PDA

View Full Version : The most boring ethnicity in Europe?

The Ripper
05-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Could it perhaps be one of the Scandinavian stone-face-folks? Perhaps the English and their once stiff social norms? Or perhaps the unadventurous and conservative to the point of death-by-routine Schwyzerdütsch?

Peyrol
05-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Italians of San Marino are the most boring, arrogant and snobbish people in Europe.

Wulfhere
05-13-2011, 11:20 AM
The English. Nothing they do is in any way alien or unusual.

The Ripper
05-13-2011, 11:22 AM
The English. Nothing they do is in any way alien or unusual.

So founding a paedo-cult would be more of a Mercian thing, then?

Wulfhere
05-13-2011, 11:24 AM
So founding a paedo-cult would be more of a Mercian thing, then?

It's Muslims who do that.

Sikeliot
05-13-2011, 11:27 AM
Scandinavians.

The Ripper
05-13-2011, 11:28 AM
Scandinavians.

Strictly speaking, not an ethnicity.

Motörhead Remember Me
05-13-2011, 11:44 AM
We Finns are quite fucking utterly boring.

Falkata
05-13-2011, 11:46 AM
english boring people? Maybe you´ve never seen on holidays, clubs or football matches :eek:

Murphy
05-13-2011, 11:46 AM
The great thing about being a Celt is that we are so not boring :D! Every day there's something new. One day you're sitting at the bar having a round with Micky and the next moment yer both bleeding in the gutter.

Wulfhere
05-13-2011, 11:48 AM
english boring people? Maybe you´ve never seen on holidays, clubs or football matches :eek:

I was being ironic.

Peasant
05-13-2011, 11:53 AM
The English are a bunch of boring reality tv watching pissheads.

Wulfhere
05-13-2011, 11:54 AM

Not all of us watch reality TV.

Peasant
05-13-2011, 11:55 AM
I was being ironic.

Talvi
05-13-2011, 01:08 PM
I think Estonian past times can be pretty boring for foreigners. Whenever a friend has a foreigner visiting and they decide to have a party/gathering, it takes a while for the foreigner to stop looking bored. :/

Wyn
05-13-2011, 01:14 PM
Perhaps the English and their once stiff social norms?

That was never the case outside of upper-middle-class Victorian London. ;)

Anyway, nothing strikes me as being particularly interesting about say...Slovenians, Latvians, Estonians. Most of the -ians, really. They strike me as a boring lot all-round.

Aye, those. The -ians with the obvious exception of the Italians and Russians.

Fortis in Arduis
05-13-2011, 01:30 PM
I am guessing, but a true Belgian believer would probably be quite boring, as would any person whose ethnicity is not really an ethnicity at all, but a political construct or something equally as flimsy.

Ethnicities are fascinating in themselves, the further removed from ethnic identity a people become, the more boring they have the potential to be.

Remember those 70s Maoist atheist citizen of the world types? How boring were they?

"when you die, that's it", "we are all equal", etc.

That is the definition of boring; no identity.

Comte Arnau
05-13-2011, 01:41 PM
From what I've heard, Luxembourguese.

Peyrol
05-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Dalmatians.

...oops, they're extinct.

The Ripper
05-13-2011, 01:45 PM
I am guessing, but a true Belgian believer would probably be quite boring, as would any person whose ethnicity is not really an ethnicity at all, but a political construct or something equally as flimsy.

Ethnicities are fascinating in themselves, the further removed from ethnic identity a people become, the more boring they have the potential to be.

Remember those 70s Maoist atheist citizen of the world types? How boring were they?

"when you die, that's it", "we are all equal", etc.

That is the definition of boring; no identity.

I must agree. This makes Swedes a prime candidate. They are probably the most brainwashed, ethnomasochistic nation in Europe. Add to this their bureaucratic bent and habit to follow rules to the letter and you have a potentially extremely boring people.

But then there is this.

YZEbBZ2IrXE

Falkata
05-13-2011, 02:06 PM
edit

Eldritch
05-13-2011, 02:53 PM
But then there is this.

Or this, the very definition of "epic", complete wit slo-mo repeats:

YnRRGW6z3UQ

Lisa
05-13-2011, 02:59 PM

Arne
05-13-2011, 03:04 PM
Germans ...

Nurzat
05-13-2011, 03:26 PM
far better boring than to have the noisy stressing environment of a big city

Smaland
05-13-2011, 05:27 PM
That was never the case outside of upper-middle-class Victorian London. ;)

Anyway, nothing strikes me as being particularly interesting about say...Slovenians, Latvians, Estonians. Most of the -ians, really. They strike me as a boring lot all-round.

Inese was never boring. :D

Black Sun Dimension
05-13-2011, 06:34 PM
I think the Poles are meh.

Aramis
05-13-2011, 06:48 PM
We got kewl wars every once in a while, so we're out.

I'll have to go with Latvians.

What about Martians?

Jack B
05-13-2011, 06:52 PM
The really old school rural Irish would probably bore most people to tears if it weren't for the odd bit of alcohol induced excitement.

W. R.
05-13-2011, 07:38 PM
Estonians. Although trolls would disagree. :D

Peerkons
05-13-2011, 08:01 PM
Latvians.
Nothing happens here except for budget cut and weekly hardcore drinking in friday.
Estonians are n00rd1c $c@nd0 c0cksUck3r$ and Lithuanians aka Horseheads are biggest criminals.

Foxy
05-13-2011, 08:17 PM
Belarusians. They are so boring that it's the only country of Europe that I am not able to place on a map.

Aviane
05-13-2011, 10:58 PM
The great thing about being a Celt is that we are so not boring :D! Every day there's something new. One day you're sitting at the bar having a round with Micky and the next moment yer both bleeding in the gutter.

It's one of the reasons why I feel so almost very related to British Celts, I mean they make me feel always at home.

The Journeyman
05-13-2011, 11:41 PM
Any predominantly Protestant country tends to be boring. Catholics tend to ge have more fun.

Laubach
05-13-2011, 11:52 PM
Portuguese!!!!

Lahtari
05-14-2011, 12:04 AM
But then there is this.
Or this, the very definition of "epic", complete wit slo-mo repeats:

Rednecks are never boring.

Marino
05-14-2011, 11:11 AM
The German speaking Swiss, definitely.

Ivanushka-supertzar
05-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Judging from personal experience - Norwegians. They too much satisfied with their lives so they just enjoying themselves all day long. Booooooooring!

Ouistreham
05-14-2011, 11:25 AM
Certainly Central-Eastern France.

Having fun in Lyons, Nancy, Clermont-Ferrand, Orléans, Dijon etc. is an oxymoron or pure irony.

Libertas
05-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Any predominantly Protestant country tends to be boring. Catholics tend to ge have more fun.

Certainly Scots Protestants are astonishingly boring though their middle class has excelled in science and invention for generations.
Scots Protestants only show extroversion when drunk and fighting over football.
Wit and flair is more common among Scots of Irish Catholic origin.

With a new SNP majority government Scotland may end up with the most brain-dead TV on this planet.

Äike
05-14-2011, 03:11 PM
Could it perhaps be one of the Scandinavian stone-face-folks?

Interesting term, I know that the Estonian soldiers in Afghanistan are referred to as "'stones", because they are so "cold".

My personal opinion is that the Finns are the most boring, as they're the most similar to us. If I ever thought about moving abroad, I wouldn't want to move to Finland, as it's like living in a richer Estonia. I would pick a more culturally "foreign" country.

Although, I have to point out that I have been in Finland more times than in any other country, because of the geographical closeness.

Boringness is subjective, I may find the Finns boring, because they are like us and there's nothing exotic about them, but a Spaniard will definitely find the Finns to be exotic and vice-versa.

I think Russian too . This is the northern mentality :)

Russians are usually thought of as the stereotypical Eastern-Europeans. I live in a city that is 50% Eastern-European(mostly Russian) and 50% Northern/Estonian, thus I can point out that the Russian people, their mentality and their values are extremely foreign to us.

mymy
05-14-2011, 03:37 PM
I think Russian too . This is the northern mentality :)

Russians are far from boring. If you want stress in your life, then date Russian :thumb001:

Ivanushka-supertzar
05-14-2011, 05:44 PM
I live in a city that is 50% Eastern-European(mostly Russian) and 50% Northern/Estonian, thus I can point out that the Russian people, their mentality and their values are extremely foreign to us.

I think you should make a tattoo with this written on your forehead, in case if someone still dares to think (what a fool!) that Estonians and Russians are somehow similar.

Aces High
05-14-2011, 06:03 PM
I met a bunch of Swedes from the Aaland islands....once in Greece and there must have been about fifty of them,young male and female and on the whole good looking healthy people.....but the most boring bunch of saps i have ever come across.
They were there as a bunch to celebrate or commemorate one of their friends who had hung himself the year before in this Greek resort.....weird fuckers.

The wildest people i have ever come across are Sardinains...i was invited to a Sardinian wedding once and it lasted five days....and everybody was going at full pelt all the time and the longer it went on the more people,food and alcohol arrived......:cheers:....aiooooooooooooooo.

Äike
05-14-2011, 06:17 PM
I think you should make a tattoo with this written on your forehead, in case if someone still dares to think (what a fool!) that Estonians and Russians are somehow similar.

If I would criticize the Russians like that in public, then you would see me in a hospital with a dozen stabbing wounds, not behind a computer.

...and by the way, tattoos are more of a Russian thing here, as they have a noticeable concentration of wiggers/wannabe niggers.

Bard
05-14-2011, 06:21 PM
I met a bunch of Swedes from the Aaland islands....once in Greece and there must have been about fifty of them,young male and female and on the whole good looking healthy people.....but the most boring bunch of saps i have ever come across.
They were there as a bunch to celebrate or commemorate one of their friends who had hung himself the year before in this Greek resort.....weird fuckers.

The wildest people i have ever come across are Sardinains...i was invited to a Sardinian wedding once and it lasted five days....and everybody was going at full pelt all the time and the longer it went on the more people,food and alcohol arrived......:cheers:....aiooooooooooooooo.

Ahah. Sardinians are quite warm people and party lovers just like all the southerners. The north of Italy is generally considered pretty boring by the southern italians, they see us just like a poor version of north europe.

I would vote for the swedes by the way, I've heard they are terribly law abiding and generally strict.

Yoyo
05-15-2011, 10:39 AM
We Finns are quite fucking utterly boring.

do finnish people exist?

Kosovo je Sjrbia
05-22-2011, 01:11 AM
Norwegians are very boring. No much night life even during summer.

Albion
05-22-2011, 10:12 AM
Could it perhaps be one of the Scandinavian stone-face-folks? Perhaps the English and their once stiff social norms? Or perhaps the unadventurous and conservative to the point of death-by-routine Schwyzerdütsch?

Hahahaha - you idiot, everyone knows it's the Finns - everyone thinks you're nation is boring, at least the English have quirkiness.

Finns
Belgians
Belarussians (well, more the country than the people)
Irish (yes, if you aren't drawn to Gaelic culture then its a wetter version of Britain with less to do)

Libertas
10-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Hahahaha - you idiot, everyone knows it's the Finns - everyone thinks you're nation is boring, at least the English have quirkiness.

Finns
Belgians
Belarussians (well, more the country than the people)
Irish (yes, if you aren't drawn to Gaelic culture then its a wetter version of Britain with less to do)

You're right about the Irish.
It's all Guinness and girning about an imaginary Irish past, usually about the Potato Famine of the 1840s or the IRA.

The Alchemist
10-26-2011, 09:49 AM
Albanians!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

safinator
10-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Swiss and Iberians

Absinthe
10-26-2011, 10:14 AM
Swedes, boring? :eek:

Most of the ones I know are among the most adventurous people I've met, in their early 30s they have already backpacked the whole world, been to exotic places such as Nepal, India, Burma, etc...

Imagine the average Greek around my age (30+) has either never gone out of the country (there are many such cases) or at most, travelled to the most cliché destinations imaginable: Rome, London, Paris, Prague-Wien-Budapest.

In one of my previous jobs when they heard I was travelling to Sweden, Finland, Latvia, Estonia, etc.... all of them had extreme reactions.... either of awe and admiration or looking at me like I was going for an expedition in Antarctica.... :D

I cannot believe some Greeks think that Sweden is like the North Pole or something and that you can die from the cold while walking outside etc.... :D
Now that is boring! :eek:

I see some people also vote for Finns in this thread, and again, I must say:
Finns...boring? :D

Boy you really need to find yourselves in the company of Finns for a weekend and then tell me who's boring :D :p

From my own personal experience, the single, otherwise spectacular, place, where I have found the people to be UTTERLY BORING, would have to be....

Switzerland.

Boudica
10-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Wow there's now a "The most boring ethnicity in Europe", "The ugliest ethnicity in Europe", and "The dumbest ethnicity in Europe".. So much loving :D

The Alchemist
10-26-2011, 10:17 AM
The less boring are Spaniards and Basques, they just think about parties and fun, almost their whole life is "movida"....They're perfect friends to go out and party :thumb001:

The Alchemist
10-26-2011, 10:18 AM
Wow there's now a "The most boring ethnicity in Europe", "The ugliest ethnicity in Europe", and "The dumbest ethnicity in Europe".. So much loving :D

So we won't get bored with it :D :D

oyster
10-26-2011, 10:22 AM
I am a boring person if you think not loving to party is boring and I don't bother. I love the Mediterranean region for holidays but I couldn't live in an environment where everybody knows or wants to know and to speak and to shake hands with or kiss on the cheeks everybody.

Although I admit it gets lonely and boring without friends and everything, but still I am not suitable for nightlife and such. So if meeting people like me is not boring for me, then I wouldn't call boring the ones you call so. That's a tricky situation so I don't know who to mention as most boring nation :D

Osweo
10-26-2011, 10:33 AM
Most of the ones I know are among the most adventurous people I've met, in their early 30s they have already backpacked the whole world, been to exotic places such as Nepal, India, Burma, etc

God, I hate people like that. ;) I've seen plenty of them chatting, only it's not 'chat', but a kind of competitive sport, where 'exotic' destinations are spouted at each other in an attempt to outdo the opponent by having a longer list of ticked countries. :yawn:

Most of them have only been to their own regional town and London, if they're English, and know fuck all about their own country. :cool:

Riki
10-26-2011, 10:36 AM
Portuguese!!!!

Its a myth that you guy`s have in Brazil that we are sad and boring.

You guy`s tend to relate Fado music with our personality.
Every different kind of music as a different effect in the brain,to as if listening to Fado It will make us feel sad and nostalgic,It evokes the Millions of Portuguese that died in the sea and in the battles,love, losing someone,etc.
Its our way of keep them alive.
But we are far from being boring.
Saying that we are boring shows that you know nothing about us and our culture.

Osweo
10-26-2011, 10:39 AM
...and by the way, tattoos are more of a Russian thing here, as they have a noticeable concentration of wiggers/wannabe niggers.

Tattoos, dreadful as they are, have a long history in Russia, primarily associated with the prison subculture. The motifs are rather fascinating, including an emphasis on Orthodox imagery and even political aspects.

That said, I'm sure a good fraction of nordic Estonian girls now have some vulgar drawings on their lower backs or ankles... :puke:

Leliana
10-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Greeks must be very bored: They always come in our news for being on mass protest or general strike, for corruption and black labour, for setting streets and people on fire, for being ungrateful and for other activities except working! :D And if you face them with their problems they use the ancient world and old Greece as excuse.

They Greek finance minister is a fat bag!

I'm bored by the news from that country.

Burgomaster
10-26-2011, 12:38 PM
The Swiss. Nice people, but very boring.

It's as much fun being around 80 year old English people as it is with Swiss teenagers.

Hevneren
10-26-2011, 12:46 PM

Talking shit about each other is an age old tradition in Europe. :D

Absinthe
10-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Greeks must be very bored:

Don't you mean boring?

They always come in our news for being on mass protest or general strike, for corruption and black labour, for setting streets and people on fire, for being ungrateful and for other activities except working! :D

In the Greek news the Germans are always portrayed as greedy, cold hearted monsters, Nazis who try to turn the whole of Europe into one huge labour camp, all Europeans working like slaves for the benefit of Germany.

You do realize there is propaganda in the news, both ways, don't you dear? :)

Try living in Greece for a month or two and then we can talk again about whether it is possible to live under such rapidly changing towards the worse, conditions.

"Except working"? :rolleyes:

While a few hundreds or thousands of people are striking and blocking the roads, the majority of others try to get to their jobs any way they possibly can - usually, on foot.

Each time there is a general strike, my boyfriend's mother is walking 24km back and forth to her work so as not to get fired.

24kilometeres!! would you walk that distance to get to your job during a strike? Would you call a person doing that, lazy?

And if you face them with their problems they use the ancient world and old Greece as excuse.

Not everyone does that, if you read, e.g. commentaries on Greek sites, the majority admits we have royally fucked up and we have made all the wrong choices during the last decades. However, it is spicier for the media to convey the most provocative and controversial replies from the Greeks so as to create a more hostile climate towards them.

They Greek finance minister is a fat bag!

Who can argue with that ;)

I'm bored by the news from that country.

Then don't watch it, simple as that :)

Stars Down To Earth
10-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Finns are boring? :eek:

You really need to go on a pub crawl with Finnish people. They're some of the coolest gadges I've ever met, I really liked them. Their women are great too. I suppose the Finns are very good at compartmentalizing their feelings; they can behave like soulless androids in everyday life and bottle up all their emotions, and then let it all out and go fucking crazy on the weekends. It's probably this mental compartmentalization, combined with their silently stoic attitude to life ("sisu"), that makes people perceive Finns as boring.

Swedes aren't boring either, I enjoyed their company too. I have no idea where people get these retarded stereotypes from.

The Alchemist
10-26-2011, 03:52 PM
Lol!!! There's a very intelligent Albanian who insults me in private :thumb001: He's a good exemple of high IQ :D

Sally
10-26-2011, 04:26 PM
There is no way are Finns boring, in my opinion. I find Finns to be quite mischievous, and their sense of humour is amazing.

They can be too talkative at times, though. However, they understand my need for silence and respect my taciturnity.

Eldritch
10-26-2011, 04:35 PM
They can be too talkative at times, though. However, they understand my need for silence and respect my taciturnity.

You must be the first person ever in the history of the whole country to complain that Finns are "too talkative". :p

Tchek
10-26-2011, 04:39 PM
I would say Luxemburgians are the most boring. I lived right at the border of Luxemburg for 2 years and still don't know what a Luxemburger is supposed to look like or sound like

Eldritch
10-26-2011, 04:40 PM
Lol!!! There's a very intelligent Albanian who insults me in private :thumb001: He's a good exemple of high IQ :D

Unwelcome, harassing private messages and visitor notes aren't allowed here. You should communicate to this person that you do not want any more private massages from him/her, and then if they persist, report them to the moderation team.

The Lawspeaker
10-26-2011, 04:41 PM
I would say Luxemburgians are the most boring. I lived right at the border of Luxemburg for 2 years and still don't know what a Luxemburger is supposed to look like or sound like
Yes.. what the hell is a Luxemburger ? A kind of mixture between a frog and a kraut that still thinks he is something special ? :D

:wink

Mordid
10-26-2011, 04:45 PM
This thread is the most boring thread on TA for sure.

safinator
10-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Luxembourg, Lichtenstein and Andorra sound like cool countries.
San Marino too.

Balmung
10-26-2011, 05:08 PM

Perhaps, but no other European nation can beat their sense of humor or comedy and thats a fact.

Drawing-slim
10-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Lol!!! There's a very intelligent Albanian who insults me in private :thumb001: He's a good exemple of high IQ :DAs albanian myself wuold say report that moron that insults you in private.

This still doesnt mean that i like you though, still find ypu very anoying:D

Balmung
10-26-2011, 06:06 PM
Swedes, boring? :eek:

Most of the ones I know are among the most adventurous people I've met, in their early 30s they have already backpacked the whole world, been to exotic places such as Nepal, India, Burma, etc...

This is true, even my parents being immigrants havn't lost their adventurous streak. I went everywhere as a child and still do with my parents.

In Thailand:

Albion
10-26-2011, 06:59 PM
Finns are boring? :eek:

You really need to go on a pub crawl with Finnish people. They're some of the coolest gadges I've ever met, I really liked them. Their women are great too. I suppose the Finns are very good at compartmentalizing their feelings; they can behave like soulless androids in everyday life and bottle up all their emotions, and then let it all out and go fucking crazy on the weekends. It's probably this mental compartmentalization, combined with their silently stoic attitude to life ("sisu"), that makes people perceive Finns as boring.

Swedes aren't boring either, I enjoyed their company too. I have no idea where people get these retarded stereotypes from.

Anyone can get pissed, the Irish are probably the best at it.

Gratis
10-26-2011, 07:08 PM
There's something very "meh" about being Portuguese.

Stars Down To Earth
10-26-2011, 08:30 PM
Anyone can get pissed, the Irish are probably the best at it.
Meh, the Irish are overrated - some are good in the drinking department, undoubtedly, but most of them are lightweight posers in comparison to the Finns and East Europeans. :tongue

Peasant
10-26-2011, 08:32 PM
The Irish are good at getting pissed, not being pissed.

The Alchemist
10-26-2011, 08:56 PM
As albanian myself wuold say report that moron that insults you in private.

This still doesnt mean that i like you though, still find ypu very anoying:D

Oh, yes, i'm extremely boring, please talk to someone else here, let me go!!!!!!

ikki
10-26-2011, 09:17 PM
i suppose finns can seem boring. but you need to get beyond the "hi, sure is a dreary weather. yes indeed." -type small talk.
Which is easy enough, finns hate small talk. Which could easily be the source of any sensed antipathy when smalltalking.

If lucky someone in the group can arrange for sauna. Yes 120*C. To be followed by many lil specialties like a rice-rye pie of sorts to be topped by egg-butter and maybe some spices. Yeah i know, sounds sexy as hell... but you are weird of you dont like it.
To be followed by ammonium-chloride. Yes its eaten. And unique :D
And then that same ammonium-chloride in liquid form with some oxygen-hydrogen enhancements.

After which its time to sleep. With some luck the sauna will still be warm in the morning, its a excellent way to start the day..

And if really lucky and around in the summer (very accentuated seasons), you can be dragged off to a villa for sauna and bbq every day

Hevneren
10-26-2011, 09:20 PM
There is no way are Finns boring, in my opinion. I find Finns to be quite mischievous, and their sense of humour is amazing.

If Finns are considered talkative, then us Norwegians would give you a headache with our nonstop talking. :p

The Alchemist
10-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Finns are like icebergs, unless they're drunk enough :D

Beorn
10-26-2011, 09:31 PM
The Welsh.

As a kid I always wondered why Fireman Sam was making me feel depressed...with that said, so did The Moomins, so I should add the Finns too.

:D

ikki
10-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Finns are like icebergs, unless they're drunk enough :D

you just need to be dragged into a sauna, with that done, the walls crumble. Getting drunk is a lousy way to loosen the walls.

Intrestinly enough, both are related to icebergs. Either melt with heat or mix with alcohol which keeps them from freezing in the first place... lol

Contra Mundum
10-26-2011, 09:47 PM
Jews are pretty boring. People who thrive off the hard work and ingenuity of others don't interest me.

The Alchemist
10-26-2011, 09:48 PM
you just need to be dragged into a sauna, with that done, the walls crumble. Getting drunk is a lousy way to loosen the walls.

Intrestinly enough, both are related to icebergs. Either melt with heat or mix with alcohol which keeps them from freezing in the first place... lol
LoL...i' haven't had this experience yet :D

heyaitsme
10-26-2011, 11:20 PM
heeey let's talk about the most fun/entertaining ethnicity in Europe..

this thread is depressing.. and everyone is saying Scandinavian people are boring, but I think that's probably not true!

Incal
10-26-2011, 11:44 PM
By experience, I'd say Germans, specially Southern Germans (even other Germans think that lol). Ironic since my grandma and relatives come from those lands but it is what it is.

askra
10-26-2011, 11:44 PM
i say the Liechtensteiners.

Peyrol
10-26-2011, 11:47 PM
Vatikaners :laugh:

Stars Down To Earth
10-26-2011, 11:57 PM
Mercians. ;)

Peyrol
10-27-2011, 12:02 AM
EDIT.

Logan
10-27-2011, 12:03 AM
valteranians

The Alchemist
10-27-2011, 10:18 AM
[QUOTE=Wilfred;570160]valteranians[/QUOT
Thanks to Valter, now i'm surer than before that Albanians are the most unpolite and boring people in the world!!! Thank you Valter for having given me this knowledge ;)

Damiăo de Góis
10-27-2011, 10:11 PM
There's something very "meh" about being Portuguese.

And what would you know about that?

The Lawspeaker
10-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Thanks to Valter, now i'm surer than before that Albanians are the most unpolite and boring people in the world!!! Thank you Valter for having given me this knowledge ;)
They didn't get their reputation for no reason.

Gratis
10-28-2011, 12:10 AM
And what would you know about that?

Perhaps you should take a look at what I've answered under 'ethnicity'.

Drawing-slim
10-28-2011, 04:41 AM
[QUOTE=Wilfred;570160]valteranians[/QUOT
Thanks to Valter, now i'm surer than before that Albanians are the most unpolite and boring people in the world!!! Thank you Valter for having given me this knowledge ;)Hahah, its a big compliment to be hated by people like you, lame pretencious wnnabe bad motherfucker wilfred with his superhero avatar haha and my best friend civis batalli as well:D:D

You asked me in a serious sincere tone to leave you alone on some above post, so i did.
Thats why i havnt replied to you in that different thread, because belive it or not i still have a soft spot for you, the guilty feeling one gets for being maybe a little too harsh on a little girl like you. Eventhough is your fault because i never start shit talking in here, just for the record.

As for boring: i find you and you friends quite the aoppsite, u were my favorite clawns last couple days in the forum :D
So i would be lying if i said that i geniuanly hate you all.

Drawing-slim
10-28-2011, 04:55 AM
They didn't get their reputation for no reason.

Churchill was attendin a party once, and a married woman aproches him and in the middle of the party trying to embarras him, she says to him: if i was your wife i would give you poisin!
Churchill's reply: if i was your husband, i will gladly take the poisen.

Your opinon about us, is the same as that dumb broads towards churchill. Insingificant:D

Logan
10-28-2011, 03:24 PM
[QUOTE=Gretel;570423]Hahah, its a big compliment to be hated by people like you, lame pretencious wnnabe bad motherfucker wilfred with his superhero avatar haha and my best friend civis batalli as well:D:D

You asked me in a serious sincere tone to leave you alone on some above post, so i did.
Thats why i havnt replied to you in that different thread, because belive it or not i still have a soft spot for you, the guilty feeling one gets for being maybe a little too harsh on a little girl like you. Eventhough is your fault because i never start shit talking in here, just for the record.

As for boring: i find you and you friends quite the aoppsite, u were my favorite clawns last couple days in the forum :D
So i would be lying if i said that i geniuanly hate you all.

I personally am more amused by your lack of culture. I find your ravings to be a bit psychotic. I would hope it not representative of Albania. Why not go on to another topic? Everyone has expressed their opinion. So sod off.

Drawing-slim
10-28-2011, 04:16 PM
I personally am more amused by your lack of culture. I find your ravings to be a bit psychotic. I would hope it not representative of Albania. Why not go on to another topic? Everyone has expressed their opinion. So sod off.I personally hope neither one of us is here to represent its own country, becuase you also would be a colsosal disapointment to the british sense of humour, judging from previews brief encounter with you.

That being said, a raving psychotic?!:D i will take that! Since we are in "most boring" thread etc:p

Humanophage
10-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Swedes, for me, are probably the most fun ethnicity on average in Europe. Almost every Swede I met on the internet had a good taste in hobbies and an interesting (often wacky) personality. Their Paradox Entertainment is possibly the best thing that happened to intellectual PC games. They also speak decent English, so it is easier to communicate with them meaningfully.

A good indicator of how amusing the average representative of a nation is is their internet representation (considering the income). My personal impression is that Dutchmen, Finns, and Swedes are drastically overrepresented. However, I see surprisingly few Swiss and Czechs\Slovaks. Perhaps they are entirely absorbed by the German- and French-speaking segments of the internet. Strangely enough, South Europeans are not as uncommon.

Damiăo de Góis
10-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Perhaps you should take a look at what I've answered under 'ethnicity'.

That doesn't mean anything. Aren't you canadian?

Gratis
10-28-2011, 08:27 PM
That doesn't mean anything. Aren't you canadian?

Yes. So?

Unless being born in another country discredits my lineage, I'd say being fully Portuguese would at least grant me the right to speak on the merits of being Portuguese from a cultural standpoint. If it makes you feel better I'll specify and say Azorean, since you may not consider that to be "real" Portuguese.

Damiăo de Góis
10-28-2011, 08:37 PM
Yes. So?

Unless being born in another country discredits my lineage, I'd say being fully Portuguese would at least grant me the right to speak on the merits of being Portuguese from a cultural standpoint. If it makes you feel better I'll specify and say Azorean, since you may not consider that to be "real" Portuguese.

Azores is a beautiful place.

What i consider to be "real" Portuguese is people born and raised here. They might be more qualified to say how it feels to be Portuguese... but whatever. ;)

Gratis
10-28-2011, 08:43 PM
Well I didn't mean what it was like to live in the country, I thought that was obvious.

So then I guess I shouldn't present myself as Portuguese here? :mmmm:

Christian552
10-28-2011, 08:45 PM
Now, now children... ^^

Damiăo de Góis
10-28-2011, 08:57 PM
Well I didn't mean what it was like to live in the country, I thought that was obvious.

The country is pretty much the ethnicity. You need to live here to know what worries us or what makes us happy. You need to speak the language to appreciate our music. And you don't know how it feels to walk every day in streets where our ancestors walked and where so much history happened:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/joao74/PNA/braun_hogenberg_I_1_1_b.jpg

Moonbird
10-28-2011, 09:00 PM

:confused:

Were these "talkative" guys by any chance under the influence of alcohol?

Mordid
10-28-2011, 09:07 PM
Finns.

Stars Down To Earth
10-28-2011, 09:10 PM
A real Finnish male, when sober, is a man of a few words. Chit-chatting is for homosexuals and Swedes. :tongue

Mordid
10-28-2011, 09:14 PM
Scots.

The Alchemist
10-28-2011, 09:19 PM
Scots.

More than albanians and turks?!? :eek:

Mordid
10-28-2011, 09:20 PM
Peruvians

The Alchemist
10-28-2011, 09:21 PM
:cry2:cry2:cry2:cry2:cry2:cry2:cry2:cry2:cry2:cry2
Peruvians

Gratis
10-28-2011, 10:42 PM
The country is pretty much the ethnicity. You need to live here to know what worries us or what makes us happy. You need to speak the language to appreciate our music. And you don't know how it feels to walk every day in streets where our ancestors walked and where so much history happened:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v706/joao74/PNA/braun_hogenberg_I_1_1_b.jpg

lol, fine then.

Portuguese people are pretty "meh".

Damiăo de Góis
10-28-2011, 10:49 PM
lol, fine then.

The ones from Canada? I'll trust your judgment on that ;)

heyaitsme
10-28-2011, 11:10 PM
lol, fine then.

but.. have you ever even been to Portugal? They are not "meh" at all !

Sally
10-29-2011, 06:27 AM
:confused:

No, Finns just seem very loquacious (at least in the capital area) to me. They appear to be friendly, outgoing and very eager to chat. It's both men and women, too, and there's no alcohol involved, at least not to my knowledge.

Hurrem sultana
10-29-2011, 10:15 AM
scandinavians

Treffie
10-29-2011, 10:28 AM
The Welsh.

:D

If Male Voice Choirs aren't your cup of tea, then I'd have to agree with you :p

Tabiti
10-29-2011, 10:30 AM
I've recently heard that Slovenians didn't have swear words and curses in their language, so I would vote for them...

rhiannon
10-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Eh...I dunno about Europe. Here in the States, I find Midwestern Farmer-types to be the most boring.

Moonbird
10-29-2011, 12:55 PM
No, Finns just seem very loquacious (at least in the capital area) to me. They appear to be friendly, outgoing and very eager to chat. It's both men and women, too, and there's no alcohol involved, at least not to my knowledge.

They must have developed a new trend in the big city then that we rednecks have missed. :mmmm:

HungAryan
10-30-2011, 04:16 PM
Scandinavians, Irish and British

Sagitta Hungarica
10-30-2011, 04:24 PM
This thread is the most boring.

Sally
10-31-2011, 05:49 AM
Eh...I dunno about Europe. Here in the States, I find Midwestern Farmer-types to be the most boring.

You mean like Ed Gein? :eek:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Gein

Nah, I'm just joking. ;)

But seriously, I tend to find quieter, reserved Europeans more fascinating. Still waters run deep, and all that. What many find feisty, hot-blooded and temperamental I find exhausting, draining and downright boring. Once you scratch the theatrics, there's no substance.

But it all depends on the individual, really. For instance, I know a lot Italians here in Europe. Most are the antithesis of the stereotypical Italian many people are constantly invoking. Rather, they are reserved, non-flamboyant and kind of phlegmatic. :)

Dombra
10-28-2012, 01:17 AM
Balts, Swiss and Belgians

Sandman
10-28-2012, 07:14 AM
Swedes and Finns hands down.

Libertas
10-28-2012, 08:32 AM
Italians of San Marino are the [B]most boring, arrogant and snobbish people in Europe.

Tuscans deserve that accolade more.

Prince Carlo
10-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Italians of San Marino are the [B]most boring, arrogant and snobbish people in Europe.

Some Northern Italians and also Romans deserve the prize too.

Bari
10-28-2012, 01:32 PM
Finns and krauts on first place. Then Swedes and Norwegians. Well, basically all people that need alcohol to become social( typical northern phenomena).

Peyrol
10-28-2012, 02:05 PM

Except the Livornesi, i don't think that tuscans are arrogants.

Some Northern Italians and also Romans deserve the prize too.

Precisely?

Queen B
10-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Baltic ones.

Prince Carlo
10-28-2012, 02:11 PM
Precisely?

Liguria e dintorni.

Vojnik
10-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Skandos for sure.

Äike
10-28-2012, 02:14 PM
Baltic ones.

I Have to agree, as much as I have met Balts, they seem to be a boring bunch.

Aura
10-28-2012, 02:32 PM
British

Hevo
10-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Switzerland+Estonia.

Libertas
10-28-2012, 04:22 PM
[QUOTE=Perduellio;1127429]Except the Livornesi, i don't think that tuscans are arrogants.

QUOTE]

They are BORING and NOIOSI e ANTIPATICI (Everything is better in Tuscany etc etc)

Graham
10-28-2012, 04:23 PM
Certainly Scots Protestants are astonishingly boring though their middle class has excelled in science and invention for generations.
Scots Protestants only show extroversion when drunk and fighting over football.
Wit and flair is more common among Scots of Irish Catholic origin.

With a new SNP majority government Scotland may end up with the most brain-dead TV on this planet.

Stuck in the Glesga bubble.

ficuscarica
10-28-2012, 04:25 PM
The Swiss, Baltic peoples and the Portuguese, although the countries aren´t bad. The people aren´t bad either, just not that interesting.

Libertas
10-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Stuck in the Glesga bubble.

At least the Glasgow people are an exception to the boredom rule but go a few miles in any direction away from Glasgow and you are in the Twilight Zone for boredom.

Graham
10-28-2012, 04:33 PM
At least the Glasgow people are an exception to the boredom rule but go a few miles in any direction away from Glasgow and you are in the Twilight Zone for boredom.

"Glasgow smiles better". :D "You'll have had your tea?"

My town is full of Glaswegians, we're all dour in Scotland. Catholics & Proddies. Work together, grumpy together.

Libertas
10-28-2012, 04:39 PM
"Glasgow smiles better". :D "You'll have had your tea?"

My town is full of Glaswegians, we're all dour in Scotland. Catholics & Proddies. Work together, grumpy together.

Grumpy people are more interesting than the bland or happy-clappy sort.

Graham
10-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Grumpy people are more interesting than the bland or happy-clappy sort.

Think you need a good mix of different personalities, which Glasgow does have, to be fair.

Watched Question Time last week, it was in Easterhouse. The crowd were way more vocal than any other.

Libertas
10-28-2012, 04:44 PM
Think you need a good mix of different personalities, which Glasgow does have, to be fair.

Watched Question Time last week, it was in Easterhouse. The crowd were way more vocal than any other.

They are "pure mental in Easterhoos BTW".:picard1:

Graham
10-28-2012, 04:47 PM
They are "pure mental in Easterhoos BTW".:picard1:

My brothers girlfriend, some of her family are from there. Her cousin got stabbed two years back, in that area. Sounds fun.

Damiăo de Góis
10-28-2012, 04:55 PM
It depends on what you mean with boring. If it's the people's behaviour then it's probably some northern european ethnicities, at least that's the stereotype.

Graham
10-28-2012, 04:58 PM
It depends on what you mean with boring. If it's the people's behaviour then it's probably some northern european ethnicities, at least that's the stereotype.

Think that's down to the weather. We're inside being productive or watching TV. You lot are next to the swimming pool.

Rouxinol
10-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Germans are boring.

StonyArabia
10-28-2012, 05:00 PM
Basques and Russians i would say being the most boring

The coolest the British and Norwegians

Balmung
10-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Can't be more boring than African Americans. Seriously, these people never try anything new. Many don't want to travel. I couldn't even get my friend to go bungee jump with me. Because apparently "Only white people do crazy shit like that, no i will not bungee jump".

morski
10-28-2012, 05:04 PM
I know it ain't us.:D

hHUFMeV-GVo

Damiăo de Góis
10-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Think that's down to the weather. We're inside being productive or watching TV. You lot are next to the swimming pool.

Typical day in southern europe :D

94Zi6T14rTE

ficuscarica
10-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Germans are boring.

We managed to entertain the whole world a few decades ago.

Han Cholo
10-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Activities are boring... but a whole country?!

Absinthe
10-28-2012, 10:24 PM
Baltic ones.
Have you met many Baltics? The Latvians and Estonias I've met are very fun loving and outgoing people... :p

Virtuous
10-28-2012, 10:33 PM
Typical day in southern europe :D

If only xD

Queen B
10-28-2012, 10:44 PM
Have you met many Baltics? The Latvians and Estonias I've met are very fun loving and outgoing people... :p
Yeap, I have met some and I found them uninteresting and boring. Maybe I was unlucky, dunno

Virtuous
10-28-2012, 10:47 PM
Russians

I doubt

9sEx6eTmqHw

Äike
10-29-2012, 09:18 AM

The Estonians aren't Baltic, if you have been to Finland, Estonia and Latvia then you probably also realized yourself that Estonians & Finns are more similar than Latvians are to us.

Latvians are a rare sight in Tallinn and I don't visit Riga that often but I haven't had any particularly interesting nights with them, while I always seem to have much fun with Finns. There's this cultural/language barrier too, I guess.

Of course, Estonians (and Finns too) are "fun and outgoing" after a few drinks. :D

Mans not hot
10-29-2012, 09:23 AM
I doubt

9sEx6eTmqHw
Karl posted it from other forum:
VX7gFl7xnOE

He admires them secretly for unhindered joy of life. :D

mysticism
10-29-2012, 09:27 AM
The most boring would be the Swedish or any Scandanavians (Except Dutch- they have Amsterdam).

Atlas
10-30-2012, 09:55 PM
It has to be the Swiss, Simon and Garfunkel over there would be a trash metal band.

Absinthe
10-30-2012, 10:13 PM
My money goes to Luxembourg for that matter :D

Furnace
10-30-2012, 10:17 PM
The most boring would be the Swedish or any Scandanavians (Except Dutch- they have Amsterdam).

:picard2:

Roy
07-19-2019, 08:29 PM
So who are the most boring ones?