PDA

View Full Version : divorce rates

joe blowe
05-22-2011, 05:06 AM

Saturday, May 21, 2011
Pareto and Divorce

Number of long-lasting marriages in U.S. has risen, Census Bureau reports. (Via Diversity Is Chaos.) The article states that "among black women, half of first marriages end in divorce, a rate that is far greater those for white, Hispanic and Asian women." It also says that those without a college degree, a proxy for IQ, are three times more likely to get divorced than those with one. Not stated there is that second or third marriages are much more likely to end in divorce than first marriages.

All this leads me to wonder - and I don't have the mathematical or research skills to figure this out myself - how greatly the much-vaunted high divorce rate is skewed by either blacks or the left side of the bell curve or those getting married and divorced multiple times, these categories not being mutually exclusive. It appears that college-educated white (and Asian and Hispanic) people stand a low chance of divorce.

The Pareto Principle says that many phenomena are highly skewed as to cause and effect; specifically, it's often the case that 20% of causes are responsible for 80% of results. Could this be the case for divorce? Does the divorce rate conceal as much as it reveals?

Magister Eckhart
05-22-2011, 06:20 AM
Interesting concept, but it's more the fact that divorce has become so accepted in our society that is the problem - perhaps marriages last longer, but what are the rates of married couples versus "common law" marriages among normal people (i.e. excluding sodomites)?

I would be interested in seeing these statistics before I break out the balloons and streamers.

However this, coupled with the abortion rates and the rapidly shrinking population numbers, does lead us to a happy conclusion: Negroes are dying out. What will their population be in the US in 50 years, I wonder? We know Euro-Americans will be a minority thanks to Hispanics, but will Negroes likewise be significantly shrunk, perhaps even eliminated in a century?

Boudica
05-22-2011, 08:32 AM
The lack of intelligence causes the inability to solve problems and work things out in an efficient manor. I'm not at all saying that this is always the case in divorces, it obviously isn't, it's just obvious for the population mentioned in the study.

Another main reason why divorces happen so often is because it's so common in society, which has lead to people not understanding the commitment and seriousness of marriage. Some people treat a marriage as if it's just a high school fling or something. If problems come along they will barely put forth any effort, and say f*** it.. It's thought of by these people as "breaking up" instead of getting a divorce.

Boudica
05-22-2011, 08:56 AM
Interesting concept, but it's more the fact that divorce has become so accepted in our society that is the problem - perhaps marriages last longer, but what are the rates of married couples versus "common law" marriages among normal people (i.e. excluding sodomites)?

I would be interested in seeing these statistics before I break out the balloons and streamers.

However this, coupled with the abortion rates and the rapidly shrinking population numbers, does lead us to a happy conclusion: Negroes are dying out. What will their population be in the US in 50 years, I wonder? We know Euro-Americans will be a minority thanks to Hispanics, but will Negroes likewise be significantly shrunk, perhaps even eliminated in a century?

There are plenty more in Africa.. I don't really know about racial statistics regarding abortions but it seems like the majority of ghetto black female types don't care for abortions, they will have 8 different "baby daddies", government assistance, and "child support".. As for the Hispanics and us being a minority in the US, of course.. The US is a breeding nest and a land of opportunity for them, the US will be the new Mexico. You can already see it, try going to Miami and see how many people speak english there.

Magister Eckhart
05-22-2011, 11:24 AM
There are plenty more in Africa.. I don't really know about racial statistics regarding abortions but it seems like the majority of ghetto black female types don't care for abortions, they will have 8 different "baby daddies", government assistance, and "child support".. As for the Hispanics and us being a minority in the US, of course.. The US is a breeding nest and a land of opportunity for them, the US will be the new Mexico. You can already see it, try going to Miami and see how many people speak english there.

Abortions are at least 60% higher in the urban black community than in any other racial group. I posted this in another thread somewhere but I don't have time right now to hunt it down -- message me and I'll find it later on.

Anyway, I won't disagree with you entirely-- indeed, you seem to have a similar opinion of the North American Great Ape population to my own, but it does seem to me that their culture has a lot to do with it-- it's not the lack of intelligence (which I think you'll find is actually unique to the American Negro), but rather the naturally savage nature that prevents them from creating or sustaining families the way other cultures do. Similar savagery is found in the South Pacific, where there are no sexual morals or real familial structure in the way it exists in great Cultures.

Regarding the intelligence of the American Negro v. that of the African Negro, it is actually perfectly logical that the latter be more intelligent than the former, despite an equal level of savagery inherent to their culture. The American Negro, after all, is the descendant of slaves--meaning they were stupid enough to be captures not only by Europeans but by native African slave traders. Despite a very lucrative trade for almost a century, the population of West Africa was hardly decimated; rather, the intelligent ones tricked the dumb ones off the continent, and so America has been populated with the inferior cousins of the contemporary African Negro, as a simple comparison of African Negroes with college degrees versus American Negroes with the same will plainly show. Admittedly, it was unofficial, but I took a quick survey of my own campus counting the number of Negroid students I encountered during a day with an American accent versus those with foreign accents, and the numbers were almost 8 out of 10 in favour of the Africans.

In short, the weakness of Negroes are almost entirely cultural, very little actually has to do with their biological race.

The question of border-hopping half-breeds is one for another discussion, I think.

Curtis24
05-23-2011, 02:17 AM

Saturday, May 21, 2011
Pareto and Divorce

Number of long-lasting marriages in U.S. has risen, Census Bureau reports. (Via Diversity Is Chaos.) The article states that "among black women, half of first marriages end in divorce, a rate that is far greater those for white, Hispanic and Asian women." It also says that those without a college degree, a proxy for IQ, are three times more likely to get divorced than those with one. Not stated there is that second or third marriages are much more likely to end in divorce than first marriages.

All this leads me to wonder - and I don't have the mathematical or research skills to figure this out myself - how greatly the much-vaunted high divorce rate is skewed by either blacks or the left side of the bell curve or those getting married and divorced multiple times, these categories not being mutually exclusive. It appears that college-educated white (and Asian and Hispanic) people stand a low chance of divorce.

The Pareto Principle says that many phenomena are highly skewed as to cause and effect; specifically, it's often the case that 20% of causes are responsible for 80% of results. Could this be the case for divorce? Does the divorce rate conceal as much as it reveals?

Hard to say what's at work here.

1) The report could be bull/propaganda
2) Assuming its real, the cause may be the recession. Its harder to get divorced when you need your marriage to help support yourself...
3) As you say, it could be that the divorce rate was skewed to begin with.

joe blowe
05-23-2011, 02:43 AM
Before the divorce institution became more prevalent, it is said that people sometimes lived 'lives of quiet desperation'...

Curtis24
05-23-2011, 03:04 AM
I don't like to think that. But the people who lived lives of quiet desperation in marriages, still do, they just spend them time on the Internet instead of raising children.

Sikeliot
05-23-2011, 06:01 AM
In my opinion, the divorce rate is so high because nowadays, people seem to rush into marriage quicker than they used to.. realizing shortly after that they made a mistake. Marriage seems to not be something viewed as serious as it once was.

SwordoftheVistula
05-23-2011, 08:03 AM
In my opinion, the divorce rate is so high because nowadays, people seem to rush into marriage quicker than they used to.. realizing shortly after that they made a mistake. Marriage seems to not be something viewed as serious as it once was.

The average age is rising though.

From what I have been seeing & reading recently, basically what is happening is that the upper portion of society is continuing to get married and stay that way, while the 'white working class' is degenerating, and the rot is working its way up into the middle class.

As to blacks, they have so many pregnancies, a higher abortion, overdose, and murder rate will not kill them off, they have a birthrate higher than the replacement level although not as much as hispanics.

Foxy
05-23-2011, 09:11 AM

I was going to say the same. In the catholic countries of Europe, especially in Ireland, Italy, Spain and Poland divorce rate is still pretty low. I think this has to do also with the fact that for catholics marriage is a sacrament. Although with laicism this perception is changing also here, the catholic culture often rapresents also the popular culture, and the lower you go in the social classes, the more is the catholic culture strong.
Italy is an exemplar case: here the popular mass has been rapresented not by the social/communist party but by the demochristian one.

Here there are all the statistic about divorce in Italy. I have read that in Ireland situation is pretty similar.

http://www.istat.it/salastampa/comunicati/non_calendario/20070307_00/03_matrimoni.pdf

1st paragraph: Marriage continues to rapresent for young people a very important institution, yet the birthrate in our country is ever lower. A strong difference between Italy and the other European country is the divorce rate: we have the lowest rate of Europe with strong differences between Northern Italy and Southern Italy. In Southern Italy, where the catholic culture is still very popular, the divorce rate is 3 times lower than in Northern Italy.

EUROPEAN COUNTRIES WITH THE HIGHEST DIVORCE RATE in 2005:

1)Lithuania
2)Czech
3)Estonia
4)Belgium
5)Denmark

EUROPEAN COUNTRIES WITH THE LOWEST DIVORCE RATE IN 2005:

1)ITALY
2)IRELAND
3)SPAIN
4)GREECE
5)POLAND

So I'd say there is a correlation between divorce rate and religion.

SwordoftheVistula
05-23-2011, 09:57 AM
EUROPEAN COUNTRIES WITH THE HIGHEST DIVORCE RATE in 2005:

1)Lithuania (Catholic)
2)Czech (Catholic)
3)Estonia (Lutheran)
4)Belgium (Catholic)
5)Denmark (Lutheran)

EUROPEAN COUNTRIES WITH THE LOWEST DIVORCE RATE IN 2005:

1)ITALY (Catholic)
2)IRELAND (Catholic)
3)SPAIN (Catholic)
4)GREECE (Orthodox)
5)POLAND (Catholic)

So I'd say there is a correlation between divorce rate and religion.

What correlation? 3/5 countries with highest divorce rate are Catholic, 4/5 countries with lowest divorce rate are Catholic.

Foxy
05-23-2011, 10:03 AM
What correlation? 3/5 countries with highest divorce rate are Catholic, 4/5 countries with lowest divorce rate are Catholic.

The strongest catholic countries are Ireland, Italy, Spain and Poland. France, Portugal, Belgium, Lithuania & co. are catholic only by name.

http://www.classicalvalues.com/Catholicism_Protestantism_and_Islam.jpg

Magister Eckhart
05-23-2011, 12:10 PM
The strongest catholic countries are Ireland, Italy, Spain and Poland. France, Portugal, Belgium, Lithuania & co. are catholic only by name.

http://www.classicalvalues.com/Catholicism_Protestantism_and_Islam.jpg

I'm sure the Portuguese here would have something to say about that. I'm also not entirely sure how a map of the Reformation that clearly still shows the Ottoman Empire says anything about contemporary religious laws and religious alignment.

Considering the rise of contraceptive movements in Ireland and the rising atheism throughout Europe, and especially considering Italy's historically low moral standing and active rejection of the Church, I fail to see what informs your arbitrary declaration of "Ireland, Italy, Spain, and Poland" as the "most Catholic countries in Europe". It seems to me of all the so-called "Catholic" countries in Europe, really only Poland remains a stronghold of any sort, because it's the only place where the leftists haven't successfully separated Church from State.

Other than that, I'm having trouble following your argument, despite my desire to agree with you.

aimar
06-03-2014, 10:18 AM
I saw this map today in a portuguese site

http://i.imgur.com/Dz5mJEJ.png

It said in the article that Belgium was the worst, with over 70%

The Lawspeaker
06-03-2014, 10:20 AM
All in all.. marriage is turning into a risky business.