PDA

View Full Version : North Pontids and West Baltids

Nucerian
01-06-2019, 01:12 AM
Not sure whether it is a correct place to ask, but
Do these phenotypes actually exist? Coon, for example, never mentioned them.
Also, assuming we have two bald guys without brows, one is E.Nordid and the other is N.Pontid, how to distinguish one from the other? What are the main differences between these two apart from hair pigmentation.

Zroota
01-06-2019, 02:13 AM
From what I heard North Pontid doesn't really exist, I think. But people use it either way in the anthroflora, including myself.

Columella
01-06-2019, 09:06 AM
North Pontic is used by Soviet anthro (Bunak) and it was used as the name of a grouping of Russian sub-types with mixed or intermediate pigmentation and Meso to Brachycefalic mean (Ryazan-Pensa,Central Eastern, Polesian and Lower Oka).
Between Meso and Leptoprospic on Internet it has become (for some reason?) an extremely leptoprospic type (extremely longfaced), and this is an Internet invention that has become popular especially on amateur pages.

West Baltid: I don’t know of any anthropologist who used it so it is likely an Internet invention.

Valwar
01-06-2019, 12:23 PM
North Pontic is used by Soviet anthro (Bunak) and it was used as the name of a grouping of Russian sub-types with mixed or intermediate pigmentation and Meso to Brachycefalic mean (Ryazan-Pensa,Central Eastern, Polesian and Lower Oka).
Between Meso and Leptoprospic on Internet it has become (for some reason?) an extremely leptoprospic type (extremely longfaced), and this is an Internet invention that has become popular especially on amateur pages.

West Baltid: I don’t know of any anthropologist who used it so it is likely an Internet invention.

"West Baltid" probably refers to Bertil Lundman's "Tavastid". He called it (paraphrasing) "a western [form of the East Baltid Race]". But I don't think he ever referred to it by that name.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
01-06-2019, 12:30 PM
both fantasy types

1)Alpine,Dinaric,Mediterranean,Baltic and Nordic should be enough to identify most Europeans.

^^^^

Veslan
01-06-2019, 01:47 PM
North Pontids fit in Coon's "Blue-Eyed Atlanto-Mediterranean" or even "Exotic Nordic" categories.
West Baltid, on the other hand, doesn't exist and is just Borreby or simply Baltic/East Baltic.

Nucerian
01-06-2019, 04:52 PM
So what people describe as West Baltid is Faelid with Baltid and North Pontid is an East Nordid with Pontid admixture or intermediate?

Morticia
01-06-2019, 04:53 PM
So what people describe as West Baltid is Faelid with Baltid and North Pontid is an East Nordid with Pontid admixture or intermediate?

This

Batavia
01-06-2019, 04:56 PM
North Pontids fit in Coon's "Blue-Eyed Atlanto-Mediterranean" or even "Exotic Nordic" categories.
West Baltid, on the other hand, doesn't exist and is just Borreby or simply Baltic/East Baltic.

Westbaltid is not just Borreby, ist connected to Baltids and East-Baltids.

Batavia
01-06-2019, 04:57 PM
I thought "North-Pontid" is a Nordid-Pontid mix...

Dacul
01-06-2019, 04:58 PM
North Pontid - Pontid mixture with either Hallstat Nordid or East Nordid or Scando Nordid.
Is found in Romania, but not often and more often in Ukraine and Russia.
Also in Poland and Belarus.
It appeared when local Pontid people mixed with Germanics - either with East Germanic speakers or with Swedish Vikings - as it happened in Ukraine and Russia.
No idea about West Baltid.
Is quite different from North Atlantid, first because jaws are not wide, neither so strong and second, because face is not that fleshy.

Universe
01-06-2019, 05:02 PM
A good example of North Pontid:
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/image.php?u=20566&dateline=1546797463