PDA

View Full Version : What should I do to gain weight?

Roy
03-04-2019, 04:59 PM
IMHO I am too skinny for a while, my BMI is low and I feel like gaining few pounds would make me feel and look better. I think I eat an adequate amount of food, my calory intake is just alright. I sometimes go above my calculated needs but for a long time I am below 70 kilograms while being 188 centimetres tall. Many people when they stop going to the gym gain weight but in my case it was the opposite. I am not going to the gym due to certain ailments (unrelated ones).

I've already done my own anti-parasitic therapy some time ago. :rolleyes:

Should I engage myself in this "activity"? :D I feel like my body barely stores up any fat and I believe it has to be genetical as my close relatives are also this way.

https://i2-prod.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/article4289904.ece/ALTERNATES/s615/I140919_142834_1398049oTextTRMRMMGLPICT00001300253 3o.jpg

Off-topic because I consider Regulars Section to be too exclusive :coffee: I believe it will get a wider response this way too.

Morena
03-04-2019, 05:10 PM
Carbs. Basically breads and things, with meat. But if you are an ectomorph (Edit), there is only so much you can gain. I suggest that you count your blessings. ^_^

El_Abominacion
03-04-2019, 05:11 PM
I think a lot of the weight you lost after stopping going to the gym would've been muscle (muscle also weighs more than fat). Eating lots of junk food every single day is a surefire way to put on weight fast, though obviously not very healthy lol. What is your current calorie intake?

Ford
03-04-2019, 05:14 PM
Drink milk, or cream if you're feeling more hardcore. Athough the most sensible thing to recommend is to simply eat more regular food.

Papastratosels26
03-04-2019, 05:15 PM
Consume more protein and start weights.

Roy
03-04-2019, 06:36 PM
I think a lot of the weight you lost after stopping going to the gym would've been muscle (muscle also weighs more than fat). Eating lots of junk food every single day is a surefire way to put on weight fast, though obviously not very healthy lol. What is your current calorie intake?

Around 2500 kcal.

Roy
03-04-2019, 06:37 PM
Consume more protein and start weights.

I want to but in the future. Right now I shouldn't do weights. :)

Ford
03-04-2019, 06:43 PM
Around 2500 kcal.

That's pretty little, especially at your height. You should aim at something like 3000-3200 in my opinion, maybe even higher if you have a high metabolism. I'm 185cm, 90kg and eat like 3200 calories just to maintain weight.

oh-nahhh
03-04-2019, 06:49 PM
Eat pie. But not tater pie.

Teutone
03-04-2019, 06:55 PM
Liquid carbs

El_Abominacion
03-04-2019, 07:04 PM
That's pretty little, especially at your height. You should aim at something like 3000-3200 in my opinion, maybe even higher if you have a high metabolism. I'm 185cm, 90kg and eat like 3200 calories just to maintain weight.

I agree. Upping it by quite a bit should get you into a surplus

oh-nahhh
03-04-2019, 07:06 PM
I used to be skinny but then all of a sudden I got chubby, I just don't understand the fuss about it.

Matxe92
03-04-2019, 07:09 PM
There are no what's and if's about it.
Caloric surplus is the answer.

Kivan
03-04-2019, 07:44 PM
I have a similar problem. My weight 79 kilos, but my body still looks thin, don't matter my diet. I'm thinking i go to a nutritionist and start with gym.

happycow
03-04-2019, 07:56 PM
I love being skinny.

Mr.G
03-04-2019, 07:58 PM
Eat a surplus of calories, the healthier the source the better i.e. lean proteins, etc. Lift weights as soon as you are well enough to. Follow a sensible, progressive program emphasizing good technique.

ixulescu
03-04-2019, 08:08 PM
As long as you're healthy you shouldn't try to gain weight. That can fuck up your metabolism for good.

Ülev
03-04-2019, 08:14 PM

Cumansky
03-04-2019, 08:26 PM
You have to drink kefir everyday or even Balkan yogurt if your skinny and boost immune

For breakfast 3 eggs buy kasza gryczana cheap mix some vegetable too

Throughout the day eat dry kielbasa or kabanosy

Stop sweets, limit carbs don't listen to westerner they don't know shit

rajputprincess
03-05-2019, 04:16 AM
Eat lot of food

Something like that for gaining weight https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190305/e6e781ab0ae5adca281bc284ef4d66c7.jpg

Sent from my ZUK Z2132 using Tapatalk

Borealis
03-05-2019, 04:24 AM
Eat lot of food

Something like that for gaining weight https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190305/e6e781ab0ae5adca281bc284ef4d66c7.jpg

I am so hungry now I want to eat. And Im on a diet

rajputprincess
03-05-2019, 04:28 AM
I am so hungry now I want to eat. And Im on a dietHaha i know indian food make people hungry.

Borealis
03-05-2019, 04:31 AM
Haha i know indian food make people hungry.

Any food makes me hungry, I am a fucking pig I wish I could eat as much as I want to.

Aldaris
03-05-2019, 04:32 AM
You surely wouldn’t look and feel better. If you insist though, just eat a lot (preferably the food high in calories) and minimize your engagement in physical activities. Hardly any surprise here. :)

Roy
03-08-2019, 09:47 AM
You surely wouldn’t look and feel better. If you insist though, just eat a lot (preferably the food high in calories) and minimize your engagement in physical activities. Hardly any surprise here. :)

I have to add that I drink yerba mate almost every day. It is known for suppressing your sense of hunger. I sometimes have to force myself to eat dinner.

HelloGuys
03-08-2019, 09:55 AM
Do exercise and eat a lot of carbohydrates (like rice for example) you will gain weight because the muscle

Aldaris
03-08-2019, 10:22 AM
I have to add that I drink yerba mate almost every day. It is known for suppressing your sense of hunger. I sometimes have to force myself to eat dinner.

All stimulants have the hunger suppression effect, even the mild ones, as it is in your case.

Aldaris
03-08-2019, 10:24 AM
Haha i know indian food make people hungry.

Properly made Indian dishes were the best thing I've ever tasted so far.

rajputprincess
03-08-2019, 10:25 AM
Properly made Indian dishes were the best thing I've ever tasted so far.Thanks

HelloGuys
03-08-2019, 10:29 AM
Any food makes me hungry, I am a fucking pig I wish I could eat as much as I want to.

Sí señor! We are same lol

Roy
03-08-2019, 11:33 AM
All stimulants have the hunger suppression effect, even the mild ones, as it is in your case.

Coffee too? :confused: I have some doubts. But I know from experience & stories told to me that marijuana works in the opposite way. :D

Aldaris
03-08-2019, 11:41 AM
Coffee too? :confused: I have some doubts. But I know from experience & stories told to me that marijuana works in the opposite way. :D

Yeah, most certainly. After a strong coffee, I get discussed by the thought of eating, even if I was previously hungry.

Roy
03-08-2019, 12:06 PM
Yeah, most certainly. After a strong coffee, I get discussed by the thought of eating, even if I was previously hungry.

Interesting as I don't. But I am not a pundit when it comes to it.

Ylla
03-14-2019, 08:59 AM
I had this problem when i was a teen up to my early 20s.
My advice would be eat more but not fatty unhealthy foods which will impact your health. Rather eat more of what youre already having,increase your portion size.

Roy
03-27-2019, 09:29 PM
I had this problem when i was a teen up to my early 20s.
My advice would be eat more but not fatty unhealthy foods which will impact your health. Rather eat more of what youre already having,increase your portion size.

Ok, I will do that. I don't feel like eating when I am not hungry though :/ Maybe can anyone recommend me something to boost my appetite?

I am trying to increase calory intake by eating one bar of dark chocolate every day. It is actually pretty healthy up to this dose.

Roy
04-11-2019, 01:34 PM
My problem (?) still lingers. Yesterday I weighed myself up on the bathroom scale and apparently I am currently on my all-time lowest weight (since reaching my height). :eek: I was spooked out upon finding how little do I weigh.

Interesting as I don't. But I am not a pundit when it comes to it.

Today though I was reading an article on how drinking coffee on an empty stomach has a slimming effect regardless of your caloric intake / how you eat.

Morena
04-11-2019, 02:50 PM
My problem (?) still lingers. Yesterday I weighed myself up on the bathroom scale and apparently I am currently on my all-time lowest weight (since reaching my height). :eek: I was spooked out upon finding how little do I weigh.

Today though I was reading an article on how drinking coffee on an empty stomach has a slimming effect regardless of your caloric intake / how you eat.

Eat right and mild exercise, take vitamins and drink water. You may just be a naturally slim person.

Roy
04-11-2019, 04:47 PM
Eat right and mild exercise, take vitamins and drink water. You may just be a naturally slim person.

Well I am naturally slim for sure, neither of my parents has a tendency to easily gain pounds either. But I think I am a tad bit too skinny for a while. My BMI is barely above 19. And I feel like I look worse than in the past.

Morena
04-11-2019, 04:53 PM
Well I am naturally slim for sure, neither of my parents has a tendency to easily gain pounds either. But I think I am a tad bit too skinny for a while. My BMI is barely above 19. And I feel like I look worse than in the past.

Do you have body issues? If you want, you can PM your pic and let me give you an honest assessment. Sometimes, people see a distorted view of themselves. Remember, as long as you are healthy. If you have a BMI of 19, you should be fine. If your parents are Ectomorphs, that means that you will be to. There is a genetic component to weight gain and maintenance (although some people use that as an excuse for their bad habits, it is true).

Richmondbread
04-12-2019, 07:15 PM
Gaining weight is so easy. I gain weight just by looking at food.

Richmondbread
04-12-2019, 07:16 PM

I'm 5'11 and I eat an average of 1900 calories and I'm still fat !

Roy
04-12-2019, 07:37 PM
Gaining weight is so easy. I gain weight just by looking at food.

Different genetics and gut microbiota? Maybe, but provided that you're not lying. :confused: :rolleyes:

It has to be something in the water in the USA I guess. :D It's a common excuse. Sure you can have oedema to aggravate your obesity ... but it's not a source of your problem. But than again these morbidly obese people not only overeat & drink too much soda but they also consume way too much salt which can make you bloat by retaining water additionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJml54mewww

Morena
04-12-2019, 09:10 PM
Maybe you should try the “Move to America” diet. I’ve heard it works wonders. You’ll gain ten pounds the first month -guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mens-Sarda
04-12-2019, 09:19 PM
Eat pasta every day at lunch

or

http://m.memegen.com/x78rd2.jpg

Pansarkamrat
04-12-2019, 09:22 PM
Eat more and go to the gym.

Ice
04-12-2019, 09:23 PM
Eat 6 bananas every day. and don't poop more than one time a day. try to hold it..

chocolate,chips,ice cream,pastries can help you too.

Ayetooey
04-12-2019, 09:24 PM

No you don't. You listed your daily diet to me before and I calculated it at around 3000, not including drinks.

Roy
04-12-2019, 09:26 PM
Maybe you should try the “Move to America” diet. I’ve heard it works wonders. You’ll gain ten pounds the first month -guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My siostra cioteczna - female first cousin (I don't know how you put up with lacking of such basic terms. :coffee:) have gained 10 pounds in her 1st month in the UK. :D Apparently it's their ... "bread" that makes you swell.

Richmondbread
04-12-2019, 10:08 PM
Different genetics and gut microbiota? Maybe, but provided that you're not lying. :confused: :rolleyes:

It has to be something in the water in the USA I guess. :D It's a common excuse. Sure you can have oedema to aggravate your obesity ... but it's not a source of your problem. But than again these morbidly obese people not only overeat & drink too much soda but they also consume way too much salt which can make you bloat by retaining water additionally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJml54mewww

"Common excuse". No it's a common fact. I just put on weight heck easily more than most people. That's why I bike ride 3x a week and lift weights. Still fat, and will get fat shamed, but oh well. It' s my "fault" I guess because I don't try hard enough. Should probably be running marathons every day and eating zero calories. Water weight can happen, especially if a person eats too much salt in their diet.

Richmondbread
04-12-2019, 10:08 PM
No you don't. You listed your daily diet to me before and I calculated it at around 3000, not including drinks.

That was then. This is now.

Ayetooey
04-12-2019, 10:09 PM
That was then. This is now.

If you've dropped 1100 calories you must be losing weight. Are you sure you're calculating them correctly?

Richmondbread
04-12-2019, 10:12 PM
If you've dropped 1100 calories you must be losing weight. Are you sure you're calculating them correctly?

I've lost 14 lbs but I've been doing this for 6 months. It's just hard for me to get the weight off . And I'm tired of people saying its just because we're all "lazy" or never try.

Dick
04-12-2019, 10:13 PM
I've lost 14 lbs but I've been doing this for 6 months. It's just hard for me to get the weight off . And I'm tired of people saying its just because we're all "lazy" or never try.

Your hormones are probably out of wack

Insuperable
04-12-2019, 10:14 PM
I too can't gain weight no matter how much I eat and no matter how much I am inactive. So, I don't know what to tell you. I can gain only lean mass. Though in my case by I am not that skinny by default.

Zeus
04-12-2019, 10:15 PM
honestly when I need to gain weight I just eat a ton of cake or peanut butter - works wonders. but I hate eating food in general, so I just try to eat very calorie dense foods to get it over with as soon as possible

Richmondbread
04-12-2019, 10:16 PM
Your hormones are probably out of wack

They've been this way for 20 years and I'm starting to wonder if I was born intersex.

Richmondbread
04-12-2019, 10:17 PM
I too can't gain weight no matter how much I eat and no matter how much I am inactive. So, I don't know what to tell you. I can gain only lean mass. Though in my case by I am not that skinny by default.

And I bet people don't call you "lazy" or "glutton" even though you eat tons of food and don't exercise.

Dick
04-12-2019, 10:19 PM
They've been this way for 20 years and I'm starting to wonder if I was born intersex.

Nah it’s the shitty environment and Zeno estrogens

Roy
04-12-2019, 10:19 PM
honestly when I need to gain weight I just eat a ton of cake or peanut butter - works wonders. but I hate eating food in general, so I just try to eat very calorie dense foods to get it over with as soon as possible

I like peanuts and I occasionall also eat peanut butter (not many people in Poland actually do & like it) but I don't gain weight from that.

Richmondbread
04-12-2019, 10:30 PM
Nah it’s the shitty environment and Zeno estrogens

Now that I'm doing more cardio exercise, I am seeing a change in fat distribution. It helps increase the testosterone I lack.

Insuperable
04-12-2019, 10:50 PM
And I bet people don't call you "lazy" or "glutton" even though you eat tons of food and don't exercise.

I don't eat tons of food and I do exercise. I started exercising very early on in high school. Then I continued for one or maybe two more years while I was at the University and then I stopped. Two years after I finished my studies it hit to me become physically active again. During that several years long pause I ate everything and in big quantities, and I wasn't physically active (except walking through city). I was still somewhat defined with barely any fat. I used to get comments at campus during launch from friends like where does that food go.

Insuperable
04-12-2019, 10:57 PM

Were you physically active during high school? Were you involved with any sports etc? I ask for a reason.

jingorex
04-12-2019, 11:00 PM
IMHO I am too skinny for a while, my BMI is low and I feel like gaining few pounds would make me feel and look better. I think I eat an adequate amount of food, my calory intake is just alright. I sometimes go above my calculated needs but for a long time I am below 70 kilograms while being 188 centimetres tall. Many people when they stop going to the gym gain weight but in my case it was the opposite. I am not going to the gym due to certain ailments (unrelated ones).

I've already done my own anti-parasitic therapy some time ago. :rolleyes:

Should I engage myself in this "activity"? :D I feel like my body barely stores up any fat and I believe it has to be genetical as my close relatives are also this way.

Off-topic because I consider Regulars Section to be too exclusive :coffee: I believe it will get a wider response this way too.

avacados
ice cream
macaroni and cheese (macaroni and cheese sammiches bonus points)
peanut butter and jelly

Roy
04-12-2019, 11:09 PM
Were you physically active during high school? Were you involved with any sports etc? I ask for a reason.

Yes. I was playing badminton for a couple of years (in a club, I even have taken part in some competitions but I started too late to be really successful) + volleyball & tennis. I was also doing some weight training but I stopped two years ago as I was getting painful cramps after that. I always good at PE (like running, long jump, high jump) without putting any effort to it. If I were t 15 years old boy again i'd seriously force my ass to start training something, I think I have a natural talent for track & fields.

Insuperable
04-12-2019, 11:13 PM
Yes. I was playing badminton for a couple of years (in a club, I even have taken part in some competitions but I started too late to be really successful) + volleyball & tennis. I was also doing some weight training but I stopped two years ago as I was getting painful cramps after that.

My high school friends who were physically active very early on (rowing, handball, gym) can't gain fat except lean body mass. What person does during growth phase sticks with that person in most cases. We noticed that long time ago.

Roy
04-12-2019, 11:17 PM
My high school friends who were physically active very early on (rowing, handball, gym) can't gain fat except lean body mass. What person does during growth phase sticks with that person in most cases. We noticed that long time ago.

I have longer than average longs too. I think those things tend to go hand in hand with being lean. I am an ectomorph.

Morena
04-12-2019, 11:27 PM
My siostra cioteczna - female first cousin (I don't know how you put up with lacking of such basic terms. :coffee:) have gained 10 pounds in her 1st month in the UK. :D Apparently it's their ... "bread" that makes you swell.

So true. :lol: English is a gender neutral language, for the most part. But Spanish has a simple word for that, "prima."

Faklon
04-12-2019, 11:38 PM
Try eating whole meals, don't drink water before meals and aim in getting plenty of protein with some carbs. Don't go full on carbs because you will only raise your bodyfat and try working out now and then.

Ford
04-12-2019, 11:46 PM
Eat 6 bananas every day. and don't poop more than one time a day. try to hold it..

chocolate,chips,ice cream,pastries can help you too.

This is actually very bad advice and can damage your intestines.

Honestly, the best advice I can give to anyone trying to lose or gain weight is to simply keep track of your calories and watch the scale. If nothing happens after a week or two, just decrease (or increase if that's what someone wants) the amount of calories you eat. Also, don't eat processed food such as white bread, sugars, white rice etc if you're trying to lose weight. Try downloading an app or something that helps you keep track of the amount of calories and macronutrients you eat such as myfitnesspal.

Cumansky
04-12-2019, 11:54 PM
To lose weight healthy follow Dr. Sebi chemical affinity diet.

Harley
04-13-2019, 10:12 AM

What types of foods do you eat regularly?

XXXKanedaGUNDAM
04-13-2019, 12:36 PM

https://i.imgur.com/Ses8xEw.jpg

Saiwalo
04-13-2019, 12:39 PM
Down at least a 24-pack of beer every weekend. Preferably drink 1-3 daily too. Guaranteed to work.

Mans not hot
04-14-2019, 05:12 PM
Fuck girls as much as you can and see how you work out in the bathroom by looking at the mirror. Thank me later.

Richmondbread
04-14-2019, 05:49 PM

Mostly protein. Eggs, bacon, lean chicken. I also have potatoes . I don't use butter or sour cream. But I do have a weakness for some sweets. I have lost weight, but for the amount of calories I shouldn't be this fat.

Harley
04-14-2019, 05:57 PM
Mostly protein. Eggs, bacon, lean chicken. I also have potatoes . I don't use butter or sour cream. But I do have a weakness for some sweets. I have lost weight, but for the amount of calories I shouldn't be this fat.

It could be possible that your body is trying to build muscle mass before it drops weight, like you could have a lower BMI and more muscle mass. It just depends on how your body is structured. For me, because I’m Polynesian and 5’11”, I will never be thin looking because I have a naturally larger frame and am built differently. While Nicole Kidman and Uma Thurman are near my height, they weight in the low 100s, like 115-125lbs. My healthy weight would be considered 176lbs. There would be no way I would look healthy at 125lbs.

Have you been visiting a doctor recently? I would ask them about measuring your BMI and helping you keep track with that. Also, if you join a gym where you’re able to speak with a trainer, they’re able to help you measure this too and give you really good feedback on what does and doesn’t work for your body type, in regards to losing weight.