PDA

View Full Version : Is there any physical sign to detect different cold or hot resistance levels of peoples

Andromega123
02-24-2019, 08:24 AM
I mean, are some of anthropological traits like epicanthic folds, nose shapes, cephalic indexes etc matchable with cold or hot resistance of peoples?

♥ Lily ♥
02-24-2019, 08:39 AM
I don't know if eye shapes or nose shapes regulates body temperature. I don't know if there's any scientific evidence to support that.

I think people who are more resistant to cold weather are usually active and have good blood circulation. (I saw an older English guy jogging in the snow here the other week - and he was wearing no clothes on him except for a pair of boxer shorts. He was completely bare-chested with no top on him and nothing on his legs either whilst jogging in the snow. I see him jogging and doing a lot of martial art workouts in the park each day.)

I usually feel very hot and uncomfortable even in the mild winters here whilst I'm walking a lot outside. If I sit down and don't move much, then I start to feel the cold humidity of the weather and the strong cold winds. I start to feel cold if I don't move around, and I feel hot when I'm walking a lot. I often see a lot of people running, cycling, and jogging here... and they dress lightly even in cold weather. The people sitting still are usually wrapped-up in warmer clothing.

Good blood circulation and good health helps to prevent deaths from hypothermia in cold weather and deaths from heat strokes in hot weather. It's usually the elderly, people with high blood pressure or other health problems, and people with poor diets and weak immune systems who are more prone to dying in cold weather.

Garlic, dark green vegetables, fish, and olive oil (used lightly,) are good for the heart and blood circulation... and this is frequently found in the Mediterranean diet and contributes to a longer life-span in addition to regular exercise. Peoples dietary needs can also vary according to their climates.

People whose ancestors have lived for long periods in either cold or hot environments also tend to know practical tips and methods learned and inherited from their parents and grandparents, in order to stay warm or cool in order to survive. It's also reflected in the clothing, diet, and architectural styles of houses in different nations. (Thick stone wall cottages with heavily thatched roofs in Britain and Ireland help to keep out the humid and cold winds... whilst those huts that some people may mock in third world nations are more suited to the climate and have helped to keep their people cool for many years of survival in their climates.)

As for staying cool in extreme heat... I've noticed that people with olive skin, south Asians, and black people tend to have larger sweat glands, and their skin is more oily. Perspiration is the body's natural way to cool down the body temperature in hot weather.

People whose natural features have adapted in nature in order to survive in very hot climates, have very thick and dark skin and thick dark afro hair on their scalps which gives them more protection against burning in the sun and skin cancers. Aborignal Australians and Africans rarely get skin cancer and rarely burn in the sun. They also don't tend to develop wrinkles and a loss of skin elasticity (sun damaged skin) in the sun.

Peoples whose ancestors have lived for long periods of time in cold or/and who live in heavily cloudy climates, and/or who live in non-mountainous regions and live at low altitudes from the sun, (such as Ireland and England which aren't very mountainous compared to the high Alps region where people can get sunburned whilst skiing, or compared to Madrid which is located in one of the highest altitudes in Europe and is much closer to the sun,) have adapted in the evolutionary adaption process of nature to have less pigmentation in their fair skin.

Scandinavians tend to get a light tan in the sun compared to British and Irish people who are more prone to turning red and burning in the sun. Pale skin is often thinner and more transparent and translucent - which often has pinkish tinges or reddish undertones in the heat, and can have blue undertones in cold weather, are more able to absorb vitamin D into their veins and bloodstream underneath their thin, tranluscent, and pale skin in low levels of sunlight.

Health experts often advise that dark skinned people (who also tend to have very thick skin) are more prone to developing bone problems and rickets from a lack of vitamin D when they move to live in places with lots of clouds and little sunlight. A person with pale skin can absorb vitamin D in low levels of sunlight from just a few minutes of daily exposure to the sun, whereas a person with thick and dark skin need more intense sunlight or longer hours of exposure to absorb vitamin D from the sunlight. They have to take vitamin D supplements or eat fish to counteract the lack of sunlight.

♥ Lily ♥
02-24-2019, 09:38 AM
These articles may be of interest to you.

Humans living at high latitude have bigger eyes and bigger brains to cope with poor light during long winters and cloudy days, UK scientists have said. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14279729

Northerners are scientifically found to have larger eyes and brains. https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/northerners-have-bigger-eyes-and-brains-study-finds-1.981416

Also look how populations have naturally survived for thousands of years in various climates.