PDA

View Full Version : Classify Calabrian Pianist Maria Perrotta

JMack
02-20-2019, 09:53 PM
She would be called ''Slavic'' if she was Greek but will become Caucasus looking since she's Calabrian.

https://alchetron.com/cdn/maria-perrotta-395ece19-4037-4be1-ae13-d8e3b9fa263-resize-750.jpeg

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-G4YM_fOdRaE/UTNcQIC6RlI/AAAAAAAAPsw/LPKZOYLxjoA/s1600/Perrotta.jpg

http://www.bach-cantatas.com/Pic-Bio-P-BIG/Perrotta-Maria-04[2013].jpg

https://www.rimini.com/data/immagini/8911.jpg

https://bologna.repubblica.it/images/2012/01/13/171538454-73fc8ef5-c7df-4a55-8f93-6004acdaa1c3.jpg

Sikeliot
02-20-2019, 09:54 PM
She does look Greek actually, almost in a classical sense, not necessarily in a Slavic way but there is some sort of SE European + Indo European look to her that could be read that way.

She looks like Toula's sister in My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Tooting Carmen
02-20-2019, 09:55 PM
Gorid.

Sikeliot
02-20-2019, 09:56 PM
Gorid.

Possibly, but a strong Dinarid element, too.

JMack
02-20-2019, 09:57 PM
She does look Greek actually, almost in a classical sense, not necessarily in a Slavic way but there is some sort of SE European + Indo European look to her that could be read that way.

She looks like Toula's sister in My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

That's not exactly what I call ''Greek'' looking. But since for you Greeks look like Slavs then makes sense hehe.

I'm posting mostly individual examples, but I have posted a quantity big enough for a whole set and without necessarily cherrypicking the lighter people I could find. This one I admit was cherrypicked to prove a point, but the others were just people I found on the internet or that I previously knew they exist.

Sikeliot
02-20-2019, 09:58 PM
That's not exactly what I call ''Greek'' looking. But since for you Greeks look like Slavs then makes sense hehe.

Watch the attitude. I have been respectful.

Since there are more Slavic looking Greeks than Calabrians yes, she does look more Greek.

Smaug
02-20-2019, 09:58 PM
Gorid seems about right. Very Eastern European looking.

Tenma de Pegasus
02-20-2019, 09:59 PM
Slavic/armenian mix

Clearly a atypical towards west, also atypical in Brazil.

Sikeliot
02-20-2019, 09:59 PM
Slavic/armenian mix

This actually would fit.

JMack
02-20-2019, 10:01 PM
Watch the attitude. I have been respectful.

Since there are more Slavic looking Greeks than Calabrians yes, she does look more Greek.

I'm not being disrespectful, lol. Don't you have sense of humour, Sikeliot?

And a stereotypical Greek looking woman is someone like Irene Pappas, this woman is straight-up Slavic and I've seen Polish-Brazilians with similar phenotypes,

Sikeliot
02-20-2019, 10:03 PM
I'm not being disrespectful, lol. Don't you have sense of humour, Sikeliot?

And a stereotypical Greek looking woman is someone like Irene Pappas, this woman is straight-up Slavic and I've seen Polish-Brazilians with similar phenotypes,

No, I do not have a sense of humor. And you were being rude. But that's an aside.

Irene Pappas looks like Italian American actress Anne Bancroft.

Slavic phenotypes still are more common in Greece than in southern Italy so she does look more Greek than Calabrian by default.

JMack
02-20-2019, 10:06 PM
Slavic phenotypes still are more common in Greece than in southern Italy so she does look more Greek than Calabrian by default.

She's Calabrian, how can't she look what she is? Why should she look like something else?

Anyway I agree that there are more pseudo-Slavic types in Greece than in Calabria, but she's atypical in both places. This woman looks Polish.

Sikeliot
02-20-2019, 10:07 PM
She's Calabrian, how can't she look what she is? Why she should look like something else?

Anyway I agree that there are more pseudo-Slavic types in Greece than in Calabria, but she's atypical in both places. This woman looks Polish.

She is atypical. Anything that looks Slavic in southern Italy is an outlier phenotype. In Greece there are elements of Slavic that are more common than this.

The chance of a Calabrian looking Slavic is only slightly higher than a Cypriot looking Slavic, the genes just aren't there.

Token
02-20-2019, 10:08 PM
The hooded eyes give her away. She looks South Italian or Greek Islander, both groups are hardly distinguishable specially in the case of Calabrians.

Sikeliot
02-20-2019, 10:09 PM
The hooded eyes give her away. She looks South Italian or Greek Islander, both groups are hardly distinguishable specially in the case of Calabrians.

Yes. I don't think she actually looks Slavic. IF she had dark hair/eyes no one would say this from her features.

If you want a Slavic looking South Italian look up Adua del Vesco, who is Sicilian. Girl looks straight up Russian.

Token
02-20-2019, 10:09 PM
She is atypical. Anything that looks Slavic in southern Italy is an outlier phenotype. In Greece there are elements of Slavic that are more common than this.

The chance of a Calabrian looking Slavic is only slightly higher than a Cypriot looking Slavic, the genes just aren't there.

Besides the broad face and light eyes i'm failing to see anything Slavic in her.

Sikeliot
02-20-2019, 10:10 PM
Besides the broad face and light eyes i'm failing to see anything Slavic in her.

Same.

Slavic looking South Italian would be this girl:

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-SlpAm-vDt_I/V4jYQYZnNwI/AAAAAAAABAI/7JwhIUuC6gAZ84qBvJHMNr-LxAoVc7RCgCLcB/s1600/adua-del-vesco-01.jpg

Sikeliot
02-20-2019, 10:19 PM
With that said I see a MINOR Slavic-like element but to say she looks Polish is a huge stretch.

Sebastianus Rex
02-20-2019, 10:32 PM
Doesn't look particularly slavic imo, I dont see baltoid influence.

Dinaric-alpine mix imo, very common combo in Italy and Balkans.

Sikeliot
02-20-2019, 10:35 PM
Doesn't look particularly slavic imo, I dont see baltoid influence.

Dinaric-alpine mix imo, very common combo in Italy and Balkans.

Which Balkan countries does she fit in to you? Slavic? Albania? Or Greece?

Sebastianus Rex
02-20-2019, 10:42 PM
Which Balkan countries does she fit in to you? Slavic? Albania? Or Greece?

Ex Yoguslavia mostly, Romania also. I dont think she looks Greek.

The Blade
02-20-2019, 10:56 PM
That kind of look, while present in West Slavic areas, is not restricted to them. It also exists in Balkans (particularly in Croatia and Bosnia and Herzegovina), France, Moldova, Italy, Hungary, Germany and Austria, to name a few.
She is neither specifically Slavic looking (barely fits as an East Slav in fact), nor typically Greek (though her type exists there).

SardiniaAtlantis
02-20-2019, 11:09 PM
All I see is a commonly found Italian look.