PDA

View Full Version : Pigmentation of Albanians

Supercomputer
02-14-2019, 12:07 PM
This is only study I was able to find. It shows skin, hair and eye and moustache colors on more than 1000 samples. it was done on Ghegs. Are there any more?

https://i.postimg.cc/0QcdxS1y/Albaninans-2.jpg

Thanks

KastriotiBlood
02-25-2019, 06:56 PM
Fake, in my family there are almost as many blondes as you have in that entire data set, no such thing as a "dark" gheg either unless this was done in the middle of august at a beach in durres

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-25-2019, 07:00 PM
Fake, in my family there are almost as many blondes as you have in that entire data set, no such thing as a "dark" gheg either

Lmao

Tigranes
02-25-2019, 07:11 PM
Fake, in my family there are almost as many blondes as you have in that entire data set, no such thing as a "dark" gheg either unless this was done in the middle of august at a beach in durres

>there are many blondes in my family
>so entire albanians are blonde nordic master race!
https://i.imgflip.com/2a6po9.jpg

KastriotiBlood
02-25-2019, 07:25 PM
>there are many blondes in my family
>so entire albanians are blonde nordic master race!
https://i.imgflip.com/2a6po9.jpg

I didn't say that, just that data is wrong based on my observation. I mean considering the romans weren't blonde and they had the greatest empire it would be difficult to make the claim that blondes are master race anyway

Supercomputer
02-26-2019, 12:59 PM

I don't think the data is fake. More likely your definitions are different than the that of the study.

Joso
02-26-2019, 01:08 PM
I didn't say that, just that data is wrong based on my observation. I mean considering the romans weren't blonde and they had the greatest empire it would be difficult to make the claim that blondes are master race anyway

Most Roman patricians looked dinarid, so ancient Romans were probably Albanian. Do you agree?

CommonSense
02-26-2019, 01:28 PM
https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?257544-Albanian-sound&p=5387662&viewfull=1#post5387662

:)

Brįs Garcia de Mascarenhas
02-26-2019, 01:33 PM
This is the first time I see a study involving mustache pigmentation, I like how they set their priorities :P

Supercomputer
02-26-2019, 01:52 PM
This is the first time I see a study involving mustache pigmentation, I like how they set their priorities :P

You should check out this Swedish study of pubic hair:
https://archive.org/details/racialcharacters00lund/page/114

KastriotiBlood
02-26-2019, 04:38 PM
Most Roman patricians looked dinarid, so ancient Romans were probably Albanian. Do you agree?

No, romans and albanians are/were seperate races though I am sure there was mixing with romans using ilyrian soldiers on their side and also mixing in albania post ilyrian wars, the two groups have very long history. This is why I asked what percentage of tosks are related to romans but no one seems to have any studies/data

Supercomputer
02-27-2019, 07:01 AM
Forgot to add this (Albanians compared to Serbs, Macedonians and Montenegrins in eye color):

https://i.postimg.cc/PJ3ryXsx/284.gif

KastriotiBlood
03-01-2019, 06:27 PM
Forgot to add this (Albanians compared to Serbs, Macedonians and Montenegrins in eye color):

By your data wherever you are getting it from, serbs that look like djokovic, mitrovic, milivojevic, markovic or extreme cases like that divac fella are all from arabs that raped slavic women during ottoman years? I don't think so, I think all south slavs had black hair when they came into europe and mixed over time to attain blonde genes

Do you understand what hitler and the nazis thought of serbs? They were NOT blonde or aryan, if they are they have mixed with germans and north ilyrians/ghegs in europe and hitler wanted to put an end to it

Please feel free to tell me that you are a greater scientist than the nazis who were also responsible for nasa moon missions

I do not hate the serbs by the way, there is only one enemy for me that stands above the rest and it is the same as kastriotis

Token
03-02-2019, 01:12 PM

Perfectly corresponds to genetics.

KastriotiBlood
03-02-2019, 07:31 PM
This is a typical serbian male in terms of appearance:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ibtimes.co.uk/germany-serbian-migrants-gang-rape-14-year-old-schoolgirl-15-year-old-girl-films-attack-1547684

There is no such thing as a pure blue eyed serb, they are mixed race

Moje ime
03-02-2019, 07:34 PM

lol

CommonSense
03-02-2019, 08:18 PM
This is a typical serbian male in terms of appearance:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ibtimes.co.uk/germany-serbian-migrants-gang-rape-14-year-old-schoolgirl-15-year-old-girl-films-attack-1547684

You're all a bunch of Serbs then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KfA2wlbutM

KastriotiBlood
03-02-2019, 08:30 PM
You're all a bunch of Serbs then:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KfA2wlbutM

I would say they look slightly different to the typical serb (more italian or maybe even greek look) but some albanians may have serb ancestors too

My point was that the pure serbs which came to europe about 14 centuries ago would have been black hair/dark eyes instead of blonde/blue eyed. That isn't a bad thing, the romans weren't blonde either but making up nonsense that serbs are blonde isn't correct, only the mixed ones are.

If the serbs were blonde/blue eyed the nazis wouldn't have had such a problem with them don't you think?

CommonSense
03-02-2019, 08:43 PM
I would say they look slightly different to the typical serb (more italian or maybe even greek look) but some albanians may have serb ancestors too

My point was that the pure serbs which came to europe about 14 centuries ago would have been black hair/dark eyes instead of blonde/blue eyed. That isn't a bad thing, the romans weren't blonde either but making up nonsense that serbs are blonde isn't correct, only the mixed ones are.

If the serbs were blonde/blue eyed the nazis wouldn't have had such a problem with them don't you think?

The main enemies of the nazis, after the Jews, were Poles, Russians and Ukrainians. All of them were supposed to be subjugated, exploited and utterly thinned out in order to make way for German colonists. As we all know, none of those ethncities were any darker than the average German from the Reich. In fact, it was the Italians that were considered dark (Mediterranean) by Hitler, yet he accepted them as allies, as he did with the Bulgarians and Romanians.
You didn't give this much thought, did you? :bored:

Supercomputer
03-05-2019, 12:02 PM
By your data wherever you are getting it from, serbs that look like djokovic, mitrovic, milivojevic, markovic or extreme cases like that divac fella are all from arabs that raped slavic women during ottoman years? I don't think so, I think all south slavs had black hair when they came into europe and mixed over time to attain blonde genes

Do you understand what hitler and the nazis thought of serbs? They were NOT blonde or aryan, if they are they have mixed with germans and north ilyrians/ghegs in europe and hitler wanted to put an end to it

Please feel free to tell me that you are a greater scientist than the nazis who were also responsible for nasa moon missions

I do not hate the serbs by the way, there is only one enemy for me that stands above the rest and it is the same as kastriotis

IDK why you are acting like I'm the source of this study, I just report what I find. I'm not cherry picking anything I can give you the link, I've tried to find more original authors to get more data I've searched for Weninger for Albanians and Rolleder for Serbs, but no luck, it's not available of Jstor, nor on archive.org. The only place where it's available is hathitrust and they have it copyrighted (year a 100 old study copyrighted go figure.) If you have any studies that contradict this by all means post them here. But I don't think there's anything wrong with the table I've posted. Serbs are north of Albanians so it's logically they would be lighter in eye color. Eye color correlates with latitude even more than hair color - almost perfectly. Montenegrins are also darker in eye color than Serbs (contrary to what Coon wrote) logically given where they live.

KastriotiBlood
03-07-2019, 12:51 PM
IDK why you are acting like I'm the source of this study, I just report what I find. I'm not cherry picking anything I can give you the link, I've tried to find more original authors to get more data I've searched for Weninger for Albanians and Rolleder for Serbs, but no luck, it's not available of Jstor, nor on archive.org. The only place where it's available is hathitrust and they have it copyrighted (year a 100 old study copyrighted go figure.) If you have any studies that contradict this by all means post them here. But I don't think there's anything wrong with the table I've posted. Serbs are north of Albanians so it's logically they would be lighter in eye color. Eye color correlates with latitude even more than hair color - almost perfectly. Montenegrins are also darker in eye color than Serbs (contrary to what Coon wrote) logically given where they live.

Eye/hair colour is only decided by genetics not birth place on the globe. The point is real serbs have/had black hair, dark eye colour, these are serbs that came to the balkans from asia. Since then they have mixed a lot with germans and others to have other appearances.

Did you know that there are a lot more dark skinned people in uk, france, usa than balkan countries? Shouldn't they have blue eyes and blonde hair even though their parents are african? Oh wait

KastriotiBlood
03-07-2019, 12:59 PM
The main enemies of the nazis, after the Jews, were Poles, Russians and Ukrainians. All of them were supposed to be subjugated, exploited and utterly thinned out in order to make way for German colonists. As we all know, none of those ethncities were any darker than the average German from the Reich. In fact, it was the Italians that were considered dark (Mediterranean) by Hitler, yet he accepted them as allies, as he did with the Bulgarians and Romanians.
You didn't give this much thought, did you? :bored:

I did give it thought, I've already said that the nazis saw italians as mediterrian aryans due to the romans and prior. They did not like the serbs at all and saw them as inferior race, they did their thorough research as always and came to that conclusion. How do you think they figured out jews and serbs in and around germany? A lot of it had to do with appearance and guys like mitrovic, milivojevic etc would have been easy pickings for the nazis because they stand out in germany

CommonSense
03-07-2019, 01:45 PM
I did give it thought, I've already said that the nazis saw italians as mediterrian aryans due to the romans and prior. They did not like the serbs at all and saw them as inferior race, they did their thorough research as always and came to that conclusion. How do you think they figured out jews and serbs in and around germany? A lot of it had to do with appearance and guys like mitrovic, milivojevic etc would have been easy pickings for the nazis because they stand out in germany

Sure, Serbs were the primary target of the nazi war machine (after the Jews), that's why we were excluded from the orginal war plans for 1941. and a pact was singed with the Yugoslav government on March 25th :rotfl: The only war of annihilation (Vernichtungskrieg) the Wehrmacht led was against the Soviet Union. I suppose the East Slavs must have been a very dark-looking bunch indeed to deserve such a fate.

KastriotiBlood
03-07-2019, 02:04 PM
Sure, Serbs were the primary target of the nazi war machine (after the Jews), that's why we were excluded from the orginal war plans for 1941. and a pact was singed with the Yugoslav government on March 25th :rotfl: The only war of annihilation (Vernichtungskrieg) the Wehrmacht led was against the Soviet Union. I suppose the East Slavs must have been a very dark-looking bunch indeed to deserve such a fate.

Russia is a powerhouse and thus a threat to the nazis, they had to try to eliminate them. I don't think race played much of a role in this scenario.

I disagree with the nazis of course saying that serbs and jews are inferior because even if they were, killing innocent people is not the way to go about it but they felt it was the quickest and cheapest way (again a horrible way to value another living thing) so they could use their remaining resources on the battlefield

North Sea
03-27-2019, 01:46 PM

Weninger only used 95 Albanian samples, Coon used over 1000.

Rollander used more Serb samples than Montenigrin.

Coons work is a collection of various anthropological studies from various different anthropologists that studied all those nations and people, he lists the sources in his book , its a recreation of Ripleys book, including those various anthopologists you have listed. It includes samples within the thousands for each ethnicity.

They both list Albanians as lighter than Serbs and many South Slavs , not that I really care about pigmentation.

Supercomputer
03-27-2019, 02:43 PM
Weninger only used 95 Albanian samples, Coon used over 1000.

Rollander used more Serb samples than Montenigrin.

Coons work is a collection of various anthropological studies from various different anthropologists that studied all those nations and people, he lists the sources in his book , its a recreation of Ripleys book, including those various anthopologists you have listed. It includes samples within the thousands for each ethnicity.

They both list Albanians as lighter than Serbs and many South Slavs , not that I really care about pigmentation.

Coon's work is mostly solid but made a few mistakes which are understandable for his time. For example he wrote that Montenegro have equally light eyed as Slovenians which is obviously false. His map does put Ghegs in category that has less pure darks than Serbs, but that does not make them have more blonds and blue eyes. Even if we focus only on pure dark vs mixed, it's strange for a few reasons. First 90 percent of Albanians in the very study he cites have dark hair and second, the eye color categories have "gray-brown" listed TWICE suggesting it's probably an error.

If there is no error that would mean only 35,8% of Ghegs have brown eyes (that is less than Hungary and even Slovenia) That would be very strange for a country so far south.

North Sea
03-27-2019, 02:50 PM
Coon's work is mostly solid but made a few mistakes which are understandable for his time. For example he wrote that Montenegro have equally light eyed as Slovenians which is obviously false. His map does put Ghegs in category that has less pure darks than Serbs, but that does not make them have more blonds and blue eyes. Even if we focus only on pure dark vs mixed, it's strange for a few reasons. First 90 percent of Albanians in the very study he cites have dark hair and second, the eye color categories have "gray-brown" listed TWICE suggesting it's probably an error.

Most of the black hair he lists he claimed was only for people in their 40s . Black hair peaked then , other than that , black hair was a minority. People were mostly dark brown hair and brown haired, a lot of the grey brown eyes were pred. Grey actually , I asume the 2nd set which is less was pred brown eyed.

But Ghegs did have also purer brown eyes than pure light. And yes majority were dark haired but light brown is kinda of a blondish hair color, add that with other blonde and red and you get over 100 samples of people with light, not majority but it aint that rare either.

Many Ghegs had light beards , light skin was majority with a minority of olive skinned people. This is why Albanians can appear as diverse depending on what types you meet and see.

I dont think we are darker than South Slavs. I think we are similar to Bosniaks in pigmentation and were described as such by Coon. Many South Slavs are whitewashed.

Regarding Montenigrins and Serbs, samples were used well into the 1000s , including from Serbian researchers.

There was one anthropologists alone that used 800 Montenigrin samples to measure height.

According to ripley, mountaineers were on average paler due to poverty. Although I dont know if thats accurate but indeed mountaineers ate only once a day. Both Montenigrins and Ghegs happen to be mountaineers.

Supercomputer
03-27-2019, 03:21 PM
Most of the black hair he lists he claimed was only for people in their 40s . Black hair peaked then , other than that , black hair was a minority. People were mostly dark brown hair and brown haired, a lot of the grey brown eyes were pred. Grey actually , I asume the 2nd set which is less was pred brown eyed.

But Ghegs did have also purer brown eyes than pure light. And yes majority were dark haired but light brown is kinda of a blondish hair color, add that with other blonde and red and you get over 100 samples of people with light, not majority but it aint that rare either.

Many Ghegs had light beards , light skin was majority with a minority of olive skinned people. This is why Albanians can appear as diverse depending on what types you meet and see.

I dont think we are darker than South Slavs. I think we are similar to Bosniaks in pigmentation and were described as such by Coon. Many South Slavs are whitewashed.

Regarding Montenigrins and Serbs, samples were used well into the 1000s , including from Serbian researchers.

There was one anthropologists alone that used 800 Montenigrin samples to measure height.

According to ripley, mountaineers were on average paler due to poverty. Although I dont know if thats accurate but indeed mountaineers ate only once a day. Both Montenigrins and Ghegs happen to be mountaineers.

(If there is no error) It's much more likely it's the opposite. The fist category is probably hazel eyes and the second mostly light ones. That would give them about 14% light eyes which is very similar to the numbers in the Wenniger study. About equal to Macedonians which makes sense.

I don't think Albanians have equal or similar numbers of pure light features to that of Bosniaks. Maybe pure brown vs mixed, but not blond hair and blue/gray eyes. Bosniaks are basically on the Croatian level of pigmentation. Almost 40% light eyed with 20% blue. Much higher than Albanians. Blond hair color is more difficult to compare without scales but around a third of them have light (blond or light brown) hair. Still much more than Albanians in this Coon study. Albanians are comparable to South Slavs like Macedonians or Bulgarians but darker than Bosniaks or Croats.

Montenegrins have darker eyes than Serbs both according to Dyachenko/Vlašik as well as Rolleder. Only about 9% have pure blue eyes compared to around 17% of Serbs.

KastriotiBlood
04-02-2019, 11:37 PM
(If there is no error) It's much more likely it's the opposite. The fist category is probably hazel eyes and the second mostly light ones. That would give them about 14% light eyes which is very similar to the numbers in the Wenniger study. About equal to Macedonians which makes sense.

I don't think Albanians have equal or similar numbers of pure light features to that of Bosniaks. Maybe pure brown vs mixed, but not blond hair and blue/gray eyes. Bosniaks are basically on the Croatian level of pigmentation. Almost 40% light eyed with 20% blue. Much higher than Albanians. Blond hair color is more difficult to compare without scales but around a third of them have light (blond or light brown) hair. Still much more than Albanians in this Coon study. Albanians are comparable to South Slavs like Macedonians or Bulgarians but darker than Bosniaks or Croats.

Montenegrins have darker eyes than Serbs both according to Dyachenko/Vlašik as well as Rolleder. Only about 9% have pure blue eyes compared to around 17% of Serbs.

Brown hair is not common amongst albanians, they either have black hair (maybe you can call it dark brown at times) with sharp facial features, the rest are dirty blonde and a few proper blonde

Supercomputer
04-03-2019, 10:46 AM
Brown hair is not common amongst albanians, they either have black hair (maybe you can call it dark brown at times) with sharp facial features, the rest are dirty blonde and a few proper blonde

That's what the study says