PDA

View Full Version : Southern Brazil in 1970

Tenma de Pegasus
02-27-2019, 11:22 PM
https://youtu.be/RQBEyfR6c9U

Tenma de Pegasus
03-06-2019, 06:00 PM
It was basically Europe in the South Hemisphere.

KMack
03-06-2019, 06:16 PM
That could have easily been the USA. When I was in elementary school, 5th grade as I recall, we studied 2 countries that being England and Brazil.
I still remember Brasilia because it was a planned capital from the start that "opened" in 1960.

Kamal900
03-06-2019, 06:19 PM
@the OP; do you support the independence movement in southern Brazil?

Tenma de Pegasus
03-06-2019, 06:24 PM
@the OP; do you support the independence movement in southern Brazil?

No, I am even a Northeast Brazilian. But I have no problem to make threads about other parts of my country that I like. Also this thread is not to say that only South Brazil has whites, whites are spread in all this country and an important element in every state. But clearly South Brazil is a white bastion even for European standarts, its a true european stronghold with around 30 milion people in a World where only 13-15% of the population is white. Of course the rest of Brazil has strong numbers of white people and mixed people heavily mixed with whites.

About the separation movement, its not a real treat for the country union. Only 6% of Southern Brazilians went to vote in the last ilegal secession consult. The Federal Capitol(Brasília) not even care about it and no one of the leaders were put in jail, separatist personalities are not famous in Brazil like in Cataluya for example. South Brazil is not leftist region and the right wing of Brazil is very patriotic.

Its way easier to find videos of southern Brazilian protesting with brazilian flags, tshirts, singing the anthem, sometimes crownds of over 100.000 thousand people than find videos of 100 people protesting for the independence. Also one of the three states, Rio Grande do Sul(the state on the video), is unfortunately very broked and indebted with the Union.

But the moviment exists, its small but exists, we see more on the internet, despite most brazilians being pro Nation Union. The main order and desire of the brazilian population is not the desintegration of this huge country, but more independance for each state and I think this new goverment will make something about this point.

https://youtu.be/Sl-wu_4P970

Tenma de Pegasus
03-06-2019, 07:18 PM
https://youtu.be/ND9EO0dHNxU

https://youtu.be/tI9LYcWHyj4

Tenma de Pegasus
03-07-2019, 09:09 AM
That could have easily been the USA. When I was in elementary school, 5th grade as I recall, we studied 2 countries that being England and Brazil.
I still remember Brasilia because it was a planned capital from the start that "opened" in 1960.

Yes, Southern Brazil is the part of Latin America that most resemble USA/Canada, its even whiter than many american states. The capitols are not so white, but the rural zones and small/medium cities are very european.

Marco94
03-07-2019, 09:15 AM
Yes, Southern Brazil is the part of Latin America that most resemble USA/Canada, its even whiter than many american states. The capitols are not so white, but the rural zones and small/medium cities are very european.

More than Argentina and Uruguay? I think Southern Brazil, Argentina (Central -the Pampa Gringa-) and Uruguay are the regions that most resemble USA and Canada.

Tenma de Pegasus
03-07-2019, 09:55 AM
More than Argentina and Uruguay? I think Southern Brazil, Argentina (Central -the Pampa Gringa-) and Uruguay are the regions that most resemble USA and Canada.

Yes, because the most euro regions of Argentina are very South European and South Italian, the german regions of Argentina are not so white like Misiones for example. When in Brazil the german regions are very white and the bulk of italians in Southern Brazil is North Italian by far. Also almost 10 milion Southern brazilians have full or partial german ancestry(its 1/3 of the population higher than most USA), other 3 milion have polish ancestry(10% of the population), the impact of non iberian/italian europeans there is fucking huge outside the capitols. Also 4 milion south brazilians speak german, its imcomparable to anywhere in Americas and outside Europe, this point South Brazil is not even close to USA because few americans speak german.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_German

South Brazil can resemble Anglo Saxon America and Europe.
Argentina Pampas resemble very well South Europe.

Catarinense1998
03-07-2019, 10:02 AM
No, I am even a Northeast Brazilian. But I have no problem to make threads about other parts of my country that I like. Also this thread is not to say that only South Brazil has whites, whites are spread in all this country and an important element in every state. But clearly South Brazil is a white bastion even for European standarts, its a true european stronghold with around 30 milion people in a World where only 13-15% of the population is white. Of course the rest of Brazil has strong numbers of white people and mixed people heavily mixed with whites.

About the separation movement, its not a real treat for the country union. Only 6% of Southern Brazilians went to vote in the last ilegal secession consult. The Federal Capitol(Brasília) not even care about it and no one of the leaders were put in jail, separatist personalities are not famous in Brazil like in Cataluya for example. South Brazil is not leftist region and the right wing of Brazil is very patriotic.

Its way easier to find videos of southern Brazilian protesting with brazilian flags, tshirts, singing the anthem, sometimes crownds of over 100.000 thousand people than find videos of 100 people protesting for the independence. Also one of the three states, Rio Grande do Sul(the state on the video), is unfortunately very broked and indebted with the Union.

But the moviment exists, its small but exists, we see more on the internet, despite most brazilians being pro Nation Union. The main order and desire of the brazilian population is not the desintegration of this huge country, but more independance for each state and I think this new goverment will make something about this point.

I've sure that you do not know anything about the movement. Rio Grande do Sul is a broken state because it pays a lot of taxes, and not receive money from the Union. The movement is growing, but slowly. Just wait more 20 - 30 years.

https://www.sullivre.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/2017_Arrecadacao_Retorno.jpg

Tenma de Pegasus
03-07-2019, 10:03 AM
I've sure that you do not know anything about the movement. Rio Grande do Sul is a broken state because it pays a lot of taxes, and not receive money from the Union. The movement is growing, but slowly. Just wait more 20 - 30 years.

https://www.sullivre.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/2017_Arrecadacao_Retorno.jpg

It will be always the same, lets wait. If Brazil did not broked after 1822, now its even harder.

Catarinense1998
03-07-2019, 10:08 AM
It will be always the same, lets wait. If Brazil did not broked after 1822, now its even harder.

Brazil as a state makes sense to poor regions like the Northeast one, because it gets a lot of money without contribute. I'm not a hardcore sepatist. Honestly, if our federal pact gets a review and modifications, I'll be ok. We need to decentralize the administration.

Marco94
03-07-2019, 10:22 AM
Yes, because the most euro regions of Argentina are very South European and South Italian, the german regions of Argentina are not so white like Misiones for example. When in Brazil the german regions are very white and the bulk of italians in Southern Brazil is North Italian by far. Also almost 10 milion Southern brazilians have full or partial german ancestry(its 1/3 of the population higher than most USA), other 3 milion have polish ancestry(10% of the population), the impact of non iberian/italian europeans there is fucking huge outside the capitols. Also 4 milion south brazilians speak german, its imcomparable to anywhere in Americas and outside Europe, this point South Brazil is not even close to USA because few americans speak german.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_German

South Brazil can resemble Anglo Saxon America and Europe.
Argentina Pampas resemble very well South Europe.

This is entirely false. The most European region of Argentina comparable to South Brazil is la Pampa Gringa (Cordoba, Santa Fe, Entre Rios and BA province interior) which are overwhelmingly Northern Italian, Swiss and German (mainly Volga German), as well as other non-Southern European ethnicites. 80% of the Italians settled in the central interior were Northern Italian, mainly Piedmontese, Friulians, Lombards and from Veneto. I’m from there: my mother is 3/4 Northern Italian and 1/4 Swiss German.

The only heavily Southern European areas are Buenos Aires metropolitan area and some other large urban centers like Rosario, Cordoba and Mendoza.

Towns the interior look very American/Canadian.

lisarb
03-07-2019, 05:06 PM

??

Tenma de Pegasus
03-07-2019, 05:28 PM
This is entirely false. The most European region of Argentina comparable to South Brazil is la Pampa Gringa (Cordoba, Santa Fe, Entre Rios and BA province interior) which are overwhelmingly Northern Italian, Swiss and German (mainly Volga German), as well as other non-Southern European ethnicites. 80% of the Italians settled in the central interior were Northern Italian, mainly Piedmontese, Friulians, Lombards and from Veneto. I’m from there: my mother is 3/4 Northern Italian and 1/4 Swiss German.

The only heavily Southern European areas are Buenos Aires metropolitan area and some other large urban centers like Rosario, Cordoba and Mendoza.

I know Argentina has 3 milion germanic descendants mainly on Northeast provinces like Rosario, Missiones and Entre Rios. But my vision about the country as whole and mainly the most populous and white provinces like Buenos Aires was always a very southern european country and sometimes East Med shifted on barplots and genetic maps, jews and south italians arent something common to find in Latam at all. So thanks for the contribution, its welcome.

lisarb
03-07-2019, 05:32 PM

most imigration in argentina are italian, spanish and french

Tenma de Pegasus
03-07-2019, 05:38 PM
Brazil as a state makes sense to poor regions like the Northeast one, because it gets a lot of money without contribute. I'm not a hardcore sepatist. Honestly, if our federal pact gets a review and modifications, I'll be ok. We need to decentralize the administration.

This separation would be entirely bad to me, Brasília made poor people here become used to receive welfare and all type of assistances from the public sector. Northeast does not have sufficient people on the high and high middle class to sustain all this people and pay all the things Brazil's Central Government make poors addicted. In Maranhao for example, 50% of the families receive welfare, its scary. Whites live as a minoritary sector here and without the welfare poors are addicted, they would certainly revolt and strike on us like they were threatening last year.

Marco94
03-07-2019, 08:08 PM
I know Argentina has 3 milion germanic descendants mainly on Northeast provinces like Rosario, Missiones and Entre Rios. But my vision about the country as whole and mainly the most populous and white provinces like Buenos Aires was always a very southern european country and sometimes East Med shifted on barplots and genetic maps, jews and south italians arent something common to find in Latam at all. So thanks for the contribution, its welcome.

But that isn't the point. All I'm saying is that Southern Brazil is not the most similar region to the USA and Canada in Latin America alone, just together with the most non-southern European region of Argentina. Santa Fe, Entre Rios, Eastern Cordoba and the interior of Buenos Aires, which is a region known as "Pampa Gringa", is mostly (but obviously not exclusively) Central European (Northern Italian, Swiss, German, French), especially outside large urban centers (like it happens in Southern Brazil). This region concentrates more than 8 million inhabitants.

Marco94
03-07-2019, 08:12 PM
most imigration in argentina are italian, spanish and french

Yep, and after that the Germans.

Just like in Brazil, where the most common immigrants were the Portuguese, followed by the Italians, Spaniards, Japanese, Russian, Lebanese and Germans.

lisarb
03-07-2019, 08:27 PM
Yep, and after that the Germans.

Just like in Brazil, where the most common immigrants were the Portuguese, followed by the Italians, Spaniards, Japanese, Russian, Lebanese and Germans.

germans is brazil century 19 in south!

germans in argentina: immigration century 20! Russians migrated more than Germans

Tenma de Pegasus
03-07-2019, 08:32 PM
I still think no region of Latam is like Southern Brazil, maybe they can be somewhat close, but not on equal level.

Catarinense1998
03-08-2019, 09:47 AM
This separation would be entirely bad to me, Brasília made poor people here become used to receive welfare and all type of assistances from the public sector. Northeast does not have sufficient people on the high and high middle class to sustain all this people and pay all the things Brazil's Central Government make poors addicted. In Maranhao for example, 50% of the families receive welfare, its scary. Whites live as a minoritary sector here and without the welfare poors are addicted, they would certainly revolt and strike on us like they were threatening last year.

It is your views. Maranhão is a garbage state like any Northeastern one. Your issues are not my issues.

Catarinense1998
03-08-2019, 09:48 AM
I still think no region of Latam is like Southern Brazil, maybe they can be somewhat close, but not on equal level.

Stop this whitewashing shit. You are clearly forcing it.

Tenma de Pegasus
03-08-2019, 11:00 AM
Stop this whitewashing shit. You are clearly forcing it.

No, Im not. The Euro input of South Brazil is more pan european than Pampas region.

Tenma de Pegasus
03-08-2019, 11:03 AM
It is your views. Maranhão is a garbage state like any Northeastern one. Your issues are not my issues.

I want the best to me and sustain all this poors alone is clearly not. You angry with it or not.

Catarinense1998
03-08-2019, 11:06 AM
I want the best to me and sustain all this poors is clearly not. You angry with it or not.

Just wait my people wake up about those topics. I'll have the honor to dont need call you my compatriot.

Tenma de Pegasus
03-08-2019, 11:08 AM
Just wait my people wake up about those topics. I'll have the honor to dont need call you my compatriot.

We are waiting since 1845, but ok lets wait...

CostaRicaBall
03-08-2019, 02:27 PM

https://youtu.be/Sl-wu_4P970

So patriotism in Brasil is a kind of Roman Empire?

Tenma de Pegasus
03-09-2019, 12:09 AM
So patriotism in Brasil is a kind of Roman Empire?

How Roman Empire?

CostaRicaBall
03-09-2019, 12:11 AM
How Roman Empire?

Different ethnic-racial groups in their different places, but in the same territorial body at same time.

Tenma de Pegasus
03-09-2019, 12:28 AM
Different ethnic-racial groups in their different places, but in the same territorial body at same time.

I dont know how patriotism was in Roman Empire or if they had it, but its possible.

DraviXi99
02-18-2023, 04:54 AM
https://youtu.be/RQBEyfR6c9U

Todo esse potencial e essa branquitude,desperdiçados...é uma pena mesmo.

Etelfrido
08-20-2023, 04:46 PM

True https://i.imgur.com/T6ThBZC.png

Todo esse potencial e essa branquitude,desperdiçados...é uma pena mesmo.
O sistema brasileiro foi feito para dar errado. Triste pensar o que algumas regiões poderiam ter se tornado sem ele.

Padanian
08-20-2023, 06:41 PM
It was basically Europe in the South Hemisphere.

It still is. They look whiter than countries such as France, England or Germany as a group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSK1PMZEFh8

https://cunhatai.sc.gov.br/uploads/sites/17/2022/09/3390191.jpeg

Padanian
08-20-2023, 06:48 PM
The whitest city of Brazil is Montauri, in Rio Grande do Sul. It is the only Brazilian city (among 5570) where 100% of the population declared themselves as white.
The city has its origins from a group of Italian immigrants who settled in the region in 1904.

https://jornalfatoregional.com.br/public/storage/noticias/November2022/0LCaDWtA0iURtzA4mLuM.jpg

https://ww4.al.rs.gov.br/sites/default/files/styles/wide/public/201739_G.jpg

Mafrense
08-20-2023, 10:31 PM
It still is. They look whiter than countries such as France, England or Germany as a group.

Small towns aren't representative, lol.

Etelfrido
08-20-2023, 11:06 PM

They're much more than a few big cities.

Padanian
08-21-2023, 05:47 AM

Then, the whole southern Brazil region is not representative either, since they represent less than 15% of total Brazil's population.

Mafrense
08-21-2023, 02:53 PM
Then, the whole southern Brazil region is not representative either, since they represent less than 15% of total Brazil's population.

But nobody is using them to claim Brazil is whiter as a group than Argentina.

Padanian
08-21-2023, 08:47 PM
But nobody is using them to claim Brazil is whiter as a group than Argentina.

I didn't claim southern-Brazilians as a whole are whiter than Argentinians as a group. I claimed they are whiter than England, France and Germany as a group.

DraviXi99
10-26-2023, 02:56 AM
I didn't claim southern-Brazilians as a whole are whiter than Argentinians as a group. I claimed they are whiter than England, France and Germany as a group.

Like how.

100eyes
10-29-2023, 03:12 PM
Most Argentinians I saw in Brazilian border looked Mexican and in Buenos Aires 1/4 looked white skinned Patagonid, 1/4 mestizo, remainder white and castizo.