PDA

View Full Version : Good countries to visit in Europe

GeistFaust
05-15-2011, 08:43 PM
I am thinking about visiting Europe this summer and I want to know some good countries to travel to as well as the cities in those countries. :cool:

The Lawspeaker
05-15-2011, 08:45 PM
It all depends on what you're looking for.

GeistFaust
05-15-2011, 08:47 PM
It all depends on what you're looking for.

What if I am looking for an over all relaxing experience a lot of places to visit also some forest areas maybe some Mountainous terrains and maybe a beach or club here or there on the way.

Winterwolf
05-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Germany! :thumb001:

Check out this thread (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12329) and make up your mind. Since you're very much interested in Germany you should visit the country of your ancestors.

Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Cologne and Stuttgart are great tourist attractions, especially if you also want to enjoy a good night life.

If you want it more relaxed go to Bavaria, the Black Forest in Baden-Württemberg or the Baltic Sea coast in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.

GeistFaust
05-15-2011, 08:53 PM

Check out this thread (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12329) and make up your mind. Since you're very much interested in Germany you should visit the country of your ancestors.

Berlin, Munich, Hamburg, Cologne and Stuttgart are great tourist attractions, especially if you also want to enjoy a good night life.

Yes I might look into it I like the aura and energy that can be found in Germany there are some places where you can find a quaint and lively atmosphere but you can also stay hidden at the same time and go around to the forest in Thurginia or maybe the Mountainous terrain in the South in Bavaria or near Schwarzwald.

Peyrol
05-15-2011, 08:57 PM
If during your travel you come in Italy you can find everything: cities, history, camping, lakes, beautiful coastlines, hills with vineyards and snow-capped mountains.

PS. don't go to Napoli!

GeistFaust
05-15-2011, 08:59 PM
If during your travel you come in Italy you can find everything: cities, history, camping, lakes, beautiful coastlines, hills with vineyards and snow-capped mountains.

PS. don't go to Napoli!

Why do you not want to go to Naples. I heard the North has many pleasant places I also wanted to see if I could get to the Alps. I think I might try to get to Southern Italy but I doubt it so during the trip I might try to stop through Florence, Milan, Turin, Genoa, and then maybe over to Tireste.

Ushtari
05-15-2011, 09:00 PM
What if I am looking for an over all relaxing experience a lot of places to visit also some forest areas maybe some Mountainous terrains and maybe a beach or club here or there on the way.
Well Albania have all that

You have the mighty mountains, prehistoric sites, An example is Berat. In central and northern part you have km-long broad (fine)sand beaches, while in the south you have smaller but white beaches with clear turquoise-blue water.

Here you have some pics:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=338213&postcount=24
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=339897&postcount=26
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=388322&postcount=27
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=393517&postcount=28

GeistFaust
05-15-2011, 09:03 PM
Well Albania have all that

You have the mighty mountains, prehistoric sites, An example is Berat. In central and northern part you have km-long broad (fine)sand beaches, while in the south you have smaller but white beaches with clear turquoise-blue water.

Here you have some pics:
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=338213&postcount=24
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=339897&postcount=26
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=388322&postcount=27
http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showpost.php?p=393517&postcount=28

It looks very beautiful there might I have been thinking that I should try to stay a little further west and at the least try to visit some areas in Germany where my ancestors came from because I know there is some family over there I just don't know them personally. But I will definitely think about stretching my boundaries a little further to the east.

Winterwolf
05-15-2011, 09:04 PM
PS. don't go to Napoli!

You mean the Pirate port of Napoli :D I need to admit, I've never been south of Rome for a reason... maybe my northern Italian friends influenced me...

Rome, the eternal city, where decay, ancient glory and modernity are right next to each other, is magical.
A must have seen in life! I know northern Italians in particular don't like Rome very much, still I must say I loved it and I’m going to return someday - after all I threw a coin into the Fontana di Trevi.

Peyrol
05-15-2011, 09:04 PM
Why do you not want to go to Naples. I heard the North has many pleasant places I also wanted to see if I could get to the Alps. I think I might try to get to Southern Italy but I doubt it so during the trip I might try to stop through Florence, Milan, Turin, Genoa, and then maybe over to Tireste.

Napoli has a rate of robberies and pickpocketing equal to Cairo or Marrakech.

If you need suggestions about the destinations, I am happy to contribute. All the cities you named are great.

Rome would require minimum a week/ten days to be visited well.

Efim45
05-15-2011, 09:07 PM
HAhAhahahhaha Albania? I would say go to Germany, I went to Frankfurt and it was very nice. Vienna, Austria is also a nice place.

GeistFaust
05-15-2011, 09:07 PM
You mean the Pirate port of Napoli :D I need to admit, I've never been south of Rome for a reason...
Rome, the eternal city, where decay, ancient glory and modernity are right next to each other, is magical.
A must have seen in life! I know northern Italians in particular don't like Rome very much, still I must say I loved it and I’m going to return someday - after all I threw a coin into the Fontana di Trevi.

Yes well the only reason I would go South is to see if I could contact a very small part of the family from that area but I most definitely would like to visit Rome I have heard amazing things about it. But I have heard the North is full of many marvels.

GeistFaust
05-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Napoli has a rate of robberies and pickpocketing equal to Cairo or Marrakech.

If you need suggestions about the destinations, I am happy to contribute. All the cities you named are great.

Rome would require minimum a week/ten days to be visited well.

Yes are the robberies due to the gypsies in the area or is just a local problem. I have heard a lot about the gypsies in Italy and I also want to try to avoid the Turks in Germany. Yes that is the problem with visiting the bigger cities it would take some time from the trip. I am thinking it is best to get to know one area well or to get a little taste of everything if I really like an area I might try to stay longer. I probably plan for at least a month trip maybe three weeks.

Peyrol
05-15-2011, 09:11 PM
You mean the Pirate port of Napoli :D I need to admit, I've never been south of Rome for a reason... maybe my northern Italian friends influenced me...

Not all southerners are "bad", but surely Naples has a life cycle all its own.

The Neapolitans are like Turks: or they are more good, honest, loyal and sincere people in the world, or are the worst "camorristi" on the planet surface.

PS. Rome is Rome ... the Eternal City. For us non-roman italians, go to Rome minimum twice in life is a moral obligation.

EDIT: Napoli had the highest birth rate of the entire Italy..about 2-3 children per family. :laugh:

GeistFaust
05-15-2011, 09:15 PM
Not all southerners are "bad", but surely Naples has a life cycle all its own.

The Neapolitans are like Turks: or they are more good, honest, loyal and sincere people in the world, or are the worst "camorristi" on the planet surface.

PS. Rome is Rome ... the Eternal City. For us non-roman italians, go to Rome minimum twice in life is a moral obligation.

EDIT: Napoli had the highest birth rate of the entire Italy..about 2-3 children per family. :laugh:

Yes well I do see there are Mafia like gangs in the South that is just what I have seen from what I have read. That is good to hear their birthrate is so high. Perhaps they will be able to keep their culture in tact in the South and preserve a part of Europe along with that.

Winterwolf
05-15-2011, 09:17 PM
Yes well the only reason I would go South is to see if I could contact a very small part of the family from that area but I most definitely would like to visit Rome I have heard amazing things about it. But I have heard the North is full of many marvels.

I haven't been that often in Italy, yet. Only 3 times. I've been once in Mailand, as we Germans call it (Milano in Italian), in Turin and Rome. Can't tell you much about the countryside, because I haven't been there. Mailand is beautiful, but still Rome was the most impressive. I have to second Tribuno, one week isn't enough for Rome, you need at least 10 days.

But hey, Italians have hijacked this thread and took advantage of my foible for Italy! :mad:

GeistFaust
05-15-2011, 09:19 PM
I haven't been that often in Italy, yet. Only 3 times. I've been once in Mailand, as we Germans call it (Milano in Italian), in Turin and Rome. Can#t tell you much about the countryside, because I haven't been there. Mailand is beautiful, but still Rome was the most impressive. I have to second Tribuno, one week isn't enough for Rome, you need at least 10 days.

But hey, Italians have hijacked this thread and took advantage of my foible for Italy! :mad:

That is alright Winterwolf I am thinking I would like to visit Western Germany first off and maybe try to visit some parts of Eastern France and then head north and head to Denmark and maybe Sweden.

Peyrol
05-15-2011, 09:21 PM
Yes are the robberies due to the gypsies in the area or is just a local problem. I have heard a lot about the gypsies in Italy and I also want to try to avoid the Turks in Germany. Yes that is the problem with visiting the bigger cities it would take some time from the trip. I am thinking it is best to get to know one area well or to get a little taste of everything if I really like an area I might try to stay longer. I probably plan for at least a month trip maybe three weeks.

Yes well I do see there are Mafia like gangs in the South that is just what I have seen from what I have read. That is good to hear their birthrate is so high. Perhaps they will be able to keep their culture in tact in the South and preserve a part of Europe along with that.

Dangers aside, even Naples is still a beautiful city with a charm all its own ... the Neapolitan have a saying, "Vedi Napoli, e poi muori" (See Naples and die), because many foreigners, especially from the Anglo-Saxon world, literally fall in love with the city and not come back.
Mount Vesuvius is spectacular, the bay also ... and Pompeii is magical.

But, if is your first time in Italia, you have to see before the north and the centre.

Arne
05-15-2011, 09:22 PM

for Mountainbiking and nature.
Eifel, Schwarzwald,Bavaria, the area near to Switzerland.

Northgermany if you look up for real beaches.

If you want it more relaxed go to Bavaria, the Black Forest in Baden-Württemberg or the Baltic Sea coast in Mecklenburg-Vorpommern.
Hamburg
If you look up for a real big hanseatic city.
Very impressive.
Way more people live there than in Stuttgart or even Cologne.

Cologne
The City with one of the best Beers.
Kölner Dom
Kirchen
Has much culture.

Ibericus
05-15-2011, 09:24 PM
If you want you can visit the best counry in Europe, Spain.

Winterwolf
05-15-2011, 09:25 PM
Hm, well how long are you planing to stay?

The railway infrastructure is very good in Europe, no comparison to that one of the US, so you'll be able to switch the location quickly and comfortable.

For solely Western Germany I'd recommend Cologne and Stuttgart then. You need to return someday, because Berlin and Munich are also a must have seen. Full of culture, history and an excellent night life.

The eastern parts of Germany are also worthwhile like f.e. Leipzig, Dresden and Potsdam (the latter is right next to Berlin and full of Prussian glory :thumb001:) - there are also less Turks in the East! ;)

GeistFaust
05-15-2011, 09:29 PM
Hm, well how long are you planing to stay?

The railway infrastructure is very good in Europe, no comparison to that one of the US, so you'll be able to switch the location quickly and comfortable.

For solely Western Germany I'd recommend Cologne and Stuttgart then. You need to return someday, because Berlin and Munich are also a must have seen. Full of culture, history and an excellent night life.

I hope to stay as long as I can until I can not afford it anymore. I have also thought about trying to get up to Lower Saxony and seeing Hannover and Bremen then going through Diepholz where part of the family comes from. I have been thinking about maybe going to Munich during that time but I am wondering whether or not I should try to engage into the culture of one area and get to know it well or to just get a taste of everything.

Arne
05-15-2011, 09:31 PM
taste of everything.
Berlin
If you look up for everything. :D

GeistFaust
05-15-2011, 09:35 PM
Berlin
If you look up for everything. :D

Well what I meant by a taste of everything should I just stick in one region and just engage myself in one setting or visit many different areas and just experience a lot of different areas over a short time period.

Arne
05-15-2011, 09:39 PM
Well what I meant by a taste of everything should I just stick in one region and just engage myself in one setting or visit many different areas and just experience a lot of different areas over a short time period.

To get in Touch with Nature it´s nice to stay a while longer than to be thought.
I really wouldn´t advice East Germany to get a View from Germany.
Nothing bad against itself but not very structured.
Berlin the Place to be if loving Wogs,Turkics and Scum.

Cologne has not only the Dom i forgot to mention also the Mosquee :D
It´s impossible to get the Overview from a short period of staying.

Comte Arnau
05-15-2011, 09:41 PM

You'll certainly find all that in all Southern countries and in some Northern ones. Forget about central European countries, though.

Winterwolf
05-15-2011, 09:42 PM
I hope to stay as long as I can until I can not afford it anymore. I have also thought about trying to get up to Lower Saxony and seeing Hannover and Bremen then going through Diepholz where part of the family comes from. I have been thinking about maybe going to Munich during that time but I am wondering whether or not I should try to engage into the culture of one area and get to know it well or to just get a taste of everything.

Well, that's quite of a program you have there. For Lower Saxony Hannover is a fine place, Bremen another hanseatic city state, but beware of the “Mongols”, a big criminal Turkish wannabe rocker gang, which makes a lot of trouble there.

On your way south you need to visit Cologne, which is rich in culture and history and also has got a decent night life. The people there are also very friendly – you’ll have no problems making contacts there.

GeistFaust
05-15-2011, 09:42 PM
To get in Touch with Nature it´s nice to stay a while longer than to be thought.
I really wouldn´t advice East Germany to get a View from Germany.
Nothing bad against itself but not very structured.
Berlin the Place to be if loving Wogs,Turkics and Scum.

Cologne has not only the Dom i forgot to mention also the Mosquee :D
It´s impossible to get the Overview from a short period of staying.

Yes I want to stay away from the Muslims and Turks at all cost unless I have to shoot people. Maybe I can go over to Germany and bomb the Turkish neighborhoods to send them a message. :D But you are probably right to really get in touch with an area I might need to get to know the area for some time period.

GeistFaust
05-15-2011, 09:45 PM
Well, that's quite of a program you have there. For Lower Saxony Hannover is a fine place, Bremen another hanseatic city state, but beware of the “Mongols”, a big criminal Turkish wannabe rocker gang, which makes a lot of trouble there.

On your way south you need to visit Cologne, which is rich in culture and history and also has got a decent night life. The people there are also very friendly – you’ll have no problems making contacts there.

I do not like hearing about these Turkish gangs I don't understand why that sissy Merkel has not kicked them out yet. Anyway it sounds like Cologne is a very attractive place to visit. I would like to go to Weimar and the Thurginia forest but that might be a little to far east.

GeistFaust
05-15-2011, 09:46 PM
You'll certainly find all that in all Southern countries and in some Northern ones. Forget about central European countries, though.

Why will I not find it in Central European countries?

Comte Arnau
05-15-2011, 09:51 PM
Why will I not find it in Central European countries?

No sea, no beach. Unless you call beach those fake ones by rivers and lakes. :)

Gaztelu
05-15-2011, 10:05 PM

Basqueland has plenty of mountains, beaches, and nightlife. In August, you can go to Bilbao and San Sebastian for the week-long Aste Nagusia festivals, both of which attract people from all over Europe. It's worth visiting if you have the opportunity.

SwordoftheVistula
05-15-2011, 10:27 PM
I hope to stay as long as I can until I can not afford it anymore.

Yes I want to stay away from the Muslims and Turks at all cost.

In that case, I'd suggest revising your travel plans to eastern Europe, since the iterniary you have suggested so far is both the most expensive and most muslim/turk infested part of Europe. Eastern Europe is really nice, much cheaper, and not many foreigners.

If you like mountains/forests, I suggest Czech, Slovakia, southern & western Poland, and Transylvania. Much of this area used to be German as well, and thus has German history and architecture. If you get a rail pass, and stay in hostels, you could probably spend all summer there.

don't go to Napoli!

Yes, this city is a vile shithole, avoid it. Awful people, awful place.

Winterwolf
05-15-2011, 11:07 PM
Of course Germany is more expensive, after all we're a first world country ;)

It's true Western Germany is infested with Turks, Lebanese and so on, but still there are lots of places full of beauty, culture and history.
He can see Eastern Europe later, while he's got to hurry to see Germany still in it's full glory, before we'll become the Caliphate of New Turkey... :(

No sea, no beach. Unless you call beach those fake ones by rivers and lakes. :)

No real beaches, huh?

Rügen
http://www.ferienwohnung-ruegen-ostsee.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/insel-ruegen.jpg

Sylt
http://www.fastenwandern.info/images/gebiete/sylt.jpg

Random North Sea pic
http://www.claudia-schroeder.eu/blog/wp-content/T%C3%B6lchenanderSee.jpg

Random Baltic Sea pics
http://www.fastenwandern.info/images/gebiete/ostsee-2.jpg

http://images.interchalet.com/teaser/schleswig_holstein_ostsee_ferienhaus.jpg

Comte Arnau
05-16-2011, 11:37 PM
No real beaches, huh?

Rügen
http://www.ferienwohnung-ruegen-ostsee.de/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/insel-ruegen.jpg

Sylt
http://www.fastenwandern.info/images/gebiete/sylt.jpg

Random North Sea pic
http://www.claudia-schroeder.eu/blog/wp-content/T%C3%B6lchenanderSee.jpg

Random Baltic Sea pics
http://www.fastenwandern.info/images/gebiete/ostsee-2.jpg

http://images.interchalet.com/teaser/schleswig_holstein_ostsee_ferienhaus.jpg

I was talking about Central Europe, not Northern Europe. Switzerland, Austria or Czechia are not famous for their beaches.

SwordoftheVistula
05-17-2011, 12:05 AM
North Sea...Baltic Sea

Cold!

Who wants to go to the beach when it's frigid?

d3cimat3d
05-17-2011, 12:13 AM
Be sure to check out Scythia - as it was called in antiquity. Beautiful endless flat steppe with blue sky and puffy clouds.

Laubach
05-17-2011, 01:21 AM
If you like Mountains/forrests and Castle, I suggest Czech,Austria,France and Germany.

If you like night clubs,I suggest England(london), Spain(Barcelona), Holland(Amsterdam),Denmark(Kopenhagen) and France (Paris)

Fashion Model: Italian(Milano) and France(Paris)

If you like cars: Germany and Switzland(Genève)

Beachs:Greece and Italy!

The Lawspeaker
05-17-2011, 02:02 AM
If you like Mountains/forrests and Castle, I suggest Czech,Austria,France and Germany.
Switzerland too has some impressive forests, mountains and castles..

Laubach
05-17-2011, 02:19 AM
Yeah, i forgot the Alps

jerney
05-17-2011, 02:36 AM
HAhAhahahhaha Albania? I would say go to Germany, I went to Frankfurt and it was very nice. Vienna, Austria is also a nice place.

If someone wants to experience Germany I would never suggest going to Frankfurt. Frankfurt in general is a shithole full of immigrants and business people. There are so many other beautiful and amazing places to visit in Germany and if you want see what Germany really has to offer I would suggest avoiding Frankfurt.

The Lawspeaker
05-17-2011, 02:38 AM
Like when you visit the Netherlands the only place in Amsterdam you ought to visit is Amsterdam Airport Schiphol and it's train station. The rest is of that city is basically to be avoided.

GeistFaust
05-17-2011, 02:41 AM

If you like night clubs,I suggest England(london), Spain(Barcelona), Holland(Amsterdam),Denmark(Kopenhagen) and France (Paris)

Fashion Model: Italian(Milano) and France(Paris)

If you like cars: Germany and Switzland(Genève)

Beachs:Greece and Italy!

I think the whole mountain/forests and Castle parts of Europe seem like the areas I want to travel to I could do without the clubs. I think I might try to get to a beach either in Southern France Northern Italy or maybe hit one up in Northern Germany. They seem to have a lot of nice little quaint towns over in Germany with a lot of scenic and historical venues and areas to visit.

poiuytrewq0987
05-17-2011, 02:46 AM
You'd be far better suited to spend your tourist dollars in Serbia and Montenegro. We're pretty unique unlike your common and everyday tourist destinations that is Western Europe. Not to mention the stay would be far cheaper.

http://www.serbia.travel/
http://www.montenegro.travel/index_en.html

And to be quite honest, we've got it all. The sights, the good food, the girls, everything.

SwordoftheVistula
05-17-2011, 06:31 AM
If you like night clubs,I suggest England(london)

No way, everything closes early there. The subways close at midnight, and the clubs close at 1 AM.

The larger eastern European cities+Berlin all have excellent clubs, and they are open until 4 AM or later.

Falkata
05-17-2011, 07:32 AM
No way, everything closes early there. The subways close at midnight, and the clubs close at 1 AM.

The larger eastern European cities+Berlin all have excellent clubs, and they are open until 4 AM or later.

Is that considered late? Come to Spain and clubs will not close until 7-8 :D

Winterwolf
05-20-2011, 09:42 PM
I was talking about Central Europe, not Northern Europe. Switzerland, Austria or Czechia are not famous for their beaches.

I was talking about Germany and my country is situated in Central Europe.;)

Cold!

Who wants to go to the beach when it's frigid?

Nah, come on, that's exaggerated. In summer it's great at the North Sea and even more at the Baltic Sea - and the water is also much cleaner than that of the Mediterranean.

You can do clubbing in Germany with open end in major cities and even in many medium ones. It's not true that they close at 4 AM, some specialised clubs even don't open before 6 AM for those, who still don't have enough.

SwordoftheVistula
05-21-2011, 11:01 AM
Yeah, that's what I meant to say, 4 AM was the earliest I could recall one closing in Germany or eastern Europe. The ones in England all close early, at 1 AM or so.

Aces High
05-21-2011, 11:13 AM
I think the whole mountain/forests and Castle parts of Europe seem like the areas I want to travel to

Well its all here.

http://www.disneylandparis.it/index.xhtml

Fortis in Arduis
05-21-2011, 01:03 PM

Not true.

The party is continuous and runs through to Monday morning in London.

One place:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3080/3201965018_8fdb51f871.jpg

Night buses run 24 hours as do the ubiquitous black cabs.

This is but one nightclub with a 24 hour license:

http://www.areaclublondon.com/listings/index.php

Judging by the above and previous tales, I suspect that your trip to London consisted of flying into Stansted Airport and staying in a hostel 20 miles outside the centre or somewhere like Harrow. ;)

Wyn
05-21-2011, 01:25 PM
The ones in England all close early, at 1 AM or so.

A lot of clubs near me run on till 6 or 7 in the morning. :confused:

In fact, some of the pubs in my area don't even chuck out until 2am or later.

Treffie
05-21-2011, 03:33 PM
A lot of clubs near me run on till 6 or 7 in the morning. :confused:

In fact, some of the pubs in my area don't even chuck out until 2am or later.

Yep, we have 24 hour drinking even here in lil` ole` Wales :wink

SwordoftheVistula
05-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Might have been the club I went to. I went there to some club in Camden to meet another forum member, then went back the next weekend because I didn't have any better ideas where to go.

The subway system shuts down at midnight even on weekends, that much I remember for sure. Pretty damn lame. And the buses suck and take forever to get where you want to go.

Aces High
05-21-2011, 03:52 PM
I am thinking about visiting Europe this summer and I want to know some good countries to travel to as well as the cities in those countries. :cool:

1) Are you a loner or do you prefer company.
2) Do you prefer coastal towns or mountains or an urban enviroment.
3) Do you like hot countries or countries with a mild climate.
4) What country do your ancestors hail from and would you like to visit it.
5) How long do you intend to spend on holiday.
6) Do you speak any European languages other than English.
7) What would you most like to see in Europe.
8) Do you have unlimited funds or will you be staying at campsites etc.
9) Which countries do you prefer to visit.
10) Most important of all,will you be bringing along a beautifull younger sister.:D

Albion
05-22-2011, 10:16 AM

Start at Snowdonia in Wales, then to the Lake District or Yorkshire Dales in England, across the border and to the Scottish Highlands and then catch a flight from Glasgow to Norway and visit the Fjords along the West Coast. That'd be a nice trip.

Comte Arnau
05-22-2011, 02:10 PM
The ones in England all close early, at 1 AM or so.

Geez, 1 AM is when we start our night out here. :p

sydvice2
04-23-2012, 08:57 AM
france

sydvice2
04-23-2012, 08:58 AM
france and italy are my favorites

Beethoven
05-10-2012, 06:56 AM
Of course Germany is more expensive, after all we're a first world country
Germany is nice country. But probably not "world first"

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/8025/gdpfromwikipedia2010.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_(nominal)_per_capita

SilverKnight
05-10-2012, 08:10 AM
I heard Norway has beautiful paradisaical landscapes .

cossackpride
05-10-2012, 12:55 PM
First time in Europe I did Contiki.

Look for Last Minute Specials. That's the way to do it. Sometimes you'll get 5%, 10% or 25% off.

Especially in Western Europe - it's cheaper to do a package tour than to backpack on your own.

On Contiki I was cheap and would just take food from the free Breakfast / Lunch since I didn't want to pay $10+ for a typical British / French sandwhich which would cost $3 back home.

In Croatia - 2011 - someone back home found me a 80% off special. I paid $400 for a week's sailing in Croatia (I slept on boat and had free breakfast / lunch). Since the trip was cheap and fun, I did the same trip again but paid the Captain $300 (since there's no middle man he made a lot more money than the first time).

I was his son's roommate and they allowed me to drink all the beer I wanted for free.

I told a person or two how little I got the trip for and they weren't happy, hehe - cause they were all paying $1200+ through a middle man.

Pecheneg
05-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Italy.

Foxy
05-10-2012, 03:50 PM
I'd say the classic tour Spain-France-Italy. They are the most visited European countries in absolute. A good way to visit them in few time is a cruise of the Western Mediterranean or via continent if you prefer classical routes.

ficuscarica
05-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Everyone is simply going to suggest their own country.... really, it is impossible to make suggestions without more precise information on what you want.

Geminus
05-10-2012, 06:01 PM
Everyone is simply going to suggest their own country.... really, it is impossible to make suggestions without more precise information on what you want.

People could just visit Germany. :)

Aces High
05-10-2012, 06:15 PM
First time in Europe I did Contiki.

Look for Last Minute Specials. That's the way to do it. Sometimes you'll get 5%, 10% or 25% off.

Especially in Western Europe - it's cheaper to do a package tour than to backpack on your own.

On Contiki I was cheap and would just take food from the free Breakfast / Lunch since I didn't want to pay $10+ for a typical British / French sandwhich which would cost $3 back home.

In Croatia - 2011 - someone back home found me a 80% off special. I paid $400 for a week's sailing in Croatia (I slept on boat and had free breakfast / lunch). Since the trip was cheap and fun, I did the same trip again but paid the Captain $300 (since there's no middle man he made a lot more money than the first time).

I was his son's roommate and they allowed me to drink all the beer I wanted for free.

I told a person or two how little I got the trip for and they weren't happy, hehe - cause they were all paying $1200+ through a middle man.

So you could say that you fit into the class of tourist labeled......"Cheap but demanding".

cossackpride
05-10-2012, 06:17 PM
So you could say that you fit into the class of tourist labeled......"Cheap but demanding".

Not cheap. Britain doesn't have a real economy anymore, so you keep an artifically strong pound and gouge $10-$15 for a beer off tourists. :rolleyes:

Aces High
05-10-2012, 06:24 PM
Britain doesn't have a real economy anymore, so you keep an artifically strong pound and gouge $10-$15 for a beer off tourists. :rolleyes:

I see you havent visited Scandinavia then.....;)

cossackpride
05-10-2012, 06:27 PM
I see you havent visited Scandinavia then.....;)

Copenhagen was fine. Finland was actually cheaper than Canada (I live in one of Canada's most expensive cities). The prices in Norway / Sweden did keep me away though. Garbage like $50 a night for a crappy Dormitory Bed..

I guess they only want Arabs. :rolleyes:

Aces High
05-10-2012, 06:31 PM
The prices in Norway / Sweden did keep me away though.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah so you did go...yuk yuk.

Britian is like a pound shop compared to Norway and Sweden.......asking for a fucking beer in Norway involves selling your house and car.

Duke
05-10-2012, 06:34 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah so you did go...yuk yuk.

Britian is like a pound shop compared to Norway and Sweden.......asking for a fucking beer in Norway involves selling your house and car.

I heard lots of them up there illegally make moonshine because of that

Riki
05-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Portugal
13JzhYcS0mw

m34Wv-2yjQo

qt-T6Zbry98

cossackpride
05-10-2012, 06:39 PM

In Norway - I think you could be right.

Although I read the Danes go to Germany and sometimes Swedes will take a car ferry to Poland or the Baltic and cram their car full of liquor.

Aces High
05-10-2012, 06:42 PM

Then they go out disco dancing.......they sure know how to have a good time...:eek:

PeQpwQ1xgbI

Waidewut
05-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Typical tourism destinations in Western Europe are boring. I recommend visiting Eastern Europe as although the Iron curtain of communism has fallen 20 years ago- there are very much unexplored things left for tourists.

Duke
05-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Then they go out disco dancing.......they sure know how to have a good time...:eek:

PeQpwQ1xgbI

now I wont to visit Finland :D

cossackpride
05-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Typical tourism destinations in Western Europe are boring. I recommend visiting Eastern Europe as although the Iron curtain of communism has fallen 20 years ago- there are very much unexplored things left for tourists.

Language barrier can be an issue. There's a lot of musuems, I noticed, in Eastern Europe which wouldn't bother with English signs.. and yet the cafe in the musuem or just outside it has menus in English.. :rolleyes: :confused:

Paluga
05-10-2012, 07:13 PM
Ukraine or Russia. Greece and Germany are also good.

Peyrol
05-10-2012, 07:21 PM
We have 65% of all the world cultural heritage and no one picked Italy :lol00002:

cossackpride
05-10-2012, 07:22 PM
We have 65% of all the world cultural heritage and no one picked Italy :lol00002:

Too bad it's full of Eye-Talians...

Peyrol
05-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Too bad it's full of Eye-Talians...

...and ukrainians

Ucraina: 184.129 (Dicembre 2010)

:laugh:

Rastko
05-10-2012, 07:30 PM
I would say Croatia but kinda don't want majority of you coming here.

Sorry.

cossackpride
05-10-2012, 07:32 PM

Sorry.

Too late

Peyrol
05-10-2012, 07:35 PM

Sorry.

Too late: i went to Fiume/Rijeka and Spalato/Split many times :D

Geminus
05-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Not cheap. Britain doesn't have a real economy anymore, so you keep an artifically strong pound and gouge $10-$15 for a beer off tourists. :rolleyes:

In Germany you can get a beer case for that price :D

cossackpride
05-10-2012, 09:07 PM
Well I sometimes saw a Stein (the litre) for 4-6 Euros.. sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Comte Arnau
05-10-2012, 09:12 PM
All countries of Europe have some great things, whether it's from a cultural, natural or folkloric POV. My goal is visiting them all at least once. Only did half of them so far.

Graham
05-10-2012, 09:13 PM
In Germany you can get a beer case for that price :D

In the Uk you can get a couple of cases for £10 on deals. That's why the pub's are closing and people drink at home more often.

cossackpride
05-10-2012, 09:19 PM
In the Uk you can get a couple of cases for £10 on deals. That's why the pub's are closing and people drink at home more often.

That's what happened here. Government used Alcohol (esp. public Alcohol) as a cash cow for various social programs.

Dilberth
05-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Too late: i went to Fiume/Rijeka and Spalato/Split many times :D

:rolleyes:
Do you say Agram when you come to Zagreb?

Vasconcelos
05-13-2012, 01:55 AM
Is there any European country which isn't nice to visit? :)

Arne
05-13-2012, 03:00 AM
Is there any European country which isn't nice to visit? :)
Yes, Spain with cold weather

Jack B
05-13-2012, 03:04 AM
Ireland has some nice places I guess ;)

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2012, 09:59 AM
Ireland has some nice places I guess ;)
But shitty weather. :D It's the same here.

Jack B
05-13-2012, 12:16 PM

haha yeah it can go from sunny to shit and back again 20 times during the day.

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2012, 12:17 PM
haha yeah it can go from sunny to shit and back again 20 times during the day.
4 seasons in 2 minutes. ;)

Arne
05-13-2012, 12:18 PM
4 seasons in 2 minutes. ;)

It won´t turn that fast in the Netherlands i guess.

Vasconcelos
05-13-2012, 12:19 PM

Don't see any problem with it, there's more to Spain than just beaches. :tongue

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2012, 12:19 PM
It won´t turn that fast in the Netherlands i guess.
No that's Ireland. Here it is 4 seasons in 5 minutes. :D

Arne
05-13-2012, 12:20 PM
No that's Ireland. Here it is 4 seasons in 5 minutes. :D

That´s hard to imagine.

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2012, 12:21 PM
That´s hard to imagine.
I live here. Try the coast. :D

poiuytrewq0987
05-13-2012, 12:26 PM
Macedonia. Great food, girls and sights to see :wink

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/file/show/Images/Photo%20Features/Skopje%202014%20Updated/1%20The%2022%20meters%20tall%20statue%20of%20Alexa nder%20the%20Great%20on%20the%20central%20square.J PG

Virtuous
05-13-2012, 12:27 PM
Don't visit Malta, Malta je Arabija, Malta sucks.

The Lawspeaker
05-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Reminds me to visit Malta. One of my friends loves the place and she spent half a year there.

Graham
05-13-2012, 12:35 PM
That´s hard to imagine.

It happens here. Being the windiest place in Europe. The clouds can come and go in five minutes. North Sea and North Atlantic weather.

Phoenix
05-13-2012, 12:41 PM
Balearic Islands, I've never been there, but it looks so beautiful! nice beaches and a lot of party :P
http://www.viajes.es/europa/espana/islas-baleares/islas-baleares-ibiza-l2.jpg

Virtuous
05-13-2012, 01:18 PM
The only reasons I love my country are the Sea/Seaside/Beaches and nightlife close to them.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6110/6339525589_ab3d75923b_z.jpg

http://newmedian.thebeachfrontclub.com/www/upload/thumbnails/Island_of_Malta_Melieha_Mellieha_Bay_Hote__Overvie w_at_night_1_d0ad72cab891a79b4efb48e137d572a7_600x 400.jpg?

http://content.lowcostholidays.com/DataObjects/LocalResort/Image/image_174_1_v5.jpg

http://www.holidayletsmaltagozo.com/images/content/3/mellieha%20bay%20by%20night%20with%20garden.jpg

http://aff.bstatic.com/images/hotel/org/609/609496.jpg

V Following pictures are close to where I live V

http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/commons/thumb/e/e5/Sliema_Strandpromenade%2C_Malta.jpg/250px-Sliema_Strandpromenade%2C_Malta.jpg

http://www.beachcomberpete.com/travelogue/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Pacevilles-Spinola-Bay-Malta.jpg

http://malta.cc/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/st-julians-malta-paceville.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5041/5356643259_8cd25d69e5.jpg

http://images.travelpod.com/users/twittg/1998.1309341038.nightlife-in-paceville.jpg

Peyrol
05-13-2012, 01:20 PM

Malta is a great place!

Virtuous
05-13-2012, 01:23 PM
Malta is a great place!

Grazie aprezzo, anche l Italia e bella :).

Rouxinol
05-13-2012, 01:34 PM
It depends on what the traveller is looking for. If he wants to experience the most of European culture without having to travel around many countries, I'd suggest either France or Italy, or both.

Culture, beach, food, overall mild climate, diversity of landscapes: Spain and Portugal.

For those looking for cheap food, accomodation, nightlife and easy sex I'd suggest eastern Europe (personally I hate that people go there for these reasons, but it's the main reason so many college students here choose eastern Europe for interrail travels).

Virtuous
05-13-2012, 01:38 PM
It depends on what the traveller is looking for. If he wants to experience the most of European culture without having to travel around many countries, I'd suggest either France or Italy, or both.

Culture, beach, food, overall mild climate, diversity of landscapes: Spain and Portugal.

For those looking for cheap food, accomodation, nightlife and easy sex I'd suggest eastern Europe (personally I hate that people go there for these reasons, but it's the main reason so many college students here choose eastern Europe for interrail travels).

Why thanks for piling my beautiful pictures > : [

Wildland
05-13-2012, 02:53 PM
The only reasons I love my country are the Sea/Seaside/Beaches and nightlife close to them.

How modern is Malta? I'm afraid to suspect that no modernization have taken place on hotels and shops.
Does it look as the 60's?

Damião de Góis
05-13-2012, 08:03 PM

I think i saw the sun once in Amsterdam, but i'm not sure if i remember right. :D
I was there one week.

Comte Arnau
05-13-2012, 08:12 PM

In fact it's with cold weather when Spain is really interesting. When it's hot in the summer, there are too many tourists. :p

Virtuous
05-14-2012, 09:09 AM
How modern is Malta? I'm afraid to suspect that no modernization have taken place on hotels and shops.
Does it look as the 60's?

There are many old fashioned flats due to the Socialist era of Malta, it's not that Malta is not modern, depends on the area where you are living in.I live in a 4 story house (including roof and garage) and I find it pretty standard, not too modern and not too old, it was built in the 80's, like almost all the houses here in my neighborhood.I live in the outskirts btw.

Today many houses, specially the oldest ones are being demolished to replace them with modern apartments, unfortunately contractors do this continously without giving a shit about the impact on the environment, most of these apartments are unfinished and waiting to be sold.

Archduke
05-16-2012, 02:13 PM

Sorry.

Why? Croatia is awesome. I was there several times. Anyway i think Bulgaria is very good for tourists. Bulgaria is kinda underrated, not because it is my coutnry.

Il Principe
05-16-2012, 02:19 PM
As someone who has seen much of Europe before, I would personally recommend Austria, Northern Italy, the Netherlands, and (especially for the summer) the sunlit coasts of Southern France. I enjoyed all these countries, and look forward to visiting again.

Peyrol
05-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Lol Ukraine good country to visit?

What there is to see, nuclear wasteland and immense corn fields?

Albion
05-16-2012, 06:20 PM

Crimea and the Carpathians would probably be nice. Much of it is endless corn fields as you say though, but then again a lot of areas of Europe have become like that.

Peyrol
05-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Crimea and the Carpathians would probably be nice. Much of it is endless corn fields as you say though, but then again a lot of areas of Europe have become like that.

But Crimea is culturally and historically a meltin pot' of russians, ukrainians, tartars, greeks, etc. (there were also, until 1950, a historical genovese community).

Albion
05-16-2012, 07:03 PM
But Crimea is culturally and historically a meltin pot' of russians, ukrainians, tartars, greeks, etc. (there were also, until 1950, a historical genovese community).

Indeed, but the landscape looks good. The real Ukrainians are in the NW of the country though, the SE is Russian now.

Beethoven
06-06-2012, 06:01 PM
Russians come in Crimea only 100-150 years ago. 100 years ago 95% ppl in crimea wasnt russians

RoyBatty
06-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Russians come in Crimea only 100-150 years ago. 100 years ago 95% ppl in crimea wasnt russians

What bs you write :rolleyes2:
It was already Russian in 10th Century.

RoyBatty
06-06-2012, 06:07 PM

The Crimea is awesome, you can go look at Genoese Fortresses in Balaklava. :) I have been there.

I didn't like Kiev so much.

Incal
06-07-2012, 10:47 PM
In fact it's with cold weather when Spain is really interesting. When it's hot in the summer, there are too many tourists. :p

And that means more women.

Vasconcelos
06-07-2012, 10:49 PM
And that means more women.

..and less cloths.

rareswega
06-14-2012, 08:05 AM

I recomend you Romania, as Prince Charles does it.

bUtaLeQqB40

Peyrol
06-14-2012, 09:21 AM
The Crimea is awesome, you can go look at Genoese Fortresses in Balaklava. :) I have been there.

I didn't like Kiev so much.

Northern Italians have made good al the place they ruled. :cool:

LouisFerdinand
04-15-2017, 11:25 PM
Budapest, Hungary and Vienna, Austria