PDA

View Full Version : [SPLIT] The Soviet Union & The CIA / USA

Hors
03-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Not smart..? The Soviet Union got their asses handed to them by ragtag rebels which is exactly what the CIA wanted, and not a single American soldier engaged any reds..

Do you suggest that when after 10 years of fighting and 10-15K(Soviet)/1-4M(Afghan/Paki) casualties the Soviets left it was a victory for CIA?

Back in late 70s CIA wanted to intall the US puppet regime in Afghanistan, that what what they exactly wanted. But even when the Kabul regime fell when the USSR ceased to supply petrol to it, the CIA objective was not reached, they did not control the new modjaheed regime...

SwordoftheVistula
03-09-2009, 06:28 PM
Do you suggest that when after 10 years of fighting and 10-15K(Soviet)/1-4M(Afghan/Paki) casualties the Soviets left it was a victory for CIA?

Back in late 70s CIA wanted to intall the US puppet regime in Afghanistan, that what what they exactly wanted. But even when the Kabul regime fell when the USSR ceased to supply petrol to it, the CIA objective was not reached, they did not control the new modjaheed regime...

That wasn't the goal, the goal at that time was 'containment' of the Soviet Union, thus all sorts of interesting characters were supported on the basis of them not being Soviet/communists. A victory for the local warlord prevented a victory for the USSR, and thus was considered beneficial for the US.

Hors
03-09-2009, 06:42 PM
That WAS the goal of the US and the reason for the Soviet invasion. The idea of invasion was very unpopular among the Soviet leadership which was literally forced to act to prevent the Us to install another puppet regime at the Soviet border.

SwordoftheVistula
03-09-2009, 06:48 PM
Maybe that's what they told you. All these goofballs in weird places like Afghanistan, Nicaragua, etc were only supported on the basis of being 'anti-communist'. Many of them were actually fascists or other ideologies entirely out of step with the American Anglo-capitalist ideology. Once the USSR collapsed and the 'cold war' ended, these people were all dropped like hot rocks, which is what led bin Ladin to be angry at the American 'betrayal'.

Hors
03-09-2009, 06:56 PM
Maybe that's what they told you.

When the Sviet system collapsed, the US established total control over Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Latin America and Africa. It allowed it to exist for another 20 years, to postpone the crisis till now. Without this spoil, the US would have fallen in 3-5 years after the USSR.

Loyalist
03-09-2009, 07:22 PM
To further BeornWulfWer's earlier observation, this thread pertains to the RIRA murder of British soldiers in Antrim, not to 9/11 conspiracy theories OR the Soviet war in Afghanistan.

SwordoftheVistula
03-09-2009, 08:21 PM
When the Sviet system collapsed, the US established total control over Eastern Europe, Central Asia, Latin America and Africa. It allowed it to exist for another 20 years, to postpone the crisis till now. Without this spoil, the US would have fallen in 3-5 years after the USSR.

These guys cost us money to prop them up for the past 20 years, until the recent crisis when we ran out of money to give them.

Hors
03-09-2009, 08:39 PM
Money? I gather you're talking about greenish paper you gave them in exchange of their oil, gold, diamonds, wood, land, factories, real estate etc.? Or not even paper, just digital entries in the US Federal Reserve computers...

They can buy nothing with such "money", not for the last several decades, since the time when the US refused to pay in gold and pax americana was enforced on them.

SwordoftheVistula
03-10-2009, 09:37 AM
Money? I gather you're talking about greenish paper you gave them in exchange of their oil, gold, diamonds, wood, land, factories, real estate etc.? Or not even paper, just digital entries in the US Federal Reserve computers...

They can buy nothing with such "money", not for the last several decades, since the time when the US refused to pay in gold and pax americana was enforced on them.

That's from different countries-oil from Saudi Arabia and the Gulf Emirates, and manufactured goods from China, Taiwan, and Japan.

From Afghanistan, Zaire/Congo, Nicaragua, Grenada, eastern Europe, and all the other cold war flashpoints, we got jack squat.

Peru and Columbia we get cocaine from, but that's from the people who were supported by the Soviets, nothing from the official governments we supported.

Hors
03-10-2009, 10:31 AM
From Afghanistan, Zaire/Congo, Nicaragua, Grenada, eastern Europe, and all the other cold war flashpoints, we got jack squat.

For Russia, it's better to wage a war in Afghanistan,than in Tadjikistan or Chechnya. For the US it's better to fight in Korea and Vietnam rather than in Mexico or Texas. Got the hint?

As for Eastern Europe, well, the US got their markets and destroyed local industry... and, just imagine, all their currency reserves, both state and private owned, represent the value which was actually transferred to Americans for nothing.

Anyway, back to the point:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/articles/BRZ110A.html

Question: The former director of the CIA, Robert Gates, stated in his memoirs ["From the Shadows"], that American intelligence services began to aid the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan 6 months before the Soviet intervention. In this period you were the national security adviser to President Carter. You therefore played a role in this affair. Is that correct?

Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.

Fortis in Arduis
03-10-2009, 10:57 AM
Well, from where I am sitting what Hors is saying is about right.

The Federal Reserve - what a swindle. :eek:

SwordoftheVistula
03-10-2009, 11:38 AM
For Russia, it's better to wage a war in Afghanistan,than in Tadjikistan or Chechnya. For the US it's better to fight in Korea and Vietnam rather than in Mexico or Texas. Got the hint?

I never disputed that. I was saying that US involvement there was to deny them to the Soviets, not for any value of those countries to the general national interest aside from a general interest in checking Soviet/Communist expansion.

As for Eastern Europe, well, the US got their markets and destroyed local industry

That's the Germany and the EU that has those markets now. If anyone came out ahead as a result of the 'Cold War' it was them really.

The Federal Reserve - what a swindle. :eek:

It certainly is, I don't think there was any dispute as to whether this was true or not.