PDA

View Full Version : Is arabid a gracile-med adapted to the desert?

Joso
01-11-2019, 11:31 PM
Some persons claim it...

The Great Uniter
01-11-2019, 11:33 PM
Hmmm... no.

Zroota
01-12-2019, 12:01 AM
Not quite. Arabids and Gracile meds still have distinctive facial features. Besides the skin tone, these are the perceivable differences:

*Textbook Arabids tend to be very dolichocephalic, whilst Gracile-Meds can be within the mesocephalic range.
*Gracile-Meds have smaller or narrow mouth area, whereas Arabids have a more protruding mouth (aka, "Semitic smile", as coined by someone in here)
*Noses are larger in textbook Arabids.

Maybe there are more that I can't think of right now.

The only reason why Gracile-Meds are affiliated with Arabid is because of mixing, due to the proximate location. There are some people in the Levant and even Sicily that are a Gracile-Med/Arabid combo. One example being Lady Gaga, give her a darker pigmentation and she can be an Arabid somewhat:
http://www.bestmusic.ro/_files/image/lady_gaga_2007.jpg

Joso
01-12-2019, 01:54 PM
bump

Smeagol
01-12-2019, 01:55 PM
Yes.

Gangrel
01-12-2019, 02:12 PM
Gracile-Meds are coastal adapted versions of Arabids.

Valwar
01-12-2019, 03:24 PM
Not quite. Arabids and Gracile meds still have distinctive facial features. Besides the skin tone, these are the perceivable differences:

*Textbook Arabids tend to be very dolichocephalic, whilst Gracile-Meds can be within the mesocephalic range.
*Gracile-Meds have smaller or narrow mouth area, whereas Arabids have a more protruding mouth (aka, "Semitic smile", as coined by someone in here)
*Noses are larger in textbook Arabids.

Maybe there are more that I can't think of right now.

The only reason why Gracile-Meds are affiliated with Arabid is because of mixing, due to the proximate location. There are some people in the Levant and even Sicily that are a Gracile-Med/Arabid combo. One example being Lady Gaga, give her a darker pigmentation and she can be an Arabid somewhat:
http://www.bestmusic.ro/_files/image/lady_gaga_2007.jpg

What says those differences aren't due to desert adaption though? To me, for example large noses seems to be part of desert adaption.

Joso
01-12-2019, 04:16 PM
What says those differences aren't due to desert adaption though? To me, for example large noses seems to be part of desert adaption.

yes, I think this way too

Token
01-13-2019, 02:00 AM
No, there isn't any special relation between them besides the fact that they are two West Eurasian types.

Valedictorian
01-16-2019, 09:36 AM
Yes. Bump for educational purposes :rolleyes: