PDA

View Full Version : No gun law

Boudica
05-25-2011, 05:55 AM
So many liberals in America want there to be a no gun law. They think that if there is a no gun law it will prevent crime and America will be SO much better. In a fantasy world where rapists, murderers, and burglars don't exist that may be true, but we don't live in a fantasy world do we?

If there was a no gun law it would make things even more dangerous for honest, law abiding citizens. Many Americans keep a gun in their house or legally concealed for safety purposes (if some one breaks into their home/if a criminal tries to victimize them). How would an honest law abiding citizen protect themselves if it were illegal for them to own a gun? What then would they do if a criminal with a gun broke into their house with the worst intentions, or if they were held at gun point in an alley?

People who want there to be a no gun law would say "well thats the point, criminals would not be able to have guns". This is such bull s&^%.. Lets look at the definition of the word criminal:A person who commits crimes. Do these people honestly think that just because there is a no gun law criminals will not possess guns?! Do they think that criminals will just say "welp it's a law now guys, we can't have guns anymore"?? Criminals would actually prefer there to be a no gun law so they don't have to worry about getting shot by their victim. By them being the only one with the gun gives them even more of an advantage then they already have, and it would make criminals richer! The guns would just be illegally imported and sold underground at an even more expensive price. Drugs are illegal, but you sure as hell still see people using them don't you?

I know that I'm ranting, but a person really made me mad tonight. lol. Sorry for the 8 page long thread, but i'm just trying to get my point across. What are your views on a no gun law?

Gaztelu
05-25-2011, 06:10 AM
Here is something I posted long ago:

Something interesting I picked up:

"The Gun Is Civilization" by Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that's it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.

The gun is:

The only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we'd be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a [armed] mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger's potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat--it has no validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed.

People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a

civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser.

People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don't constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level.

The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply wouldn't work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn't both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation... and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)

So the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced.

Thank You

poiuytrewq0987
05-25-2011, 06:15 AM
Guns need to stay legal in America because there is no ethnic homogeneity and thus crime is naturally more likely to happen making guns are a good way to stop crime.

Boudica
05-25-2011, 06:19 AM
Here is something I posted long ago:

Very nice, if I may say so myself sir.

Boudica
05-25-2011, 06:27 AM
Guns need to stay legal in America because there is no ethnic homogeneity and thus crime is naturally more likely to happen making guns are a good way to stop crime.

Indeed, if all guns were illegal it would make it 10x easier for them to commit crimes, and they would know that they wouldn't get a 'cap busted in their ass'.

Debaser11
05-25-2011, 06:55 AM
Yeah, on the one hand, some liberals like to argue for things like pot to be legalized because it would stamp out the black market but then ignore that such a thing exists for guns, as well. It's like liberals have never been in a simple pawn shop. lol

Magister Eckhart
05-25-2011, 07:38 AM
I have the following to say on the subject:

http://www.fortliberty.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/nra-life-member.jpg

Matritensis
05-25-2011, 08:18 AM
Getting a Glock 17 this week....enough said.

Matritensis
05-25-2011, 08:40 AM
In my opinion everyone,or at least every adult man should learn how to use firearms effectively or have basic notions about their use.

Bloodeagle
05-25-2011, 08:43 AM
A no-gun law would be a tough sell, to the American public, especially outside of the liberal cesspools like Frisco, Boston, and New York City. :) I do enjoy my states gun friendly laws, or lack of laws, where people can still be seen with iron on their hips in public places. Many people here do conceal carry without a permit, because we don't need a permit to carry a concealed firearm. We also have a very cool law that allows a person to stop, with lethal force, someone that is actively committing the crime of rape, kidnapping, or any other crime that threatens another persons life.
Try and take this away and you will have a massive revolt of the people on your hands.

Boudica
05-25-2011, 04:25 PM
In my opinion everyone,or at least every adult man should learn how to use firearms effectively or have basic notions about their use.

I definitely agree.

Bloodeagle
05-25-2011, 09:49 PM

I agree and a demonstration of an individuals understanding of gun safety should be required with each gun purchase. So many Americans own guns, that they don't even know how to operate, much less where the safety is located. I believe that if gun safety was pushed as hard as gun control, then there would be fewer irresponsible and accidental fatalities, but instead the gun control lobby uses these numbers to their advantage.

A nephew of mine nearly lost the lower half of his leg, last year, from an accidental discharge of a 45 ACP S&W M&P. His friend told him the pistol wasn't loaded (famous last words) and coupled with the fact that he was not accustomed to a trigger safety, shot himself in the calf and destroyed much of the muscle.
Had he been trained in gun safety, this would not have happened.

Boudica
05-26-2011, 05:11 AM
I agree and a demonstration of an individuals understanding of gun safety should be required with each gun purchase. So many Americans own guns, that they don't even know how to operate, much less where the safety is located. I believe that if gun safety was pushed as hard as gun control, then there would be fewer irresponsible and accidental fatalities, but instead the gun control lobby uses these numbers to their advantage.

A nephew of mine nearly lost the lower half of his leg, last year, from an accidental discharge of a 45 ACP S&W M&P. His friend told him the pistol wasn't loaded (famous last words) and coupled with the fact that he was not accustomed to a trigger safety, shot himself in the calf and destroyed much of the muscle.

I'm very sorry about your nephew, I am very glad to hear that it wasn't fatal though. I agree, everyone should be trained about gun safety and using a gun. This would decrease the amount of accidents, and allow people to actually know how to use their guns effectively if needed.

Magister Eckhart
05-26-2011, 07:16 AM

This is part of the reason why I volunteer frequently to run BB-gun and rifle ranges with the Boy Scouts; the younger you familiarise boys with firearms and firearm safety, the less likely it is that a sad event such as this will happen.

Running safety courses and firearm ranges is some of the best teaching experience I've ever had, too, and for me the most rewarding. You teach in a school and you're never sure what you really accomplish, but when you teach things like gun safety you know you're teaching something useful and you know you're doing some real good for the boys. Actually, I feel that way about all of the instructing I've done with the Scouts in survival and safety skills.

Smaland
05-26-2011, 05:35 PM
A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
-- Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution --

The second amendment makes any and all federal gun control laws null and void. Many are either ignorant of what it really says, or refuse to acknowledge it.