PDA

View Full Version : Romania remains firm in its stance not to recognise Kosovo

poiuytrewq0987
05-29-2011, 02:00 PM
Many Romanians support President Traian Basescu’s decision to skip a regional meeting on Friday and Saturday in Warsaw, where US President Barack Obama is expected as a special guest, because Kosovo has been invited to the event.

“The president’s decision is a very good one. Bucharest must not recognise any kind of independence for Kosovo, as long as such independence violates international law,” says one comment on Hotnews.ro, Romania’s leading online news portal. Tens of similar comments have flooded the country’s online media since Romania announced it would not attend.

Presidential spokesman Valeriu Turcan late on Wednesday confirmed that President Traian Basescu will not participate in the May 27-28 summit. He explained that the decision was taken after "an entity that is not recognised as a state by our country was invited" to the summit.

Serbia has also announced that it will boycott the summit because of Kosovo's participation.

Romania and four other European Union countries - Slovakia, Cyprus, Greece and Spain - do not recognise Kosovo. Romania has not recognised Kosovo partly because the country has a sizeable ethnic Hungarian minority and believes that Kosovo independence could set a precedent.

http://www.balkaninsight.com/en/article/mixed-reactions-following-romania-s-decision-to-boycot-summit-over-kosovo

The Lawspeaker
05-29-2011, 02:06 PM
Well done, Romania. :thumb001:
Now I am beginning to respect them a bit more.

Nurzat
06-11-2011, 06:33 PM
romanians are afraid to recognize it because romania has a lot of interregional hatred too, no to mention the dissensions with the minorities (~ 2 million hungarians and 300 thousand ukrainians in absolute numbers in romania as natives, not immigrant), plus the recent history of romania, with some territories practically stolen (parts of bucovina, maramures, banat, the szekler land, dobrudja), plus the sustained romanianization of the minorities (except gypsies, you can't assimilate them)

Daos
06-11-2011, 06:46 PM
romanians are afraid to recognize it because romania has a lot of interregional hatred too, no to mention the dissensions with the minorities (~ 2 million hungarians and 300 thousand ukrainians in absolute numbers in romania as natives, not immigrant), plus the recent history of romania, with some territories practically stolen (parts of bucovina, maramures, banat, the szekler land, dobrudja), plus the sustained romanianization of the minorities (except gypsies, you can't assimilate them)

http://www.portalprelude.com/images/news/dude-wait-what.jpg

Nurzat
06-11-2011, 07:14 PM
well romanians were a weak minority in banat (900 thousand germans there at the time of the unification) and bucovina (romanians were less than a third of the population before WW1) and still are a very weak minority in the szekler land (less than 10%)

the same for dobrudja at the time it became part of romania

Daos
06-12-2011, 03:28 AM
well romanians were a weak minority in banat (900 thousand germans there at the time of the unification)

Are you sure about that? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banat#The_Whole_Banat)

I agree that in (most of) Northern Maramureș and Northern Bukovina Ruthenians had become the majority, but that is an Albanian style land-grab.;)

In Szekler Land, Romanians constitute about 36% of the population. I didn't find any numbers, but I did the math using the 2002 census.

And as for Dobrudja...

After the 1878 war, Russia received Northern Dobruja, but forced Romania to change a region partly overlapping to the so-called Southern Bessarabia with it, as Russia wanted a direct access to the Mouths of the Danube.

:shrug:

Arus
06-12-2011, 04:25 AM
I agree that in (most of) Northern Maramureș and Northern Bukovina Ruthenians had become the majority, but that is an Albanian style land-grab.;)

I agree, but by Romania. Seeing as Romanians are practically an Albanian-Cuman-Slavic mish mash with a completely artifical identity and language, a language that is possibly more artifical than Esperanto, I don't see why you would lick Serbia's ass for the purpose of downtrodding your own long-lost kin at the other side of the Balkans.

In Szekler Land, Romanians constitute about 36% of the population. I didn't find any numbers, but I did the math using the 2002 census.

That is, if you count the whole of Kovászna, Hargita and Maros as Szeklerland, which is erroneous. Historical Szeklerland does not include all of Maros, but only the Magyar majority areas.

Szeklerland:
http://oi53.tinypic.com/2u9sr3r.jpg

Not Szeklerland:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/78/Szekely03.png

Daos
06-12-2011, 05:35 AM
You know, Arus, I can almost feel the love emanating from your posts...:)

I couldn't find any demographic data for Szekler Land and there's no other way of calculating the percentage of Romanians in the area, but you're right, my estimation is incorrect.

Volkodav
06-28-2011, 05:19 PM

Nothing is stolen, all is taken in fair combat, our blood is in Don and our bonnes are at Tatra. All we did most of the fighting in 1877 in the Balkans.
Ivanko its you who have stolen lands from smaller nations.

poiuytrewq0987
06-28-2011, 05:53 PM
I don't think it's possible for Szeklerland to rejoin Hungary proper since it is far too isolated and many Romanians live in between Hungary and Szeklerland. A far better solution would be to repatriate all 612,000 Hungarians in Szeklerland to Hungary than carve up Romania for a Greater Hungary.

Arus
07-03-2011, 11:03 AM
I don't think it's possible for Szeklerland to rejoin Hungary proper since it is far too isolated and many Romanians live in between Hungary and Szeklerland. A far better solution would be to repatriate all 612,000 Hungarians in Szeklerland to Hungary than carve up Romania for a Greater Hungary.

No, out of question. Transylvania is their home, not Pannonia. The Szekler's may be Hungarian, but they are different, both ordinary Hungarians and Szeklers know it. It is known fact by Szeklers and Magyars alike that they are descended from the Huns of Attila and were thus present in the Carpathian basin before Árpád and his Magyars arrived ( let alone Vlachs ). To uproot them from their soil, which they have defended, toiled and worked for for a millenia to relocate them in a land relatively alien to them would eventually destroy their culture and millenial long identity. Besides, why does a people that has been present in Transylvania longer than Vlachs, have to pave way for Rumanians? I smell hypocritic chauvinism.

Rumanians claim Transylvania, and so does Hungarians, and both inhabit the area. It bodes trouble, so how do we sort this? Transylvania's fate shall either be determined by the sword, or by a joint compromise.

Ideally, Northern Transylvania, corresponding to roughly 40% of Transylvania, inhabited both by Rumanians and Hungarians should re-awarded to Hungary with Rumanians retaining a cultural autonomy, while Hungarians remaining in the south be granted the same.

http://oi56.tinypic.com/2vx4y14.jpg

http://oi55.tinypic.com/6ye437.jpg

The only rational conclusion towards a peaceful solution. Our rage will not be stilled untill we receive at least some sort of well-earned justice, a slice of the cake...

http://oi53.tinypic.com/15bk8w.jpg

..or brace yourselves for a new 'Balkan war' situated in the Carpathian basin.

Volkodav
07-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Аnus you should keep your hortyst propaganda on the magyar forum.
If you want independence, COME AND TAKE IT.

Щ тоате фийнд спусе, сэ-цй яу морцйи ла пулэ, бозгор ынпуцйт. :bored0:

Arus
07-03-2011, 11:27 AM
Аnus you should keep your hortyst propaganda on the magyar forum.
If you want independence, COME AND TAKE IT.

Horthy was a reactionary Jew loving bastard who lived of massacring Rumanians, Slovaks and Serbs. No I don't like him.

The retrieval of Northern Transylvania is solely the gratitude of the Aryan avatar Adolf Hitler ( who allegedly drew the new borders ) aswell as Italian sympathies.

Щ тоате фийнд спусе, сэ-цй яу морцйи ла пулэ, бозгор ынпуцйт.

Aa, Bozgor.. Amusing actually, as it is a post-trianon Hungarian word originally denoting Rumanian colonizers from Wallachia and Moldova with no ties to Transylvania. Hence 'Bozgor' a man without a land.

Volkodav
07-03-2011, 11:48 AM
Aa, Bozgor.. Amusing actually, as it is a post-trianon Hungarian word originally denoting Rumanian colonizers from Wallachia and Moldova with no ties to Transylvania. Hence 'Bozgor' a man without a land.
Nice use of the google translator, and yes I know what bozgor means, and that is you, because you dont belong here.
Historically huns, avars and magyars all settled in the lowlands of Carpatian Basin where is Hungary today, the volohians were in the mountains. Truth be told, all szekely and changai should be moved to the low area of west Romania and that be given to Hungary.

Avars, magyars had activities with horses and german style trades like agriculture, perfect for C.B. area but bad in mountains. Volohians were sheep farmers and wood workers, and that is good in the hills and mountains.
Only when people will return to this, there will be peace in the area.

Daos
07-03-2011, 12:26 PM
OR, unlike the imagination exercises above, here's a realistic scenario: we'll maintain the status quo and they will be assimilated in a couple of generations. THE END!:coffee:

Arus
07-03-2011, 03:28 PM
OR, unlike the imagination exercises above, here's a realistic scenario: we'll maintain the status quo and they will be assimilated in a couple of generations. THE END!:coffee:

Yes, I don't argue with you. That is the only realistic thing to do. But you see, I have no interest in fake Jewish realities such as realism and empiricism that relies solely upon observational knowledge rather than rationalism, being logical knowledge. The empiricist bases his thinking on observational knowledge, thereby allowing whoever controls what he observes to determine his conception of truth. The rationalist bases his thinking on logical knowledge, thus will not be misled by even the most pervasive information monopoly.

I am no chauvinist, I'm not even a nationalist for that matter, for national sentiments such as yours can only be harmful towards any common idealism and higher conciousness and I implore you to not take my half-hearted statements regarding Rumanians, although generally valid, not too sincerely. After all, it is only teh interwebz. I am more than willing to come to friendly terms with Rumanians, however love cannot be one-sided.

What do you expect to do, erase some 1000+ years of Hungarian presence in Transylvania? Do such thing and Transylvania would cease to be. Most toponyms would dissapear, all castles, forts, even the name of Transylvania ( Ardeal, what a joke! ) would dissapear. It is Szeklers, Magyars and Saxons that has made Transylvania into the flourishing stronghold of western civilization it is, not Rumanians. Erase Hungarians and you erase Transylvania with them! The blood littering Transylvania's earth following it's troubled times of war and conflict is not Rumanian, but Hungarian and German!

Being aware of this, you had to invent some fabricated tale of some mystical non-existant past in order to justify your claims.

The more I think of it, the more pathetic it seems. It is like Ashkenazi Zionists claiming a non-existant Hebrew lineage as justification to claim the 'Holy Land' from the Arabs. It is really your own kind of Romanian Zionism, by inventing the Daco-Roman myth to justify your illegal annexation of millenial old Hungarian land.

Either you come to terms with the Hungarians whose Transylvania you share and grant them the freedom they deserve, or we'll take it for ourselves.

We'll take back Erdély, and Oltenia and turn it into our very own Szöreny Banat for good meassure and completely magyarize Szörenyivár, and allow the Ukranians to cross the Nistru into Bessarabia, and beyond the Pruth and let them have all of Moldavia! And the Bulgarians can have Dobrudja, another filthy land-grab zionism by Romania. Which would leave Romania with Muntenia. Then we will justify and ratify this act in some grand French mansion or palace, say Trianon, with the help of rabbinical Jews without the pressence of a single Romanian leader and let's call this a 'treaty', and you might just, for the split of a second, feel the pain of injustice we still endure!

Volkodav
07-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Yes, I don't argue with you. That is the only realistic thing to do. But you see, I have no interest in fake Jewish realities such as realism and empiricism that relies solely upon observational knowledge rather than rationalism, being logical knowledge. The empiricist bases his thinking on observational knowledge, thereby allowing whoever controls what he observes to determine his conception of truth. The rationalist bases his thinking on logical knowledge, thus will not be misled by even the most pervasive information monopoly.

I am no chauvinist, I'm not even a nationalist for that matter, for national sentiments such as yours can only be harmful towards any common idealism and higher conciousness and I implore you to not take my half-hearted statements regarding Rumanians, although generally valid, not too sincerely. After all, it is only teh interwebz. I am more than willing to come to friendly terms with Rumanians, however love cannot be one-sided.

What do you expect to do, erase some 1000+ years of Hungarian presence in Transylvania? Do such thing and Transylvania would cease to be. Most toponyms would dissapear, all castles, forts, even the name of Transylvania ( Ardeal, what a joke! ) would dissapear. It is Szeklers, Magyars and Saxons that has made Transylvania into the flourishing stronghold of western civilization it is, not Rumanians. Erase Hungarians and you erase Transylvania with them! The blood littering Transylvania's earth following it's troubled times of war and conflict is not Rumanian, but Hungarian and German!

Being aware of this, you had to invent some fabricated tale of some mystical non-existant past in order to justify your claims.
You should know your history, the magyars were put in Covasna to stop the advances of moldavian raides, before them in that place were vlachs who helped the moldavian atackers. The vlachs were also mentioned first by the Teutones in Transilvania, so we were here first.
Also the daco-roman heritage is real, its mentioned in the Russian Hronograf, since 750 AD there were vlachs in Transilvania. When Sviatoslav son of St. Olga was murdered by the pecenegs, the magyars were in the steppes close to the pecenegs, and the vlachs were in Transilvania.

The more I think of it, the more pathetic it seems. It is like Ashkenazi Zionists claiming a non-existant Hebrew lineage as justification to claim the 'Holy Land' from the Arabs. It is really your own kind of Romanian Zionism, by inventing the Daco-Roman myth to justify your illegal annexation of millenial old Hungarian land.
The will of God is supperior to the understanding of man = all jews are from Israel.

Either you come to terms with the Hungarians whose Transylvania you share and grant them the freedom they deserve, or we'll take it for ourselves.
Wrote it before: come and take it !!!

We'll take back Erdély, and Oltenia and turn it into our very own Szöreny Banat for good meassure and completely magyarize Szörenyivár, and allow the Ukranians to cross the Nistru into Bessarabia, and beyond the Pruth and let them have all of Moldavia! And the Bulgarians can have Dobrudja, another filthy land-grab zionism by Romania. Which would leave Romania with Muntenia. Then we will justify and ratify this act in some grand French mansion or palace, say Trianon, with the help of rabbinical Jews without the pressence of a single Romanian leader and let's call this a 'treaty', and you might just, for the split of a second, feel the pain of injustice we still endure!
There is a huge difference, Hungary had a teritorial expansion and none of the holdings had more than a minimal number of magyars.
I wish that Ukraina will conquer both Romania and Hungary, so we can enjoy to freedom of Kiev.

Daos
07-03-2011, 04:16 PM
What do you expect to do, erase some 1000+ years of Hungarian presence in Transylvania?

That is exactly what is happening.

Do such thing and Transylvania would cease to be.

For the most part, it already has. The little difference that still is between us and the other Romanians is quickly disappearing, sadly.

Most toponyms would dissapear, all castles, forts, even the name of Transylvania ( Ardeal, what a joke! ) would dissapear.

Nonsense!

It is Szeklers, Magyars and Saxons that has made Transylvania into the flourishing stronghold of western civilization it is, not Rumanians.

That is true, but that is because Romanians were completely excluded and the Romanian nobles had to assimilate in order to keep their title. But these are our lands and the resources required were extracted, for the most part, with Romanian peasants, so to claim we have absolutely no merit is rather extreme.

The blood littering Transylvania's earth following it's troubled times of war and conflict is not Rumanian, but Hungarian and German!

Really? So the rulers completely ignored the large number of Romanian peasants and only recruited the few Hungarian and German nobles and peasants living here? Not only does this statement defy history, but also logic!

:mmmm: ...For a moment there I thought its the Hungarians that were serfs in their own land until 1848 and not Romanians... But then I woke-up and realised that we live in the 21st century and the Hungarians have all the liberty they want, just not autonomy.;)

Oh? We're sharing dreams now? Here is my dream:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/TeritoriiRomanesti.png

Comte Arnau
07-03-2011, 04:19 PM
I can understand the reasons of the Romanian and Spanish Governments, but why Slovakia? Are Hungarian and Ruthenian claims on Slovakia that strong?

Arus
07-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Also the daco-roman heritage is real

Ofcourse it is, but then so is Santa Clause.

The will of God is supperior to the understanding of man = all jews are from Israel.

Which God? The Demiurge, Yahweh? Judeo-Christian I see.

The Heavenly Father is not Yahweh. Christianity's present dogmas are all Judaic since the days of Pharisee Saul ( St. Paul ), real (K)ristianity is that of Cathar-like Gnostic Luciferianism.

Wrote it before: come and take it !!!

We're abiding time. First we must clear the Jews and their helpers from Judapest, then looms the new Honfoglalás on the horizon.

That is exactly what is happening.

And you take pride in it?

Nonsense!

Is that everything a man of your intelect could produce? What is nonsense and what is not, everything? Care to specify?

Even in a link of yours, directing to a Wikipedia article regarding Romanian toponyms we find this: In Transylvania, the earliest Romanian toponyms include Nucşoara (1359), Cuciulata (1372),[11] Râuşor (1377).[12]

Your source, not mine. ;)

Most Rumanian names of Transylvanian localities is either a direct translation or an aproximation either by sound or meaning of the original Hungarian name. In most cases the words don't have any meaning in Romanian ( including Ardeal ).

Examples:

1. Tisza ~Tisa.
2. Visó ~Vişeu.
3. Ruszkova ~Ruscova.
4. Jód ~Ieud.
5. Sajó ~Şieu.
6. Iza ~Iza.
7. Mára ~Mara.
8. Tur ~Tur.
9. Lekence ~Lechincioara.
10. Szamos ~Someş.
11. Lápos ~Lăpuş.
12. Kékes ~Chiochiş.
13. Kapnik ~Copalnic.
14. Debrek ~Dobric.
15. Szőcs ~Suciu.
16. Berekszó ~Bârsău.
17. Szilágy ~Sălagiu.
18. Egregy ~Agriju.
19. Almás ~Almaş.
20. Hagymás ~Hăşmaş.
21. Ilosva ~Ilişua.
22. Cibles ~Ţibleş.
23. Salva ~Salauţa.
24. Rebra ~Rebra.
25. Ilva ~Ilva.
26. Leses ~Pârăul Leşului.
27. Sajó ~Şieu.
28. Beszterce ~Bistriţa.
29. Budak ~Budac.
30. Lekence ~Lechinţa.
31. Mélyes ~Patac (a magyar patak).
32. Füzes ~Fizeş.
33. Nádas ~Nădaş.
34. Kapus ~Capuş.
35. Fenes ~Feneş.
36. Kraszna ~Crasna.
37. Homoród ~Homorod.
38. Zilah ~Zălau.
39. Sebes-, Fekete-, Fehér-Körös ~Crişul-repede, -negru, -alb.
40. Kalota ~Călăta.
41. Sebes ~Şebeş.
42. Meregyő ~Mirigeu.
43. Székelyjó ~Săcuieu.
44. Dragan ~Drăganu.
44.a. Medes ~Medeş.
45. Berettyó ~Bereteu.
46. Hosszúszó ~Husasău.
47. Bisztra ~Bistra.
48. Gyepes ~Giepeş.
49. Almás ~Almaş.
50. Belényes ~Beiuş.
51. Hollód ~Holod.
52. Gyepes ~Gepiş máskép Pârăul Gurbedului = Görbedi patak)
53. Fenes ~Feniş.
54. Dézna ~Dezna.
55. Csigér ~Cigher.
56. Maros ~Mureş.
57. Ompoly ~Ompoi.
58. Gyógy ~Gioagiu.
59. Aranyos ~Arieş.
60. Abrud ~Abrud.
61. Torockó ~Trăscău.
62. Hesdát ~Valea Heşdatelor.
63. Ludas ~Ludoş.
64. Komlód ~Comlod.
65. Luc-patak ~Pârăul Luţ.
66. Görgény ~Gurghiu.
67. Nyárád ~Niraju.
68. Küküllő ~Târnava.
69. Székás ~Secaş.
70. Viza ~Visa.
71. Székás ~Secaş.
72. Sebes ~Şebeş.
73. Sztrigy ~Streiu.
74. Farkadin ~Farcadin.
75. Cserna ~Cerna.
76. Dobra ~Dobra.
77. Olt ~Olt.
78. Feketeügy ~Fechetig.
79. Kászon ~Caşin.
80. Esztelnek ~Estelnic.
81. Kovászna ~Covasna.
82. Tatrang ~Târlung.
83. Tömös ~Temeş.
84. Vidombák ~Ghimbav.
85. Barca ~Bârsa.
86. Hamarod ~Hamarud.
87. Sebes ~Sebeş.
89. Porumbák ~Porumbac.
90. Árapatak ~Arpătac.
91. Barót ~Baraolt.
92. Körmös ~Cormoş.
93. Vargyas ~ –
94. Homoród ~Homorod.
95. Hortobágy ~Hârbav.
96. Cibin ~Ţibin.
97. Feketevíz ~Cernavoda.
98. Sebes ~(német Schewis).
99. Cód ~Sad.
100. Zsil ~ Jiu.
101. Béga ~Bega.
102. Timişel (oláh képzés a Timis nevéből).
103. Gladna ~Gladna.
104. Nyerges ~Niereghiş.
105. Szternak ~Sternac.
106. Ménes ~Miniş.
107. Kézdi p. ~P.Chizdei.
108. Hodos ~Hodoş.
109. Gyertyámos ~Ghiertiamoş.
110. Berekszó ~Beregsău.
111. Magyarós ~Magariaruş.
112. Temes ~Timiş.
113. Hideg p. ~Râu Hidegu.
113. Sebes ~Şebes.
114. Bisztra ~Bistra.
116. Nadrág ~Nădrag.
117. Egres ~Hezereş.
118. Macskás ~Macicaş.
119. Csukás ~Ciucaş.
120. Cserna ~Cenra.
121. Szederjes ~Sudriaş.
122. Cinka ~Ţinca.
123. Keresteu.
124. Surgán ~Şurgan.
125. Pogányos ~Poganiş.
126. Berzava ~Berzava.
127. Gerlişte.
128. Moraviţa.
129. Karas (ó-magyar Karassó) ~Caraş,
130. Gujina.
131. Cernoveţ.
132. Dognácska ~Dognecea.
133. Ponor.
134. Lisava.
135. Ciclova.
136. Vecinic.
137. A Néra felső völgye: Almás-völgy ~Valea Almaşului.
138. Ménes ~Miniş.
139. Prigor.
140. Oraviţa.
141. Bârzasca.
142. Cserna ~Cerna.
143. Béla ~Bela.

...and those were just a few!

And I'm yet to see any relevant Rumanian fort or castle in Transylvania ( are there any? ).

:mmmm: ...For a moment there I thought its the Hungarians that were serfs in their own land until 1848 and not Romanians... But then I woke-up and realised that we live in the 21st century and the Hungarians have all the liberty they want, just not autonomy.;)

“Waking up” means nothing more than trundling the next step along the neverending curve on which Jews are ahead of us, already laying the step after that. The best way to respond to anyone who claims people are “waking up” is to tell them that Jews sold them their alarm clock.

Oh? We're sharing dreams now?

No, that's certainly not a dream. I acknowledge the injusticies of such a dictate against my own nation and would certainly not want it done to any other. I was comparing Trianon as a means of destroying my nation to that of yours so that you might see our perspective, although in vain. However if you insist on ignoring the Hungarians right of self-determination, we will act, swift and just. That, there is no doubt.

Here is my dream:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/76/TeritoriiRomanesti.png

So giving an area containing 8000 Rumanians between the Tisza and Romania amongst millions of Magyars, which was never yours, to Romania is fair to you?

Thousands outweigh milions? You have more in common with Jews than you take credit. "One million Arabs are not worth a Jewish fingernail." --Rabbi Ya'acov Perin

Yep, spot-on Tribal Zionist you.

Daos
07-04-2011, 06:17 AM
You know, Arus (Harcos), I'm undecided... I can't decide whether you intentionally misinterpret my replies in order to prove your superiority or you are truly mentally impaired.

But anyway, EVERYBODY knows that since Pannonia was inhabited by the Dacians after defeating the Celts, most toponyms there are of Dacian origin. Don't believe me? Check this source (http://z0r.de/L/z0r-de_2715.swf)!

Ushtari
07-04-2011, 05:33 PM
The original home of Romanians is further to the south, this fact is supported by most scholars.

Volkodav
07-05-2011, 03:10 PM
The original home of Romanians is further to the south, this fact is supported by most scholars.
The original home of terrorists is at Mecca, please go there.

Moustache
07-08-2011, 10:58 PM
What a wonderful opportunity, I'm truly honoured to meet Albanian relatives that crossed the Danube and ventured onto lands yonder, now calling themselves Romanians.

It is none of my business how a nation desperately battles for the scraps of identity off of a table of a great nation from the past, such as the Romans. Times are hard in this corner of the world and you have to make do with what you got. You take a dream, put it next to reality and apply sellotape generously. Emasculated Westerners will take this as a sign of lowbrow dilettantism among the elite that according to them is symptomatic of unassuming standards and lowered expectations reproducing themselves overall in the region. If anything, I believe this represents a lack of greed in the Balkans, greed that is eating up their corrupt and weak-minded societies from the inside. The mind of the petit burgeouis, the soul of the accountant will never cease to be amazed and intimidated by the valour of Balkanian spirit that is heroic, ballsy and unselfish to the end. Damn right, motherfucker, we are awesome and sellotape is our thingamajig!

So it is with concern that I observe materialism making inroads into Romanian society and making them forget their Balkan bros. WTF, so now that you have washing machines and a Rolls Royce Dacia with a high-tech CD dangling from your rear-view mirror, you think you can ignore the relatives waving at you, because they're poor? Know this: it pains me to see the forlorn seed of Illyria who once proudly hoisted their eagle beak in the air suffer such physical degeneration. I could have sworn I heard a voice call in French from the other side of the chicken farm's fence...

Go. You are set free. Know this though: the French have finnicky tastes, so pay good attention to your hygiene, in particular regard to dental care. It's not cool to whip out your teeth from your pocket for your wedding photo. I have the honour of recommending that you enlist the aid of a noted specialist, Dr. Sabina, to such ends.

This Balkanian brother of yours is too proud and stoic to budge from the mountains where the air is so inimitably filtered by convex noses, where no heroic victory remains unsung, while across the Danube, the talent of a new order unfolds:

Moustache
07-09-2011, 05:13 PM
(...)That is true, but that is because Romanians were completely excluded and the Romanian nobles had to assimilate in order to keep their title. But these are our lands and the resources required were extracted, for the most part, with Romanian peasants, so to claim we have absolutely no merit is rather extreme.(...)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1f/Michelangelo%27s_Pieta_5450_cropncleaned_edit.jpg

Pietŕ. Work of Michelangelo

- the worker toiling in the quarry of Ferrara to cut slabs of marble

- customs officials at one of the innumerable borders taking cuts and bribes

- the baker (Enzo de bakere! For yor fader, for your fader!) without whose bread Michelangelo would have starved.

Also

- the lazy and incompetent craftsman at "Ye Leather Condomes from Sheepe Skyn", quoted as saying "if I had taken care while manifacturing condoms, Michelangelo would never have been born. Be grateful that my ineptitude gifted the world with such talent."

Transposing class differences to the national level has to be the favourite pastime of East and Central European intellectuals. Really. :thumbs up

Since Romania is run by the "peasants" - in your view - for 80 years now, I'm sure you wouldn't mind explaining the disparity in GDP distribution in Romania. The commie regime was structurally biased in favour of Romanians, featuring Byzantine culture and starring the Asiatic mode of production - really what's your excuse for failing to bump Wallachia and Moldova to at least the Transylvanian level anno 1920?

http://www.romania-central.com/wp-content/uploads/img/assessment-of-the-romanian-economy/map-of-romania-gdp-per-capita-gdp-map.gif

Volkodav
07-09-2011, 06:42 PM
bla bla bla

MECCA ----> that way.

Silly albanians, when will you realise that religion is stronger than blood ?
Or you know that and now you try to break the connections between rumenians and serbians ? Shame on you.

http://www.historyofjihad.org/albania.html?syf=contact

Moustache
07-09-2011, 07:25 PM
MECCA ----> that way.

Bullstampedinople is on the way, I could drop you off along with a couple of your girls. For tender maidens of your realm are suitably appreciative when it comes to French money, Arab money, or wherever it comes from.

Silly albanians, when will you realise that religion is stronger than blood ?

I'll have to remember this quote for the next time you act like apologetic clowns when your healthily tanned compatriots wreak havoc on Italy and France. Notice how you've been an obnoxious prick, while I've appealed to solidarity and your (apparent lack of) decency.

Or you know that and now you try to break the connections between rumenians and serbians ? Shame on you.

http://www.historyofjihad.org/albania.html?syf=contact

You wanna do the famous sabre dance from Shkodra eh? Sorry to burst your bubble, but Romania isn't the first thing that pops into mind when someone thinks of "Europe". You're a white spot, somewhere up there with Northern Asia, unless they know of vampire-themed Hollywood series or computer games. It's understandable you're desperate to cement your position somewhere in the lower third of the food chain by picking on Albos. Look at your own shit first - Europe isn't particularly thrilled about your impotent leadership, corruption permeating your society, underperforming and unmotivated work force. Maybe you think you can doctor this by putting in 5000+ hours into Oblivion - if there's something that is actually a threat to Europe, it's the primitive mind of the likes of you.

Raikaswinţs
07-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Kosovo is a bad joke. Shame that balcans have so many bad blood between them. Yugoslavia was a country that people had in high esteem. At least basketball fans.

I guess that there was something wrong within the union. Maybe one of the ethnicities was too prevalent and some felt threatened. I don´t know very good the details of it.But 20 years on I wonder... was it all worth?

well, Croatians don´t seem to be doing that bad. Neither slovenes. But the rest of the region is in pain without relief

poiuytrewq0987
07-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Kosovo is a bad joke. Shame that balcans have so many bad blood between them. Yugoslavia was a country that people had in high esteem. At least basketball fans.

I guess that there was something wrong within the union. Maybe one of the ethnicities was too prevalent and some felt threatened. I don´t know very good the details of it.But 20 years on I wonder... was it all worth?

well, Croatians don´t seem to be doing that bad. Neither slovenes. But the rest of the region is in pain without relief

Yugoslavia was probably the best thing that happened to all South Slavs. It unified the rather homogenous South Slavs into a single country. We managed to become a military and economic power... a feat that hasn't been accomplished since the medieval age.

Yugoslavia was and is the only tool that will keep South Slavs independent from other foreign powers. Croatia was conquered by Magyars, the Serbs by Ottomans, Slovenes by Germans, etc. However when we had a strong Yugoslavia during the Cold War and no power could conquer us nor force us to either align with the Allies or Comintern.

That was the true taste of freedom, we were all too happy to throw that freedom away for weak ethnic-states. People use Yugoslavia's economic problems during the late 80s to justify the breakup of Yugoslavia but that is in its core a bad excuse. Iceland, for example was able to restructure after it defaulted on its debt showing that defaulting on debt isn't the end of the world.

The collapse of Yugoslavia and the civil wars set back our economy by 50 years and did nothing except to hinder us from joining the EEC (the EU's previous incarnation). We could've gotten in the EU before Poland and several others (around 1992, that was the expected date for accession had Yugoslavia remained stable). You can read some more on the economics portion of Yugoslavia here (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16364).

bulgarian88
07-09-2011, 09:36 PM
What a wonderful opportunity, I'm truly honoured to meet Albanian relatives that crossed the Danube and ventured onto lands yonder, now calling themselves Romanians.

Romanians are Dacians, not Albanians. Don't talk stupid things.
You're afraid that Romania has the highest population on the Balkans (not counting Turkey).

Arus
07-09-2011, 10:11 PM
I give credit to Romanian 'historians' for this Daco-Roman continuity. It is really good actually, but it belongs on the fiction shelf.

The truth, however, is rather different.

Take a handful of Albanian, misplace it, throw in some Slavic, with a hint of Turkic, give it a false identity and replace it's vocabulary with French and Italian, and you have Romanian. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction, however slight the difference may be in this case.

Conclusion: No 'Daco' and no 'Roman'. So hereby I officially declare a new theory: Albo-Slavic.

bulgarian88
07-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Romanians are not Albanians, they don't even care about Albania. And they have a more common past with us Bulgarians than with Albanians. Some of the Bulgarians are with Thrace roots, so they are related to Romanians.

Arus
07-10-2011, 05:04 PM
They have alot in common with Bulgarians ofcourse, seeing as they used the Bulgarian Empire as a bridge from Albania to what's now contemporary 'Romania'. On their voyage northeast they picked up Orthodoxy and Cyrillic from the Bulgarians, along with a healthy amount of Slavic vocabulary which ultimately defined a major part of their culture and language. Ofcourse Thracian/Dacian blood flows among Romanians as the Dacian blood was consumed by Huns, Pechenegs, Goths, Gepids, Cumans whose land and plebeian people and hence also blood Romanians in turn consumed. But what defines a nation is not a link of blood, but a people united by a common history and more importantly language and culture. Is there a blood continuity? Certainly, but diluted and dispersed throughout the centuries, a feat shared by Hungarians and Romanians in Transylvania alike. Is there an ethno-linguistic continuity? Ofcourse not. Ergo there exists no Thracians or Dacians in contemporary Europe. The end.

Otherwise I could call myself a Celt.

bulgarian88
07-10-2011, 05:15 PM
What the ... ?

Arus
07-10-2011, 05:23 PM
What's the matter? Does your overall thick head render you unable to thoroughly understand my post? Why I even bother is beyond me.. :coffee:

poiuytrewq0987
07-10-2011, 05:25 PM
They have alot in common with Bulgarians ofcourse, seeing as they used the Bulgarian Empire as a bridge from Albania to what's now contemporary 'Romania'. On their voyage northeast they picked up Orthodoxy and Cyrillic from the Bulgarians, along with a healthy amount of Slavic vocabulary which ultimately defined a major part of their culture and language. Ofcourse Thracian/Dacian blood flows among Romanians as the Dacian blood was consumed by Huns, Pechenegs, Goths, Gepids, Cumans whose land and plebeian people and hence also blood Romanians in turn consumed. But what defines a nation is not a link of blood, but a people united by a common history and more importantly language and culture. Is there a blood continuity? Certainly, but diluted and dispersed throughout the centuries, a feat shared by Hungarians and Romanians in Transylvania alike. Is there an ethno-linguistic continuity? Ofcourse not. Ergo there exists no Thracians or Dacians in contemporary Europe. The end.

Otherwise I could call myself a Celt.

Oh come on, who pulled this Albanian Romania out of their arse? Romania was never Illyrian but rather Dacian, a subtribe of Thracians. But then again you have a personal vendetta so it might be a bit pointless to try and reason with you.

Arus
07-10-2011, 05:30 PM
Oh come on, who pulled this Albanian Romania out of their arse? Romania was never Illyrian but rather Dacian, a subtribe of Thracians. But then again you have a personal vendetta so it might be a bit pointless to try and reason with you.

If I would have wanted your personal expert insight I would have asked for it, mr Serbofyromianbulgarianswedeamericanillyrian titoist who is unsure of his own identity.

poiuytrewq0987
07-10-2011, 05:49 PM
If I would have wanted your personal expert insight I would have asked for it, mr Serbofyromianbulgarianswedeamericanillyrian titoist who is unsure of his own identity.

Haha, fuck off Magyar hun you're not welcome in Europe. Your Turkic brothers in Ankara are calling.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fcDGVjurP3g/TK4GVVou-tI/AAAAAAAAAKI/CmOXjEG4nZI/s1600/funny-explosion.jpg

Arus
07-10-2011, 05:58 PM
Centuries of turbulent warring aside, there is nothing wrong with Turks, or even Romanians for that matter apart from their shameful fabrication of history as a means to justify their claims on ancient Hungarian land.

Why so hateful?

bulgarian88
07-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Centuries of turbulent warring aside, there is nothing wrong with Turks, or even Romanians for that matter apart from their shameful fabrication of history as a means to justify their claims on ancient Hungarian land.

Why so hateful?

Hello stranger, you're a danger for reality. All the things you say were not true. Romanians have nothing to do with your people.

Arus
07-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Romanians have nothing to do with your people.

My people? I know, and I must say I'm relatively glad of that fact. Bulgarians however do, whether you like it or not.

bulgarian88
07-10-2011, 06:36 PM
We don't. Most Bulgarians either don't care about your people or want you exterminated.

Arus
07-10-2011, 06:43 PM
We don't. Most Bulgarians either don't care about your people or want you exterminated.

Bulgarians want to exterminate Hungarians? Ridiculous! Ethnicity has nothing to do with your personal petty feelings either, you whiny little sissy girl.

HOELduWhl20

Think of our glorious days of yore!

bulgarian88
07-10-2011, 06:51 PM
I thought you were Albanian... my mistake!
Anyway, Romanians are not related to Albanians, nor to Hungarians.
And the only way Bulgarians are related to Hungarians is that we have the same colors on our national flag, but then again, Italy does, too! We don't need to be related to a country, who's main industry is making of porn movies. ;)

Arus
07-10-2011, 07:06 PM
I thought you were Albanian... my mistake!

I know, I was just playing along with your dullness.

And the only way Bulgarians are related to Hungarians is that we have the same colors on our national flag, but then again, Italy does, too!

We are related, unless you deny the Bulgar roots of your Bulgarian nation.

We don't need to be related to a country, who's main industry is making of porn movies. ;)

Nor do we need to be related to the poorest country in the EU. ;) But we are.

bulgarian88
07-10-2011, 07:10 PM
We just took the Bulgar name, they were just a small bunch, most of the people here were either Slavs or Thracians.

We might be the poorest, but we will destroy EU, the way Germany failed after the WWII or the way USSR fell. There is a saying that every state/union we are related to fails...

We just need to get rid of the Turkish people and gypsies we have here by sending them to the EU. :D

bulgarian88
07-10-2011, 07:16 PM
Nor do we need to be related to the poorest country in the EU. ;) But we are.

We're not related! We don't speak your stupid language! We speak a Slavic language. You're an ugly nation, we're not.

The only thing we have in common is that we purchased the only thing you ever produced save for porn movies - the Ikarus:

http://www.imhd.sk/ba/index.php%3Fimg%3D15157%26typ%3Dgm
:p

Arus
07-10-2011, 07:19 PM
http://oi55.tinypic.com/sov1af.jpg

:bow00002::bow00002::bow00002::bow00002::bow00002: :bow00002::bow00002::bow00002::bow00002::bow00002: :bow00002::bow00002::bow00002:

We're not related! We don't speak your stupid language!

Your forebears did. :thumb001:

bulgarian88
07-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Hungarians - the only things they can produce are Ikaruses, porn movies and sh*t. :rolleyes:

Moustache
07-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Romanians are not Albanians, they don't even care about Albania. And they have a more common past with us Bulgarians than with Albanians. Some of the Bulgarians are with Thrace roots, so they are related to Romanians.

The ethymology of the Carpathian Mountains can be traced back to Albanian karpe, meaning "rock". The Albanian language itself is linked to Daco-Moesian by Bulgarian linguist Georgiev, although most Albanian scholars are in favour of the Illyrian theory, bless their brave spirit. A question that arises is how Albanians managed to avoid Hellenisation or Romanisation that numerous small groups close to the respective cultural centres underwent. Those Empires were shiny, but also a sad time for cultural-ethnic preservation. Yup.

Ushtari
07-11-2011, 08:13 PM
The ethymology of the Carpathian Mountains can be traced back to Albanian karpe, meaning "rock". The Albanian language itself is linked to Daco-Moesian by Bulgarian linguist Georgiev, although most Albanian scholars are in favour of the Illyrian theory, bless their brave spirit. A question that arises is how Albanians managed to avoid Hellenisation or Romanisation that numerous small groups close to the respective cultural centres underwent. Those Empires were shiny, but also a sad time for cultural-ethnic preservation. Yup.
Indeed, but it might also come from proto-indo-european since other languages has cognates with it as well.

Also, according to Georgiev, Albanian cant be derived from illyrian because it lacks its own maritime vocabulary, but illyrians inhabited the area all the way to Nish in modern Serbia, and they certainly didnt have any contact with the sea.

And the reason why Albanians managed to avoid assimilation is because they lived isolated at the highlands. This doesn't mean they never lived anywhere els or any other sort of life, but the ones who avoided assimilation was those who lived in mountainous areas.

Caeruleus
10-02-2011, 07:52 PM
Romania will never recognize the fake state of Kosovo. Hungarians will never get over Trianon. Hungarians (the least european nation of all european nations) talking about Romania's origins :D that's a good one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hungarian_people

StonyArabia
10-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Kosovo is an illegal entity created by NATO so they can have a base on the Balkans nothing more and nothing less. Most nations will not recognize it, and a good move on the part of Romania.

RoMANIAC
01-21-2012, 02:42 PM
In this maps you can see that romanian vilages (red spots), are the most. The territory in the western part of the map where you can't see red spots is now part of Serbia. The map was made by germans.

Drawing-slim
01-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Kosovo is an illegal entity created by NATO so they can have a base on the Balkans nothing more and nothing less. Most nations will not recognize it, and a good move on the part of Romania.Its illegal becuase two million people with the oldest heritage in europe finally got their freedom, this makes it illegal.
You and all people that think like you are going to hell, one way ticket
Signed
by J,C himself
:D

Rron
01-21-2012, 03:12 PM
Kosovo is an illegal entity created by NATO so they can have a base on the Balkans nothing more and nothing less. Most nations will not recognize it, and a good move on the part of Romania.
Like we care if some circassian, or similar to you recognise us or not .

Rkkk
02-16-2012, 08:02 PM
:D

poiuytrewq0987
02-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Kosovo is old illyrian land , it should unite with Albania just like Bessarabia with Romania

Better get ready to give up Ţinutul Secuiesc to Hungary then.

Rkkk
02-16-2012, 08:43 PM
----

Sabinae
02-16-2012, 08:45 PM
Better get ready to give up Ţinutul Secuiesc to Hungary then.

Nope.