PDA

View Full Version : Classify BBC Wales weathergirl of Iranian origin Behnaz Akhgar

Tooting Carmen
01-09-2019, 05:45 PM
She fled Iran as a teenager and settled in my city of Swansea.
https://marriedwiki.com/uploads/bio/2015/05/17/behnaz-akhgar.jpghttps://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4295/36267715856_b30436cd37_b.jpghttps://ichef.bbci.co.uk/images/ic/640xn/p0269wyg.jpg

The Blade
01-09-2019, 05:49 PM
Iranid.

Tooting Carmen
01-09-2019, 10:42 PM
Anyone else?

lonewolfcypriot
01-09-2019, 10:54 PM
Iranid, she kind of looks European though

Tooting Carmen
01-09-2019, 10:56 PM

I often find Iranians look more European than Levantines do.

lonewolfcypriot
01-09-2019, 10:57 PM
I often find Iranians look more European than Levantines do.

Maybe it has something to do with Yamnaya who knows?

Tooting Carmen
01-09-2019, 10:58 PM
Maybe it has something to do with Yamnaya who knows?

Well Iranians are a branch of Indo-Europeans, as opposed to Afro-Asiatic derived Arabs.

Zroota
01-09-2019, 11:54 PM
Looks more Latina or Castizo to me.

Phenix
01-09-2019, 11:56 PM
Iranid.

Sikeliot
01-10-2019, 01:45 AM
Iranid, but not far off from Atlanto-Med or some Spaniards.

Sebastianus Rex
01-10-2019, 02:29 AM
Gives a Paki/Indian vibe in the 2nd picture, looks like a different person.

With base on the other 2 pics, Iranid + asian alpine, she has a bit of asiatic admixture.

MysteriousWays
01-10-2019, 02:30 AM
Asiatic Alpine & Iranid

tipirneni
01-10-2019, 03:04 AM
iranid typical

NPKTO
01-10-2019, 03:06 AM
Gives a Paki/Indian vibe in the 2nd picture, looks like a different person.

With base on the other 2 pics, Iranid + asian alpine, she has a bit of asiatic admixture.
Nope, she doesn't look South Asian.

Smeagol
01-10-2019, 05:31 AM
Well Iranians are a branch of Indo-Europeans, as opposed to Afro-Asiatic derived Arabs.

Means nothing. Levantines and such are far closer to Iranians than they are to Afro-Asiatic speaking Ethiopians or Sudanese. People need to stop conflating language and race. It's not like they have zero correlation but it's exaggerated heavily by people on this forum. For example, there's no such thing as Semitic or Germanic DNA or whatever.

Odin
02-09-2019, 11:55 AM
Iranid.

Borealis
03-23-2019, 01:24 AM
Means nothing. Levantines and such are far closer to Iranians than they are to Afro-Asiatic speaking Ethiopians or Sudanese. People need to stop conflating language and race. It's not like they have zero correlation but it's exaggerated heavily by people on this forum. For example, there's no such thing as Semitic or Germanic DNA or whatever.

Exactly. I was about to make the same exact comment. Iranians do have some steppe/Indo-European ancestry but they are all in all still much closer to other West Asians than they are to Europeans. And semitic speaking west Asians are closer to them than they are to other Afro-Asiatics.

Latinus
03-23-2019, 01:25 AM
Iranid.

Tooting Carmen
05-15-2019, 11:00 PM
bump

Zeus
05-15-2019, 11:25 PM
iranid+med

Truth Preacher
05-16-2019, 02:21 AM
Iranid proper

Fibonacci
05-16-2019, 05:43 AM
Exactly. I was about to make the same exact comment. Iranians do have some steppe/Indo-European ancestry but they are all in all still much closer to other West Asians than they are to Europeans. And semitic speaking west Asians are closer to them than they are to other Afro-Asiatics.

Based on autosomal graphs, we are central Asian shifted caucasians for the most part. We don't cluster at all with Iraqis, Assyrians, armenians for example, we cluster right next to azeris, Lazgins, and Georgians (depending on the autosomal graph). Though we still shift towards central Asians. Southern Iranians are mostly arabs, Africans and Pakistanis. They're too diverse and shift towards their own clusters.

Borealis
05-16-2019, 05:52 AM
Based on autosomal graphs, we are central Asian shifted caucasians for the most part. We don't cluster at all with Iraqis, Assyrians, armenians for example, we cluster right next to azeris, Lazgins, and Georgians (depending on the autosomal graph). Though we still shift towards central Asians. Southern Iranians are mostly arabs, Africans and Pakistanis. They're too diverse and shift towards their own clusters.

You are right about Azeris being close and armenians/assyrians being far(and presumably iraqi arabs too even though theres very little genetic data on them) but Georgians and other Caucasians are far as well. Armenians are also Caucasians, so I don't get the logic behind putting them in the west Asian group.

Fibonacci
05-16-2019, 05:55 AM
You are right about Azeris being close and armenians/assyrians being far(and presumably iraqi arabs too even though theres very little genetic data on them) but Georgians and other Caucasians are far as well. Armenians are also Caucasians, so I don't get the logic behind putting them in the west Asian group.

Armenians are far more closer to Assyrians it seems like. The two populations are interconnected it seems. Iranians don't cluster close to either of those, we cluster closer to Georgians (mostly the eastern ones) and lezgins instead. Azeris and Iranians are pretty much within the same area. Same goes for Kurds. Azerbaijan itself used to be an Iranian province so the people there will be closest to Iranians for obvious reasons. There was also a massive migration of Georgians to Iran during nader Shahs era. Many Iranian/Georgian marriages took place when the Iranian population was a lot lower

https://imgur.com/AUgb9qE.jpg

Oghuz
05-16-2019, 07:51 AM
Armenians are far more closer to Assyrians it seems like. The two populations are interconnected it seems. Iranians don't cluster close to either of those, we cluster closer to Georgians (mostly the eastern ones) and lezgins instead. Azeris and Iranians are pretty much within the same area. Same goes for Kurds. Azerbaijan itself used to be an Iranian province so the people there will be closest to Iranians for obvious reasons. There was also a massive migration of Georgians to Iran during nader Shahs era. Many Iranian/Georgian marriages took place when the Iranian population was a lot lower

https://imgur.com/AUgb9qE.jpg

I found it myself after growing up that we azeris are just one form of Iranians who are partially culturally Turkified.

Oghuz
05-16-2019, 07:51 AM

On topic, She is persian and looks typical

Iranid with minor med component. Overall Irano Med

Tooting Carmen
10-10-2019, 06:52 PM
bump

Negah
10-10-2019, 10:03 PM
Iranid