PDA

View Full Version : disspointed with ydna results

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-16-2019, 09:54 AM
Paid a lot for 37 marker test and it looks like I have no particulary close matches. They recommend me big Y which cost a fortune.
Kinda pissed about it. At least predictors assigned me correct subclade.

Those few matches I got are pretty confusing, so I can't really reconstruct how did I get this marker based on them.

Stefanos.tasidis
02-16-2019, 09:55 AM
wait, they didn't even give you a subclade ???

Token
02-16-2019, 09:57 AM
Post the results, let's see.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-16-2019, 09:58 AM
wait, they didn't even give you a subclade ???

They did, but it's not very helpful. Predicted subclade , not confirmed.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-16-2019, 10:02 AM
Post the results, let's see.

R1b (U106>Z2265>BY30097>Z381>Z301>L48>Z9>Z331>>Z330>Z326)

Closest matches from Slovakia, Poland and Ireland.

Stefanos.tasidis
02-16-2019, 10:16 AM
They did, but it's not very helpful. Predicted subclade , not confirmed.

ahh...makes me wonder what will happen with mine because i ordered the same thing.
well sorry to hear that man.

Ford
02-16-2019, 10:27 AM
Str testing is not a good way to determine haplogroups, at least if you wish to know a more downstreams. For example, I know my haplogroup pretty far down the U152 tree but ftdna only predicted M269. If you know for sure that you're U106 you could always try out the superclade panel on yseq fpr 100 dollars if Big Y is too expensive.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-16-2019, 10:31 AM
Str testing is not a good way to determine haplogroups, at least if you wish to know a more downstreams. For example, I know my haplogroup pretty far down the U152 tree but ftdna only predicted M269. If you know for sure that you're U106 you could always try out the superclade panel on yseq fpr 100 dollars if Big Y is too expensive.

Yeah, I think everyone gets R-M269 unless you contact admins to put you in more specific group. I got it also. Thanks on advice man. Maybe I'll try yseq, SNP testing is what I need.
Lack of matches is what made me dissapointed. It's obviously Germanic origin haplogroup, but my closest matches aren't Germanic so maybe it was assimilated by Slavs in middle ages or something lmao.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-16-2019, 10:34 AM
https://www.yfull.com/tree/R-Z326/

Ford
02-16-2019, 10:41 AM
Yeah, I think everyone gets R-M269 unless you contact admins to put you in more specific group. I got it also. Thanks on advice man. Maybe I'll try yseq, SNP testing is what I need.
Lack of matches is what made me dissapointed. It's obviously Germanic origin haplogroup, but my closest matches aren't Germanic so maybe it was assimilated by Slavs in middle ages or something lmao.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. It can be quite underwhelming but all you can do now is to wait. I've spoken to people who've waited up to 10 years for any kind of relevant matches, which is sadly the case for many considering this whole thing is relatively young and still developing. You being from an even more untested region makes matters worse in a sense. I only have 2 matches at 37 markers and one of them doesn't even belong to the same clade as I do, so you're definitely not alone.

Ayetooey
02-16-2019, 01:00 PM
Hey bruv I know how you feel, my 3 matches are all genealogically pointless also. What’s the numbered genetic distance of your matches at 25 markers? If you do decide to upgrade btw do so in the next sale, they’ll likely have another 40% sale probably in April.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-16-2019, 01:06 PM
Hey bruv I know how you feel, my 3 matches are all genealogically pointless also. What’s the numbered genetic distance of your matches at 25 markers? If you do decide to upgrade btw do so in the next sale, they’ll likely have another 40% sale probably in April.

genetic distance - 2 How far is that ?

Ayetooey
02-16-2019, 01:11 PM
genetic distance - 2 How far is that ?

From what I’m reading if you’re not matching at 37 markers with em as well, could be thousands of years. Of course it’s possible to not match em at 37 then match em at 67 like my matches. Congrats on your clade tho! You reckon you’ll upgrade your eventually or leave it at 37?

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-16-2019, 01:14 PM
From what I’m reading if you’re not matching at 37 markers with em as well, could be thousands of years. Of course it’s possible to not match em at 37 then match em at 67 like my matches. Congrats on your clade tho! You reckon you’ll upgrade your eventually or leave it at 37?

I'll probably do SNP testing on yseq. But big Y would be nice if they offer huge sale eventually. What about you ?

Ayetooey
02-16-2019, 01:15 PM
I'll probably do SNP testing on yseq. But big Y would be nice if they offer huge sale eventually. What about you ?

I’ll be going for the big y upgrade as soon as the next 40% sale is up.

dosas
02-20-2019, 07:20 AM
I have zero matches up to Y111, lol. As an enthusiast, you do the test to pinpoint your subclade, not for matches.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
02-20-2019, 07:23 AM
Paid a lot for 37 marker test and it looks like I have no particulary close matches. They recommend me big Y which cost a fortune.

Those few matches I got are pretty confusing, so I can't really reconstruct how did I get this marker based on them.You might be a rare subclade. Probably why you don't have matches

Lucas
03-05-2019, 09:24 PM
)

Closest matches from Slovakia, Poland and Ireland.

My closest match is from Slovenia:)

Not a Cop
03-05-2019, 11:34 PM
Lol, i'm DF-99 which is a only has 150 members in project.

Artek
03-06-2019, 05:08 AM
It happens even in the countries/populations that are quite nicely covered. You come from a population that is not densely tested and your subclade is also not the most common in Croatia. That happens, everything depends on rarity/database ratio. Database will grow, you made it grow.

I have no match over the level of Y-25 Y-STR markers but got Big Y matches. I guess I will eventually get closer Y-STR match but that's likely going to take time.

Bosniensis
03-06-2019, 05:13 AM
FTDNA gave me P-37 …. seriously?

Luckily experts at Serbian DNK project gave me much better insight into my YDNA

oszkar07
03-06-2019, 08:09 AM

Im also dissapointed with my Ydn results through FTDNA.
I tested all the way up to 111 Markers 3 years ago and highest matches I ever got was two 2nd position 25 marker and the rest my matches all 12 marker which to be honest I dont think really mean anything...probably even the two matches at 25 marker doesnt mean much.

Ayetooey
03-07-2019, 07:35 PM
FTDNA gave me P-37 …. seriously?

Luckily experts at Serbian DNK project gave me much better insight into my YDNA

Same, Serb dna project is more professional that FTDNA are! I am under same section as you in the chart, "I2-CTS10228>S17250>PH908".

lonewolfcypriot
03-07-2019, 07:37 PM

Those few matches I got are pretty confusing, so I can't really reconstruct how did I get this marker based on them.

get a hobbie, fuck Y-dna.

Mr.G
03-07-2019, 07:55 PM

I purchased the panel from YSEQ and I expect my final result very soon. As they work their way down they give you updates every 2 weeks or so. I'm not really sure why the process takes so long? My most recent update confirmed I am downstream of N-M2783 as expected. We shall see where it goes from there. It will be interesting to see if knowing my deep subclade will shed light on the true migration of my paternal line. Maybe that will help you decide if plunking down $88 is ultimately worth it.

Taiguaitiaoghyrmmumin
03-20-2019, 08:40 PM
I only have 1 ydna match. Be happy you have more than one

Adam Janossy
03-30-2019, 02:34 PM
You are second person from Zagreb with this haplogroup I collected in statistics so far. :thumb001: