PDA

View Full Version : The Atheist Experience - Call-in Show

Petros Agapetos
01-09-2019, 03:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVCr4SFyvRo

Matt Dillahunty rips a theist, and this time it's a Muslim.

Loki
01-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Atheism is a deception, those who know better know that God and Jesus are real... and that this life is just a stepping stone to eternity.

Útrám
01-09-2019, 03:27 PM
Didn't you once post a picture of yourself with a fedora?

Loki
01-09-2019, 03:36 PM
Petros, tell me how you can sincerely be an atheist... one has to have very little experience in life to be an atheist.

Loki
01-09-2019, 03:37 PM
I used to be an atheist until I found out that God is real.

Petros Agapetos
01-09-2019, 09:43 PM
Petros, tell me how you can sincerely be an atheist... one has to have very little experience in life to be an atheist.

Theist: I believe there is a God
Weak Atheist: I do not believe there is a God [has no burden of proof]
Strong Atheist: I believe there is no God [has a burden of proof]

Agnostic Atheist = I don't believe there is a God, but don't claim to know it.
When it comes to Christianity; I do not believe its God is plausible; and don't believe the Bible was inspired by God. I don't claim to be able to prove to you that "God does not exist", because my position is I do not accept that God is real. The burden of proof is on the person claiming he does exist.

When it comes to Islam, I am confident that Allah does not exist. The Qur'an is not the divine dictation of Allah, and Muhammad was not a prophet of God (at best false prophet). So I am (strongly) atheist towards Islam, more so than in the case of Christianity.

Islam is partly based on Christianity..
If Christianity is true, Islam is false
If Islam is true, Christianity may or may not be true.
Islam is more implaussible than Christianity.

Loki
01-09-2019, 09:47 PM
Theist: I believe there is a God
Weak Atheist: I do not believe there is a God [has no burden of proof]
Strong Atheist: I believe there is no God [has a burden of proof]

Agnostic Atheist = I don't believe there is a God, but don't claim to know it.
When it comes to Christianity; I do not believe its God is plausible; and don't believe the Bible was inspired by God. I don't claim to be able to prove to you that "God does not exist", because my position is I do not accept that God is real. The burden of proof is on the person claiming he does exist.

You are wrong on all counts, I guarantee you. The God of the Bible is not only plausible, he is actually real. And Jesus Christ died for our sins and rose from the dead. When your body dies, your spirit lives on... and you will go either to heaven or hell, depending on whether you have accepted Jesus as your Lord and Saviour or not. This is the truth and I can vouch for it.

You don't claim to know... but I claim to fully know, 100%, that Jesus is the Son of God, and is real. More real than you and me.

Loki
01-09-2019, 10:19 PM
Petros, have you noticed how many people are having supernatural visitations of Jesus Christ lately? It's something that cannot be ignored or overlooked... and thanks to media tools like YouTube, we can actually see how active God is in people's lives...

Ayetooey
01-09-2019, 10:26 PM
These guy's hate religion so much they make a show based off discussing religion. Makes sense.

Petros Agapetos
01-09-2019, 11:14 PM
Atheism is a deception, those who know better know that God and Jesus are real... and that this life is just a stepping stone to eternity.

Atheism is simply the default position on the proposition "Does a God exist?".
If you believe in a God you are a theist, any other answer brings you to atheism, the position of not believing there is a God.

How did you get this religious? What made you convert to Christianity. Just curious.

Petros Agapetos
01-09-2019, 11:24 PM
These guy's hate religion so much they make a show based off discussing religion. Makes sense.

They don't hate religion. They find religion implausible and tell people why they should not believe it.
There is no evidence that there is a celestial being that supposedly created the universe.
Often God is unfalsifiable (by definition cannot be proven false). It is up to the theist to demonstrate there is a God. It isn't up to the atheist to disprove God.
They live in Texas, a very reli gious state, in which they are used to dealing with theists.
They do not have degrees in philosophy, they are merely volunteering their time (without getting paid).

Ayetooey
01-09-2019, 11:30 PM
If you believe in a God you are a theist, any other answer brings you to atheism, the position of not believing there is a God.

How did you get this religious? What made you convert to Christianity. Just curious.

The default position would be agnosticism, Atheism is someone making the conscious decision not to believe in a higher power.

Every single society in history has had a concept of god, if Atheism was so inherent to the human species, such a default position, that wouldn't be the case, but throughout history god has prevailed in some form. If atheism was so default religion would of never existed, we would of been atheist from day one; but a belief in god is inherent in humans. Some scientific studies claim children have a belief in a higher power from birth.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/07/110714103828.htm

Loki
01-10-2019, 12:11 AM

No, I disagree. It is not "the default position". Humans are created to be curious about God, and to desire our creator and desire to find him and get to know him. It's inbuilt in our DNA so-to-speak. The first man, Adam, walked with God. We were originally created to have fellowship with God. That is why we will always have a deep hunger in our souls that can only be satisfied by experiencing God's love and presence. And you ask me how I "got this religious"? Firstly, I am not religious. I know God. There is a difference. I don't care about organised religion. But I know the Bible is true, and Jesus is real. So... how did I get to be like this? The answer is simple... I experienced God! I came into his presence and immediately recognised it as God. It's something that I cannot adequately describe with words, because it is beyond words and beyond vocabulary.

I am not alone in this. I asked you a question... did you realise how many people are having supernatural experiences with God (Jesus) nowadays? I have tried to record some of it by making threads about individual testimonies.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?387-Jesus-Reveals-Himself-to-the-World

^^ Look at the link above. Are all those people lying? Making it up? Am I perhaps making it up?

Loki
01-10-2019, 12:15 AM
They don't hate religion. They find religion implausible and tell people why they should not believe it.
There is no evidence that there is a celestial being that supposedly created the universe.
Often God is unfalsifiable (by definition cannot be proven false). It is up to the theist to demonstrate there is a God. It isn't up to the atheist to disprove God.
They live in Texas, a very reli gious state, in which they are used to dealing with theists.
They do not have degrees in philosophy, they are merely volunteering their time (without getting paid).

You are wrong, there is plenty of evidence for God. You only have to open your eyes. And then we have the first person experience testimonies of people who have seen heaven (also hell), and Jesus.

Petros Agapetos
01-10-2019, 03:38 AM
The default position would be agnosticism, Atheism is someone making the conscious decision not to believe in a higher power.

Every single society in history has had a concept of god, if Atheism was so inherent to the human species, such a default position, that wouldn't be the case, but throughout history god has prevailed in some form. If atheism was so default religion would of never existed, we would of been atheist from day one; but a belief in god is inherent in humans. Some scientific studies claim children have a belief in a higher power from birth.

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/07/110714103828.htm

Agnosticism addresses "knowledge". Atheism addresses "belief".
They are not mutually exclusive.

For example

Agnostic Atheist = I do NOT believe in a God, but I don't know it
Gnostic Atheist = I believe 'there is no God'
Agnostic Theist = I believe in God but don't know it
Gnostic Theist = I believe in God and I know it

Petros Agapetos
01-10-2019, 03:47 AM
No, I disagree. It is not "the default position". Humans are created to be curious about God, and to desire our creator and desire to find him and get to know him. It's inbuilt in our DNA so-to-speak. The first man, Adam, walked with God. We were originally created to have fellowship with God. That is why we will always have a deep hunger in our souls that can only be satisfied by experiencing God's love and presence. And you ask me how I "got this religious"? Firstly, I am not religious. I know God. There is a difference. I don't care about organised religion. But I know the Bible is true, and Jesus is real. So... how did I get to be like this? The answer is simple... I experienced God! I came into his presence and immediately recognised it as God. It's something that I cannot adequately describe with words, because it is beyond words and beyond vocabulary.

I am not alone in this. I asked you a question... did you realise how many people are having supernatural experiences with God (Jesus) nowadays? I have tried to record some of it by making threads about individual testimonies.

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?387-Jesus-Reveals-Himself-to-the-World

^^ Look at the link above. Are all those people lying? Making it up? Am I perhaps making it up?

Atheism is the rejection of theistic claims. Theist says "There is a God". The atheist disbelieves until such time there is evidence to support it.
Proposition: "There is a God"
Yes: Theist (Alternative Hypothesis)
No: Atheist (Null Hypothesis/Default)

Until such time as God has been demonstrated to exist, I do not believe it. Belief must be proportioned to the evidence. What evidence is there that there is a God? I don't believe there is a God is not the same as saying I believe there is no God. If that were my claim, I'd have a burden of proof. But I am not claiming to be able to refute any deity that is unfalsifiable (by definition this would be impossible).

I recommend a book by Sam Harris - A Guide to Spirituality without Religion.
I believe in spiritual experiences. But why are you attributing God to it? How do you know that what you experienced isn't just the sum total of neurochemical activity of neurons (completely natural). People can also have entheogenic effects on psychoactive drugs (again completely natural/ no supernature required to postulate). Where are you getting this supernatural space from, wherein you have placed your God and angels and the rest of the unfalsifiable entities of religion.

How would you demonstrate the supernatural?
How would the supernatural act with the natural world?
What is the nature of this interraction between supernature and nature? Is the interraction natural or supernatural?

Petros Agapetos
01-10-2019, 07:34 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4T3hlneD-g&index=2&list=PLXu58vI2LqvSJVQJmnlAFpyT1EeNSYKeo

Loki
01-10-2019, 01:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4T3hlneD-g&index=2&list=PLXu58vI2LqvSJVQJmnlAFpyT1EeNSYKeo

This guy is a total liar. What good does it do you to listen to a liar? I guess you like what he is saying, and hoping it was true... as in wishful thinking? :confused:

Petros Agapetos
01-10-2019, 01:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcTkRUX2wAs&list=PLXu58vI2LqvSJVQJmnlAFpyT1EeNSYKeo&index=28

Loki
01-10-2019, 01:18 PM
I recommend a book by Sam Harris - A Guide to Spirituality without Religion.
I believe in spiritual experiences. But why are you attributing God to it?

That's ridiculous. I am not "attributing it to God", I KNOW it is God. Did you read what I wrote you about many people seeing Jesus? Did you look into it? And Sam Harris is a retard. He doesn't know anything about this.

Loki
01-10-2019, 01:25 PM
Until such time as God has been demonstrated to exist, I do not believe it.

I have just demonstrated it to you, but you didn't even comment on what I have posted about countless witness testimonies. A witness testimony is the highest form of proof that there is. A life that is changed, and it is not just one here or there... but at such a scale, that it started with a few followers of Jesus 2000 years ago... and now Christianity is the largest religion in the world, having 2 billion followers. You really need to open your eyes to the truth. It is all around you...