PDA

View Full Version : Could anyone to classify me?

Thyrel
01-31-2019, 08:33 PM
Hi everyone

I have little experience and knowledge about phenotypes, so I would like to ask to be sure. IMO I am east baltic variant with faelid features (due to square jaw and facial structure) + perhaps something more(?) Sorry for bad quality of the pictures - If time allows, I will make normal photos tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Hitch
01-31-2019, 08:35 PM
The first picture you uploaded is broken or something, could you please upload them to imgur?

Thyrel
01-31-2019, 08:45 PM
Ok, done

The Blade
01-31-2019, 09:35 PM
Neo-Danubian (Nordid-Mongoloid-CM mix).

Phenix
01-31-2019, 09:40 PM
Corded + Baltid.

Veneda
01-31-2019, 09:46 PM
Neo-Danubian (Nordid-Mongoloid-CM mix).

Which part of his face presents Mongoliod vibe according to you?

Dna8
01-31-2019, 09:46 PM
Your aesthetic is West Slavic, tending towards the Baltic, IMO.

The Blade
01-31-2019, 09:51 PM
Which part of his face presents Mongoliod vibe according to you?
He's quite representative for Eastern/Northern Euro blends with Mongoloid types.
General lower part of face and skull as a whole show Mongoloid traits.

Mr.G
01-31-2019, 09:56 PM
Your aesthetic is West Slavic, tending towards the Baltic, IMO.

Agree with this.

Also, I think The Blade is correct with 'Neo-Danubian', but I'm not very good at classifying - I really haven't studied like I should. I think the Mongoloid contribution in the Neo-Danubian type is from Ladogan? I assume there can be differing degrees of admix Nordid/Mongoloid. In the case of OP I don't see very much Mongoloid. Though I can imagine how Ladogan could alter Nordid to look something like op, with a greater Nordid admix in his case.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
01-31-2019, 09:58 PM
Nordic with Baltic. You could pass for Finnish, Estonian, Latvian and Lithuanian imo. Probably also for North Russian and some kind of Swede.

Rędwald
01-31-2019, 10:01 PM
Neo-Danubian

Dna8
01-31-2019, 10:01 PM
He's quite representative for Eastern/Northern Euro blends with Mongoloid types.

I would argue that that aspect of his aesthetic is maybe best understood as a form of gracility that some Eastern/ North Eastern Europeans have in their features.

I'd say there is a gradient to the Mongolic in NE Europe, with some manifestations in Finland/Sweden, for instance, being more tangible (more straightforwardly reminiscent of East Asians).. while at the other end of the spectrum, where I'd argue the OP lays, the manifestation is best described as a type of gracility not uncommon in NE Europe (and less patently evocative of East Asians)..

Dna8
01-31-2019, 10:05 PM
Agree with this.

Also, I think The Blade is correct with 'Neo-Danubian', but I'm not very good at classifying - I really haven't studied like I should. I think the Mongoloid contribution in the Neo-Danubian type is from Ladogan? I assume there can be differing degrees of admix Nordid/Mongoloid. In the case of OP I don't see very much Mongoloid. Though I can imagine how Ladogan could alter Nordid to look something like op, with a greater Nordid admix in his case.

As far as NE Europe is concerned, I'd describe two forms of the Mongolic (re: aesthetics):

Type A: demonstrated by the Sami, for instance.

Type B: evoked by some Slavs/Balts, where Mongolic is synonymous with a form of gracility (but lacking straightforward/palpable reference to East Asianism)

Mr.G
01-31-2019, 10:08 PM
As far as NE Europe is concerned, I'd describe two forms of the Mongolic (re: aesthetics):

Type A: demonstrated by the Sami, for instance.

Type B: evoked by some Slavs/Balts, where Mongolic is synonymous with a form of gracility (but lacking straightforward/palpable reference to East Asianism)

Exactly what I have observed. I think your 'Type B' has influenced my own aesthetic.

Veneda
01-31-2019, 10:13 PM

Thanks for your opinion. For some reason you seem to be an expert in finding Mongoloid features in people's' faces. Good for you.

MysteriousWays
I agree with Neo-Danubian

Dna8
I think your 'Type B' has influenced my own aesthetic.

I agree, man.

I perceive the same mechanism having been in play, except, where said mechanism involves the Mongolicism of North Eastern Europe, in the context of this thread.. in your case, the mechanism involves a South Eastern European type of Mongolicism.. I.e. the Finno-Ugric Vs the Turkic..

The Blade
01-31-2019, 10:25 PM
I would argue that that aspect of his aesthetic is maybe best understood as a form of gracility that some Eastern/ North Eastern Europeans have in their features.

I'd say there is a gradient to the Mongolic in NE Europe, with some manifestations in Finland/Sweden, for instance, being more tangible (more straightforwardly reminiscent of East Asians).. while at the other end of the spectrum, where I'd argue the OP lays, the manifestation is best described as a type of gracility not uncommon in NE Europe (and less patently evocative of East Asians)..
I get the general point of your statement and I agree that in some cases it's stronger than in others.
East Baltids are more Mongoloid looking than Neo-Danubians on average.
However, I don't think OP is gracile in terms of his features.
It has to be admitted that he is at least average in this regard. Plenty of European phenotypes like Gracile Med, Hallstatt Nordid, Alpinid, and to a certain extent Pontid and Keltic Nordid are more gracile than him.

CommonSense
01-31-2019, 10:26 PM
Nordid with Baltid influence

The Blade
01-31-2019, 10:27 PM
Exactly what I have observed. I think your 'Type B' has influenced my own aesthetic.
I believe you have Borreby in you, not Mongoloid, my friend.

Dna8
01-31-2019, 10:29 PM
I get the general point of your statement and I agree that in some cases it's stronger than in others.
East Baltids are more Mongoloid looking than Neo-Danubians on average.
However, I don't think OP is gracile in terms of his features.
It has to be admitted that he is at least average in this regard. Plenty of European phenotypes like Gracile Med, Hallstatt Nordid, Alpinid, and to a certain extent Pontid and Keltic Nordid are more gracile than him.

To be fair, I should have been more explicit in my elaborations: When I referenced gracility in the context of those posts of mine, I meant reference towards a concept of gracility distinct from the sense of gracility in orthodoxical physical anthropology.. were I to rewrite those posts, I would find a word other than 'gracility' to make my point..

Alenka
01-31-2019, 10:31 PM
Nordid + West-Baltid. You look 100% Caucasoid. If you are Mongoloid, then half of Europe is Mongoloid, and the other half Ethiopid.

Thyrel
01-31-2019, 11:06 PM
BTW: I suspected mongoloid traits, so these statements aren't strange at all.

Hitch
02-01-2019, 06:51 PM
Lol, I thought I already replied on this.

Neo-Danubian

Thyrel
02-01-2019, 07:30 PM
Looks like my own observations were pretty close to the opinions in this thread - combinations of East baltic, faelid (square jaw) and something more (mongoloid component in this case) is simply mixed type Neo-Danubian.

What is more, I am 188cm/6'2' tall, 86kg/189,6lb weight and slender, never fat or something

Another, slightly better pic:

Harkonnen
04-21-2019, 06:34 PM
Coon East Baltic essentially has square jaw, so you do not in fact have to have any extra Faelid admix.

Coon East Baltic morph for reference

http://i66.tinypic.com/2n9vm77.jpg

Zmey Gorynych
04-21-2019, 06:39 PM
Nordid with some type of Baltid influence/admixture. Seems to me you have a long face.

Mortimer
05-07-2019, 03:00 AM
I dont see your pictures

Thyrel
05-07-2019, 09:12 AM

Mortimer
05-07-2019, 09:27 AM
To me you are nordid or have strong nordid influence

Thyrel
05-07-2019, 09:29 AM
To me you are nordid or have strong nordid influence

What's about mongoloid influence?