PDA

View Full Version : Greek mentality. Eastern or Western?

poiuytrewq0987
05-20-2011, 08:29 AM
Which mentality do you think is most similar to the Greeks'?

Ushtari
05-20-2011, 08:34 AM
Haemusan

Lábaru
05-20-2011, 08:51 AM
/Kosovo je Serbia+Aherne mode On

The ancient Greeks, blonde Aryans, had Western mentality, current Greeks, dark and Turks in general, they have Eastern mentality.

/Kosovo je Serbia+Aherne mode Off

Turkophagos
05-20-2011, 10:06 AM
A mix of Balkan and Mediterranean mentality (which are not that different to begin with). I'd call it "southern" mentality.

SwordoftheVistula
05-20-2011, 10:09 AM
Mentality seems closest to Italians and other southern Europeans

Debaser11
05-20-2011, 10:35 AM
I think the Med/Northern mentality in Europe seems to be deeper than the West/East divide. From what I gather from listening to people talk, the West/East divide is eroding as the EU snatches up European states (and then proceeds to ruin them).

But anyways, I think the Greeks definitely align with the Med thinking and sensibility.

Peyrol
05-20-2011, 10:41 AM
Mentality seems closest to Italians and other southern Europeans

I would say closest to southern italians. Maybe because most part of southerners have greek ancestors.

poiuytrewq0987
05-20-2011, 10:46 AM
I would say closest to southern italians. Maybe because most part of southerners have greek ancestors.

Yeah, better just hand back Magna Graecia to Greece.

mymy
05-20-2011, 10:49 AM
A mix of Balkan and Mediterranean mentality (which are not that different to begin with). I'd call it "southern" mentality.

I think the same based on my experience from Greece. In general, loud and cheerful people.

Peyrol
05-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Yeah, better just hand back Magna Graecia to Greece.

First they have to return the money that we paid last year for their crisis.:coffee:

poiuytrewq0987
05-20-2011, 10:57 AM
First they have to return the money that we paid last year for their crisis.:coffee:

You mean the money you have been exploiting off Magna Graecia? :no:

http://www.corriereuniv.it/cms/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/MagnaGraecia.jpg

Peyrol
05-20-2011, 11:11 AM
You mean the money you have been exploiting off Magna Graecia? :no:

:D:D:D

Pirro "basileus" of Epiro invades Italy with elephants.

http://www.beppegrillo.it/immagini/Pirro.jpg
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/180565_201814909834020_123054131043432_944020_9185 75_n.jpg

jerney
05-20-2011, 07:48 PM
I think the Med/Northern mentality in Europe seems to be deeper than the West/East divide. From what I gather from listening to people talk, the West/East divide is eroding as the EU snatches up European states (and then proceeds to ruin them).

But anyways, I think the Greeks definitely align with the Med thinking and sensibility.

I don't really agree with that, at least not on a personal level. I'd definitely feel a bigger cultural gap when around say, a Russian or Ukrainian, than I would an Italian or Spaniard. I feel more familiar with a western European, southern or not, than I do an slavic east European

Sikeliot
05-20-2011, 07:51 PM
I'll agree with what some of you have said.. Greeks seem similar in mentality and mannerisms to their cousins, the Magna Graecians. ;)

mymy
05-20-2011, 07:52 PM
I don't really agree with that, at least not on a personal level. I'd definitely feel a bigger cultural gap when around say, a Russian or Ukrainian, than I would an Italian or Spaniard. I feel more familiar with a western European, southern or not, than I do an slavic east European

East Slavic culture is different than South Slavic too. I feel less difference between us and Italians than between us and Russians... And also less difference between us and West Slavs than us and East Slavs.

Hess
05-20-2011, 07:57 PM
East Slavic culture is different than South Slavic too. I feel less difference between us and Italians than between us and Russians.

really? as someone who is culturally Russian, I personally find it easier to get along with Croats and Serbs than with Italians :coffee:

Comte Arnau
05-20-2011, 07:59 PM
At world level, western. At European level, south-eastern.

mymy
05-20-2011, 08:07 PM
really? as someone who is culturally Russian, I personally find it easier to get along with Croats and Serbs than with Italians :coffee:

I find it easy to get along with most of Europeans... It is not hard if you are ready to listen and understand ;)
It is also individual thing... .

By the way, Serbs and Croats are definitely closer to Russians than Italian are close to Russians. But I'm not sure if Russians are closer to South Slavs more than Italians (or Greek for example or Hungarian for example). We share Slavic roots with East Slavs of course, but we had different cultural and historical moments.

And no, I don't have anything against East Slavs, they are our Slavic brothers and same respect to them like to all European nations, we have same Slavic roots, similar languages and culture till some point with them, this is just little observation.

Äike
05-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Orthodox-Christians are all Eastern. But I'd say that a Catholic Slav, like a Slovak, is as Eastern as a Greek person. The Slavic factor and the Orthodox factor even each other out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Orthodox_Church

W. R.
05-20-2011, 09:29 PM
But I'd say that a Catholic Slav, like a Slovak, is as Eastern as a Greek person.Will you define 'Eastern'?

The same question goes to Forget Me Not.

Comte Arnau
05-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Eastern European: Greco-Cyrillic alphabet + Orthodox Christianism.

It would part from the Great Schism, 11th century.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/67/Great_Schism_1054_with_former_borders.png/560px-Great_Schism_1054_with_former_borders.png

poiuytrewq0987
05-20-2011, 11:21 PM
Will you define 'Eastern'?

The same question goes to Forget Me Not.

https://thebrightestman.wikispaces.com/file/view/coldwar.gif/76280507/coldwar.gifWell, I'm talking about the mentality of Hellenes whose behavior and attitude might be more similar to per Cold War standards. The reason why I bring up the Cold War is because the period which was initiated by the Germans split Europe so deeply with democracy in the West and Communism in the East.

Greece became part of the Allies in the Cold War and was essentially the only country in the Balkans and Eastern Europe to join the Allied powers. It makes thing a bit interesting because historically Greece has been in a sphere of its own beginning with the Byzantine Empire and ending with them joining the Allied powers during the Cold War.

Politically, today, it is very much so Western in terms of corruption and dynastic politics (though one could argue that dynastic politics is unique to Greece) but culturally it fits in a sphere of its own. Greece may share similarities with Balkan countries and Italy but the similarities are emitted outwards not inwards.

I don't believe you can say Greece is Eastern in mentality because Greece is unsurprisingly different, very different to Russia or Ukraine politically and culturally other than sharing religious similarities which doesn't really define the national character of a country. Religion is supplementary, it adds to the country but praying to God in a certain fashion doesn't really define a country's national character as much as Karl would wish it to.

Now to answer this thread's question... is Greece Eastern or Western? Had the Byzantine Empire survived longer, this question might have been easier to answer for Greece would have had a larger influence on Modern Europe but alas it is not the case. But if I had to give an answer I would probably say that Greece is in a sphere of its own today, as small as it may be but I would dare to say that neighboring countries of Greece imitates Greece in some way.

Italy for one, Southern Italy or Magna Graecia more specifically is very alike to Greece, and the Balkan countries is somewhat alike to Greece but this has diverged somewhat since countries north of Greece for the last couple decades were in a sphere entirely foreign to them and made way for the diverging of Greece and other Balkan countries.

Curtis24
05-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Balkan/East Mediterranean mentality - masculine, but without the authoritarianism of Islam.

Ianus
09-16-2013, 12:32 PM
Western European but Mediterranean

Vojnik
09-16-2013, 12:40 PM
Definitely Eastern.

Queen B
09-16-2013, 02:02 PM
Neither.
Medditeranean.

dado
09-16-2013, 02:04 PM
african

Petros Houhoulis
09-16-2013, 03:19 PM
african

Are you talking about our dicks? Because yes, they are black, long and thick...

Vasconcelos
09-16-2013, 03:23 PM
Too simplistic, they are simply...Greek. Surprise.

Sikeliot
09-16-2013, 03:27 PM
I change my mind. I said similar to Italians before, now I think more similar to Serbs.

jerney
09-16-2013, 05:08 PM
I change my mind. I said similar to Italians before, now I think more similar to Serbs.

How so?

Sikeliot
09-16-2013, 05:57 PM
How so?

Well it's not that the Greeks I know act Serbian, it's that the Serbians I know act like Greeks.
And the Serbs I know say that Serbians act similar to Greeks, so I took it for granted.

dado
09-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Are you talking about our dicks? Because yes, they are black, long and thick...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8v17HvTCWI

Äike
09-17-2013, 04:01 AM
The Greeks are Orthodox, thus they're stereotypically Eastern.

Scholarios
09-17-2013, 04:55 AM
Neither East nor West, as usual.

Pontios
09-17-2013, 11:21 PM
We don't have 100% of either mentality, but out of the two, we have more of an eastern mindset for sure...

But in general our mindset would be mostly be Mediterranean, all Med nations are almost the same anyway...

But speaking of Pontians specifically, we have an eastern mindset. :lol:

Petros Houhoulis
09-18-2013, 04:52 PM
We don't have 100% of either mentality, but out of the two, we have more of an eastern mindset for sure...

But in general our mindset would be mostly be Mediterranean, all Med nations are almost the same anyway...

But speaking of Pontians specifically, we have an eastern mindset. :lol:

Yes, that's certainly your problem. You think like a Turk. That is enough to classify you as a Turk...

Vojnik
09-20-2013, 12:12 AM
Yes, that's certainly your problem. You think like a Turk. That is enough to classify you as a Turk...

He's more Greek then you. He has no Bulgarian in him like you.

iNird
09-20-2013, 12:14 AM
Balkan mentality though they like to think they are above it but.....

Scholarios
09-20-2013, 03:47 AM
Balkan mentality though they like to think they are above it but.....

Sort of true, but we are embarrassed enough of it to try to get rid of it. For instance, we don't become scary gangsters in Europe like Albos or Serbs, until the crisis we didnt have many fascists like Croatia. ( and ours will disappear after crisis) and we assimilate ourselves in Northern Europe ( unlike Turks). So despite the similarities, we are a bit different. That's why I said not east or west...

Gorštak
09-20-2013, 03:56 AM
Sort of true, but we are embarrassed enough of it to try to get rid of it. For instance, we don't become scary gangsters in Europe like Albos or Serbs, until the crisis we didnt have many fascists like Croatia. ( and ours will disappear after crisis) and we assimilate ourselves in Northern Europe ( unlike Turks). So despite the similarities, we are a bit different. That's why I said not east or west...

Sorry, but you are the only one in the Balkans who have currently active strong fascists organisation.
Even Serbs, who always have one or two potentially serious organisation of that type, are after all wars to much under Europe control to allow it to become serious.

Scholarios
09-20-2013, 04:12 AM
You're avoiding significant portion of what I wrote- fascist were marginal before 2009- like .8% marginal. I don't know about Bosnia so I can't say, but from outsider perspective looks like default politics of Balkans is reactionary. I don't know exactly...

Anyways, now in times of crisis we let our Balkan colors shine.

Gorštak
09-20-2013, 04:23 AM
You're avoiding significant portion of what I wrote- fascist were marginal before 2009- like .8% marginal. I don't know about Bosnia so I can't say, but from outsider perspective looks like default politics of Balkans is reactionary. I don't know exactly...

Anyways, now in times of crisis we let our Balkan colors shine.

Well, it is all across Europe.
Norway or Austria are not Balkans states, but still political parties that could be classified as fascistic become stronger then before.
Christians at the time of crisis = become easy target for fascistic organisations.
Muslims at the time of crisis = easy target for radical religious extremists groups(who also could be called just fascists).

Scholarios
09-20-2013, 04:43 AM
Fair enough.

Petros Houhoulis
09-20-2013, 11:49 AM
He's more Greek then you. He has no Bulgarian in him like you.

Says who? The deluded Bulgarian who is trying to cast off his Bulgarianness in a daily basis?

Trun
09-20-2013, 12:04 PM
Well it's not that the Greeks I know act Serbian, it's that the Serbians I know act like Greeks.
And the Serbs I know say that Serbians act similar to Greeks, so I took it for granted.

How do Greeks act?

Here they mostly shout to each other even in normal conversations :D They also talk a lot. Oh, and have big beards.

But I have mentioned this before.

Szegedist
09-20-2013, 12:11 PM
How about Southern?

Petros Houhoulis
09-20-2013, 12:25 PM
How about Southern?

In relation to Hungary yes, in relation to planet earth, we are "dead center" since Herodotus defined the world as Western and Eastern according to their relative position from Greece, while Northern and Southern has been added too over time.

Szegedist
09-20-2013, 01:05 PM
I was talking about mentality, not geographical location.

Petros Houhoulis
09-20-2013, 01:25 PM
I was talking about mentality, not geographical location.

If you mean it the way they describe the former confederates in the Yankeeland, we are pretty close...

Queen B
09-20-2013, 02:07 PM
How do Greeks act?

Here they mostly shout to each other even in normal conversations :D They also talk a lot. Oh, and have big beards.

But I have mentioned this before.
This shout/loud/talkactive is very Italian as well

The Illyrian Warrior
09-20-2013, 02:08 PM
Eastern without a doubt.

Prisoner Of Ice
09-20-2013, 02:11 PM
Eastern. They only call it fascism if you are western european white guy, otherwise it's just the normal state of governments.

Corvus
09-20-2013, 02:38 PM
A mix of a Southern and Eastern mentality. Did not serve them well and is one of the main reasons they are into the dolldrums

Vojnik
09-21-2013, 12:56 PM
Says who? The deluded Bulgarian who is trying to cast off his Bulgarianness in a daily basis?

What shit are you smoking? What "Bulgarianness" am I trying to cast away?

Skerdilaid
09-22-2013, 01:51 AM
What shit are you smoking? What "Bulgarianness" am I trying to cast away?

You honestly can't see it?:eek:

Pontios
09-22-2013, 01:58 AM

I think like a Turk? :lol:

Let me not start classifying most of our nation as Turks now with our the Cifteteli that most of you "Hellenes" dance and the Turkish instruments and words you have in the language.

Let's not even start. :lol:

As Pontians we have always kept our culture and our language strong. We don't have Turkish words in our language nor do we dance any Turkish dances or play any Turkish instruments... Unlike some...

Ice
09-22-2013, 02:06 AM
Ofc eastern

for me only those countries are 'western':

benelux, germany,france,uk,ireland,scandinavia(denmark,swed en,norway, maybe finland),switzerland and maybe austria.

i'm also not sure about north italy, catalonia though. Anyway all the rest = eastern.

justme
09-22-2013, 02:12 AM
The religious one.

robar
09-22-2013, 02:18 AM
northern:lightbul:

Vojnik
09-22-2013, 04:27 AM
You honestly can't see it?:eek:

See what? I'm Macedonian.

Skerdilaid
09-22-2013, 04:31 AM
See what? I'm Macedonian.

I meant you Bulgarian side?

Petros Houhoulis
09-24-2013, 12:42 PM
See what? I'm Makedonishtani.

Of course you can't see beyond your nose... Otherwise you would know that you are Albanian...

Odin
06-30-2017, 10:05 PM
Western.

Cristiano viejo
06-30-2017, 10:10 PM
Western.

catgeorge
06-30-2017, 10:21 PM
Greeks are their own people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edwvUO9GquM

Lavrentis
06-30-2017, 10:26 PM
Anatolians and Pontians have an eastern mentality that they brought to Greece, along with musical instruments and types of foods. They have a Eurasian mentality, that's why many of them love Russia.

The rest of Greeks have a western mentality of course.

Peterski
06-30-2017, 10:43 PM
Southern.

brennus dux gallorum
06-30-2017, 10:46 PM
Southern, but when it's eastern vs western, some recent studies would say western, I have not seen any study saying eastern

Hellenas
07-01-2017, 02:24 AM
There is not such a thing as "Anatolians" in Greece, there is only Greeks of Asia Minor and Pontus. The Greeks of Asia Minor are descendants of ancient Hellenic tribes such as Ionians, Aeolians and Dorians as well as of later mainland Greeks, the number of hellenized natives(Armenoids/Iranoids) is insignificant among them. Most Asia Minor Greeks have assimilated by mainland Greeks. The Greek Pontians have some more hellenized natives among them but they mostly are descendants of ancient Greeks of Pontus. Their civilization and culture comes straight from ancient Ionia and Byzantium, it is just that the Turks have adopted many Byzantine habits, have turkified them and present them as Turkish. Too pity some Greeks support the Turkish propaganda and are more pro-Turkish than Turks themselves.

The mentality of Asia Minor Greeks is Ionian & Byzantine, not Eurasian & Turkish.

Modern Greece is not western but heavily Americanized and is a shame modern Greeks have sold out their superior ancient Greek past for these modern American garbage they call "civilization". Greek politicians also are the pets of Zionist controled Europe and their Greek voters traitors of their own selves who only care for their personal interest and how to get some money by shelling off everything.

Greeks who feel as "Western" only are some ridiculous Americanized neo-Greeks who don't even know for what Hellenism stands.

Enjoy the Western Greeks:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=your+face+sound+familiar+gree ce+2017

As our National poet Kostis Palamas said:

http://www.mixanitouxronou.gr/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/PAlamas-1900.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWfcKglWIAA72fM.jpg

"You don't have any Gods Olympus, neither Ossa any brave men. Slaves you have mother earth, bowed for the tax, the laughing stock of Europeans and clowns of the ancients."

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Et0rKiifXBU/Uhfdf8vNmKI/AAAAAAAAD9Y/2_ooHg-th0A/s400/palamas11.jpg

"Patriotism is immanent and I am a Nationalist".

As for a such Greek in that question: "Greek mentality. Eastern or Western"?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3zAsifVYAALNJ_.jpg

The only answer could be Greek!

He called westerners, as all Greeks did back then, as Franks.

"Ὁ δικός μου ὁ ξεσηκωμός δέ μοιάζει μήτε μέ τῶν Φράγκων, μήτε μέ κανενοῦ ἄλλου."

https://eleftheroiellines.wordpress.com/category/%CE%B8%CE%B5%CF%8C%CE%B4%CF%89%CF%81%CE%BF%CF%82-%CE%BA%CE%BF%CE%BB%CE%BF%CE%BA%CE%BF%CF%84%CF%81%C F%8E%CE%BD%CE%B7%CF%82/

catgeorge
07-01-2017, 02:35 AM
Kostis Palamas

:cheers:

Ujku
07-02-2017, 06:54 AM
Eastern for sure.... Even Albanians got more European mentality than them. But what do you expect from people that are Armenian and Syrian look alikes?

Voskos
07-02-2017, 06:57 AM
Eastern for sure.... Even Albanians got more European mentality than them. But what do you expect from people that are Armenian and Syrian look alikes?

I don't think mentality has anything to do with phenotypes. or else some tosk albanians would have to behave like gypsies.

wvwvw
07-02-2017, 07:06 AM

Funny thing is I took a taxi yesterday and the taxi driver looked like an Azeri gypsy with an Albanian head shape. I thought instantly "Albanian". To confirm I asked him where he was from and he told me Elbasan (wherever that is). Yes he was pure Albanian with relatives in the UK. I regret not having taken a picture of that dwarf to show you. That was a typical Albanian face that could easy pass unoticed in Azerbajzan but not Greece.

Ujku
07-02-2017, 07:07 AM
I don't think mentality has anything to do with phenotypes. or else some tosk albanians would have to behave like gypsies.

hihihhi 11!!!11!!1

wvwvw
07-02-2017, 07:15 AM
Anatolians and Pontians have an eastern mentality that they brought to Greece, along with musical instruments and types of foods. They have a Eurasian mentality, that's why many of them love Russia.

The rest of Greeks have a western mentality of course.
That's purely a figment of your imagination. Asia Minor and Pontians have as much a Greek mentality as anyone else. They don't exist anymore but are part of modern Greece. In fact when under Turkish occupation they had a more cosmopolitan and western mentality than mainland Greece and especially backward Crete, because they lived in cities and were educated while the rest of Greeks were peasants. Until fairly recently Cretans killed each other in tribal feuds, just like Albanians which earned them the title as the most backward Greeks.

Voskos
07-02-2017, 07:28 AM
the most western thing about greek mentality is begging for european money and pretending to hate syrians in order to be accepted into the white club.

Ujku
07-02-2017, 07:29 AM
the most western thing about greek mentality is begging for european money and pretending to hate syrians in order to be accepted into the white club.

TRUE SHIT

catgeorge
07-02-2017, 07:32 AM
TRUE SHIT

At least Greeks have a mentality where has yours gone?

Ujku
07-02-2017, 07:39 AM
At least Greeks have a mentality where has yours gone?

damn bro you roasted me

wvwvw
07-02-2017, 07:48 AM

I didn't know SE europe was part of the brown club, maybe you are who knows.

Syrians are Arab and Muslims and Syria and is much more populous than Greece. Would you rather see Greeks go extinct in order to accomodate Syrians, Iraqis, Egyptians and the like?

Should Greece become a permanent regugee deposite for every arab conflict and join the brown club so that you become satisfied?

Kamal900
07-02-2017, 07:51 AM
Well, they think like other westerners(Greeks are part of the western world, duh), but they are more traditional or conservative than their liberal airheads in Northern Europe.

Lek
07-02-2017, 07:56 AM
Gipsy / Arab mentality. They are genetically close to Turks and very different from Balkans. They are Christian Levants basically. Hard to see difference between Greek and Palestinian.

Voskos
07-02-2017, 08:00 AM
Gipsy / Arab mentality. They are genetically close to Turks and very different from Balkans. They are Christian Levants basically. Hard to see difference between Greek and Palestinian.

From someone who looks more Turanid than Turks themselves that's pretty rich. overall a very muslim face

wvwvw
07-02-2017, 08:08 AM

Says the Albanian welfare parasite

Norway: Two Albanians sentenced in big drug case
http://norwaytoday.info/news/two-albanians-sentenced-in-large-narkosak/

Journalist and family deported from Norway to Albania
https://www.amnesty.org.uk/albanian-journalist-genci-angjellari-be-deported-norway

Norway: Albanians over represented in violent and drug-related crimes

Hard to see a difference between Albanians and other Muslim thugs.

Voskos
07-02-2017, 08:11 AM
I didn't know SE europe was part of the brown club, maybe you are who knows.

Syrians are Arab and Muslims and Syria and is much more populous than Greece. Would you rather see Greeks go extinct in order to accomodate Syrians, Iraqis, Egyptians and the like?

Should Greece become a permanent regugee deposite for every arab conflict and join the brown club so that you become satisfied?

i just said we should stop begging and have some dignity. our main difference to gypsies like above kosovar troll is that we never gave up our values for perks and free food.

Lek
07-02-2017, 08:13 AM
Says the Albanian welfare parasite

Norway: Two Albanians sentenced in big drug case
http://norwaytoday.info/news/two-albanians-sentenced-in-large-narkosak/

Journalist and family deported from Norway to Albania
https://www.amnesty.org.uk/albanian-journalist-genci-angjellari-be-deported-norway

Norway: Albanians over represented in violent and drug-related crimes

Only a Greek would wanna live on welfare or on Eu money.

Albanians either work or sell drugs wherever they go but greek mentality is to sit on the ass and get some welfare check or EU money

Lek
07-02-2017, 08:13 AM
From someone who looks more Turanid than Turks themselves that's pretty rich. overall a very muslim face

You look 8% Arab though

Voskos
07-02-2017, 08:15 AM
You look 8% Arab though

nope. also unlike you I'm not a son of a muslim whore

Laberia
07-02-2017, 08:21 AM
Well, they think like other westerners(Greeks are part of the western world, duh), but they are more traditional or conservative than their liberal airheads in Northern Europe.

In the last 200 years Greece has always been part of Western Civilization. For this reason there is a part of elite of the country and also a part of the population who see themselves as western Europeans. Here i am not talking about the retard theories of brennus. But the most important institution in Greece is the Orthodox Church. The majority of the greeks, if they asked, would prefer an alliance with Russia instead with West. During the referendum, Greece was very close from abandoning the EU and from joining the offer of BRIC, in those days there was an meeting of this Union in Russia and the member countries decided for the creation of a common banc with a initial capital of one hundred billion of dollars. It was the high preassure of USA government at the German and Greek governments who stopped Greece for changing side. So basically greeks are eastern.

wvwvw
07-02-2017, 08:24 AM

EU welfare? Germany has gained hundreds of billions of euros out of the Greek crisis and has not given Greece a single euro for free. It has not lost a single euro from Greece and in fact owes us billions of euros, from unpaid WWII loans.

Albanians have been living on Greek welfare for decades, FREE health care, FREE education, FREE taxless black money. I mean what other country in the world provide health care to foreign citizens that don't even reside in Greece, for humanitarian reasons, only because hospitals in Albania are not suitable equipped to perform things like surgeries. No wonder we went belly up.

Voskos
07-02-2017, 08:24 AM

Albanians either work or sell drugs wherever they go but greek mentality is to sit on the ass and get some welfare check or EU money

you admitted yourself that you take drugs and that you've served jail for robberies and bulglaries.how does that make you any different from gypsies? even on ftdna you match gypsies, mortimer is your autosomal match on ftdna.

wvwvw
07-02-2017, 08:29 AM
You look 8% Arab though

The Arabs who attacked Crete were actually Islamized Iberians that had been expelled from Iberia. That's why Cretans score no North African or very little.

Voskos
07-02-2017, 08:31 AM
EU welfare? Germany has gained hundreds of billions of euros out of the Greek crisis and has not given Greece a single euro for free. It has not lost a single euro from Greece and in fact owes us billions of euros, from unpaid WWII loans.

Albanians have been living on Greek welfare for decades, FREE health care, FREE education, FREE taxless black money. I mean what other country in the world provide health care to foreign citizens that don't even reside in Greece, for humanitarian reasons, only because hospitals in Albania are not suitable equipped to perform things like surgeries. No wonder we went belly up.

forget about albanians for a second. that guy scores closer to serbs and ashkalis than to albanians, as attested by his dna matches and autosomal results

wvwvw
07-02-2017, 08:35 AM
you admitted yourself that you take drugs and that you've served jail for robberies and bulglaries.how does that make you any different from gypsies? even on ftdna you match gypsies, mortimer is your autosomal match on ftdna.

Worst they are bragging about it, and pride themselves on how "smart" Albanian criminals are. Obviously if they were that smart they wouldn't end up in jail.

Geni
07-02-2017, 09:26 AM
Easterns, I can not generalize but when I read Raine and some others i think direct that they are like serbians...the same mentality...

Hithaeglir
07-02-2017, 09:28 AM
Weastern ;)

Geni
07-02-2017, 09:30 AM
Weastern ;)

:kiss: Toi oui...

DRUM
07-02-2017, 09:35 AM
Southern, but when it's eastern vs western, some recent studies would say western, I have not seen any study saying eastern

you need studies to tell you about your people's mentality? :laugh:

brennus dux gallorum
07-02-2017, 09:35 AM
Easterns, I can not generalize but when I read Raine and some others i think direct that they are like serbians...the same mentality...

Sorry but the few recent studies I can think of show our mentality as western

However, yes, some Greeks may have more eastern mentality, like some Norwegians do (see vikernes)

catgeorge
07-02-2017, 09:38 AM
west is multicultural - multiculturalism is not even "western" by its true definition and I do not consider Australia as "western" rather more having "western" allies. But multicultural societies are very far from "western" going by its pure definition of the word.

Greece is not multicultural and is far more western than France and UK.

In fact France and UK is not even "western" no multicultural society has the right to call itsself "west" Period.

Hithaeglir
07-02-2017, 09:40 AM
:kiss: Toi oui...

Geeniii! Tu n'as pas poster ici depuis longtemps,comment ca marche? :hug2:

brennus dux gallorum
07-02-2017, 09:42 AM
In the last 200 years Greece has always been part of Western Civilization. For this reason there is a part of elite of the country and also a part of the population who see themselves as western Europeans. Here i am not talking about the retard theories of brennus. But the most important institution in Greece is the Orthodox Church. The majority of the greeks, if they asked, would prefer an alliance with Russia instead with West. During the referendum, Greece was very close from abandoning the EU and from joining the offer of BRIC, in those days there was an meeting of this Union in Russia and the member countries decided for the creation of a common banc with a initial capital of one hundred billion of dollars. It was the high preassure of USA government at the German and Greek governments who stopped Greece for changing side. So basically greeks are eastern.

And the same time most of polls show most of Greeks as positive towards the eu (in contrast even to English), something that I personally am against. You referred the referendum, didn't Italians do the same thing? Does this make them eastern? And you have to consider that in both cases the question was not to exit the eu (something that I personally prefer)

No retarded, we are basically western, the question is what is our mentality, not whom we prefer, and yes, all studies I have seen associate our mentality with Western European. And unlike most of my countrymen, I am against political west

That's not true, we have African mentality, not near eastern

Geni
07-02-2017, 09:46 AM
Geeniii! Tu n'as pas poster ici depuis longtemps,comment ca marche? :hug2:

bien ,toujours en France...je travaille beaucoup,..et toi ma belle...ca va en Greece..t'es entrain de vivre heureuse ?...profite de la vie pasque ici on est entrain de devenire comment des robots...travaille -maison,maison travaille....:hug2:

catgeorge
07-02-2017, 09:48 AM
Greece is not western either... the western ideal died along time ago.

There is no pre eminence scholarly discipline - the population is so stupid it is incapable telling what is right and and blatantly wrong.

The west only rewards "talent" but because multicultural nutcrackers have been awashed with materialism and consumerism.... everyone makes "money" but the talent element has disappeared.

You need only the pure talented to prosper and make it hard for everyone to step-up to a higher level. At the moment the "west" is incapable of orbiting the planet. Due to the lack of scholarly discipline and being washed with money even though you are dead set stupid.

wvwvw
07-02-2017, 09:52 AM
And the same time most of polls show most of Greeks as positive towards the eu (in contrast even to English), something that I personally am against. You referred the referendum, didn't Italians do the same thing? And you have to consider that in both cases the question was not to exit the eu (something that I personally prefer)

No retarded, we are basically western, the question is what is our mentality, not whom we prefer, and yes, all studies I have seen associate our mentality with Western European

We are no longer positive towards the EU, or at least towards a German dominated EU. Ideally Greece, Italy, Spain, and France should exit the EU and join the Anglo-Saxon Axis (UK, USA) against the German-Chinese axis.

Our traditional allies have always been USA and Britain (despite everything) while Germany have traditionally been pro-Turkish throughout Ages. Ever since the Middle Ages Germans/Austrians have had excellent relationship with the Turks and have always worked against our national interests.

We should stay away from Russia because our interests do not coincide. They wouldn't hesitate to sell us out to Turks if that benefited their national interests. They too have traditionally had close ties to Turks, supported Fyrom against Greece and so forth and so on.

wvwvw
07-02-2017, 09:53 AM
double post

Geni
07-02-2017, 09:56 AM
Greece is not western either... the western ideal died along time ago.

There is no pre eminence scholarly discipline - the population is so stupid it is incapable telling what is right and and blatantly wrong.

The west only rewards "talent" but because multicultural nutcrackers have been awashed with materialism and consumerism.... everyone makes "money" but the talent element has disappeared.

You need only the pure talented to prosper and make it hard for everyone to step-up to a higher level. At the moment the "west" is incapable of orbiting the planet. Due to the lack of scholarly discipline and being washed with money even though you are dead set stupid.

:icon_yes: the same is with us...The level of cultivation is decreasing, we are moving towards the abysses...sometime i think that comunist school was much very performant as today...

Hithaeglir
07-02-2017, 09:57 AM
bien ,toujours en France...je travaille beaucoup,..et toi ma belle...ca va en Greece..t'es entrain de vivre heureuse ?...profite de la vie pasque ici on est entrain de devenire comment des robots...travaille -maison,maison travaille....:hug2:

Tu n'as pas de temps pour un peu d'amusement pendant les week-ends? Ca va bien ici aussi,je suis contente :) Le travail,la vie,mais je suis un peu stresse avec ma these diplomatique,que je dois presenter dans quelques jours.Je t'envoie mes meilleurs voeux <3

brennus dux gallorum
07-02-2017, 09:59 AM
We are no longer positive towards the EU, or at least towards a German dominated EU. Ideally Greece, Italy, Spain, and France should exit the EU and join the Anglo-Saxon Axis (UK, USA) against the German-Chinese axis.

Our traditional allies have always been USA and Britain (despite everything) while Germany have traditionally been pro-Turkish throughout Ages. Ever since the Middle Ages Germans/Austrians have had excellent relationship with the Turks and have always worked against our national interests.

We should stay away from Russia because our interests do not coincide. They wouldn't hesitate to sell us out to Turks if that benefited their national interests. They too have traditionally had close ties to Turks, supported Fyrom against Greece and so forth and so on.

Couldn't be said better, that's why I also do not support the eu. I think that independence and alliance with the Atlantic, which is geopolitically incongruent with Germany, would make us stronger in the future

As for Russia, it's the most unreliable side, apart from not caring about us and having traditional alliance with our enemies

Voskos
07-02-2017, 10:22 AM

the german people have nothing against greeks. it is their conservative parties that make all the propaganda for a couple more votes

wvwvw
07-02-2017, 10:28 AM
the german people have nothing against greeks. it is their conservative parties that make all the propaganda for a couple more votes

I was referring to the traditional German establishment not to the German people. Trust me we should stay away from Russia and Germany (and their satelites in Eastern Europe), we have nothing to win and everything to lose, and that's the general consensus of most political analysts in Greece. Even Tsipras realises that. History should be our guide.

Laberia
07-02-2017, 12:07 PM
Wow, this greeks are really funny. Let's troll a little with them.
Guys and girls of course, who killed Metaxa?

Laberia
07-02-2017, 12:17 PM
Nobody from the greeks accept to answer to this question. Lol.

wvwvw
07-02-2017, 12:34 PM
Nobody from the greeks accept to answer to this question. Lol.

Don't you have anything better to do in this heat

Laberia
07-02-2017, 12:46 PM
Don't you have anything better to do in this heat

I am enjoying swimming but unfortunately started the rain Raine. So i decided to test how the Greeks here know their history. What do you think?

Thanas Django
07-02-2017, 09:07 PM
snip

Wow, this Albanian is really funny. Let's troll him a little bit.
Laberia, what is the ethnicity of Giannis Parios?

catgeorge
07-03-2017, 08:23 AM
I am enjoying swimming but unfortunately started the rain Raine. So i decided to test how the Greeks here know their history. What do you think?

Aren't you like 171 cm?

You should take medicine before posting Laberia because this is how you get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc1MZ2T82yQ

Laberia
07-03-2017, 08:34 AM
Wow, this Albanian is really funny. Let's troll him a little bit.
Laberia, what is the ethnicity of Giannis Parios?

You want to troll me? But you have been trolled by God. Just look your frog face in the mirror.

Laberia
07-03-2017, 08:35 AM
Aren't you like 171 cm?

You should take medicine before posting Laberia because this is how you get

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc1MZ2T82yQ

A prosfig cuck.

Lavrentis
07-03-2017, 08:35 AM

Greece is considered the birthplace of the Western Civilization. Not only by us, but by other westerners as well.

The Orthodox Church is irrelevant as to why some Greeks love Russia. FYROM is Orthodox too yet Greeks don't like that country. And pro-Russians in Greece are Pontians, Anatolians etc. What the hell does Greece have to do with Russia anyway?

Btw before the crisis most referendums showed support to EU from Greece.

Laberia
07-03-2017, 08:43 AM
Greece is considered the birthplace of the Western Civilization. Not only by us, but by other westerners as well.

The Orthodox Church is irrelevant as to why some Greeks love Russia. FYROM is Orthodox too yet Greeks don't like that country. And pro-Russians in Greece are Pontians, Anatolians etc. What the hell does Greece have to do with Russia anyway?

Btw before the crisis most referendums showed support to EU from Greece.

Yes, Greece is the birthplace of European civilization, but there is a huge gap between ancient and modern greeks.
You know very well that when your country was liberated from Ottomans, were three parties, Russian, French and British. And the King was a German.
And the Orthodox Church is very important. Greeks basically are a religious sect, not exactly a nation.

catgeorge
07-03-2017, 08:44 AM
A prosfig cuck.

Sing a song for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg9EuFmo-VU

Thanas Django
07-03-2017, 09:00 AM
Greeks basically are a religious sect, not exactly a nation.

{{Citation needed|reason=You are living in the clouds|date=July 2017}}

Pigling
07-03-2017, 09:34 AM
From Islamic/Asian point of view whole Europe is western mentality type, even Eastern Europe.

Our women doesn't wear head-cover, have vote right, most people have sexual relationships before marriage, consume alcohol, cigarettes as well as other drugs while living secular materialistic atheistic egocentric way of life.

brennus dux gallorum
07-03-2017, 10:41 AM
From Islamic/Asian point of view whole Europe is western mentality type, even Eastern Europe.

Our women doesn't wear head-cover, have vote right, most people have sexual relationships before marriage, consume alcohol, cigarettes as well as other drugs while living secular materialistic atheistic egocentric way of life.

I agree, and such division of Europe will be soon over as Europeans have much more in common with each other than differences

But till then, Greece can't avoid being closer to the Mediterranean part of the West than any part of eastern Europe (not meaning geographically)

JohnSmith
07-03-2017, 10:43 AM
Since the 1840s it has been very Western.

Laberia
07-04-2017, 02:07 PM
Since the 1840s it has been very Western.

Why exactly 1840? What was so special in this year?

JohnSmith
07-04-2017, 03:12 PM
Why exactly 1840? What was so special in this year?

I was referring to when Greece became a Modern Independent State with the support of the West.

Sikeliot
07-04-2017, 03:13 PM
Greece is at the intersection of both: the Balkan world and the (European) Mediterranean world.

brennus dux gallorum
07-06-2017, 08:58 AM
Greece is at the intersection of both: the Balkan world and the (European) Mediterranean world.
I agree with this, however:
The Mediterranean world is part of the West

balkans on the other hand are more mixed, you can find from ordinary eastern European countries, to mostly Eastern but very western influenced, particularly German influenced (like all former yugos except of fyrom) to countries that can't even count as completely European (predominantly Islamic populated states)

Greece has influence from both Mediterranean and balkans, with most of Western Europeans perceiving it as mostly the first, and most of eastern Europeans and even Mena people perceiving it as mostly the second.

As for Greeks themselves, the majority in Athens would respond "mostly Mediterranean" (even though there is influence from the second as well), I don't know about thessaloniki, that's something people from there know better than me

catgeorge
07-06-2017, 09:00 AM
Fuck the West and the donkey they rode on - they are not even West they are half Black.

brennus dux gallorum
07-06-2017, 09:13 AM
As for Greeks themselves, the majority in Athens would respond "mostly Mediterranean" (even though there is influence from the second as well), I don't know about thessaloniki, that's something people from there know better than me

Fuck the West and the donkey they rode on - they are not even West they are half Black.
I think thessaloniki responded,it's not western, unlike Athens :D

EL_BARBARO
07-06-2017, 09:20 AM
western

catgeorge
07-06-2017, 09:20 AM
I think thessaloniki responded,it's not western, unlike Athens :D

If banking, corruption, immigration, blacks and multiculturalism is what you call West then I demand Makedonia to claim independence from degenerates we are taking Peloponessos and Creta with us.

catgeorge
07-06-2017, 09:24 AM
The more things change the more they stay the same

http://nsms6thgradesocialstudies.weebly.com/uploads/3/7/2/4/37241339/4137696_orig.jpg

brennus dux gallorum
07-06-2017, 09:29 AM
If banking, corruption, immigration, blacks and multiculturalism is what you call West then I demand Makedonia to claim independence from degenerates we are taking Peloponessos and Creta with us.

That's called ethnikos dihasmos (ethnic division) part of the Greek tradition since 5th century bc,so I am not surprised.

At least don't forget that there is still blood from dead Peloponessians and cretans who fought for Macedonia, but blood of eam-slavs who wanted to give Macedonia independence and make the region part of eastern Europe in 1945

BTW most of Macedonians, like you, immigrated in Australia and Germany, do you have such negative opinion About the particular countries as you have for the rest of Greece?

catgeorge
07-06-2017, 09:30 AM
That's called ethnikos dihasmos (ethnic division) part of the Greek tradition since 5th century bc,so I am not surprised.

Iron is coming -- Iron.

brennus dux gallorum
07-06-2017, 09:38 AM
So the Conclusion, most of Greece mostly western, Northern Greece mostly eastern

Iron is coming -- Iron.

Don't forget that eam guerrillas wanted independence for Macedonia and thrace, and making both regions part of eastern Europe. Greek army with the help of Americans and brits crashed them, but some issues seem to still be opened

catgeorge
07-06-2017, 09:50 AM
So the Conclusion, most of Greece mostly western, Northern Greece mostly eastern

Don't forget that eam guerrillas wanted independence for Macedonia and thrace, and making both regions part of eastern Europe. Greek army with the help of Americans and brits crashed them, but some issues seem to still be opened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gie2DCgc_wQ

catgeorge
07-06-2017, 09:51 AM
Eternal ungratefulness of Athens - we gave them the alphabet and still have their error-prone superiority komplex

brennus dux gallorum
07-06-2017, 10:04 AM
Eternal ungratefulness of Athens - we gave them the alphabet and still have their error-prone superiority komplex

Hey you are ungrateful

The western alliance of "Athens" with usa and Britain saved Macedonian a$$es from stalinism :p

Just joking dude, Macedonians can be whatever they want

catgeorge
07-06-2017, 10:07 AM
Hey you are ungrateful

The western alliance of "Athens" with usa and Britain saved Macedonian a$$es from stalinism :p

Just joking dude, Macedonians can be whatever they want

We are your fathers

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/38/Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_2.jpg/1920px-Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_2.jpg

brennus dux gallorum
07-06-2017, 10:12 AM
We are your fathers

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/38/Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_2.jpg/1920px-Passing_of_the_Great_Race_-_Map_2.jpg

We never assimilated nordics, they just passed from here, Greco-Romans were western themselves

And hell, you are not Nordic :D

catgeorge
07-06-2017, 10:16 AM
We never assimilated nordics, they just passed from here, Greco-Romans were western themselves

And hell, you are not Nordic :D

No no I am not talking about Nordics I am talking about Achaens and Dorians

Pausanias
07-09-2017, 12:00 PM
Greeks have their own mentality.
I live in Spain, but i lived in Greece and i can certainly say that the differences between both countries are HUGE.

Cristiano viejo
07-09-2017, 12:33 PM
I live in Spain, but i lived in Greece and i can certainly say that the differences between both countries are HUGE.

You live in Barcelona which deserves Napalm.

FYCW Parasite
03-13-2018, 11:07 PM
What you mean by mentality?

Thanas Django
03-14-2018, 08:26 AM

I lived in Spain and Greece and I didn't find many differences.

Can you elaborate a bit, so I can see where we can agree tio?

Dimitri159
01-03-2023, 04:33 PM
At world level, western. At European level, south-eastern.

+1 I agree.

Dimitri159
01-03-2023, 04:44 PM

Corruption is as much eastern as it is western. Personally, I think most of eastern Europe (and southern Europe including Greece) is by far more corrupt than western Europe. America is a different story, they are the most corrupt. Corruption was one of the Greeks' cultural weaknesses since antiquity, as noted by most ancient philosophers.

As for immigration and multiculturalism you are right, those are uniquely western European. But I wouldn't say those are traditionally western European. I mean, nobody identified with western European culture more than Hitler or Mussolini did, and they utterly despised those things.

Renekton
03-05-2023, 06:09 PM
Eastern sadly

kingmob
03-06-2023, 08:38 AM
Intermediate Region.

Atlantic Reptilian
03-06-2023, 09:34 AM
Intermediate Region.

Agreed.