PDA

View Full Version : classify students from slovenia

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-27-2018, 06:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdb8rpn-hU4

meiliren
12-27-2018, 06:36 PM
Girls look very Slavic can pass in Ukraine, Russia, Baltic States.

Guys look more Western. Austria or Italia.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-27-2018, 06:51 PM
Girls look very Slavic can pass in Ukraine, Russia, Baltic States.

Guys look more Western. Austria or Italia.

interesting

CommonSense
12-27-2018, 06:54 PM
This group has much less blondes and more Meds than the one I remember Jana posted. Still, they look noticeably different compared to us.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-27-2018, 06:56 PM
This group has much less blondes and more Meds than the one I remember Jana posted. Still, they look noticeably different compared to us.

these are from kranj, upper carniola

Kaloon
12-27-2018, 06:58 PM
There is a Slovak resteraunt I sometimes go to- close to where I live. These people strongly resemble Slovaks I have seen...

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-27-2018, 07:02 PM
There is a Slovak resteraunt I sometimes go to- close to where I live. These people strongly resemble Slovaks I have seen...

slovenes and slovaks were probably part od same ethnic group before hungarian invasion so that makes sense

Pribislav
12-27-2018, 07:06 PM
slovenes and slovaks were probably part od same ethnic group before hungarian invasion so that makes sense

+ Czechs

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-29-2018, 06:08 AM
anyone else ?

Dna8
12-29-2018, 06:10 AM

good point

Dna8
12-29-2018, 06:26 AM

definitely distinguishable from Serbs/Croats/Bosnians, for the most part

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-29-2018, 06:27 AM
definitely distinguishable from Serbs/Croats/Bosnians, for the most part

depends which croats you mean. slovenes look more like nothern croats than southern croats do

Dna8
12-29-2018, 06:38 AM
depends which croats you mean. slovenes look more like nothern croats than southern croats do

I took it for granted it would be assumed that I was talking about Dalmatians/Herzegovinians :D

My mistake..

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-29-2018, 06:39 AM
I took it for granted it would be assumed that I was talking about Dalmatians :D

i mean, dalmatians are pretty distinct looking. it's easy to recognize them in zagreb. i'm dark for example but i don't look like dalmatian

Dna8
12-29-2018, 06:42 AM
i mean, dalmatians are pretty distinct looking. it's easy to recognize them in zagreb. i'm dark for example but i don't look like dalmatian

i am surprised there is enough space for Purgeri and Dalmatinci in Zagreb, what with all the Eros :D

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-29-2018, 06:44 AM
i am surprised there is enough space for Purgeri and Dalmatinci in Zagreb, what with all the Eros :D

what do you mean bro ? :D

Dna8
12-29-2018, 06:45 AM
what do you mean bro ? :D

sorry i could be wrong.. but this Croatian guy I knew said that Herzegovinians (Eros?) were taking over Zagreb

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-29-2018, 06:46 AM
sorry i could be wrong.. but this Croatian guy I knew said that Herzegovinians (Eros?) were taking over Zagreb

yeah he was right. our major is from herzegovina ofc

Dna8
12-29-2018, 06:48 AM
yeah he was right. our major is from herzegovina ofc

Herzegovinians and Montenegrins might be the alpha males of the Balkans

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-29-2018, 06:50 AM
Herzegovinians and Montenegrins might be the alpha males of the Balkans

true that, biggest criminals too,that goes together in package

Dna8
12-29-2018, 06:52 AM
true that, biggest criminals too,that goes together in package

Have you heard of historian Goran Saric? He has appeared a few times on BalkanInfo.. very interesting guy

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-29-2018, 06:53 AM
Have you heard of historian Goran Saric? He has appeared a few times on BalkanInfo.. very interesting guy

yeah, you take him serious ?

Dna8
12-29-2018, 06:58 AM
yeah, you take him serious ?

Ive only watched two of his appearances on the show.. never read any of his work.. never attended one of his lectures.. so I cannot really evaluate him..

But some of the ideas he has raised during the two BalkanInfo episodes I watched were interesting..

You dislike him on account of his anthropology/ethnology or on account of his politics?

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-29-2018, 06:59 AM
Ive only watched two of his appearances on the show.. never read any of his work.. never attended one of his lectures.. so I cannot really evaluate him..

But some of the ideas he has raised during the two BalkanInfo episodes I watched were interesting..

You dislike him on account of his anthropology/ethnology or on account of his politics?

no man, i'm not really familiar with his work except that he claims illyrians were slavic or something

Dna8
12-29-2018, 07:08 AM
no man, i'm not really familiar with his work except that he claims illyrians were slavic or something

Yeah pretty much, he uses the idea that Illyrians/Thracians/Dacians were the intermediaries between the Vinca/Lepenski Vir Cultures and ProtoSlavs.. and that Slavs spread out from the Balkans..

He employs various arguments to attest to that central idea..

For instance, he muses upon the anomaly as to why pretty much no Illyrian/Thracian/Dacian words have survived into the present day in the Balkans - his answer to this is that that is because those paleolanguages were in fact proto Slavic..

He also wonders how it is possible so few Slavs could establish their language so utterly through the Balkans..

Things like that

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
12-29-2018, 07:10 AM
Yeah pretty much, he uses the idea that Illyrians/Thracians/Dacians were the intermediaries between the Vinca/Lepenski Vir Cultures and ProtoSlavs.. and that Slavs spread out from the Balkans..

He employs various arguments to attest to that central idea..

For instance, he muses upon the anomaly as to why pretty much no Illyrian/Thracian/Dacian words have survived into the present day in the Balkans - his answer to this is that that is because those paleolanguages were in fact proto Slavic..

He also wonders how it is possible so few Slavs could establish their language so utterly through the Balkans..

Things like that

it's bs if you ask me. slavic impact in balkans was pretty damn huge, even albanians and greeks have slavic admixture not to mention how relevant it is among south slavs

Dna8
12-29-2018, 07:20 AM
it's bs if you ask me. slavic impact in balkans was pretty damn huge, even albanians and greeks have slavic admixture not to mention how relevant it is among south slavs

I'm not saying he is right.. but what you referenced is pretty much his point..

He utilizes the principle of Occam's Razor to explain why Slavs so successfully made the Balkans their sphere of influence..

Given the two possible explanations for the occurrence of Slavic hegemony in the Balkans - A) Slavs came to the Balkans from elsewhere (say, the Ukrainian Marshes) or B)Slavs were native to the Balkans..

Since option B requires less speculation, so Saric argues, it is likely correct..

Anyway, one thing I do like about Saric is his obvious affection for Bosniaks, Croatians and Serbs

Davy Jones's Locker
01-04-2019, 07:11 PM
Alpine, Dinaric and Mediterranean types seem frequent.