyman
05-08-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm sure they're proud of being the poorest country in europe. :rolleyes2:

Loki
Serbia needs someone like Putin (http://blogs.ft.com/beyond-brics/2011/04/20/russia-worrying-about-the-birth-rate/) who can tackle demographic decline.

poiuytrewq0987
We are increasing, while you are thawing away, wich ofc is a good thing for stability in Balkan:thumb001:

No, because by then Albania will be Ottomans' bitch again. (http://www.prb.org/Datafinder/Geography/Summary.aspx?region=132&region_type=2)

The Journeyman
05-08-2011, 08:31 PM
The population is increasing probably because all the kosovar prostitutes are getting knocked up by Serbian and Bulgarian men.

Ushtari
05-08-2011, 08:31 PM
No, because by then Albania will be Ottomans' bitch again. (http://www.prb.org/Datafinder/Geography/Summary.aspx?region=132&region_type=2)
Yeah indeed, we should all obey our coming leader!

poiuytrewq0987
05-08-2011, 08:32 PM
Serbia needs someone like Putin (http://blogs.ft.com/beyond-brics/2011/04/20/russia-worrying-about-the-birth-rate/) who can tackle demographic decline.

If he can accomplish that then dayum... I can't imagine Russia having a GDP average of $35,000 but it is definitely doable if they diversify their industry.

Also I love how the article adds dollar signs next to population numbers. Always thinking about money. :D

Loki
05-08-2011, 08:34 PM
If he can accomplish that then dayum... I can't imagine Russia having a GDP average of $35,000 but it is definitely doable if they diversify their industry.

Also I love how the article adds dollar signs next to population numbers. Always thinking about money. :D

Hats off to Putin for trying though. He's a smart man, he can see what the real problems are.

iNird
05-08-2011, 08:36 PM
The population is increasing probably because all the kosovar prostitutes are getting knocked up by Serbian and Bulgarian men.

Judging by your population statistics it would appear Serbian men don't like women.

;)

Loki
05-08-2011, 08:37 PM

In almost all countries birthrate declines when living standards improve. We should wish for Turkish economic prosperity.

poiuytrewq0987
05-08-2011, 08:39 PM
Hats off to Putin for trying though. He's a smart man, he can see what the real problems are.

One thing that's real disturbing. The biggest country in the EU is Germany, correct? Germany is poised to drop from 81 to 71 million by 2050. While this might won't seem like a huge hit since Germany is already a populous country but when we factor in Turkey... it's going to increase from 70 million to 90-100 million in the same time span essentially making it the most populous EU country if it ever joins.

poiuytrewq0987
05-08-2011, 08:41 PM
In almost all countries birthrate declines when living standards improve. We should wish for Turkish economic prosperity.

Well, yeah just nudge them out of their biggest money maker i.e. the Bosporous and they're back to a subsistence farming economy. The only reason Turkey even have power today is because of their control of that strait if Greece could somehow take it away from Turkey then things would turn back in our favor, especially for Greece and what's good for Greece is good for the Balkans.

Wanderlust
05-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Stability in Balkan is world's shortest joke..

poiuytrewq0987
05-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Judging by your population statistics it would appear Serbian men don't like women.

;)

Oh I like women plenty, it's just that thing called western influences that brings ruination to our people. A Serbian sociologist even agrees with me.

Speking to Blic, sociologist Milovan Mitrovic opined that people with better living standards always want to earn more and that this and the increasing acculturation to Western norms has led to children being viewed as a burden.

Joe McCarthy
05-08-2011, 08:53 PM

It might actually make Turkey more dangerous. From economic prosperity flows political and military muscle.

poiuytrewq0987
05-08-2011, 08:55 PM

The Balkans is unstable because it lacks a single great power that has the power to make other Balkan countries listen. All Balkan countries are of equal strength and with equality comes instability. However, I can predict Greece someday becoming that power if it ever retakes Constantinople, Nicaea and Smyrna from Turkey allowing its population to grow larger quicker, and its military strength would be essentially undisputed to other Balkan countries.

I view the instability in the Balkans as some sort of frozen conflict that was frozen after the Ottomans conquered the Balkans. The Serbs, Greeks and Bulgarians all were fighting for hegemony of the Balkans. Caesar Dushan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_Empire)was in fact about to win this hegemony (Bulgarians were weak and the Byzantines were at the mercy of the Ottomans by then (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fc/Byzantine_empire_1355.jpg)) but he met his untimely end giving way to the collapse of the Serbian Empire.

Had the Caesar lived, it's quite possible that the Serbian Empire could have repelled the Ottoman conquest and taken Constantinople for Serbia.

Wanderlust
05-08-2011, 09:11 PM
The Balkans is unstable because it lacks a single great power that has the power to make other Balkan countries listen. All Balkan countries are of equal strength and with equality comes instability. However, I can predict Greece someday becoming that power if it ever retakes Constantinople, Nicaea and Smyrna from Turkey allowing its population to grow larger quicker, and its military strength would be essentially undisputed to other Balkan countries.

I view the instability in the Balkans as some sort of frozen conflict that was frozen after the Ottomans conquered the Balkans. The Serbs, Greeks and Bulgarians all were fighting for hegemony of the Balkans. Caesar Dushan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbian_Empire)was in fact about to win this hegemony (Bulgarians were weak and the Byzantines were at the mercy of the Ottomans by then (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/fc/Byzantine_empire_1355.jpg)) but he met his untimely end giving way to the collapse of the Serbian Empire.

Had the Caesar lived, it's quite possible that the Serbian Empire could have repelled the Ottoman conquest and taken Constantinople for Serbia.

Greece retaking Constantinople,Nicaea and Smyrna..Only some AEK fans (athletic team with roots in Con/ple) still believe in that.That's impossible and you know it well.Greece is ok the way it is but has to deal with corruption and freaking nepotism.There is something I don't get: why do Balcans have to fight AGAIN for hegemony? Aren't you guys sick and tired of that?

Labeat
05-08-2011, 09:22 PM
Stability in Balkan is possible only if we Albanians take our lands back.

Radojica
05-08-2011, 09:24 PM
There is something I don't get: why do Balcans have to fight AGAIN for hegemony? Aren't you guys sick and tired of that?

Those are usually hotheaded teens who never saw rifle, not to mention firing from one and who never experienced horrors of the war. Many of us who experienced it are tired of all of that because at the end of the day, it's all for nothing when politicians are playing. Type of the people who are saying " Some of you are going to die and some of you(s) are going to survive".

Stability in Balkan is possible only if we Albanians take our lands back.

And you are saying this like Albanians are some factor of stability in the Balkans. Lol, what a joke :lol:

Uncle Sam and Uncle Joe are saying when Balkans will be stable not when we Balkanoids wants that. If it was up to Serbs, Serbia would be now up to Tirana and Albania would not exist anymore.

Labeat
05-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Uncle Sam and Uncle Joe are saying when Balkans will be stable not when we Balkanoids wants that. If it was up to Serbs, Serbia would be now up to Tirana and Albania would not exist anymore.
This is my second and last post in your subforum so dont reply me again , your grandmothers destroy your brain by telling you this kind of old wive's tale.

mymy
05-08-2011, 09:35 PM
First of all, things are not so easy how they look. You can say okay, marry young and have a lot of kids and population will increase by years. But, real life is not so simple and people are not rabbits!
You can't just have kids. Before you decide to have kids at all, you must have right partner for it. It is not the point to marry first person you like and have 6 kids with that person if you realize that you don't share similar view of life... And that could be dangerous because you will probably divorce, or have very bad family life because you won't understand each other and children will suffer too. So, first find right partner and then think about making family.
Other thing, if you don't have good or at least decent matherial situation, how wont be able to financially support family... Making kids is good, but making poor kids is not really good idea. You won't have enough money to feed them, you won't have enough money to dress them, to pay them education and so on... and believed or not, more and more poor people will just make problem to society.
This would lead to creating of numerous, but poor nation. Again, education is becoming more and more expensive, so in future definitely would be harder to study than now. Lack of educated people could also create increasing of criminal.

And, it is not very smart from you to say that Serbian women don't want to marry and have kids because they want good education and money. I will marry when i meet right person for it and have kids when i will be sure that they will have opportunity for decent life.

Wanderlust
05-08-2011, 09:42 PM
First of all, things are not so easy how they look. You can say okay, marry young and have a lot of kids and population will increase by years. But, real life is not so simple and people are not rabbits!
You can't just have kids. Before you decide to have kids at all, you must have right partner for it. It is not the point to marry first person you like and have 6 kids with that person if you realize that you don't share similar view of life... And that could be dangerous because you will probably divorce, or have very bad family life because you won't understand each other and children will suffer too. So, first find right partner and then think about making family.
Other thing, if you don't have good or at least decent matherial situation, how wont be able to financially support family... Making kids is good, but making poor kids is not really good idea. You won't have enough money to feed them, you won't have enough money to dress them, to pay them education and so on... and believed or not, more and more poor people will just make problem to society.
This would lead to creating of numerous, but poor nation. Again, education is becoming more and more expensive, so in future definitely would be harder to study than now. Lack of educated people could also create increasing of criminal.

And, it is not very smart from you to say that Serbian women don't want to marry and have kids because they want good education and money. I will marry when i meet right person for it and have kids when i will be sure that they will have opportunity for decent life.

Agreed.This isn't China people where the total monthly income is like 30$.
You're talking about some regions still recovering from war.It's not that simple.

poiuytrewq0987
05-08-2011, 09:45 PM

I disagree, just make as many children then send them to USA, the UK, Sweden and France for work. :D

Kidding, course but joking aside...

What the sociologist said:

Speking to Blic, sociologist Milovan Mitrovic opined that people with better living standards always want to earn more and that this and the increasing acculturation to Western norms has led to children being viewed as a burden. He basically said families/women/men/whatever who had money didn't want to have children because they're a burden as they'd rather spend the money on themselves than their children. That's very, very problematic.

mymy
05-08-2011, 09:54 PM
I disagree, just make as many children then send them to USA, the UK, Sweden and France for work. :D

Kidding, course but joking aside...

What the sociologist said:
He basically said families/women/men/whatever who had money didn't want to have children because they're a burden as they'd rather spend the money on themselves than their children. That's very, very problematic.

You just quote words of some sociologists, and as we know people on Balkan tend to talk about way how they see situation, from their point of view without really realizing real fact.
Those "rich" people aren't really numerous here.
Anyway, you must live here to know how things work.
But i must say again, that before making kids, you must have right partner.

Radojica
05-08-2011, 09:55 PM
This is my second and last post in your subforum so dont reply me again , your grandmothers destroy your brain by telling you this kind of old wive's tale.

And you are the last person to tell me what to do, so I'll just say that those grandmothers had more wisdom than half of your countrymen ;)

If you are planning to do all above mentioned in Serbia then I see another grandma-girl like I am just another grandpa-boy :ohwell:

mymy
05-08-2011, 10:01 PM
If you are planning to do all above mentioned in Serbia then I see another grandma-girl like I am just another grandpa-boy :ohwell:

Uhhh... :confused:
I don't know really. From some weird reason what i don't know, I never had Serbian boyfriend. And how things are looking now, i don't know if there are any chances for improving my love life. Apparently, people find me difficult :confused::D
I hope you aren't right, but i'm afraid you could be right actually. It's just, you can't just have any relation, shouldn't it be special??

Hussar
05-08-2011, 10:07 PM
One thing that's real disturbing. The biggest country in the EU is Germany, correct? Germany is poised to drop from 81 to 71 million by 2050. While this might won't seem like a huge hit since Germany is already a populous country but when we factor in Turkey... it's going to increase from 70 million to 90-100 million in the same time span essentially making it the most populous EU country if it ever joins.

Sorry if i disagree with you.

I'm not for Turkey in UE for sure, but at the moment the turkish natality has dropped in the last 20-30 years. Probably the statistics you have read, would be true if Turkey had NOW (on the current population) the same natality of 1980, circa.

At the moment the birthrate of Turkey is 1,8 (lower then the replacement level). The real truth is that demographic growth in in Turkey is almost at european level by now.

The same is for IRAN (1,7 childs per woman). And many other nations of the third world. We can say that a good part of third world has concluded the phase of the explosive growth.

Radojica
05-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Uhhh... :confused:
I don't know really. From some weird reason what i don't know, I never had Serbian boyfriend. And how things are looking now, i don't know if there are any chances for improving my love life. Apparently, people find me difficult :confused::D
I hope you aren't right, but i'm afraid you could be right actually. It's just, you can't just have any relation, shouldn't it be special??

I grew up in, someone would say, big family, with three brothers and dozen of brothers and sisters from my uncles, aunts, around me. My oldest brother got a boy when he was 21 and a girl when he was 25, while my another brother with 24. The thing is that in Serbia is a custom that people get marry quite early (in todays terms) before 25, so seeing myself as a guy who is entering 29 in two months and not having kids is fearing me, to be honest. Maybe it's just question of environment hence my way of thinking, but that's or that was way of thinking in Serbia not so long ago.

But also, seeing girls attitudes today who are seeing situation where a guy is offering himself to escort her home at 2 A.M. as something psychotic makes me think that I won't find my luck among Serbian girls (funny thing is that I was in love only once in Serbian girl :eusa_shifty:, all the others were Hungarian, Slovak, Romanian...those I cared about)...

Also, two things we have to have in mind: abortion rate and Pink television who is the factory for sponsor hunting girls :swl

mymy
05-08-2011, 10:28 PM
I grew up in, someone would say, big family, with three brothers and dozen of brothers and sisters from my uncles, aunts, around me. My oldest brother got a boy when he was 21 and a girl when he was 25, while my another brother with 24. The thing is that in Serbia is a custom that people get marry quite early (in todays terms) before 25, so seeing myself as a guy who is entering 29 in two months and not having kids is fearing me, to be honest. Maybe it's just question of environment hence my way of thinking, but that's or that was way of thinking in Serbia not so long ago.

But also, seeing girls attitudes today who are seeing situation where a guy is offering himself to escort her home at 2 A.M. as something psychotic makes me think that I won't find my luck among Serbian girls (funny thing is that I was in love only once in Serbian girl :eusa_shifty:, all the others were Hungarian, Slovak, Romanian...those I cared about)...

Also, two things we have to have in mind: abortion rate and Pink television who is the factory for sponsor hunting girls :swl

I'm thinking now what those foreigners think about us Serbs when read our posts. First, I wrote how i never dated Serbian guy, and now you write how most of girls you loved wasn't Serbian... Apparently we have some problem :D

I agree, Pink television and turbo-folk culture did lot of damage to Serbian society and system of values.

Radojica
05-08-2011, 10:41 PM
I'm thinking now what those foreigners think about us Serbs when read our posts. First, I wrote how i never dated Serbian guy, and now you write how most of girls you loved wasn't Serbian... Apparently we have some problem :D

We are too progressive for our destroyed society and system of values which are ruling today's Serbia ;)

I agree, Pink television and turbo-folk culture did lot of damage to Serbian society and system of values.

I think that only Chuck Norris can save us from that evil thing.

Btw, I heard that last year Jelena Karleusa had to pay fee and was arrested for nudity while being in Dubai. Luckily for her, they did not hear her singing, otherwise they would shoot her on spot :swl :swl

Марко Краљевић
05-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Unfortunately, a correct prediction in my opinion. The worst of all, with time the percentage of elderly increases in general population leading to even more pronounced population decline with time.

Reasons? The boyish behavior of men in their 30s, enjoying a prolonged boyhood, "young" cellulite princesses, also in their 30s, waiting for Mr. D'Arcy to sway them away.

poiuytrewq0987
05-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Reasons? The boyish behavior of men in their 30s, enjoying a prolonged boyhood, "young" cellulite princesses, also in their 30s, waiting for Mr. D'Arcy to sway them away.

:pound: sad but true.

Wanderlust
05-09-2011, 05:18 PM
Generally speaking 20% by 2050 seems way too much for me.I don't think so.
The ''Mr. D'Arcy'' comment was very smart. ;)

Марко Краљевић
05-09-2011, 07:02 PM
Generally speaking 20% by 2050 seems way too much for me.I don't think so.

20% would be too much if we would dose Viagra into water supply system for 30+ yearolds.

The ''Mr. D'Arcy'' comment was very smart. ;)

Hey, even I would marry Mr. D'Arcy.;)

Wanderlust
05-09-2011, 07:03 PM
^Lol.C'mon..