PDA

View Full Version : Greek President Pavlopoulos threatens to block Albania’s EU accession

Crn Volk
02-05-2019, 11:50 PM
https://english.republika.mk/news/balkans/greek-president-pavlopoulos-threatens-to-block-albanias-eu-accession/

Greek President Pavlopoulos threatens to block Albania’s EU accession

Greek President Prokopis Pavlopoulos threatened Albania with blocking its accession to the European Union, if the Albanian authorities don’t immediately improve their treatment of the Greek minority in the south of the country. The threat comes just as Greece is expected to stop blocking Macedonia’s NATO and EU accession.

''We support Albania’s European perspective, but Albania must respect all the rights of the Greek minority guaranteed by international law and their basic human rights, President Pavlopoulos said.''

The Greek President said that Albania obstructs property rights of Greeks living there. Tensions between the two countries have increased after a Greek nationalist was killed by Albanian police in an incident in a border village, and later an Albanian citizen was killed in Corfu by Greek neo-Nazis after arguing over Macedonia’s name and Albanian – Greek disputes.

Albobalboa
02-06-2019, 06:06 PM
Let Golden Dawn march for it.

Voskos
02-26-2019, 12:34 AM
Give me a reason for Greece not to.

MagnusDark
05-06-2019, 06:37 PM
https://english.republika.mk/news/balkans/greek-president-pavlopoulos-threatens-to-block-albanias-eu-accession/

Greek President Pavlopoulos threatens to block Albania’s EU accession

Greek President Prokopis Pavlopoulos threatened Albania with blocking its accession to the European Union, if the Albanian authorities don’t immediately improve their treatment of the Greek minority in the south of the country. The threat comes just as Greece is expected to stop blocking Macedonia’s NATO and EU accession.

''We support Albania’s European perspective, but Albania must respect all the rights of the Greek minority guaranteed by international law and their basic human rights, President Pavlopoulos said.''

The Greek President said that Albania obstructs property rights of Greeks living there. Tensions between the two countries have increased after a Greek nationalist was killed by Albanian police in an incident in a border village, and later an Albanian citizen was killed in Corfu by Greek neo-Nazis after arguing over Macedonia’s name and Albanian – Greek disputes.

Thats cute coming from Greece. Aren't they well known for abusing and trying to forcefully assimilate all minorities in their country? Yet they expect respect but don't give it. The whole region(Greece and the Balkans) are completely stuck in the past.

Bosniensis
05-06-2019, 06:57 PM
I love that Balkan mentality. Greeks are trying to pose as Westerners but this act proves they are not.

They are 100% pure Balkan bastards.

I would also block my neighbors accession to EU just because I can.. I would look for a reason later...

Cristiano viejo
05-06-2019, 07:03 PM
God... Europe needs such blockade. If not millions of Albanians would flood Western Europe as fuck :picard1:

dosas
05-06-2019, 07:11 PM
Greece is not doing anything other than expressing Brussels' sentiment and directions. It's just that it's acting as the bad guy, so the good ol' EU doesn't tarnish its image, because reasons.

Also, idiots with zero clues on geopolitics shouldn't get their panties in a twist, all of a sudden.

Papastratosels26
05-06-2019, 07:18 PM
Greeks are trying to pose as Westerners but this act proves they are not.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190506/c38aeac3253b87898a195e25f9ffa076.jpg

Albobalboa
05-07-2019, 12:16 PM
Greece couldn't stop 1 million Slavs from taking the name Macedonia lol. It's a nation where hundreds of thousands were killed over left/right ideology and the nation is kept alive by German loans. Without Europe the state collapses.

Their threats are just European threats through a vassal intermediary.

Dorian
05-07-2019, 12:20 PM
Thats cute coming from Greece. Aren't they well known for abusing and trying to forcefully assimilate all minorities in their country? Yet they expect respect but don't give it. The whole region(Greece and the Balkans) are completely stuck in the past.

Which minorities son of whore?abused&forcefully assimilated shit?you confuse us with our border nations it seems.

Ujku
05-08-2019, 05:09 PM
Which minorities son of whore?abused&forcefully assimilated shit?you confuse us with our border nations it seems.

lol there are not minorities because you consider everyone as a Greek. Go learn your history im tired of repeating the same shit over and over again ..