PDA

View Full Version : Does Obama hate the British?

Æmeric
03-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Apparently, President Obama doesn’t like the British. During Prime Minister Gordon Brown’s recent trip to Washington, Obama was rude and inconsiderate on multiple fronts. For starters, the first joint press conference with the president and prime minister was canceled “due to snow.” Next, when one was finally scheduled, Obama’s team told Brown’s team that they could not have any British flags in the background. Only after a fair amount of begging did the Brits get their flags.

Next, when the two families met and exchanged gifts, it was clear that the Obama’s were thoughtful enough to tell a page to “go get something nice,” while the Brown’s clearly put some thought into the gifts.

Obama received from Brown a pen holder, made out of timber from the HMS Gannet, a Navy vessel that made several anti-slavery missions to Africa. He also received commissioning papers for a Royal Navy ship that has served as a symbol of goodwill between the US and UK. Lastly, he received a first-edition, 7 volume biography of Winston Churchill.

Obama gave Brown a 25-DVD set of classic movies. I hope he, at least, made sure they play on Region 2 DVD players (as opposed to Region 1, which is the US standard).

For the children, Sarah Brown, the UK first lady, gave the Obama girls outfits from a British clothing chain and selected 6 books, written by British authors, which have not yet been published in the US.

Michelle Obama bought two matching model helicopters, modeled after Marine One. They’re available in the White House gift shop (see third link).

This only adds insult to injury. The anti-Britain attitude started last month. A bust of Winston Churchill, from the British Government’s art collection, had been on display in the Oval Office since 2001. British officials offered to let Obama keep it for another 4 year, but the White House responded, “No, thank you.”

Why does Obama hate the British, so much? I thought electing Barack was supposed to help our standing in the world, but he’s just pissing a lot of people off.

Source (http://www.rantrave.com/Rant/Obama-Hates-the-British.aspx)

Could BHO have a grudge against the Brits over their rule of Kenya?:icon_ask:

Birka
03-06-2009, 09:54 PM
And afterall, he is a Kenyan citizen.

Beorn
03-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Obama received from Brown a pen holder, made out of timber from the HMS Gannet, a Navy vessel that made several anti-slavery missions to Africa. He also received commissioning papers for a Royal Navy ship that has served as a symbol of goodwill between the US and UK. Lastly, he received a first-edition, 7 volume biography of Winston Churchill.
LOL! Way to go, Browny!

"Aye, here ya go ya wee basterd. Here's a wee pen holder made out of an anti-slaving ship that unfortunately didnae capture your shit stained ancestors, ken I mean?"

:laugh:

Why does Obama hate the British, so much? I thought electing Barack was supposed to help our standing in the world, but he’s just pissing a lot of people off.Because the British are the reason that man can even talk.
If it wasn't for the British, Ombongo would still be in Africa eating freshly caught human body parts that his local witch doctor told him would make him invincible against neighbouring tribes.

Either that or the man simply woke up on the wrong side of the bed and didn't want to play civilised.

Vargtand
03-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Could very much be so, on that front I would not blame him though

LOL! Way to go, Browny!

"Aye, here ya go ya wee basterd. Here's a wee pen holder made out of an anti-slaving ship that unfortunately didnae capture your shit stained ancestors, ken I mean?"

Because the British are the reason that man can even talk.
If it wasn't for the British, Ombongo would still be in Africa eating freshly caught human body parts that his local witch doctor told him would make him invincible against neighbouring tribes.

Either that or the man simply woke up on the wrong side of the bed and didn't want to play civilised.

Haha got to love the stereotyping :P

SPQR
03-06-2009, 10:02 PM
lol there's so much stuff going on here I can't stop laughing.

But really, who in their right mind doesn't have at least a little animosity towards the Brits? :D

Æmeric
03-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Maybe BHO has a grudge against the Brits for burning down the White House in 1814. Yeah, that's probably it.

Vargtand
03-06-2009, 10:12 PM
lol there's so much stuff going on here I can't stop laughing.

But really, who in their right mind doesn't have at least a little animosity towards the Brits? :D

Maybe you colonial guys, me personally hate them as much as I hate any other European nation except for Norway which has a special place... :P

Osweo
03-07-2009, 12:35 AM
Quite a snub! I've seen minor Customs officers at international meetings give better presents!

Of course, Brown would get far worse from ME! No reason to take it out on his kids, though. Rubbish helicopters? I thought Brown had daughters? Mind you, do they actually fly? :D

To see the extent of this snub, we'd have to compare what Obama gives other visiting dignatories, of course.

Taheen
03-07-2009, 12:53 AM
Obama doesn't care for European Americans, in fact on the absolute contrary Im sure - without doubt he identifies greatly with Africans -, and who represents the true heritage and roots of the United States the best? Britain and the English.

Barreldriver
03-07-2009, 12:58 AM
And afterall, he is a Kenyan citizen.

I always thought that U.S. Presidents were supposed to be U.S. citizens from birth? If Obongo got in why couldn't Arnold, I'd much rather have the Governator in office than some porch monkey.

I found this article interesting, but it doesn't make much sense to me, it's arguing about Obama's mother giving birth to Obama outside of the U.S. while not having resided on U.S. soil for 5 years after the age of 16, well she was residing in Hawaii, and I thought Hawaii was a state by 1959, so wouldn't that be U.S. soil?, I don't like Obama, don't want him as president, but I want my criticisms towards the monkey to be accurate:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/citizen.asp

Taheen
03-07-2009, 01:27 AM
but I want my criticisms towards the monkey to be accurate:

Don't we all? :tongue

Beorn
03-07-2009, 01:30 AM
well she was residing in Hawaii

The "conspiracy" of it all is the conflicting familial statements.

One member said Obama was born in Kenya, whilst another says he was born and registered in Hawaii.

Barreldriver
03-07-2009, 01:31 AM

One member said Obama was born in Kenya, whilst another says he was born and registered in Hawaii.

Blah it's so confusing, and only furthers my hatred for the 3/5 of a man.

Gooding
03-07-2009, 01:35 AM
LOL! Way to go, Browny!

Because the British are the reason that man can even talk.

True,true and true again.The British,just like us in the U.S. are a reminder to Obongo that he is a fraud.Nothing more, nothing less.Without the British, he would be nothing more than a savage in a loin cloth..no, check that, without the American obsession with multicles, chances are that his mother would've found a nice white husband to marry and this overmoneyed half-breed wouldn't even exist.So, like a beggar in the street trying to imitate something grand and stumbling on the real thing which he could never aspire to be,Obongo feels madly jealous and tries(like most negroes) to thwart and obstruct the very people who taught him civilization.Because he is inferior, he knows it and it eats at him.Not white.Not even black.An aberration who goes with the blacks because they are willing to claim him.:rolleyes:

Æmeric
03-07-2009, 01:37 AM

This is a discussion in another thread, but Obama could put to rest the issue by releasing his birth records. Hawaii allows the registration of births (of infants to residents of Hawaii) that take place outside the US. So just because he has a Hawaii birth ceritficate doesn't mean he meets the requirements to constitutionally be president.

Beorn
03-07-2009, 01:45 AM
This is a discussion in another thread, but Obama could put to rest the issue by releasing his birth records. Hawaii allows the registration of births (of infants to residents of Hawaii) that take place outside the US. So just because he has a Hawaii birth ceritficate doesn't mean he meets the requirements to constitutionally be president.

That I never knew.

So more than ever, that piece of paper which has been locked away in rolls of red-tape is vital to dispelling, or confirming, the accusation of his legality to the presidency.

Barreldriver
03-07-2009, 01:47 AM
That I never knew.

So more than ever, that piece of paper which has been locked away in rolls of red-tape is vital to dispelling, or confirming, the accusation of his legality to the presidency.

I'm going to look into what I need to do to publicly demand that piece of paper. First I need to find some backup.

Æmeric
03-07-2009, 01:52 AM
I always thought that U.S. Presidents were supposed to be U.S. citizens from birth? If Obongo got in why couldn't Arnold, I'd much rather have the Governator in office than some porch monkey.

I found this article interesting, but it doesn't make much sense to me, it's arguing about Obama's mother giving birth to Obama outside of the U.S. while not having resided on U.S. soil for 5 years after the age of 16, well she was residing in Hawaii, and I thought Hawaii was a state by 1959, so wouldn't that be U.S. soil?, I don't like Obama, don't want him as president, but I want my criticisms towards the monkey to be accurate:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/citizen.asp

Hawai'i became a US possession in 1898 & was formally incorporated into the US in 1900. When it was incorporated into the US it became a part of the US so anyone born in Hawai'i after 1900 is a US citizen by birth. Puerto Rico is a US unincorporated territory. It is not part of the US proper & persons born in Puerto Rico only have US citizenship by a special act (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jones-Shafroth_Act) of Congress. The Philippines were once an unincorporated territory of the US but Filipinos never had US citizenship nor did being born in the Philippines while it was an unincorporated US territory (1898-1946) ever grant anyone automatic birthright US citizenship.

Gooding
03-07-2009, 01:57 AM
Well, fine.Obongo's an ungrateful nit who got to the presidency on a technicality and now (for some reason)won't let the public view his birth certificate.What are the chances that this breed was actually born in Kenya?:eek::p:rolleyes:;):D

Æmeric
03-08-2009, 01:00 AM
Barack Obama's offhand approach to Gordon Brown's Washington visit last week came about because the president was facing exhaustion over America's economic crisis and is unable to focus on foreign affairs, the Sunday Telegraph has been told.

Sources close to the White House say Mr Obama and his staff have been "overwhelmed" by the economic meltdown and have voiced concerns that the new president is not getting enough rest.

British officials, meanwhile, admit that the White House and US State Department staff were utterly bemused by complaints that the Prime Minister should have been granted full-blown press conference and a formal dinner, as has been customary. They concede that Obama aides seemed unfamiliar with the expectations that surround a major visit by a British prime minister.

But Washington figures with access to Mr Obama's inner circle explained the slight by saying that those high up in the administration have had little time to deal with international matters, let alone the diplomatic niceties of the special relationship.

Allies of Mr Obama say his weary appearance in the Oval Office with Mr Brown illustrates the strain he is now under, and the president's surprise at the sheer volume of business that crosses his desk.

A well-connected Washington figure, who is close to members of Mr Obama's inner circle, expressed concern that Mr Obama had failed so far to "even fake an interest in foreign policy".

A British official conceded that the furore surrounding the apparent snub to Mr Brown had come as a shock to the White House. "I think it's right to say that their focus is elsewhere, on domestic affairs. A number of our US interlocutors said they couldn't quite understand the British concerns and didn't get what that was all about."

The American source said: "Obama is overwhelmed. There is a zero sum tension between his ability to attend to the economic issues and his ability to be a proactive sculptor of the national security agenda.

"That was the gamble these guys made at the front end of this presidency and I think they're finding it a hard thing to do everything."

British diplomats insist the visit was a success, with officials getting the chance to develop closer links with Mr Obama's aides. They point out that the president has agreed to meet the prime minister for further one-to-one talks in London later this month, ahead of the G20 summit on April 2.

But they concede that the mood music of the event was at times strained. Mr Brown handed over carefully selected gifts, including a pen holder made from the wood of a warship that helped stamp out the slave trade - a sister ship of the vessel from which timbers were taken to build Mr Obama's Oval Office desk. Mr Obama's gift in return, a collection of Hollywood film DVDs that could have been bought from any high street store, looked like the kind of thing the White House might hand out to the visiting head of a minor African state.

Mr Obama rang Mr Brown as he flew home, in what many suspected was an attempt to make amends.

The real views of many in Obama administration were laid bare by a State Department official involved in planning the Brown visit, who reacted with fury when questioned by The Sunday Telegraph about why the event was so low-key.

The official dismissed any notion of the special relationship, saying: "There's nothing special about Britain. You're just the same as the other 190 countries in the world. You shouldn't expect special treatment." The apparent lack of attention to detail by the Obama administration is indicative of what many believe to be Mr Obama's determination to do too much too quickly.

In addition to passing the largest stimulus package and the largest budget in US history, Mr Obama is battling a plummeting stock market, the possible bankruptcy of General Motors, and rising unemployment. He has also begun historic efforts to achieve universal healthcare, overhaul education and begin a green energy revolution all in his first 50 days in office.

The Sunday Telegraph understands that one of Mr Obama's most prominent African American backers, whose endorsement he spent two years cultivating, has told friends that he detects a weakness in Mr Obama's character.

"The one real serious flaw I see in Barack Obama is that he thinks he can manage all this," the well-known figure told a Washington official, who spoke to this newspaper. "He's underestimating the flood of things that will hit his desk." A Democratic strategist, who is friends with several senior White House aides, revealed that the president has regularly appeared worn out and drawn during evening work sessions with senior staff in the West Wing and has been forced to make decisions more quickly than he is comfortable.

He said that on several occasions the president has had to hurry back from eating dinner with his family in the residence and then tucking his daughters in to bed, to conduct urgent government business. Matters are not helped by the pledge to give up smoking.

"People say he looks tired more often than they're used to," the strategist said. "He's still calm, but there have been flashes of irritation when he thinks he's being pushed to make a decision sooner than he wants to make it. He looks like he needs a cigarette."

Mr Obama was teased by the New York Times on Thursday in a front page story which claimed to have detected a greater prevalence of grey hairs since he entered the White House.

The Democratic strategist stressed that Mr Obama's plight was nothing new. "He knew it was going to be tough; he said as much throughout the campaign. But there's a difference between knowing it is going to be tough and facing the sheer relentless pressure of it all."

Source (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/barackobama/4953523/Barack-Obama-too-tired-to-give-proper-welcome-to-Gordon-Brown.html)

Gooding
03-08-2009, 01:08 AM
A few extra gray hairs?Bah.

Treffie
03-08-2009, 06:41 PM
I was watching the most recent meeting between Gordon Brown and Obama on the news recently and the body language that Obama displayed made it look so obvious that he wasn't really interested.

Æmeric
03-08-2009, 07:00 PM
There is a Chief of Protocol (http://www.state.gov/s/cpr/), a political appointee, who is responsible for overseeing these kinds of get-togethers & making sure that proper protocol is observed, depending on the staus of the visiting dignitary. There is currently an acting C of P, Obama nearly 4-months after being elected still has not finished assembling his staff. But there are career civil servants at the State Department who could have advised the White House on proper protocol concerning the Brown visit.

Rahm Emanuel, the Chief of Staff, is the son of a former member of Irgun, a Zionist terrorist group that fought the British in Palestine before independence in 1948. Another reason for the Obama snub?

Barreldriver
03-08-2009, 10:50 PM
There is a Chief of Protocol (http://www.state.gov/s/cpr/), a political appointee, who is responsible for overseeing these kinds of get-togethers & making sure that proper protocol is observed, depending on the staus of the visiting dignitary. There is currently an acting C of P, Obama nearly 4-months after being elected still has not finished assembling his staff. But there are career civil servants at the State Department who could have advised the White House on proper protocol concerning the Brown visit.

Rahm Emanuel, the Chief of Staff, is the son of a former member of Irgun, a Zionist terrorist group that fought the British in Palestine before independence in 1948. Another reason for the Obama snub?

Sounds like Ombongo is recruiting for the final act. What a bastard.

Jägerstaffel
03-08-2009, 11:35 PM
Maybe you colonial guys, me personally hate them as much as I hate any other European nation except for Norway which has a special place... :P

Hard NOT to hate Norway. Jeez. :)

inside-joke, I swear

Æmeric
03-20-2009, 08:47 PM
While not exactly a film buff, Gordon Brown was touched when Barack Obama gave him a set of 25 classic American movies – including Psycho, starring Anthony Perkins on his recent visit to Washington.

Alas, when the PM settled down to begin watching them the other night, he found there was a problem.

The films only worked in DVD players made in North America and the words "wrong region" came up on his screen. Although he mournfully had to put the popcorn away, he is unlikely to jeopardise the special relationship – or "special partnership", as we are now supposed to call it – by registering a complaint.

A Downing Street spokesman said he was "confident" that any gift Obama gave Brown would have been "well thought through," but referred me to the White House for assistance on the "technical aspects".

A White House spokesman sniggered when I put the story to him and he was still looking into the matter when my deadline came last night.

By the way, when Obama's unlikely gift was disclosed, a reader emailed me to ask if Clueless was among the films. Funnily enough, it was not.

Brown, on the other hand, presented a rather more thoughtful gift to the American President in the form of a penholder carved from the timbers of an anti-slavery ship. The sister ship, in fact, of the one that was broken up and turned into the desk in the Oval Office.

Source (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/mandrake/5011941/Gordon-Brown-is-frustrated-by-Psycho-in-No-10.html)

Vulpix
03-20-2009, 10:04 PM
^

Wow, I initially thought it was a joke :eek:!

Skandi
03-20-2009, 10:08 PM
I did wonder about the region :) well shows that he is really up to the job doesn't it, if he can't get a simple gift right what hope is there for him!

Groenewolf
03-24-2009, 07:30 PM
If it was a prominent politician from Keyna instead of Brown I doubt he was given a DVD-box as a gift.:rolleyes: