PDA

View Full Version : The worlds squarest teenagers..Amish.

Aces High
05-15-2011, 11:47 AM
I found this documentry on youtube having missed it on tv.
What do you think of these Amish people..?

PcmESjcmrzM

Peasant
05-15-2011, 11:58 AM
Are you really from the UK?

Just that:
http://i.imgur.com/bGAaN.jpg

This is where to watch if anyone from within the United Kingdom wants to watch it. (http://www.channel4.com/programmes/amish-worlds-squarest-teenagers/4od)

Psychonaut
05-15-2011, 12:11 PM
The Amish are great—absolutely great. Some of the nicest folks you'll ever meet, and they grow the best produce in the US.

Aces High
05-15-2011, 12:23 PM
I like the fact that they give their young kids time to think about their commitment and let them go wild a bit before settling down.

One thing i noticed was there seems to be no fat Amish.

Psychonaut
05-15-2011, 03:00 PM
One thing i noticed was there seems to be no fat Amish.

I rarely ever see fat Amish kids/young-adults. A combination of healthy, home grown foods and bicycling up and down Pennsylvania's hilly landscape will do that. :thumb001:

Grumpy Cat
05-15-2011, 03:27 PM
It seems the kids they were staying with, at least the young girls, desire the Amish way of life more than the other way around, but they don't do it because "that's the way it is here".

SaxonCeorl
05-15-2011, 03:40 PM
@1:12 - "I've never really met people that I've had a lot to do with that are black."

:thumbs

Ibericus
05-15-2011, 03:45 PM
Why don't they leave them alone with their lifestyles, always poisoning the healthy

Grumpy Cat
05-15-2011, 03:46 PM
@1:12 - "I've never really met people that I've had a lot to do with that are black."

Yeah, and they treat black people with more respect than most cultural Marxist sympathising whites. They way they view blacks and non-whites in general just plain disgusts me, especially as someone who grew up near an Indian reserve.

But some of the comments under the videos are that the Amish are judgemental and stuff. They're less judgemental than most people.

Psychonaut
05-15-2011, 04:18 PM

There really just aren't any in Lancaster county unless you're smack in the middle of Lancaster city. Out in the country, the only people you're going to see are Deitsch and Aye-talians.

Aces High
05-15-2011, 04:41 PM
But some of the comments under the videos are that the Amish are judgemental and stuff. They're less judgemental than most people.

I noticed that as well,but i didnt put it down to being judgemental.
I thought they tried to answer questions put to them in a thoughtfull way,they actually thought about the question and gave good answers not some mumbled warble.I didnt find them judgemental just sure of themselves.
I have never seen anything to do with these people before and to me they came across as really nice people.

The Lawspeaker
05-21-2011, 01:07 PM
You know what: I really like those Amish. I wish we had some of them here... and our kids could learn from them. I don't like all the Christian rubbish but their lifestyle is just perfect and should be kept intact. Besides their language, Deitsch, doesn't seem to pose too many trouble for me: I understood what the word "rumspringa" meant without needing the English translation as it is easy to translate into Dutch "in het rond springen", "in het rond rennen..".

Osprey
05-24-2012, 04:47 AM
What was that nigger saying : "She goes to bed like..............." at the last portion of the video :eek: