PDA

View Full Version : documentary on white Jamaicans

deffender
05-17-2011, 04:43 PM
this is a trailer to a documentary on white and Asian Jamaicans.
it seems like it covers the subject of white slavery and indentured servitude in the Caribbean as well.

uqEMH4vMp4

link
http://youtu.be/_uqEMH4vMp4

Efim45
05-17-2011, 05:13 PM
That is an oxymoron. Jamaicans are negroes.

Eldritch
05-17-2011, 06:09 PM
^ Well, did you watch the video?

Bloodeagle
05-17-2011, 06:10 PM

There are white Jamaicans, as well as other white Caribbeans. Didn't you watch the video?

deffender
05-17-2011, 08:31 PM

watch the trailer you will see examples of white Jamaicans

Efim45
05-17-2011, 08:33 PM
Too me a Jamaican is black. I have yet to see the video, but whenever in my brain Jamaican=african

deffender
05-17-2011, 09:39 PM
Too me a Jamaican is black. I have yet to see the video, but whenever in my brain Jamaican=african

yes and this is the reason there was a documentary made about the very few who are not black. it would not be a very interesting documentary if it was titled black Jamaicans

Bloodeagle
05-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Are their more white Jamaicans than the Chinese Jamaicans? I have also heard of Hindus in Jamaica. :)

Bloodeagle
05-17-2011, 09:50 PM

If Jamaica=Africa then one could say that America=Europe, we know that this statement is not entirely true. :)

deffender
05-18-2011, 05:08 AM
Are their more white Jamaicans than the Chinese Jamaicans? I have also heard of Hindus in Jamaica. :)

i would say chinese and white are about equal they are both aroubnd 1 percent of the jamaican populace but chinese are more visible. they are more diverse in there demogrpahics threw class and they are known as shop keepers and have contact with all levels of society.
and yes the largest minority in jamaica aside from mixed race people are east indian jamaicans i have interviews and a whole segment dedicated to there history

_______
05-21-2011, 12:27 PM
their noses are v. wide and flat. they are clearly 'white' but they don't look european.

deffender
05-21-2011, 08:46 PM
their noses are v. wide and flat. they are clearly 'white' but they don't look european.

well i do not know if it is fair to say someone is not white based on there nose but there are a couple of Jamaicans in the trailer of direct european blood.
but it is about all minority groups in Jamaica not just those who are purely white.
But yes they are not European they are all Jamaican some of whom are of european ethnic and racial heritage.