The Lawspeaker
01-29-2019, 09:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAXPIhnQocM

It's time for facts.

JohnSmith
01-29-2019, 10:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAXPIhnQocM

It's time for facts.

Anglos helped build infrastructure in India. We also promoted education for India; Gandhi was a successful educated Lawyer who was educated in the UK.

The Lawspeaker
01-29-2019, 10:20 PM
I agree. But listen to it first and come back later.

hanza
01-29-2019, 10:22 PM
Anglos helped build infrastructure in India. We also promoted education for India; Gandhi was a successful educated Lawyer who was educated in the UK.

When you show someone that he can get more, chances are that's what he will try to do.

Thorns
01-29-2019, 10:25 PM
I thought you were a proud swarthy blacktino Arab

JohnSmith
01-29-2019, 10:29 PM
I agree. But listen to it first and come back later.

I did listen to some of it I do not have the time to listen to the whole things right now. However, it seems to be an Anti-Anglo video ,, maybe I am wrong but based on what I heard it sounds that way.

JohnSmith
01-29-2019, 10:30 PM

LOL, I will not sell out my own people. I live in the USA I am an Anglo I love my country. So what if I am a swarthy bastard,lol.

Sebastianus Rex
01-29-2019, 10:31 PM

He is counter current...if you say whites are the best then he defends "minorities", if yoy say whites only did shit the he comes with posts like the one you quoted.

JohnSmith
01-29-2019, 10:32 PM
He is counter current...if you say whites are the best then he defends "minorities", if yoy say whites only did shit the he comes with posts like the one you quoted.

I love everyone,however, I never bash Anglos and Italians. I am a defender of them as they are my peoples.

Sebastianus Rex
01-29-2019, 10:36 PM
I love everyone.

Everyone loves you back. xD

Sebastianus Rex
01-29-2019, 10:41 PM
I love everyone,however, I never bash Anglos and Italians. I am a defender of them as they are my peoples.

You are a tribalist afterall...shit you might even become a good nationalist someday. xD

JohnSmith
01-29-2019, 10:45 PM
You are a tribalist afterall...shit you might even become a good nationalist someday. xD

I believe in fair and equality for all but I am still proud of my heritage. I do not want to derail this thread so I digress.

frankhammer
01-29-2019, 10:50 PM
No one cares.

Dick
01-29-2019, 10:51 PM
https://images.alko.fi/images/cs_srgb,f_auto,t_medium/cdn/785516/shepherd-neame-india-pale-ale.jpg

Phenix
01-29-2019, 10:52 PM
Mughal and Brits destroyed India entirely, current Indian culture is a corruption of what it used to be.

So what if I am a swarthy bastard,lol.

You don't look swarthy, what makes you say so?

JohnSmith
01-29-2019, 10:57 PM
Mughal and Brits destroyed India entirely, current Indian culture is a corruption of what it used to be.

You don't look swarthy, what makes you say so?

Because it makes me feel better to not be a dry ass cracker that cannot dance with a small d**k.

Thorns
01-29-2019, 11:33 PM
Because it makes me feel better to not be a dry ass cracker that cannot dance with a small d**k.

When describing me you mustn't forget about the skid marks. I also have poop stains on my sc00by d00 tighty whiteys.

JohnSmith
01-29-2019, 11:36 PM
When describing me you mustn't forget about the skid marks. I also have poop stains on my sc00by d00 tighty whiteys.

We all learned something today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntw4WV2Ic6c

Thorns
01-29-2019, 11:38 PM
We all learned something today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ntw4WV2Ic6c
Are you a female lion?

JohnSmith
01-29-2019, 11:39 PM
Are you a female lion?

I wish, LOL.

Dick
01-30-2019, 12:06 AM
I wish, LOL.

No more soy lattes for you today.

Profileid
01-30-2019, 12:54 AM
I'm gonna watch the first 20 minutes or so and see where it goes. IDK how many ppl u think are actually gonna watch all of that.

Thambi
01-30-2019, 02:57 AM
Ok interesting video. Thanks for posting this. Made me realize that the english rule did benefit indian subcontinent a bit with textiles, english language, democracy, education to an extent. I watched the first 30 mins and then just skimmed through the rest.

In the video he says that uniting diverse set of people is actually more of a negative asset to the economy and yet points out that post independence the subcontinent couldn't hold the territory due to clashes and he proudly says that british rule helped them unite. That seems hypocritical and counter intuitive given that he argued the opposite towards the end. So if this large landmass wasn't in one group, India could have been better off, have better gdp per capita divided into small regions and worry less about massive population, territory etc. By the 1950s, most of the world would have gotten out of the local feudalist type government and have had some some form of unification, annexation with less conflicts.

He made it seem like british were doing a HUGE favor lol. Sure they helped a bit, but a lot of those changes were being brought in the entire world as with time people just emerge out of the traditional societies. We could have had so much potential with railroads and roads and infrastructure starting from scratch. But even till now indians still use the british railroads and the slow ass vintage trains to travel long distances because there was no potential to grow and expand. Recently with some japanese help, Indian and japanese engineers are able to put up metro trains in india in most major cities and projects have started for bullet trains. (BTW, don't think that taking japanese help means india has no intelligence. Even chinese and japanese were influenced heavily with russian and french technology with their bullet trains). Also, The highways, expressways have gotten a lot better. Same happened with china which took off with industrialization in early 80s post the revolution while India due to the large diverse set of people it combined they still have conflicts today.

I mean british themselves caused people like nehru, gandhi, jinnah to emerge and split on the name of religion. South asia before the british rule had hindus and muslims living next to each other and still are in India lol. The kashmir issue is still going on today and it became an issue in the first place post independence due to the british. Mughals were weak anyways and marathas were in dominance around the time when british took over. Northern and southern india would have been split. The muslims dominated regions of nw, modern day pakistan, would have become their own region or become part of afghanistan. There would be no NE indian and kashmir territorial anamalies had it not been for british.

Also, India lacks proper infrastructure I agree, but its economy is no where close to being bad. Its growing very well in recent years with 7-8% growth RATE which beats that of China and pretty much all large economies of the world. He makes it seem like post independece the entire subcontinent has fragmented into pieces and its heading nowhere or something.

Excluding all of that, they came into a foreign land and started meddling with internal matters. That alone is enough to hurt the sentiments and destabilize that massive region.

And they did cover more than the area of subcontinent covered during the british raj. Mauryan empire got a huge part of afghanistan.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-5486540de6e988ab93471ae57b9748aa-c

arkas
01-30-2019, 03:49 AM
Would've been good if Britain didn't leave India in the state it did, they should've further divided the country up and not left behind this giant country with a fake identity.

Imagine an alien race coming into Europe and uniting all Europeans under one flag, terrible.

Anyways, that video is way too long but I love how the comment section has so many White people talking about supposed White-hating Brown people, claiming they complain about the colonial history, as opposed to there being mostly actual Brown people in the comments complaining about it. There are plently of Indians who appreciate the colonial history, the history is well preserved and anything British built in India is held in high regard from what I know, it is a minority of LOUD extremists who feel otherwise. Alas, some people, mainly the anti-SJW and pro-White online crowd just love believing in a certain narrative that everything is anti-White.

Óttar
01-30-2019, 04:05 AM
I have an M.A. in Indian Studies. I speak Hindi and I studied Sanskrit for three years, one of which was in India, taught by Brahmin women. I always say I'm glad it was the British who colonized India. If it had been the Spaniards or Portuguese, Hinduism could have been wiped out, or at least, greatly weakened. East India Company-men patronized many Hindu temples and festivals, so it is not completely Black-and-White. They also overthrew the Mughals.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-afbd21e87af5165a6351011d1cc0003a

Óttar
01-30-2019, 04:19 AM
Imagine an alien race coming into Europe and uniting all Europeans under one flag, terrible.

:whistle:

https://www.gettysburgflag.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/thumbnail/520x416/602f0fa2c1f0d1ba5e241f914e856ff9/d/o/download_1.png

Profileid
01-30-2019, 04:21 AM
No fucking regrets.
https://cdn.brainpop.com/socialstudies/worldhistory/britishempire/screenshot1.png

arkas
01-30-2019, 04:32 AM
I have an M.A. in Indian Studies. I speak Hindi and I studied Sanskrit for three years, one of which was in India, taught by Brahmin women. I always say I'm glad it was the British who colonized India. If it had been the Spaniards or Portuguese, Hinduism could have been wiped out, or at least, greatly weakened. East India Company-men patronized many Hindu temples and festivals, so it is not completely Black-and-White. They also overthrew the Mughals.

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-afbd21e87af5165a6351011d1cc0003a

The Portuguese were actually welcomed in some parts of India to some extent, they helped some kingdoms from the more barbaric Arabs who also were trying to enslave Indians. almost liberators the Portuguese were.

Interestingly, the few majority Christian communities in India are much more developed and people tend to be more civilised than Hindus and Muslims, probably thanks to the Portuguese.

No fucking regrets.
https://cdn.brainpop.com/socialstudies/worldhistory/britishempire/screenshot1.png

Lol aren't you an American?

Tauromachos
01-30-2019, 05:15 AM
The Indians gave British their Tea.

Profileid
01-30-2019, 06:35 AM
Lol aren't you an American?

my ancestors were citizens of the british empire.

arkas
01-30-2019, 06:40 AM
my ancestors were citizens of the british empire.

So were millions, join the club.

My great great grandpa was actually a chef and cooked for the King. :p

The Lawspeaker
01-30-2019, 07:02 AM
It's funny that I sometimes get similar comments from Indonesian friends: "Don't tell anyone I said this but.... we should never have thrown you out !"

Armenian Bishop
01-30-2019, 09:04 AM
Geez! What's this about not having enough patience to watch a long video, with a lot of thoughtful information? Yea, I watched the whole enchilada.

The title is misleading, and it makes a strong and convincing point by point case for the positive economic influence of Britain, in Colonial India. He did a lot of research to debunk the opposing viewpoint.

Autrigón
01-30-2019, 09:45 AM

https://qph.fs.quoracdn.net/main-qimg-afbd21e87af5165a6351011d1cc0003aPortugal had colonies in India since 1505...

Sebastianus Rex
01-30-2019, 11:56 AM
Portugal had colonies in India since 1505...

Portuguese colonies in India, especially Goa (the most important) was converted to catholicism in a significant degree. Even today the majority of native Goans, wich are already a minority in that territory, are catholic and consider themselves Portuguese not Indian, and resent that Goa had been transformed into a caothic hippie brothel by the Indian government.

Óttar
01-30-2019, 01:21 PM
Portuguese colonies in India, especially Goa (the most important) was converted to catholicism in a significant degree. Even today the majority of native Goans, wich are already a minority in that territory, are catholic and consider themselves Portuguese not Indian, and resent that Goa had been transformed into a caothic hippie brothel by the Indian government.

This is basically the same phenomenon as those "Turks" who look just as brown and have about the same phenotypical traits as every other Indian. Goan Catholics wear Indian clothing, are brown, and are Indian in everything, but their religion. This sort of thing also happens with Indians taking English names.

Óttar
01-30-2019, 01:37 PM
Portugal had colonies in India since 1505...

Sure, but they hardly had the same territorial reach as the British.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/9c/Map_of_Portuguese_India.png/400px-Map_of_Portuguese_India.png

arkas
01-30-2019, 07:26 PM

This is basically the same phenomenon as those "Turks" who look just as brown and have about the same phenotypical traits as every other Indian. Goan Catholics wear Indian clothing, are brown, and are Indian in everything, but their religion. This sort of thing also happens with Indians taking English names.

Wtf Catholic Indians do NOT consider themsleves Portuguese, they have Portuguese surnames only because they took them on during the period along with converting to Christianity. My mum is a Catholic Indian, never in my life have I heard that before.

If they consider themselves Portugese they probably are mixed race, descended from Luso Indians.