PDA

View Full Version : Classify ''very Croatian looking'' dude

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-18-2019, 10:29 PM
He will represent Croatia at Eurosong. Got a faggot outfit, but he has what you can call ''very Croatian look'', ''typical Croatian face'' and so on. I would probably recognize him as Croat abroad.

Classify and place him (in reality he doesn't pass outside Croatia but ok)

https://rtl-static.cdn.sysbee.net/image/roko-blazevic-cry-me-a-river-thumbnail-3befc4013f1a835ed9b8d1c07b74c3b1_view_article.jpg? v=40
https://image.dnevnik.hr/media/images/1536xX/Feb2019/61639816-roko-blazevic.jpg
https://s1.dmcdn.net/cP1y9/x1080-WAZ.jpg
http://esct2018.storage.googleapis.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/wsi-imageoptim-Roko-Blazevic.jpg

Ford
02-18-2019, 10:32 PM
Sings in English. What a shame...

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-18-2019, 10:33 PM
Sings in English. What a shame...

Didn't want him to win.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-18-2019, 10:34 PM
He's what you call average/most common look, not Modrić lmao.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-18-2019, 10:40 PM
Atlanto-Pontid hybrid ? That might be ultimate Croatian look, togheder with slight alpinisation/dinarisation

Knight Slayer
02-19-2019, 12:08 AM
I could see him passing for Italian. Mediterranean mostly.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-19-2019, 12:10 AM
I could see him passing for Italian. Mediterranean mostly.

Really ?

https://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/Archive/Images/2017/01/28/roko_blazevic5-260117.jpg
https://www.vecernji.hr/media/img/81/1e/73a2a85473cf30fa33ee.jpeg

Maks Luburic
02-19-2019, 12:15 AM
Alpine+Med(Pontid)

Very common in Central Croatia and Bosnia to my experience. Less in Dalmatia, Istria, the Hercegowina and maybe also Slavonia.

CommonSense
02-19-2019, 12:24 AM
Mainly an Alpine. Jana said multiple times that's the most common phenotype among the Croatian youth today and that there are many guys and girls with small, upturned noses.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-19-2019, 12:27 AM
Mainly an Alpine. Jana said multiple times that's the most common phenotype among the Croatian youth today and that there are many guys and girls with small, upturned noses.

It's true bro. That's why that Danish dude trolling about our ''witch noses'' is even funnier. Like we are Jews or something, not your average Europeans.

nittionia
02-19-2019, 12:36 AM
if i had an upturned nose i would have a completely different personality

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-19-2019, 12:39 AM
if i had an upturned nose i would have a completely different personality

how ?

nittionia
02-19-2019, 12:43 AM
how ?

probably really confident since they're admired more in girls

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-19-2019, 12:43 AM
probably really confident since they're admired more in girls

straight noses are most admired. like nordic/med

Maks Luburic
02-19-2019, 01:08 AM

Yepp. When you are watching at old pictures and paintings (like this Dalmatian man from the 16./17. Century below.) you will see that the most people in Croatia/Bosnia (50%+) were mainly Dinarids. I am looking very like fallen out of time with my strong Dinarid features and apart from some isolated Villages in the Hercegowina, Lika or the Dinaric Hinderland in general i can hardly recognize myselfe with the "modern" phenotypes.

My theory about the "extincting Dinarid" is that, just like Nato said yesterday, a lot of us (even swarty guys like me) are carrying a high amount of Nordic genes with us so when we are going to leave our Dinarid places and mixing up with a Alpine or Nordic/Norid/Nordid girl or man in the wealthy parts of Croatia/former Jugoslawia like north Croatia or Slowenia our Dinarid features are going to nearly completely disappeare. My mum is a good example for it. My Granddad was a classic tall darkbrown almost black Haired/Eyed "Dinarid Taliban" who marriaged a much lighter pigmented Alpine girl from Slavonia. My mum and her sister have apart from their noses lost nearly all Dinarid features and looking almost pure Alpine. I´m seeing it also regulary here in Germany. Every mixed Person (One Croatian/Dalmatian/Bosnian parent and one German) is losing nearly all of his Pontid and/or Dinarid features and is looking fully German. Not always blonde and blue eyed (depends on the German counterpart) but at least very pale and lightbrown haired and eyed.

Another reason for the disappearing of the Dinarid type could be the emigration wave after WWII. The most Ustase were Dinarid (they considered the Norid and Dinarid type as something like the "Croatian mainraces") and the most common type belong our diaspora in Australia or South America is still the Dinarid one. Provided that they did not mixed up with other nationalities in the intermediate time.

https://www.bilder-upload.eu/thumb/50ec2b-1550539955.jpg (https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-50ec2b-1550539955.jpg.html)

Joso
02-19-2019, 01:41 AM

But his face is in betwen leptoprosopic or mesoprosopic, so he cannot be fully alpine. Maybe dinaro-alpine then

Joso
02-19-2019, 01:44 AM
But his face is in betwen leptoprosopic or mesoprosopic, so he cannot be fully alpine. Maybe dinaro-alpine then

Maybe with some med too

Knight Slayer
02-19-2019, 01:44 AM

Not even Dinaric-Alpine because he doesn't have any Dinaric traits, really. An upturned nose means nothing on it's own, only when it's combined with concavity does it matter, he is straight nosed. Mediterranean of some type.

Joso
02-19-2019, 01:45 AM
Not even Dinaric-Alpine because he doesn't have any Dinaric traits, really. An upturned nose means nothing on it's own, only when it's combined with concavity does it matter, he is straight nosed. Mediterranean of some type.

Ok makes sense, i cannot see his occiput

Knight Slayer
02-19-2019, 01:47 AM
Ok makes sense, i cannot see his occiput

I can't either and until I do I'm sticking with Mediterranean. Dinarics usually have jaws that are narrower than the forehead, he doesn't seem to have that. And he does look mesocephalic from the semi-profile picture.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-19-2019, 10:50 AM
I can't either and until I do I'm sticking with Mediterranean. Dinarics usually have jaws that are narrower than the forehead, he doesn't seem to have that. And he does look mesocephalic from the semi-profile picture.

He has Central European (southern central europe), not southern European look, and also Slavic. If he is Med it's Pontid, and he isn't pure pontid because he doesn't look east balkan at all.

Dna8
02-19-2019, 10:52 AM
Pan Yugo look

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-19-2019, 10:52 AM
Pan Yugo look

I don't agree, man.

Dna8
02-19-2019, 10:53 AM
I don't agree, man.

Fair enough, mate.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-19-2019, 10:55 AM
Fair enough, mate.

I see Atlantid component in his look that is rare east of Croatia. But I could be wrong, mate. Anyhow this is how typical younger Croat look like.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-19-2019, 10:55 AM
--

Dna8
02-19-2019, 11:01 AM
I see Atlantid component in his look that is rare east of Croatia. But I could be wrong, mate. Anyhow this is how typical younger Croat look like.

Only in the second photo does he look "North Shifted" enough, according to my eye, to qualify as his being especially Northern Croatianesque.. in all the rest he looks pan Yugo.

Just my opinion, of course.

Deneb
02-19-2019, 11:09 AM
Alpinid + pontid I think

Roy
02-19-2019, 11:23 AM
Classification: North Pontid + Sub-Nordid. He does look Croat indeed but would blend in so easily as Polish here.

His Eurovision entry is an absolute drivel :puke:

Sp_loa
02-19-2019, 11:36 AM
It's true bro. That's why that Danish dude trolling about our ''witch noses'' is even funnier. Like we are Jews or something, not your average Europeans.

I think he does passes as Italian.
And Jews with "witch noses" is just a stereotype. Not true in many of cases.

CommonSense
02-19-2019, 11:39 AM
Yepp. When you are watching at old pictures and paintings (like this Dalmatian man from the 16./17. Century below.) you will see that the most people in Croatia/Bosnia (50%+) were mainly Dinarids. I am looking very like fallen out of time with my strong Dinarid features and apart from some isolated Villages in the Hercegowina, Lika or the Dinaric Hinderland in general i can hardly recognize myselfe with the "modern" phenotypes.

My theory about the "extincting Dinarid" is that, just like Nato said yesterday, a lot of us (even swarty guys like me) are carrying a high amount of Nordic genes with us so when we are going to leave our Dinarid places and mixing up with a Alpine or Nordic/Norid/Nordid girl or man in the wealthy parts of Croatia/former Jugoslawia like north Croatia or Slowenia our Dinarid features are going to nearly completely disappeare. My mum is a good example for it. My Granddad was a classic tall darkbrown almost black Haired/Eyed "Dinarid Taliban" who marriaged a much lighter pigmented Alpine girl from Slavonia. My mum and her sister have apart from their noses lost nearly all Dinarid features and looking almost pure Alpine. I´m seeing it also regulary here in Germany. Every mixed Person (One Croatian/Dalmatian/Bosnian parent and one German) is losing nearly all of his Pontid and/or Dinarid features and is looking fully German. Not always blonde and blue eyed (depends on the German counterpart) but at least very pale and lightbrown haired and eyed.

Another reason for the disappearing of the Dinarid type could be the emigration wave after WWII. The most Ustase were Dinarid (they considered the Norid and Dinarid type as something like the "Croatian mainraces") and the most common type belong our diaspora in Australia or South America is still the Dinarid one. Provided that they did not mixed up with other nationalities in the intermediate time.

https://www.bilder-upload.eu/thumb/50ec2b-1550539955.jpg (https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-50ec2b-1550539955.jpg.html)

That would be a good theory if it was only restricted to Herzegovian and Dalmatian Croats, but it isn't. I've talked about the same process among Serbs several times on this board. The young people from the photos of the first half of the 20th century look noteably different from the ones of today. Not only has the Dinaric phenotype decreased, but the cephalic index has drastically dropped too. Even Livin who lives in Greece has noticed how older Serbs who go vacationing in Greece have round or flat brachy skulls, while the younger Serbs are mainly doli or meso with prominent occiputs (tall, flat craniums are extremely rare now). It certainly can't be explained by 'mixing', since Serbs always were fairly homogenous and now even Montenegrins and Herzegovians don't have brachycephalic skulls. See this photo an Albanian member posted recently it is from 1937:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?278279-Albs-amp-Serbs

The Serbs and Albos here are overwhelmingly pure Dinarids, you couldn't tell who's who if it weren't for the caps. Albanians have still preserved this kind of look, but to us Serbs our countrymen from 1937. would be perceived as very exotic if they showed up on our streets today (wearing normal clothes obviously)!

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-19-2019, 11:56 AM
That would be a good theory if it was only restricted to Herzegovian and Dalmatian Croats, but it isn't. I've talked about the same process among Serbs several times on this board. The young people from the photos of the first half of the 20th century look noteably different from the ones of today. Not only has the Dinaric phenotype decreased, but the cephalic index has drastically dropped too. Even Livin who lives in Greece has noticed how older Serbs who go vacationing in Greece have round or flat brachy skulls, while the younger Serbs are mainly doli or meso with prominent occiputs (tall, flat craniums are extremely rare now). It certainly can't be explained by 'mixing', since Serbs always were fairly homogenous and now even Montenegrins and Herzegovians don't have brachycephalic skulls. See this photo an Albanian member posted recently it is from 1937:

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?278279-Albs-amp-Serbs

The Serbs and Albos here are overwhelmingly pure Dinarids, you couldn't tell who's who if it weren't for the caps. Albanians have still preserved this kind of look, but to us Serbs our countrymen from 1937. would be perceived as very exotic if they showed up on our streets today (wearing normal clothes obviously)!

Lol, these people in Albo/Serb photo look dinaric as fuck. What is happening in our countries mate ?

I think even Albos don't have many dinarics among their youth, they probably exeggerate it because they consider it ''pure Gheg type'' or something. There need to be serious research about it.

Moje ime
02-19-2019, 12:13 PM
Lol, these people in Albo/Serb photo look dinaric as fuck. What is happening in our countries mate ?

Happening that people are not hungry these days, most of them are even overweight. I think people from those old photos were just more skinny.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-19-2019, 12:14 PM
Happening that people are not hungry these days, most of them are even overweight. I think people from those old photos were just more skinny.

Idk, Commonsense was talking about skull shape.

Moje ime
02-19-2019, 12:17 PM
Idk, was talking about skull shape.

I don't know for that. I was talking about faces of people from photos. They are just skinny so the noses look more "dinaric".

Today you have fat dinarids everywhere but they are not easy recognizable.

CommonSense
02-19-2019, 12:22 PM
I don't know for that. I was talking about faces of people from photos. They are just skinny so the noses look more "dinaric".

Today you have fat dinarids everywhere but they are not easy recognizable.

Not really. I'm 190-191 cm, never weighed more than 81 kilos in my life and my face is softer and smaller compared to every person in that photo. Some skinny people have leptorrhine faces such as those guys, but they are still Meds or Dinaro-Meds, not pure Dinarids.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-19-2019, 12:24 PM
Not really. I'm 190-191 cm, never weighed more than 81 kilos in my life and my face is softer and smaller compared to every person in that photo. Some skinny people have leptorrhine faces such as those guys, but they are still Meds or Dinaro-Meds, not pure Dinarids.

You would stand out like a sore thumb among these guys dude xD

Moje ime
02-19-2019, 12:29 PM
I still think it is something about conditions those people live in. Remember those war videos from our 90s wars, especially soldiers were look skinnier in their face, and just different than in regular life.

And that photo is old, black and white, it doesn't show much details as any old photo.

Dna8
02-19-2019, 12:31 PM
Remember those war videos from our 90s wars, especially soldiers were look skinnier in their face, and just different than in regular life.

+1

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-19-2019, 12:34 PM
btw, I think this dude could pass for French.

Sebastianus Rex
02-19-2019, 12:47 PM
Really ?

https://www.slobodnadalmacija.hr/Archive/Images/2017/01/28/roko_blazevic5-260117.jpg
https://www.vecernji.hr/media/img/81/1e/73a2a85473cf30fa33ee.jpeg

I dont see why not, the boy is Atlanto-Med/ Pontid range, there's many similar types all over. He passes in most european countries imo.

Moje ime
02-19-2019, 12:52 PM

https://www.galabri.com/histori/gallapi/medvegja/foto/fshati/mbledhje.jpg

There is even one Borreby nose, second from right side. :D

But in general I can see difference, not just by caps but in general, there are some very Albanian faces in the middle of group, for example those behind men in suits.

Moje ime
02-19-2019, 01:03 PM
Back to topic - on second photo, he reminds me on younger Vlado Georgijev.

https://static.wixstatic.com/media/e7a586_87545a3253bc4fc3bb2671f591a86f7b.jpg/v1/fill/w_497,h_744,al_c,q_90,usm_0.66_1.00_0.01/e7a586_87545a3253bc4fc3bb2671f591a86f7b.webp

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
02-19-2019, 01:13 PM
I dont see why not, the boy is Atlanto-Med/ Pontid range, there's many similar types all over. He passes in most european countries imo.

Yeah, I agree with that.

Bosniensis
02-19-2019, 01:22 PM
Has that GAY look, doesn't look like a man at all.

Look at his faggot hair...

No beard ... typical westerner = gay.

Papastratosels26
02-19-2019, 01:50 PM
Alpine