PDA

View Full Version : Haplogroups of my 23andme Greek matches.

xripkan
02-15-2019, 08:30 PM
I wrote down the haplogroups of my Greek relatives at 23andme. Some of them go deeper to a specific subclade while other are more general.
The total of the results I wrote down is 99 so it is easy to see the percentages in a random sample. All of my relatives are uknown to me and the closest prediction is 3rd cousin. So I have no close matches. I was just looking for males whose paternal grandparent is Greek.

The most populous haplogroup is E-V13 with 23 out of 99. Some of these results go deeper to E-M34 subclade but most were just E-V13. It makes sense since this is the most populous haplogroup in Greece.

Then it is haplogroup I2 with 19 out of 99. Most of the results (15) are I-M423 which is dinaric. There were also non-dinaric subclades like I-M223 and I-CTS595.

There were 15 of 99 for J2 haplogroup of various subclades. What impressed me was an individual of Vlach origin who wrote that he had an ancestor who was a soldier at the fifth roman legion 2000 years ago and his surname was relative to this fact. His haplogroup was J-M241 which is Illyrian.

14 individuals had R1a. There were 7 results under Z280 which are Slavic, 5 results more general R-M417 and 2 results under R-Z93, 1 R-F2935 like mine and 1 R-F1345 whose direct subclade is R-F2935. I was a little surprised to find relatives(they were very distant) with different surnames from mine with same haplogroup since it is considered very rare in Greece and Balkans in general.

R1b is next with 13 results, 4 from western branches (R-U152) and other more general like R-M269.

There were 5 results for haplogroup G2a (neolithic farmers) and 5 for J1(semetic according to eupedia).

I also found 3 results for haplogroup H which is connected with Balkan Romani (Gypsy), 2 results for haplogroup T and 1 result for haplogroup L which is south asian.

Do you think this sample is representative of the distribution of greek haplogroups?

xripkan
02-16-2019, 07:01 PM
bump

CommonSense
02-16-2019, 07:02 PM
Bunch of Albanians and Slavs xD

xripkan
02-16-2019, 07:07 PM
Bunch of Albanians and Slavs xD

Which are the albanians according to you?

xripkan
02-16-2019, 10:33 PM
In general there were more I2 than I expected.

CommonSense
02-16-2019, 10:40 PM

A part of the E-V13 and J2 is likely of Albanian origin, though I'm not very knowledgable about which subclades are specifically Albanian. It's also striking that 1/3 of your matches have Slavic Y-DNA! That's higher than what I guessed when I clicked on the thread for the first time.
Also, the number of people with Gypsy haplogroups is higher than I expected too. Are they actual Gypsies, or just Greeks with an assimilated ancestor?

IncelSlayer
02-16-2019, 10:44 PM
What impressed me was an individual of Vlach origin who wrote that he had an ancestor who was a soldier at the fifth roman legion 2000 years ago and his surname was relative to this fact.

Its just bullshit, I've heard this story from plenty of aromanians.

Ayetooey
02-16-2019, 10:49 PM
What was the Vlach's Y dna?

EV-13 is just a Balkanite dna, it's found all over and certainly not Albanian specific; only a few specific clades are linked to tribes. That I2a is slavic tho, aside from the non-dinaric ones. I2a2 can be paleo-balkanite.

xripkan
02-17-2019, 12:08 AM
A part of the E-V13 and J2 is likely of Albanian origin, though I'm not very knowledgable about which subclades are specifically Albanian. It's also striking that 1/3 of your matches have Slavic Y-DNA! That's higher than what I guessed when I clicked on the thread for the first time.
Also, the number of people with Gypsy haplogroups is higher than I expected too. Are they actual Gypsies, or just Greeks with an assimilated ancestor?

I expected less I2 and more non-western R1b. 4 out of 13 R1b belonged to western subclades. The people with haplogoup H had no south Asia results so they must have an assimilated ancestor. I found strange that 2 of my relatives belonged to Z93 subclades. If I add my y dna to the sample it is 3 out of 100 results which belong to the same R-Z93 subclade. Maybe there is a Greek/Balkan branch of R-Z93 which is not discovered yet.

xripkan
02-17-2019, 12:10 AM
What was the Vlach's Y dna?

EV-13 is just a Balkanite dna, it's found all over and certainly not Albanian specific; only a few specific clades are linked to tribes. That I2a is slavic tho, aside from the non-dinaric ones. I2a2 can be paleo-balkanite.

Vlach's haplogroup is J-M241 which is Illyrian so his ancestors were latinized paleobalkanites. The problem is that for many results it doesn't go deeper to a specific subclade. E-V13 goes deeper only in two cases to the subclade E-M34 which is considered Greek.

Ayetooey
02-17-2019, 12:10 AM
ignore..

Dick
02-17-2019, 12:16 AM
Where are mah nI1ggas at?

xripkan
02-17-2019, 12:30 AM
Where are mah nI1ggas at?

I did not find any I1. I think it makes sense for Greece.

Dick
02-17-2019, 01:11 AM
I did not find any I1. I think it makes sense for Greece.

There's some on Ftdna.

xripkan
02-17-2019, 01:18 AM
There's some on Ftdna.

It must have arrived in Balkan with the various germanic tribes during the early medieval period and then in Greece with Balkanic migrations.

Dick
02-17-2019, 01:22 AM
It must have arrived in Balkan with the various germanic tribes during the early medieval period and then in Greece with Balkanic migrations.

They are mostly from northern Greece

kleenex
02-17-2019, 01:25 AM
I haven't dug deep into my haplogroup. I'm G2A and the lineage seems to go back pre-Byzantine (as gathered by a relative who did some research). I would guess that my paternal side has been in Greece for a very long time.

Livin
02-17-2019, 01:27 AM
EV13 is a real greek haplo but some clades coming from arvanites or souiotes but not a big duel.The majority of j2 in Greece can be found mostly among Cretans,Islanders and Laconians in south Greece.In northern Greece j2 clades coming mostly from Pontians,anatolians,cappadocian greeks etc.

As for r1a and I2 are definetly of slavic origins.R1b haplo in crete and peloponesus and even to some islands can be from dorians movements to south greece.In other parts is mostly assosiated with vlachs,aromanians etc.J2b clades are also coming from arvanites and vlachs.

xripkan
02-17-2019, 01:42 AM
I haven't dug deep into my haplogroup. I'm G2A and the lineage seems to go back pre-Byzantine (as gathered by a relative who did some research). I would guess that my paternal side has been in Greece for a very long time.

G2a is neolithic and it peaks in parts of Mediterranean inclunding Greece so your paternal lineage may go back to pelasgians. As far as I know my paternal ancestors were living in Constantinople since at least 11th century or even earlier and they came to southern Greece after 1453.

kleenex
02-17-2019, 01:43 AM
G2a is neolithic and it peaks in parts of Mediterranean inclunding Greece so your paternal lineage may go back to pelasgians. As far as I know my paternal ancestors were living in Constantinople since at least 11th century or even earlier and they came to southern Greece after 1453.

Interesting speculation

xripkan
02-17-2019, 01:44 AM
EV13 is a real greek haplo but some clades coming from arvanites or souiotes but not a big duel.The majority of j2 in Greece can be found mostly among Cretans,Islanders and Laconians in south Greece.In northern Greece j2 clades coming mostly from Pontians,anatolians,cappadocian greeks etc.

As for r1a and I2 are definetly of slavic origins.R1b haplo in crete and peloponesus and even to some islands can be from dorians movements to south greece.In other parts is mostly assosiated with vlachs,aromanians etc.J2b clades are also coming from arvanites and vlachs.

There are not only slavic r1a. There were 2 results under r-z93, 3 with mine. We do not know for 5 more that did not go deeper to a specific subclade.

Livin
02-17-2019, 01:47 AM
There are not only slavic r1a. There were 2 results under r-z93, 3 with mine. We do not know for 5 more that did not go deeper to a specific subclade.

R-z93 among greek people?

xripkan
02-17-2019, 01:52 AM
R-z93 among greek people?

Yes, I belong to a subclade of r-z93 and I did not expect to find 2 more under the same subclade because it is considered very rare in Greece.

Livin
02-17-2019, 02:04 AM
Yes, I belong to a subclade of r-z93 and I did not expect to find 2 more under the same subclade because it is considered very rare in Greece.
Witch region you have ancestry?Z-93 is founding mostly in balkan area.I have never seen a greek with this clade.It exists in bulgars if i remember well.

xripkan
02-17-2019, 02:11 AM
Witch region you have ancestry?Z-93 is founding mostly in balkan area.I have never seen a greek with this clade.It exists in bulgars if i remember well.

I am from Peloponnese, but if I go deep I know my paternal ancestors were living in Constantinople until 1453. I know Scythians/Sarmatians are a good candidate for the origin of my y dna but according to eupedia it is possible that mycenaeans and thracians were r-z93. What do you think?

Mingle
02-17-2019, 02:14 AM
I am from Peloponnese, but if I go deep I know my paternal ancestors were living in Constantinople until 1453. I know Scythians/Sarmatians are a good candidate for the origin of my y dna but according to eupedia it is possible that mycenaeans and thracians were r-z93. What do you think?

It's either from the Ottomans or Persians IMO. If it were from the Thracians or Myceneans, then it shouldn't be so rare. Your clade isn't a Scythian one, but a European-West Asian one.

Here is a relevant graphic:

https://cache.eupedia.com/images/content/R1a-Z93-tree.png

Livin
02-17-2019, 02:15 AM

Dude,i don't know what to say.If you are really a local peloponnesian this haplo might go back to proto-myceneans.The proto-greek people were steppe people and come probably form yamnaya or some other type of indoeuropean culture.The other way is to be native balkan assimilated from some slavic tribes who arrived in peloponesus during middle ages.Its a mystery!!!

Livin
02-17-2019, 02:18 AM
It's either from the Ottomans or Persians IMO. If it were from the Thracians or Myceneans, then it shouldn't be so rare. Your clade isn't a Scythian one, but a European-West Asian one.

It can be porto-greek or balkan witch come here with slavs who knows.But indeed is very rare clade for greeks.

xripkan
02-17-2019, 02:26 AM

I have searched about my subclade and I know that it belongs to Z-93 subclades that never left the eastern european steppes.You can see here the confirmed results https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-F2935/
They are all from Europe. It can't be Asian. I have spoken with the individual from England who had r-f2935 and he told me that after a research of his lineage he considers Sarmatian origin very possible since 5500 Sarmatians were moved to England by the Romans.

lonewolfcypriot
02-17-2019, 02:27 AM
most greeks get Ethiopian matches and they deny it

Livin
02-17-2019, 02:30 AM
I have searched about my subclade and I know that it belongs to Z-93 subclades that never left the eastern european steppes.You can see here the confirmed results https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-F2935/
They are all from Europe. It can't be Asian. I have spoken with the individual from England who had r-f2935 and he told me that after a research of his lineage he considers Sarmatian origin very possible since 5500 Sarmatians were moved to England by the Romans.

There is any other greek with that clade or its only you?

xripkan
02-17-2019, 02:33 AM
There is any other greek with that clade or its only you?

I found 2 others at my relatives on 23andme. They are very distant and we have different surnames. I am not sure about its origin since it was formed 4000 years ago.

Leto
02-17-2019, 10:40 AM
That I2a is slavic tho, aside from the non-dinaric ones. I2a2 can be paleo-balkanite.
Originally Slavic, i.e. from Ukraine, Poland, Belarus and Russia?

Ayetooey
02-17-2019, 03:25 PM
Originally Slavic, i.e. from Ukraine, Poland, Belarus and Russia?

I2a-din? It's from the triangle border of Ukraine, Poland and Belarus yeah.

Voskos
02-17-2019, 03:35 PM
Ev13 is not albanian. I have plenty matches from crete who have it.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-17-2019, 03:45 PM
haplogroup L which is south asian.

I wouldn't call L South Asian. European L1b is very ancient in Europe and West Asia, it's very mysterious haplogroup.
If not for non-paternal event in my line, I would be haplogroup L.

Voskos
02-17-2019, 03:50 PM
And lol@ all the albos identifying as vlachs.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-17-2019, 04:05 PM
Ev13 is not albanian. I have plenty matches from crete who have it.

Lulz, ofc not. It's just Old Balkan haplogroup and so far only Thracian remains were tested E1b, while Illyrian was J2b2 and eastern R1b (if you think Vučedol culture was connected to Illyrians, probably yes)

Voskos
02-17-2019, 04:08 PM
Lulz, ofc not. It's just Old Balkan haplogroup and so far only Thracian remains were tested E1b, while Illyrian was J2b2 and eastern R1b (if you think Vučedol culture was connected to Illyrians, probably yes)

I think it was also found in one illyrian guy but no way it is exclusive to one ethnicity.

Livin
02-17-2019, 04:11 PM
Ev13 is the pelasgian haplogroup. It can be found in whole balkans without problem.

Voskos
02-17-2019, 04:14 PM
Concerning the OP, i personally expected somewhat higher J2 and R1b

Leto
02-17-2019, 04:19 PM
I wouldn't call L South Asian. European L1b is very ancient in Europe and West Asia, it's very mysterious haplogroup.
If not for non-paternal event in my line, I would be haplogroup L.
Why so?
To me L is not European.

dosas
02-17-2019, 04:20 PM
I've read somewhere (anthrogenica or eurogenes, can't remember) that Bulgarian/Greek scores of R1b-Z2103 are associated to proto-balkanic migrations of Yamnaya to the East rather than to the West (originally called ht35 I think), which is introduced with Thracians and Macedonians and spreads into Iran/Armenia.

The problem is that 23andme will most likely stop at R-M269 and not go further (I sent my sample to them, also, recently and I am waiting for the results so I'll be able to confirm) so you may think that those R1bs are Western branches but they may not be such, after all. These R1bs need further testing for deeper sub-clades, they may as well be Z2103s.

The R1b project on FTDNA has some concentrated Z2103s in Bulgaria and Asia Minor at the moment, and only a couple/a few in Greece and Albania.

Leto
02-17-2019, 04:21 PM
I2a-din? It's from the triangle border of Ukraine, Poland and Belarus yeah.
People think of the early Slavs as R1a people while I2 is a Mesolithic European hg.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-17-2019, 04:28 PM
Why so?
To me L is not European.

It's not, but Balkan subclades are present in Europe for tousands of years it seems. Also I don't think it's originally Indian, it peaks among Kalash people actually.

Leto
02-17-2019, 04:29 PM
It's not, but Balkan subclades are present in Europe for tousands of years it seems. Also I don't think it's originally Indian, it peaks among Kalash people actually.
No, I mean why do you think you would've been L?

Voskos
02-17-2019, 04:31 PM
L is the main haplogroup of Calka Pontic Greeks according to ftdna .

Ayetooey
02-17-2019, 04:31 PM
People think of the early Slavs as R1a people while I2 is a Mesolithic European hg.

Well that point of view is half correct, I2a-Din was likely among germanics before R1a slavified it, and of course before germanics it was just native european. But in the context of the Balkans it is slavic since it came with slavic invasions.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-17-2019, 04:34 PM
R1b1a1a2a2/ R-Z2103 sample from Beli Manastir-Popova zemlja (Vučedol culture)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vu%C4%8Dedol_culture

"Illyrian" sample from BA Dinaric Alps

http://i.imgur.com/r4SuBeB.png

^^^Early-Middle Bronze Age (1631-1521 BCE) sample from Veliki Vanik belonged to J2b2a

Livin
02-17-2019, 04:34 PM
L is the main haplogroup of Calka Pontic Greeks according to ftdna .

Yes L is Very old haplo in Black Sea. I wonder if some clades come with persians during the kingdom of pontus. Many Laz people and hemshin also got L lineages.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-17-2019, 04:37 PM
No, I mean why do you think you would've been L?

Because my paternal line is Serb from Balkans who went to Slovenia in early 18th century. Serb with same surname and location close to my ancestor was tested L1b.
On the other hand I just got FTDNA Y37 results and I have no Serb/Balkan matches. This haplogroup I have is common in NW Slovenia (where he settled) though.

I still match some Serb on gedmatch tho like Aye, maybe he's part Croat or something :cool:
Or I have Serb ancestry from other lines, maybe from BiH Croat origin, who knows.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-17-2019, 04:39 PM
Yes L is Very old haplo in Black Sea. I wonder if some clades come with persians during the kingdom of pontus. Many Laz people and hemshin also got L lineages.

L much more likely to be Iranic than Indic marker, even though it's common in India.

Livin
02-17-2019, 04:41 PM
L much more likely to be Iranic than Indic marker, even though it's common in India.

Its neolithic South asian in general, but i have no clue How it come in Black Sea.

Leto
02-17-2019, 04:42 PM
There's an English man on Anthrogenica, he can trace his ancestry at least 4 generations back - all were white British from Eastern Anglia. But he is L-something as well.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-17-2019, 04:43 PM
Its neolithic South asian in general, but i have no clue How it come in Black Sea.

I read Indus Valley Civilisation might have been L lol, no idea if that's true though. Lot of Iranic people have this marker.

Ayetooey
02-17-2019, 04:45 PM
There's an English man on Anthrogenica, he can trace his ancestry at least 4 generations back - all were white British from Eastern Anglia. But he is L-something as well.

L in his case could of been some Anatolian Roman soldier. Especially since you say East Anglia, Roman heartland of Britain.

There's a pure English man I saw who is tested I2a1b dinaric North and matches all with North Slavs.

Mingle
02-17-2019, 04:46 PM

It's more common in Northeast Italy than SE Europe/East Europe. An ancient sample was found in Hungary too.

It's spread seems to be correlated with the distribution of Indo-Iranian speakers so its neither specifically Indic or Iranic, but just a generic Indo-Iranian clade.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-17-2019, 04:49 PM
I am kinda sad now not to be L1b, would have feel very unique if my supposed ancestor didn't get cucked :cry2:cry2

Voskos
02-17-2019, 04:51 PM

Good question. I noticed that when a greek carries a strange arvanitic surname, among my matches, he's always J2b2 or R1b cts9219. But i only match few of those so it's probably not very representative.

Mingle
02-17-2019, 04:52 PM
I am kinda sad now not to be L1b, would have feel very unique if my supposed ancestor didn't get cucked :cry2:cry2

What if most of L came with Gypsies?

Livin
02-17-2019, 04:55 PM
It's more common in Northeast Italy than SE Europe/East Europe. An ancient sample was found in Hungary too.

It's spread seems to be correlated with the distribution of Indo-Iranian speakers so its neither specifically Indic or Iranic, but just a generic Indo-Iranian clade.

Indeed. I think its old in Black Sea, otherwise Pontians would score very High South Asian in gedmatch.

Kingdom of pontus was just a mix of persian and Greek elite with natives/folks being just typical west asian people.

Ayetooey
02-17-2019, 04:57 PM

Truthfully it is hard to tell your ancestor got cucked until you get a close match, your clade is proto germanic and quite common in Slovenia though, so I would assume his wife cheated on him with Slovenian man.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-17-2019, 04:59 PM
Truthfully it is hard to tell your ancestor got cucked until you get a close match, your clade is proto germanic and quite common in Slovenia though, so I would assume his wife cheated on him with Slovenian man.

Yes, and probably not German. Closest matches are Slovak, Pole and Irishman. Germans are distant. So this clade was likely assimilated by Wends long time ago.
There is also ethnic Slovene with this subclade from same region. Not a close match though.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-17-2019, 05:01 PM
On topic, there was neolitic E1b sample found in Zemunica Cave (southern Croatia). Not EV13 but something older.

2 Croatia Cardial Neolithic (6005-5786 BCE) samples from Zemunica Cave belonged to C1a2 and E1b1b1a1b1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Croats#Prehistoric_Y-DNA

Ayetooey
02-17-2019, 05:02 PM
Yes, and probably not German. Closest matches are Slovak, Poles and Irishman. Germans are distant. So this clade was likely assimilated by Wends long time ago.

Based on the distances you gave me those matches of yours share a common ancestor with you over 2000 years ago so its hard to even tell based off them, only way you'll be able to tell is by waiting for some closer str matches, or taking big Y and hoping for a SNP match where you can learn your tmrca. I would guess based on this its from a Slovene who got it during ancient times as opposed to a recent German till then it's a mystery.

Try this if you haven't and see if you get any matches https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?245584-YHRD-Haplo-Search-global-database

Ayetooey
02-17-2019, 05:03 PM
On topic, there was neolitic E1b sample found in Zemunica Cave (southern Croatia). Not EV13 but something older.

2 Croatia Cardial Neolithic (6005-5786 BCE) samples from Zemunica Cave belonged to C1a2 and E1b1b1a1b1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_studies_on_Croats#Prehistoric_Y-DNA

Doesn't surprise me. E1B is neolithic and balkanite, it certainly didn't come with Iron age Illyrians like I've seen some people claim.

Voskos
02-17-2019, 05:07 PM
Below are the major lineages of ancient caucasus and steppe from wang et al study:
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1TmET09nGdQ/WvzDTCwjaTI/AAAAAAAAGyQ/9c1qT98y-OMmz1-lB5kxVEOq3g8fbIABQCLcBGAs/s674/Steppe_v_Caucasus_Wang_etal_Fig_3.png

Livin
02-17-2019, 05:09 PM
Below are the major lineages of ancient caucasus and steppe from wang et al study:
https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-1TmET09nGdQ/WvzDTCwjaTI/AAAAAAAAGyQ/9c1qT98y-OMmz1-lB5kxVEOq3g8fbIABQCLcBGAs/s674/Steppe_v_Caucasus_Wang_etal_Fig_3.png

If you are interesting about Black sea Haplo and clades take a look here.

https://easternblackseadna.blogspot.com/?m=1

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-17-2019, 05:09 PM

Steppe R1b strong. No R1a lmao

xripkan
02-17-2019, 05:24 PM
Good question. I noticed that when a greek carries a strange arvanitic surname, among my matches, he's always J2b2 or R1b cts9219. But i only match few of those so it's probably not very representative.

Some e-v13 may be of albanian origin since it is a haplogroup of neolithic balkans (pre-hellenic and pre-illyrian populations) and it is frequent not only in Greece but in Albania as well.

Aspar
02-17-2019, 05:38 PM

I have a Greek match who can trace his line to the island of Skoupia, Pashalimani Island.
He is Q-L332 https://www.yfull.com/tree/Q-L332/
His line is most likely of Hunnic origin.
There are many samples from the Damgaard et al., 137 ancient human genomes from across the Eurasian steppes study who belong to this subclade, samples which were from Tian Shan Huns and other tribes from Kazakhstan.
Many Huns were hired in the Byzantine service and many settled in Constantinople/Istanbul.
That island is not very far from Constantinople/Istanbul so his line is very likely of Hunnic origin.
Yours might be as well.

Anyway, that sample of 99 Greeks you is very good and representative.
That haplogroups distribution is more representative for North Greece however according to Eupedia.
Only difference is a little bit higher E1b and lower R1a in your case!

Kaspias
02-17-2019, 05:53 PM
I have a Greek match who can trace his line to the island of Skoupia, Pashalimani Island.
There are many samples from the Damgaard et al., 137 ancient human genomes from across the Eurasian steppes study who belong to this subclade, samples which were from Tian Shan Huns and other tribes from Kazakhstan.
Many Huns were hired in the Byzantine service and many settled in Constantinople/Istanbul.
That island is not very far from Constantinople/Istanbul so his line is very likely of Hunnic origin.
Yours might be as well.

That haplogroups distribution is more representative for North Greece however according to Eupedia.

We need to check his Gedmatch. I don't think it is from Huns. Most likely from another Turkic admixture during Ottoman era, since pashalimani was Turkmen settlement.

xripkan
02-17-2019, 06:09 PM
Yours might be as well.

What I know for sure is that my family was a noble family in Constantinople at least since 12th century. After the fall of the city they left for Greece and Italy. I know that there are Italians who have the same surname with me. Maybe my family is descended from an individual who came from steppes during the early middle-ages. On the other hand maybe there is a rare Balkan branch of z93 not discovered yet.

xripkan
02-17-2019, 06:13 PM
We need to check his Gedmatch. I don't think it is from Huns. Most likely from another Turkic admixture during Ottoman era, since pashalimani was Turkmen settlement.

How is it possible to see the difference betwwen huns and other turkic admixture on gedmatch?

Kaspias
02-17-2019, 06:18 PM
How is it possible to see the difference betwwen huns and other turkic admixture on gedmatch?

A person with Hunnic ancestry wouldn't score more than 1% East Eurasian. But not certain method. There is no clear way to seperate it. Hunnic ancestry in Aegean Island not much likely i should say. I know someone who live in Greece and all of his ancestors from Greece, he has Q-L332 and he is Romaniote Jew. Perhaps she is talking about him.

xripkan
02-17-2019, 06:32 PM
It would be very interesting if others users presented as well the haplogroups of their relatives by ethnicity. It could lead us to some conclusions.

Aspar
02-17-2019, 06:47 PM

His ancesor surname is ...samidis.
He has gedcom and I can see that he is only 1/4 Greek, tho through his paterilineal line.

His Eurogenes K13:

Admix Results (sorted):

#PopulationPercent1North_Atlantic29.562Baltic22.62 3East_Med18.834West_Med15.565West_Asian7.216Red_Se a2.777Siberian1.188Amerindian1.00

Finished reading population data. 204 populations found.
13 components mode.

--------------------------------

Least-squares method.

Using 1 population approximation:
1 Serbian @ 6.738870
2 Romanian @ 7.177784
3 Bulgarian @ 9.720692
4 Hungarian @ 13.271124
5 North_Italian @ 15.055722
6 Moldavian @ 15.076976
7 Austrian @ 15.140444
8 Greek_Thessaly @ 15.613709
9 Tuscan @ 16.527632
10 Croatian @ 16.763094
11 French @ 17.095684
12 West_German @ 17.244385
13 East_German @ 17.758059
14 Portuguese @ 18.727463
15 South_Dutch @ 19.053299
16 Spanish_Galicia @ 19.647573
17 Spanish_Cataluna @ 20.216246
18 Italian_Abruzzo @ 20.360502
19 Spanish_Extremadura @ 20.426928
20 Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon @ 20.934608

Using 2 populations approximation:
1 50% Ashkenazi +50% North_Swedish @ 3.462871

Using 3 populations approximation:
1 50% Ashkenazi +25% Estonian +25% Southwest_English @ 2.021508

Using 4 populations approximation:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1 Ashkenazi + Belorussian + Southeast_English + West_Sicilian @ 1.640933
2 Belorussian + Italian_Jewish + Norwegian + West_Sicilian @ 1.783440
3 Ashkenazi + Estonian + South_Italian + Southeast_English @ 1.790537
4 Ashkenazi + Hungarian + North_Swedish + Tuscan @ 1.791646
5 Ashkenazi + Estonian_Polish + Southeast_English + West_Sicilian @ 1.845722
6 Ashkenazi + Belorussian + Orcadian + West_Sicilian @ 1.858750
7 Ashkenazi + Southeast_English + Southwest_Russian + Tuscan @ 1.870492
8 Italian_Jewish + North_Swedish + South_Polish + Tuscan @ 1.873163
9 Italian_Jewish + Southwest_Russian + Swedish + Tuscan @ 1.873949
10 Ashkenazi + Belorussian + Tuscan + West_German @ 1.874906
11 Estonian_Polish + Italian_Jewish + Norwegian + West_Sicilian @ 1.877593
12 Estonian + Italian_Jewish + North_German + West_Sicilian @ 1.886675
13 Hungarian + Italian_Jewish + Southwest_Finnish + Tuscan @ 1.889074
14 Italian_Jewish + Norwegian + Southwest_Russian + Tuscan @ 1.902646
15 Ashkenazi + Estonian + Italian_Jewish + Orcadian @ 1.906249
16 Belorussian + Italian_Jewish + North_German + Tuscan @ 1.918225
17 Ashkenazi + Estonian + Irish + Italian_Jewish @ 1.934948
18 Danish + Estonian + Italian_Jewish + West_Sicilian @ 1.955056
19 Estonian + Italian_Jewish + North_Dutch + West_Sicilian @ 1.955080
20 Ashkenazi + Estonian + Italian_Jewish + West_Scottish @ 1.964134

Skerdilaid
02-17-2019, 06:57 PM
I know about 10 Greeks that I am matching at FTDNA under R1b-CTS9219>BY611>Z2705. I can list the last names too I guess if you guys are interested (I am also curious to know more about their background).

Voskos
02-17-2019, 07:13 PM
Q L332 on that tree looks more slavic than hunnic.

Kaspias
02-17-2019, 07:13 PM
His ancesor surname is ...samidis.
He has gedcom and I can see that he is only 1/4 Greek, tho through his paterilineal line.

His Eurogenes K13:

Admix Results (sorted):

#PopulationPercent1North_Atlantic29.562Baltic22.62 3East_Med18.834West_Med15.565West_Asian7.216Red_Se a2.777Siberian1.188Amerindian1.00

Finished reading population data. 204 populations found.
13 components mode.

--------------------------------

Least-squares method.

Using 1 population approximation:
1 Serbian @ 6.738870
2 Romanian @ 7.177784
3 Bulgarian @ 9.720692
4 Hungarian @ 13.271124
5 North_Italian @ 15.055722
6 Moldavian @ 15.076976
7 Austrian @ 15.140444
8 Greek_Thessaly @ 15.613709
9 Tuscan @ 16.527632
10 Croatian @ 16.763094
11 French @ 17.095684
12 West_German @ 17.244385
13 East_German @ 17.758059
14 Portuguese @ 18.727463
15 South_Dutch @ 19.053299
16 Spanish_Galicia @ 19.647573
17 Spanish_Cataluna @ 20.216246
18 Italian_Abruzzo @ 20.360502
19 Spanish_Extremadura @ 20.426928
20 Spanish_Castilla_Y_Leon @ 20.934608

Using 2 populations approximation:
1 50% Ashkenazi +50% North_Swedish @ 3.462871

Using 3 populations approximation:
1 50% Ashkenazi +25% Estonian +25% Southwest_English @ 2.021508

Using 4 populations approximation:
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1 Ashkenazi + Belorussian + Southeast_English + West_Sicilian @ 1.640933
2 Belorussian + Italian_Jewish + Norwegian + West_Sicilian @ 1.783440
3 Ashkenazi + Estonian + South_Italian + Southeast_English @ 1.790537
4 Ashkenazi + Hungarian + North_Swedish + Tuscan @ 1.791646
5 Ashkenazi + Estonian_Polish + Southeast_English + West_Sicilian @ 1.845722
6 Ashkenazi + Belorussian + Orcadian + West_Sicilian @ 1.858750
7 Ashkenazi + Southeast_English + Southwest_Russian + Tuscan @ 1.870492
8 Italian_Jewish + North_Swedish + South_Polish + Tuscan @ 1.873163
9 Italian_Jewish + Southwest_Russian + Swedish + Tuscan @ 1.873949
10 Ashkenazi + Belorussian + Tuscan + West_German @ 1.874906
11 Estonian_Polish + Italian_Jewish + Norwegian + West_Sicilian @ 1.877593
12 Estonian + Italian_Jewish + North_German + West_Sicilian @ 1.886675
13 Hungarian + Italian_Jewish + Southwest_Finnish + Tuscan @ 1.889074
14 Italian_Jewish + Norwegian + Southwest_Russian + Tuscan @ 1.902646
15 Ashkenazi + Estonian + Italian_Jewish + Orcadian @ 1.906249
16 Belorussian + Italian_Jewish + North_German + Tuscan @ 1.918225
17 Ashkenazi + Estonian + Irish + Italian_Jewish @ 1.934948
18 Danish + Estonian + Italian_Jewish + West_Sicilian @ 1.955056
19 Estonian + Italian_Jewish + North_Dutch + West_Sicilian @ 1.955080
20 Ashkenazi + Estonian + Italian_Jewish + West_Scottish @ 1.964134

Well it is weird. He has 2.18% East Eurasian this can be a "proxy" for Slavic blood but haplogroup.. Still i think Ottoman Turk admixture is more likely than Huns. If his paternal ancestry were from Balkans i could say it is Hunnic.

xripkan
02-17-2019, 07:20 PM
I know about 10 Greeks that I am matching at FTDNA under R1b-CTS9219>BY611>Z2705. I can list the last names too I guess if you guys are interested (I am also curious to know more about their background).

possibly arvanites

xripkan
02-18-2019, 12:43 AM
Yours might be as well.

I expected higher R1a and lower I2 but both are mainly Slavic. I2 dinaric is higher to south Slavs so it can be justified.