PDA

View Full Version : pre work out supplements

thetank
05-14-2011, 04:45 PM
does anybody recommend any good pre work out supplements like n.o. xplode or anything like that... i have never really tried any pre work out supplements because im afraid they will effect performance or they wont go down well... does anybody know if they actually are effective and which ones are good...thanks!

Psychonaut
05-14-2011, 04:52 PM
I took NO Xplode for a few months and noted an increase in vascularity, endurance and the ever important pump while I was working out. However, the longer I took it, the less effect it had on me, since it's mostly a cocktail of uppers with some amino acids tossed in. Now, the only thing I take before lifting is a whey shake and my morning pound of vitamins (multi [which includes a full range of BCAAs], glucosamine, fish oil, zinc, and magnesium).

thetank
05-14-2011, 04:54 PM
I took NO Xplode for a few months and noted an increase in vascularity, endurance and the ever important pump while I was working out. However, the longer I took it, the less effect it had on me, since it's mostly a cocktail of uppers with some amino acids tossed in. Now, the only thing I take before lifting is a whey shake and my morning pound of vitamins (multi [which includes a full range of BCAAs], glucosamine, fish oil, zinc, and magnesium).

thats really interesting... when you take no xplode do you use it with water and how many scoops did you put in when you first took it?

Psychonaut
05-14-2011, 05:00 PM
thats really interesting... when you take no xplode do you use it with water and how many scoops did you put in when you first took it?

You've got to experiment with it, dude. Start with one and work your way up. The proper amount all depends on your existing tolerance for caffeine.

thetank
05-14-2011, 05:03 PM
You've got to experiment with it, dude. Start with one and work your way up. The proper amount all depends on your existing tolerance for caffeine.

haha good idea because i actually dont drink alot of coffee or anything so i think one scoop would be fine.. but does how long does it usually take to feel the effect... like half an hour maybe?