PDA

View Full Version : Do most Ashkenazim in Israel abandon their Yiddish and Slavicized surnames?

Sikeliot
12-29-2018, 11:23 PM
Do most Ashkenazi descendants in Israel change their surname to something from Hebrew, and abandon names like Goldberg, Rosenberg, etc.?

Haider
12-29-2018, 11:54 PM
Yes. A prime example is Netayahoo whose real surname is Mileikowsky. It's nothing more than a political move to appear more native, too bad they can't change their Khazar looks.

Sikeliot
12-30-2018, 12:05 AM
Yes. A prime example is Netayahoo whose real surname is Mileikowsky. It's nothing more than a political move to appear more native, too bad they can't change their Khazar looks.

Ashkenazim look like Sicilians and Calabrians pretty much. A mixture of Italic, Greek, and Levantine.

Tauromachos
12-30-2018, 12:08 AM
edit

Peterski
12-30-2018, 12:09 AM
A mixture of Italic, Greek, and Levantine.

They do have Northern European admixture too, though.

Tauromachos
12-30-2018, 12:10 AM
edit

Richmondbread
12-30-2018, 12:17 AM
They are mostly fake Jews. Russian coverts.

Haider
12-30-2018, 12:26 AM
Ashkenazim look like Sicilians and Calabrians pretty much. A mixture of Italic, Greek, and Levantine.

They also have Slavic genes and it shows the most.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMzQ5ODE1OTE5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMDQwMjExNw@@._ V1_.jpg

https://www.kingofreads.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/1-560x600.png

StonyArabia
12-30-2018, 12:34 AM

Ashkenazim are not Khazars. All the evidence are slim to show a Khazar origin for them. Also the majority of Israelis are actually Mizrahim

Sikeliot
12-30-2018, 12:34 AM
They also have Slavic genes and it shows the most.

Most Ashkenazim do not look like that, but more like these:

https://scontent.fnyc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48266684_1988531821182580_5121742693684215808_n.jp g?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fnyc1-1.fna&oh=827b166ee920b32c9810cb46c82b7c29&oe=5C8AFD1D

Tauromachos
12-30-2018, 12:40 AM
https://i.imgur.com/p4v0Llu.jpg

StonyArabia
12-30-2018, 12:44 AM

https://scontent.fnyc1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/48266684_1988531821182580_5121742693684215808_n.jp g?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent.fnyc1-1.fna&oh=827b166ee920b32c9810cb46c82b7c29&oe=5C8AFD1D
N
Ashkenazim are genetically Middle Easterners who mixed with Europeans nothing more and nothing less. Many Ashkenazis can show Near Eastern features. The Khazar theory does not have much evidence, also it's most likely the Khazars converted to Christianity when they merged into alliance with the Maygars. Some groups like the Cossack claim Khazar ancestry which is most likely in their case, and less so with the Ashkenazim. Sephardic and Ashkenazim Jews cluster together anyways.

Sikeliot
12-30-2018, 12:49 AM
N
Ashkenazim are genetically Middle Easterners who mixed with Europeans nothing more and nothing less. Many Ashkenazis can show Near Eastern features. The Khazar theory does not have much evidence, also it's most likely the Khazars converted to Christianity when they merged into alliance with the Maygars. Some groups like the Cossack claim Khazar ancestry which is most likely in their case, and less so with the Ashkenazim. Sephardic and Ashkenazim Jews cluster together anyways.

The women above are from my recent Sicilian thread but they do look like most Ashkenazi women I have seen.

Tauromachos
12-30-2018, 12:51 AM
The women above are from my recent Sicilian thread but they do look like most Ashkenazi women I have seen.
http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/persons/1722/1722_v9_ba.jpg
http://www.gstatic.com/tv/thumb/persons/81906/81906_v9_ba.jpg
https://www.biography.com/.image/ar_1:1%2Cc_fill%2Ccs_srgb%2Cg_face%2Cq_auto:good%2 Cw_300/MTIwNjA4NjM0MDQ4MDU0Nzk2/annie-leibovitz-9542372-1-402.jpg

StonyArabia
12-30-2018, 12:52 AM

Well Ashkenazim are Levantine males who mixed with Greco-Roman woman. Not to mention that the Roman empire was 10% Jewish at the time by conversion and migration.

Tauromachos
12-30-2018, 12:54 AM
Well Ashkenazim are Levantine males who mixed with Greco-Roman woman. Not to mention that the Roman empire was 10% Jewish at the time by conversion and migration.

Doesn't make sense

Jewish heritage is transmitted via the maternal line

StonyArabia
12-30-2018, 12:56 AM
Doesn't make sense

Jewish heritage is transmitted via the maternal line

No that's a recent development. The only ones who have kept paternal descent are the Karaites

Tauromachos
12-30-2018, 12:57 AM
No that's a recent development. The only ones who have kept paternal descent are the Karaites

Never heard of them

What are they?

Mountain Jews?

StonyArabia
12-30-2018, 01:03 AM
Never heard of them

What are they?

Mountain Jews?

The Karaites are Jewish sect that probably originated in Iraq, it rejects rabbinical Judaism and thus does not believe in the Talmud, today their only found in Egypt and the Crimean area of Ukraine.
"
No Mountain Jews are Mizrahi Jews who are part of the larger Persian Jewish group, mostly found in the Caucasus, but with strong minority in Azerbaijan but can be found in Karbadino-Balkaria. They are rabbinical Jews. They speak Judeo-Tati which is a Jewish Persian dialect.

FinalFlash
12-30-2018, 01:29 AM

Personally, I don't buy the Levantine origins of Jews. I think their roots lie in Babylon.

Joso
12-30-2018, 01:30 AM

I've saw a 100% Ashkenazi Jew and he was east med in phenotype. I think pure Ashkenazis looks like the Caucasus people, so maybe that theory that Ashkenazi are Caucasus converts makes sense

Tauromachos
12-30-2018, 01:32 AM
Personally, I don't buy the Levantine origins of Jews. I think their roots lie in Babylon.

The tribes of Israel were the sons of Jacob(Israel) who was son of Isaac who was son of Abraham

Abraham was from Chaldea(Mesopotamia)

StonyArabia
12-30-2018, 01:34 AM

They do trace their origin to Babylon/Ur, since their ancestor as claimed in the bible was Mesopotamian from that area through their ancestor Abraham as the bible shows. However the Babylonians did not like them and enslaved them, until the Persians freed them.

Tauromachos
12-30-2018, 01:35 AM
They do trace their origin to Babylon/Ur, since their ancestor as claimed in the bible was Mesopotamian from that area through their ancestor Abraham as the bible shows. However the Babylonians did not like them and enslaved them, until the Persians freed them.

Philistines and Canaanites didn't like them neither

Richmondbread
12-30-2018, 01:37 AM
I look the opposite of Jew.

Tauromachos
12-30-2018, 01:39 AM
I look the opposite of Jew.

What do you look like?

StonyArabia
12-30-2018, 01:40 AM
Philistines and Canaanites didn't like them neither

Well they did genocide the Canaanites, and the Philistines, only few remind. It did not help they thought they were superior to the groups nearby them as "Chosen by God". Chosen by God meant they were to be role models to the pagan nation, but instead they took it in racial/tribal meaning, hence the people around them did not really like them. Assyrians invade Israel, and totally assimilate the 10 tribes of Israel, so called lost tribes, well the two remaining tribes in Judea were enslaved by the Babylonians until Persian freed them. In the Christian tradition Israel is no more chosen by God, as the church replaces it, but this was changed due to strong Zionist influence upon Christianity especially Protestant Christianity.

Tauromachos
12-30-2018, 01:43 AM
Well they did genocide the Canaanites, and the Philistines, only few remind.

And people here claim all ancient invadors were IE from the Steppes :lol:

It did not help they thought they were superior to the groups nearby them as "Chosen by God". Chosen by God meant they were to be role models to the pagan nation, but instead they took it in racial/tribal meaning, hence the people around them did not really like them. Assyrians invade Israel, and totally assimilate the 10 tribes of Israel, so called lost tribes, well the two remaining tribes in Judea were enslaved by the Babylonians until Persian freed them.

Exactly

In the Christian tradition Israel is no more chosen by God, as the church replaces it, but this was changed due to strong Zionist influence upon Christianity especially Protestant Christianity.

In orthodox Christianity its still held this way

Haider
12-30-2018, 01:58 AM

No. Askhenazis were never associated with dark features, even in Europe they were stereotypied as having a lot of redheads. Colouring-wise they are straight up Central/Eastern European, Poles and Russians were never able to distinguish them from other Russians/Poles. Even race-obsessed Nazis couldn't recognize them by look and forced them to wear yellow badges because phenotypically they didn't stand out.

Sikeliot
12-30-2018, 02:05 AM
Well they did genocide the Canaanites, and the Philistines, only few remind. It did not help they thought they were superior to the groups nearby them as "Chosen by God". Chosen by God meant they were to be role models to the pagan nation, but instead they took it in racial/tribal meaning, hence the people around them did not really like them. Assyrians invade Israel, and totally assimilate the 10 tribes of Israel, so called lost tribes, well the two remaining tribes in Judea were enslaved by the Babylonians until Persian freed them. In the Christian tradition Israel is no more chosen by God, as the church replaces it, but this was changed due to strong Zionist influence upon Christianity especially Protestant Christianity.

Jews are Canaanites, their closest relatives were Phoenicians/the Lebanese.

Their origins in Mesopotamia are a myth. If Ashkenazim are Mesopotamian it means they descend from a diasporic group of Mesopotamian Jews, not that Jews in general came from there.

Tauromachos
12-30-2018, 02:13 AM
Jews are Canaanites, their closest relatives were Phoenicians/the Lebanese.

If they are then they are not real Jews(Israelites)

Smeagol
12-30-2018, 02:16 AM
Ashkenazi Jews are like Sicilians and Calabrians genetically, there's really no mystery to it.

Sikeliot
12-30-2018, 02:40 AM
Ashkenazi Jews are like Sicilians and Calabrians genetically, there's really no mystery to it.

I don't know why people still insist they are Khazars or Slavic converts when it is clear they are Levantines mixed with various degrees of Mediterranean European .. which places them in southern Italy pretty much.

Smeagol
12-30-2018, 02:43 AM
I don't know why people still insist they are Khazars or Slavic converts when it is clear they are Levantines mixed with various degrees of Mediterranean European .. which places them in southern Italy pretty much.

Like South Italians they also have around 10 - 15% North Euro though.

Sikeliot
12-30-2018, 02:45 AM
Like South Italians they also have around 10 - 15% North Euro though.

Not sure where specifically it comes from in Ashkenazim but in southern Italians that probably is the extent of their Indo European ancestry from Italics, Doric Greeks, etc.

Tauromachos
12-30-2018, 02:46 AM

Still the fact they seem like Sicilians or Calabrians doesn't prove they couldn't have some Khazar admixture

Do we know afterall what Khazars were like genetically?

They might have had high Caucasus ancestry

And we know Caucasus ancestry in Sicilians,Calabrians as in some Greeks(Dodecanese) is significant

Smeagol
12-30-2018, 02:47 AM
Not sure where specifically it comes from in Ashkenazim but in southern Italians that probably is the extent of their Indo European ancestry from Italics, Doric Greeks, etc.

Ashkenazis might have got it from North Italians.

Sikeliot
12-30-2018, 02:53 AM
Ashkenazis might have got it from North Italians.

The important thing to remember is that Canaanites (of which Israelites were a subset) were very closely related to Arabians.

Smeagol
12-30-2018, 02:55 AM
The important thing to remember is that Canaanites (of which Israelites were a subset) were very closely related to Arabians.

I thought they were closest to Lebanese.

Tauromachos
12-30-2018, 02:55 AM

A modern Ashkenazi is genetically far off from a Peninsular Arabian

Sikeliot
12-30-2018, 02:57 AM
I thought they were closest to Lebanese.

Levantines overall are closely related to Arabians. Many consider Canaanites (of which Jews, Lebanese, etc. descend) to be like a sister group to Arabs.

Smeagol
12-30-2018, 03:00 AM
Levantines overall are closely related to Arabians. Many consider Canaanites (of which Jews, Lebanese, etc. descend) to be like a sister group to Arabs.

To pure Saudi Arabs probably, although countries like Yemen and Oman seem to be very mixed as a whole.

Sikeliot
12-30-2018, 03:01 AM
To pure Saudi Arabs probably, although countries like Yemen and Oman seem to be very mixed as a whole.

Yemen and Oman, like Egypt, are mixed with East African DNA.

Tauromachos
12-30-2018, 03:45 AM
Yemen and Oman, like Egypt, are mixed with East African DNA.

Black Russians?

ModernMaskil
12-30-2018, 04:26 AM
No. Askhenazis were never associated with dark features, even in Europe they were stereotypied as having a lot of redheads. Colouring-wise they are straight up Central/Eastern European, Poles and Russians were never able to distinguish them from other Russians/Poles. Even race-obsessed Nazis couldn't recognize them by look and forced them to wear yellow badges because phenotypically they didn't stand out.

I swear you're a troll, lmao. Yes, they were they were called Palestinians and Non-Europeans and stereotypes were created about their middle eastern features. 90% of Ashkenazis could never pass in Russia, Poland and North Germany in a million years. You're right about being associated with red hair, but so was King fucking David. Samaritans have a high percentage of red hair. Color wise we are between Central and Southern Europeans that is correct too, but an Ashkenazi can come out pale with freckles or swarthy as fuck so it's a toss up.

ModernMaskil
12-30-2018, 04:47 AM
To answer your question since everyone has to discuss the origins and make up of Ashkenazis everytime they come up (hint: they're pretty clear cut), the answer is yes and no. I would say about half, since for every person I meet with a European name I also meet one who's clearly Ashkenazi and has a name like Reuven or Levanon. Then again, I may be off since contrary to popular belief on TA it's not always easy to tell apart Ashkenazis and Sephardis and Mizrahis unless they very light or very dark and you don't just ask every person their background for no reason.

Odin
05-25-2019, 01:31 PM
Nope.