PDA

View Full Version : European Morphs

CollectingDust
02-04-2019, 02:01 PM

These are morphs created from national soccer teams. Non native players were not included, e.g., an African or Turkish player on the German national team excluded from German morph. Only ethnically native players used. For France, past players along with current players were used as not enough French on current national team. Minimum of twelve players used per morph.

gıulıoımpa
02-04-2019, 02:07 PM
good job,

for some reason the appearence of waving ears seems common among italian players so much it appeared in the final morph, but i think it is an italic and celtic feature (appears in the irish morph too), and the final result has indeed an italic/roman look.

Avgvstvs
02-04-2019, 02:48 PM
good job,

for some reason the appearence of waving ears seems common among italian players so much it appeared in the final morph, but i think it is an italic and celtic feature (appears in the irish morph too), and the final result has indeed an italic/roman look.Is that in your opinion a Roman look? I mean the morph

Inviato dal mio RNE-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

Alenka
02-04-2019, 03:28 PM
Non native players were not included, e.g., an African or Turkish player on the German national team excluded from German morph. Only ethnically native players used. For France, past players along with current players were used as not enough French on current national team.
Did you exclude ethnic minorities from the Slovenian team?

Valwar
02-04-2019, 06:53 PM
Nice morphs.

Davy Jones's Locker
02-04-2019, 08:57 PM
Out of interest, which players did you use for England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland?

CollectingDust
02-04-2019, 11:10 PM
Here are the photos and the players for England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland.

CollectingDust
02-04-2019, 11:19 PM
Slovenian Players and Photos.

Alenka
02-05-2019, 02:14 PM
Slovenian Players and Photos.

In the upper row, the 2nd guy from left is Croat (Josip Iličić) and the 4th is Serb (Bojan Jokić). In the middle row, 1st guy on left is Croat (Leo Štulac), 4th is Bosniak (Amir Dervišević) and the 5th is German (Rajko Rotman).

If you ever want to remake the Slovenian one with ethnic Slovenes, here are names of all of them from the current wikipedia article (https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Slovenia_national_football_team&oldid=881249192#Current_squad) of the squad and recent call-ups:

Slovenes:
Vid Belec, Matic Kotnik, Grega Sorčan, Andraž Struna, Miha Mevlja, Nejc Skubic, Luka Krajnc, Miha Blažič, Jure Balkovec, Benjamin Verbič, Miha Zajc, Jaka Bijol, Rudi Požeg Vancaš, Roman Bezjak, Aljaž Ivačič, Jan Koprivec, Jan Oblak, Aljaž Struna, Martin Milec, Erik Janža, Matija Boben, Gaber Dobrovoljc, Boštjan Cesar, Domen Črnigoj, Rene Krhin, Kevin Kampl, Valter Birsa, Andraž Šporar, Tim Matavž.
Other guys on the list are:
4 Bosniaks (Amir Dervišević, Luka Zahović, Kenan Bajrić, Jasmin Kurtić), 3 Serbs (Petar Stojanović, Nemanja Mitrović, Bojan Jokić), 3 Croats (Josip Iličić, Leo Štulac, Robert Berić), 1 half-Italian/Slovene (Antonio Delamea Mlinar) and 2 possibly of German descent (Rajko Rotman, Žan Majer).

CollectingDust
02-05-2019, 06:52 PM
Here's the new morph with all the players identified as Slovenian.

Here's the old morph.

Here are the photos of the Slovenian players used for the new morph.

KingOf
02-05-2019, 06:56 PM
Greece in Balkan and not in Mediterranean section?
dude be careful are you trying to get yourself killed or what lol

CollectingDust
02-05-2019, 06:59 PM
Morphs updated w/ new Slovenian morph.

Morena
02-05-2019, 07:04 PM
Why is Israel included?

CollectingDust
02-05-2019, 07:04 PM

Genetically, always understood that Greeks much closer to Balkans than to Med. This is controversial? Happy to move Greeks if that's the consensus here.

CollectingDust
02-05-2019, 07:06 PM
Why is Israel included?

Always understood that Jews are closer genetically to European than to any other group.

Morena
02-05-2019, 07:07 PM
Always understood that Jews are closer genetically to European than to any other group.

Yes, but they aren't European. I can understand adding Jewish players who live in a particular country, but Israel is a bridge too far for me, TBH.

KingOf
02-05-2019, 07:07 PM
Genetically, always understood that Greeks much closer to Balkans than to Med. This is controversial? Happy to move Greeks if that's the consensus here.

it was a joke... i don't care really i just said it because it is controversial for some Greeks here
i think genetically Greeks are closer to Med Italians then Balkans and then other Meds like Iberians

CollectingDust
02-05-2019, 07:14 PM
Yes, but they aren't European. I can understand adding Jewish players who live in a particular country, but Israel is a bridge too far for me, TBH.

All Israeli players identified in Morph were Jewish. Here are the photos.

Avgvstvs
02-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Yes, but they aren't European. I can understand adding Jewish players who live in a particular country, but Israel is a bridge too far for me, TBH.Agree

Inviato dal mio RNE-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

Tauromachos
02-05-2019, 09:03 PM

Dude don't post things you have no clue about

Greeks aren't genetically closer to Balkans than to Med

Tauromachos
02-05-2019, 09:05 PM
it was a joke... i don't care really i just said it because it is controversial for some Greeks here
i think genetically Greeks are closer to Med Italians then Balkans and then other Meds like Iberians

Its controversal because its nonesense

If you talk about Balkan in general his statement simply is not true

As for Med it depends if he means by Med European Mediteranean countries or
Mena countries

Damiăo de Góis
02-05-2019, 09:09 PM
Which are the portuguese players out of curiosity?

Pribislav
02-05-2019, 09:10 PM

Greece is Balkan.

KingOf
02-05-2019, 09:13 PM
Its controversal because its nonesense

If you talk about Balkan in general his statement simply is not true

As for Med it depends if he means by Med European Mediteranean countries or
Mena countries

the thing i can agree is that Greece is more Mediterranean than Balkan that's true
but imo we have more similarities with South Balkanites than with Iberians
these labels Mediterranean,Balkan etc. represent diversity anyway... British and Swedes are both North European but doesn't mean they are similar

CollectingDust
02-05-2019, 09:49 PM
Which are the portuguese players out of curiosity?

CollectingDust
02-05-2019, 09:53 PM
I'd like to edit the morphs to move Greeks to Med, but rather than just adding them to later posts, I'd like to edit the first original post. There doesn't seem to be a way of editing the first post (although my later posts do have an edit tab). Am I missing something?

Valwar
02-05-2019, 10:26 PM
I'd like to edit the morphs to move Greeks to Med, but rather than just adding them to later posts, I'd like to edit the first original post. There doesn't seem to be a way of editing the first post (although my later posts do have an edit tab). Am I missing something?

You can only edit your post a few hours (or something) after it was originally posted.

CollectingDust
02-05-2019, 10:54 PM
Updated Morphs. Greek moved to Med section.

KuriousKatKommittee
02-06-2019, 01:01 AM
These are morphs created from national soccer teams.
Nice work, dawg.
Greek, Israeli, Turk, and Portuguese composites are the hottest tbh imhotep.

Gangrel
02-06-2019, 01:02 AM
Another reason why these morphs suck ass, these people literally all look the same.

Morena
02-06-2019, 02:37 AM
Nice work, dawg.
Greek, Israeli, Turk, and Portuguese composites are the hottest tbh imhotep.

I like the French and Portuguese one best. The English one is also handsome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iloko
02-06-2019, 02:43 AM
good job! I really like the portuguese and spanish ones as far as my personal tastes go that is :)

CollectingDust
02-06-2019, 04:55 PM
How do you insert image and have it not appear as attachment, but as part of the post? Sorry for such a basic question. All previous attempts have failed.

Alenka
02-06-2019, 05:19 PM
How do you insert image and have it not appear as attachment, but as part of the post? Sorry for such a basic question. All previous attempts have failed.
You can upload an image to imgur.com and post the link between [IMG][/ IMG] (without the space).

Alenka
02-06-2019, 05:26 PM
Btw, very nicely done. Thank you for taking the time.
:)

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-06-2019, 05:29 PM
why is Croatia dumped in Balkan section ? They are genetically closer to Hungarians than to any Balkanites. Which players did you use ?

gıulıoımpa
02-06-2019, 05:34 PM
why is Croatia dumped in Balkan section ? They are genetically closer to Hungarians than to any Balkanites. Which players did you use ?

i'm surprised you thumbed down the OP post before even getting an answer to your questions. not nice

CollectingDust
02-06-2019, 05:41 PM
You can upload an image to imgur.com and post the link between [IMG][/ IMG] (without the space).

Thank you.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-06-2019, 05:41 PM
i'm surprised you thumbed down the OP post before even getting an answer to your questions. not nice

He got thumbs up for improved Slovene morph also.

gıulıoımpa
02-06-2019, 05:42 PM
He got thumbs up for improved Slovene morph also.

the decider of fates

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-06-2019, 05:43 PM
the decider of fates

I gave him thumbs up before thumbs down. You agree we are free to express our opinion on the matter ?

Magnolia
02-06-2019, 05:47 PM
Cristiano viejo will love you. :D

CollectingDust
02-06-2019, 06:05 PM
Here are the Croat players used for the morph.

Croatian haplogroup profile falls within Balkan people compared to South Central Europeans, e.g., Hungarians.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-06-2019, 06:12 PM
Here are the Croat players used for the morph.

Croatian haplogroup profile falls within Balkan people compared to South Central Europeans, e.g., Hungarians.

what is ''Balkan haplogroup'' ? If it's Albanians than Croats have absolutely nothing to do with them. Don't speak nonsense man. Autosomal >>> haplogroups

Balkan is more genetically diverse than rest of Europe combined.

Regarding Y dna

The sub-populations were divided in five regions which sub-populations showed strong similarity and homogeneity of paternal genetic contribution, with exception of sub-population from southern Croatia who showed a mild difference. Additionaly to high degree of overall homogenity, there are gradient similarities to central European cluster (West Slavic, Hungarian), and southeastern European cluster (Bosnian, Serbian, Romanian,), going from north to south

Dick
02-06-2019, 06:15 PM
Balkan is more genetically diverse than rest of Europe combined.

True

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-06-2019, 06:18 PM
True

It would be better if he made divisions like West Slavic, South Slavic, East Slavic, and such.

CollectingDust
02-06-2019, 06:18 PM
I said nothing about "Balkan haplogroup". I said "Balkan people. There is no "Balkan haplogroup".

To me, Croations have a haplogroup profile much closer to other Balkan people than to South Central Europeans, e.g., Hungarians. I did not create these numbers, they are from Eupedia. Yes, Balkans are "more genetically diverse than rest of Europe combined", but that just means that no one haplogroup dominates any of the Balkan people in the same way, e.g., R1b dominates Western Europe. As I look at the numbers, Balkan people are very closely "diverse" in similar patterns of haplogroup distributions.

Dick
02-06-2019, 06:20 PM
Wouldnt these so-called average morphs look different if you used basketball, hockey, rubgy etc national teams?

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-06-2019, 06:21 PM
I said nothing about "Balkan haplogroup". I said "Balkan people. There is no "Balkan haplogroup".

To me, Croations have a haplogroup profile much closer to other Balkan people than to South Central Europeans, e.g., Hungarians. I did not create these numbers, they are from Eupedia. Yes, Balkans are "more genetically diverse than rest of Europe combined", but that just means that no one haplogroup dominates any of the Balkan people in the same way, e.g., R1b dominates Western Europe. As I look at the numbers, Balkan people are very closely "diverse" in similar patterns of haplogroup distributions.

Shut the fuck up. I have Germanic haplogroup and I'm fully Slavic. North Croatian Y dna is predominately R1a which is not ''Balkan''.

North Croats are majority in Croatia, understand ? We don't want association with dirty Balkan asshole. It's fucking insulting. And genetically most of us are Central Europeans. Want to see some results ? I have plenty.

CollectingDust
02-06-2019, 06:23 PM
Wouldnt these so-called average morphs look different if you used basketball, hockey, rubgy etc national teams?

I don't think so. These are all young men, mostly under 30, who are at the peak of physical health for their country's ethnic group. In a sense, they are the "ideal" physical type for their ethnic group. I simply chose soccer players because their data was easier to obtain. Soccer also has the advantage in that different physical types are represented, from very tall and lanky to very short and stocky.

CollectingDust
02-06-2019, 06:25 PM
Shut the fuck up. I have Germanic haplogroup and I'm fully Slavic. North Croatian Y dna is predominately R1a which is not ''Balkan''.

North Croats are majority in Croatia, understand ? We don't want association with dirty Balkan asshole. It's fucking insulting. And genetically most of us are Central Europeans. Want to see some results ? I have plenty.

Ha ha, I just noticed you and I have the same Y Haplogroup. How ironic! Regardless, keep pounding your head against numbers. If we take insult at numbers and demand particularization for every individual difference, I'm not sure where it ends.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-06-2019, 06:28 PM
Ha ha, I just noticed you and I have the same Y Haplogroup. How ironic! Regardless, keep pounding your head against numbers. If we take insult at numbers and demand particularization for every individual difference, I'm not sure where it ends.

Your morphs are decent. I dislike your division, but it's up to you. Regardless, cheers.

CollectingDust
02-06-2019, 06:31 PM
Cheers! I will grant you that Croats are an outlier and the more I look at their numbers their "Caucasus" percentage is dramatically lower than the other Balkan people. I will move them to South Central Europeans.

Poor Balkans! No one wants anything to do with it. First the Greeks and now the Croats are out.

nittionia
02-06-2019, 06:35 PM
A lot of them have friendly faces

CollectingDust
02-06-2019, 06:55 PM
Latest version:

https://i.imgur.com/VBlLBnD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/KCKgBj8.jpg

Skjaldemjřden
02-06-2019, 11:35 PM
I'm not sure why Israel is in this morph, but anyway almost all Jewish players in Israel's national team are Mizrahi. Dan Glazer and Sheran Yeini are the only Ashkenazim, as far as I could find.

CollectingDust
02-06-2019, 11:49 PM
I'm not sure why Israel is in this morph, but anyway almost all Jewish players in Israel's national team are Mizrahi. Dan Glazer and Sheran Yeini are the only Ashkenazim, as far as I could find.

First, apparent non-Jews want Israel out of a "European Morph". Now an apparent Jew wants Israel out. I was just trying to include Israel in the broader European family. The same logic was applied to including Turkey.

I'll take your word for it that most of the Jewish players are non-Ashkenazim. In my defense, they were all listed as having been born in Israel and non-Arab and seemed to identify as Jewish.

Skjaldemjřden
02-07-2019, 01:41 AM
First, apparent non-Jews want Israel out of a "European Morph". Now an apparent Jew wants Israel out. I was just trying to include Israel in the broader European family. The same logic was applied to including Turkey.

I'll take your word for it that most of the Jewish players are non-Ashkenazim. In my defense, they were all listed as having been born in Israel and non-Arab and seemed to identify as Jewish.

Maybe title it Europid morphs instead? Anyway take everything in this forums with a grain of salt. As far as Israel goes, roughly half the Jewish population is Ashkenazi by descent. Those two players are the only Ashkenazim in the national team.

Dick
02-07-2019, 02:15 AM
A lot of them have friendly faces

That's what people said about Ted Bundy's face too.