PDA

View Full Version : My mtDna is Polish?

Dick
01-01-2019, 04:59 AM
I did the Full sequence coding region MtDna test at Ftdna and my closest matches are Poles. The surnames are Pisarek, Jankiewicz, Zwara(ancestral surnames Barbar, Budyńska, Betlejewska, Baltaziuk, Sujecka, Tocha, Zwarach) and one undisclosed surname except for the maternal ancestor was born in Lomza, Poland.

Daco Celtic
01-01-2019, 05:06 AM
Pretty cool. Would this suggest that you have a strong north Slavic/Baltic influence? Are you full Serbian or mixed?

Dick
01-01-2019, 05:16 AM
Pretty cool. Would this suggest that you have a strong north Slavic/Baltic influence? Are you full Serbian or mixed?

Well yeah but I thought only Slavic men invaded the Balkans from Poland. Seems as thought they brought women with them as well or I'm a rare case so far.

Daco Celtic
01-01-2019, 05:24 AM
Well yeah but I thought only Slavic men invaded the Balkans from Poland. Seems as thought they brought women with them as well or I'm a rare case so far.

Interesting. An unusual amount of North Slavic input for the Balkans I guess. I notice you're about as north shifted as I am and I'm half Irish but Romanians seem to have a lot of Med influence (at least in my case).

StonyArabia
01-01-2019, 05:38 AM

If it’s a tribal movement they will bring women with them it’s not strange at all, only in the initial conquest it would be men.

Grace O'Malley
01-01-2019, 05:50 AM
Are your matches only Polish? I've done the FMS as well. I have an exact match in Ireland (from Wexford) but 1 step matches in Norway (1), Sweden (2), the Russian Federation (1), France (2) and England (3). In brackets are the numbers of matches. The longer you go the more matches you will get. It would be interesting if I ever get an exact match outside of Ireland.

Dick
01-01-2019, 05:58 AM
Are your matches only Polish? I've done the FMS as well. I have an exact match in Ireland (from Wexford) but 1 step matches in Norway (1), Sweden (2), the Russian Federation (1), France (2) and England (3). In brackets are the numbers of matches. The longer you go the more matches you will get. It would be interesting if I ever get an exact match outside of Ireland.

Actually not only Polish. I also see 3 Czechs on my matches map(Menchikova, Herchek and Jisa) but they don't show up on my filter matches. It's obviously a West Slavic MtDna.

Grace O'Malley
01-01-2019, 06:14 AM
Actually not only Polish. I also see 3 Czechs on my matches map(Menchikova, Herchek and Jisa) but they don't show up on my filter matches. It's obviously a West Slavic MtDna.

Do you have an exact matches yet?

Lucas
01-01-2019, 10:22 AM
Maybe not only ancient. Any connection to those areas?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poles_in_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina

The farmers were settled in the flatlands of Bosanska Krajina and Posavina, mostly in the vicinity of Prnjavor, Derventa, Bosanska Gradiška, Banja Luka, Bosanski Novi and Prijedor. In the areas surrounding Prnjavor and Bosanska Gradiška, there existed villages inhabited solely by Poles; Poles otherwise lived in villages with Bosnian Serbs or, less commonly, in villages with Bosnian Croat majority.[2] The two largest Polish colonies in Bosnia and Herzegovina, Rakovac (Polish: Rakowiec) and Novi Martinac (Nowy Martyniec) near Prnjavor, were formed between 1899 and 1901

Dick
01-02-2019, 04:23 AM
Do you have an exact matches yet?

I actually don't! Only two step matches and they are Polish so I'm assuming it's not recent but dating back to the early Middle Ages when the Slavs trekked southward to the Balkans.

Maybe not only ancient. Any connection to those areas?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poles_in_Bosnia_and_Herzegovina

I never knew this but no connection. See my reply above. It's obviously not recent.