PDA

View Full Version : 64% of Serbians polled vote for Monarchy over Republic

Groenewolf
05-09-2011, 04:53 PM
balkans.com (http://www.balkans.com/open-news.php?uniquenumber=104379)

Serbian citizens are clearly supporting switching from a Republic to a Constitutional Monarchy based on a recent poll shown by popular Serbian newspaper Blic. An outstanding 64% chose Monarchy over Republic. The question was simple… What do you support, Republic or Monarchy and the results very revealing.

“Monarchy supporters are claiming that the Monarchy has a greater support, among the people, more than we know, think, speak or write in public. Writer Dušan Kovačević, who is a member of the Crown Council in Belgrade, said in a statement to "Flash” that despite this, there is no political party that could articulate with people’s opinion towards Monarchy.”

One of the biggest voices for Constitutional Monarchy in Serbia is the Association of the Kingdom of Serbia with tens and thousands of members and over 50 communities throughout Serbia. The Association is spreading the word, of the benefits of Constitutional Monarchy in Serbia, through a grass root campaign. The efforts include donating their time for humanitarian causes. http://www.kraljevinasrbija.com/ their website states that "A Constitutional Monarchy is the only real solution and a safe path for the salvation of Serbia and is based equally on the past and the future." They are asking for Serbians all over the world to sign up to the Association to bring Constitutional Monarchy in Serbia.

The head of the Royal Family in Serbia is the well-known and well respected, Crown Prince Alexander II of Serbia. He was recently interviewed on many television stations worldwide during Their Royal Highnesses attendance at the Royal Wedding of Prince William. Crown Prince Alexander is the first godson of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth.

(...)

Rest at the above link.

poiuytrewq0987
05-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Only ethnic Serbs should be allowed to sit on the Serbian throne. I hate modern monarchies because the royal families are often of foreign blood.

The Journeyman
05-09-2011, 11:08 PM
I would love to see a Monarchy come back to Serbia. When I think of Serbs, I think of a conservative-leaning, traditional, honorable people (maybe not the youth?) with a proud history; it seems a perfect fit. Not to mention it would bring back some honor, prestige, and respect for the Serbian leadership.

SwordoftheVistula
05-09-2011, 11:17 PM
Only ethnic Serbs should be allowed to sit on the Serbian throne. I hate modern monarchies because the royal families are often of foreign blood.

The European royal houses married with eachother throughout history, so it's not just a modern invention but something going on throughout history