PDA

View Full Version : I'm appearantly 100% "East European", but most relatives are either Celtic or Germanic

pablo-ali
03-02-2019, 06:13 PM
As far as I know, East Europeans are basically Slavic, Turkish, and other Suomi/Magyar. And neither of them is a simple mix of Celtic and Germanic ancestries.
There are also some Polish, Ukrainian and Lithuanian matches, but that's mostly further levels of relativity. The "closest" relatives are mostly from Germany, Ireland, Scottland, England, Sweden and Norway. Sounds Celtic, doesn't it?

The question is, how is it possible that I have such obvious Slavic origins, but sparse matches with same origins?

TheMaestro
03-02-2019, 06:23 PM
As far as I know, East Europeans are basically Slavic, Turkish, and other Suomi/Magyar. And neither of them is a simple mix of Celtic and Germanic ancestries.
There are also some Polish, Ukrainian and Lithuanian matches, but that's mostly further levels of relativity. The "closest" relatives are mostly from Germany, Ireland, Scottland, England, Sweden and Norway. Sounds Celtic, doesn't it?

The question is, how is it possible that I have such obvious Slavic origins, but sparse matches with same origins?

East Europeans are basically Slavic, Turkish, and other Suomi/Magyar - Turkish is a mutt nationality like USA/ Suomi Magyar - Are actually conected mostly only by language and not heritage, Hungarians are actually mostly Slavo/Germano/Balkan mix.

You have many Polish people that have Germanic ancestry and vice versa.

You should update your 23andMe results and post your Mtdna and Ydna, where you get this celtic thingy?

pablo-ali
03-02-2019, 06:30 PM
You should update your 23andMe results and post your Mtdna and Ydna, where you get this celtic thingy?

how do I do that?

TheMaestro
03-02-2019, 06:32 PM
how do I do that?

Have you done DNA test?

pablo-ali
03-02-2019, 06:34 PM
Have you done DNA test?

yes

Leto
03-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Polish 66% Hunter Gatherer, 34% Farmer, 0% metal age invader
If you're Polish, you can't be 0 (zero) percent Metal Age Invader.

TheMaestro
03-02-2019, 06:50 PM
yes

Then ? Show results, you could also try classifying.

pablo-ali
03-02-2019, 07:06 PM
If you're Polish, you can't be 0 (zero) percent Metal Age Invader.

well, then I'm not Polish. What could I be, then?

Then ? Show results, you could also try classifying.

well, no, do I have to take another test for 23andme, with all that spitting etc? And one more for ancestry?

TheMaestro
03-02-2019, 07:11 PM
well, then I'm not Polish. What could I be, then?

well, no, do I have to take another test for 23andme, with all that spitting etc? And one more for ancestry?

Idk if you one coke or smth, I just asked you if you've done the test and you said yes, so then where are the results?

pablo-ali
03-02-2019, 07:13 PM
Idk if you one coke or smth, I just asked you if you've done the test and you said yes, so then where are the results?

well, I didn't, my mistake.

nittionia
03-02-2019, 07:14 PM
Welcome. Where did you find out your matches?

pablo-ali
03-02-2019, 07:19 PM
Welcome. Where did you find out your matches?

on tinder.....

I mean I guess I posted in the wrong category. My family has long history of Celtic tradition, and lives in Celtic enclave of Poland (Poland is a multicultural country like America, it has even a North Korean enclave). And thus, we keep our histories and records since early 1300s.

Carpatz
03-02-2019, 07:21 PM
Most people get the bulk of their matches from Americans of mainly Celto-Germanic ancestry, as they're the primary pool of testers.