PDA

View Full Version : An announcment

woody
03-08-2009, 03:34 AM
Heilsa all!

I just wanted to announce that I'm the new NC Folkbuilder of the AFA. I'm excited about it, since it is something that I do anyway. I'm already working on some events for NC. :thumb001:

Aemma
03-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Heilsa all!

I just wanted to announce that I'm the new NC Folkbuilder of the AFA. I'm excited about it, since it is something that I do anyway. I'm already working on some events for NC. :thumb001:

Congratulations to you Woody! How very exciting! Good luck with all of your Folkbuilding endeavours. Great news indeed! :)

Let us know how things go and what's cooking in terms of Folkbuilding in your area with respect to initiatives. This is all part of European preservationism as well. :thumb001:

Congrats again Woody and cheers to you! Hail the Dooers for their Folk!

:)...Aemma

Psychonaut
03-08-2009, 03:42 AM
Congrats! Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did.

Gooding
03-08-2009, 03:43 AM
Heilsa all!

Fantastic news! Frey,Tyr and Odin aid you in your efforts to build our Folk in your region!:cool::D:thumb001:

woody
03-08-2009, 03:46 AM
Congrats! Hopefully you'll have better luck than I did.

Hawaii is a tough place, for obvious reasons. I'm co-founder of our local fellowship, and we have networked with other groups in the state. I've also contacted several individual Heathens and more recently, been contacted by several closer to my home that I didn't know were around. I also have 3 Troth members that may be joining AFA with dual membership in the near future. Already, things are picking up, or rather, continuing to pick up. I'm fortunate to be surrounded by Heathens that contribute, rather than asking what can be done for them.

Sigurd
03-08-2009, 06:49 PM
I also have 3 Troth members that may be joining AFA with dual membership in the near future.

Do take into account though that you should examine first whether they are willing to give enough commitment to your group, beyond their Troth loyalties. If they're only there to "collect badges", then you'd soon find that you have too many people who never do aught for the kindred, because they don't have the time to uphold commitment to two orgs to satisfactory levels. Therefore when you approach people who would be holding dual membership - do not place high expectations in them --- they can always outperform those low expectations. :wink

Other than that, congratulations to this position and all the best in effectively rounding up local contacts to form a dynamic kindred. :thumbs up

Groenewolf
03-11-2009, 06:09 PM
Heilsa all!

Congrationlations. But was does a Folkbuilder mean?

Baron Samedi
03-11-2009, 06:21 PM
Do take into account though that you should examine first whether they are willing to give enough commitment to your group, beyond their Troth loyalties. If they're only there to "collect badges", then you'd soon find that you have too many people who never do aught for the kindred, because they don't have the time to uphold commitment to two orgs to satisfactory levels. Therefore when you approach people who would be holding dual membership - do not place high expectations in them --- they can always outperform those low expectations. :wink

Other than that, congratulations to this position and all the best in effectively rounding up local contacts to form a dynamic kindred. :thumbs up

So would you say the same for those that hold dual AFA/OR memberships?

Just curious.

Baron Samedi
03-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Congrationlations. But was does a Folkbuilder mean?

Means buildin up dem folk!

Collecting like-minded heathens with considerable Germanic from a certain geographical area for blots, sumbels, etc....

Tribe building, in a sense.

Red Skull
03-11-2009, 06:27 PM
I hope AFA doesn't stand for Anti-Fascist Action. That's what AFA means in Sweden. :P

Congratulations woody!

Baron Samedi
03-11-2009, 06:29 PM
I hope AFA doesn't stand for Anti-Fascist Action. That's what AFA means in Sweden. :P

Congratulations woody!

Asatru Folk Assembly

www.runestone.org

Sigurd
03-16-2009, 12:13 AM
So would you say the same for those that hold dual AFA/OR memberships?

Just curious.

Yes I have always said and would always say the same for people who hold dual AFA/OR memberships.

Dual membership per se is not contemptible, but I would expect those who did hold them to give prime loyalty to the OR and their dual membership to be mainly logistical.

And if people are sworn by oath of profession to another group, then it's kind of obvious that their loyalty should be with the group they've sworn themselves to and shouldn't really be seeking to collect another badge.

The OR is about activity, not numbers. :wink

Gooding
03-16-2009, 01:50 AM
Asatru Folk Assembly..good job well done,Woody! :)