PDA

View Full Version : Confess to something odd about yourself.

Pages : [1] 2

Roy
03-06-2019, 10:49 PM
It can be some strange habit of yours, your phobia, some curiosity, some strange hobby or even a personality trait or a situation in which you were personally entangled in. Or even your illness (can be former) but should be odd, foul or creepy.

I'll start from:

I hate everything that is slick especially if it's an animal. I shudder at the thought of touching / grabbing fish with my bare hands. Yuck. Right now when I am writing it I get shivers and I cringe. I also tend to avoid bathing / swimming in muddy ponds as I am afraid that some random fish will brush me unexpectedly :D They are so nasty, but I like eating them (but I go out of my way to avoid their skin unless they're herrings). That having said I don't cook them (I would have to touch them raw first) even with gloves it would seem gross.

Borealis
03-06-2019, 10:50 PM
Too many to list, but I will say I am scared as fuck of birds.

Dna8
03-06-2019, 10:51 PM
I've trespassed onto a golf course at night to harvest magic mushrooms.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
I like to talk to myself while showering.

Dick
I pick my nose when I drive

de Burgh II
I don't like anything sharp in close approximation with my eye region.

Teutone
03-06-2019, 10:52 PM
I got arachnophobia

Dick
03-06-2019, 10:53 PM
I got arachnophobia

Beats having gonorrhea. It's not pleasant. trust me.

Dna8
03-06-2019, 10:53 PM
I've been to the mental hospital 6,7 times.

lonewolfcypriot
03-06-2019, 10:57 PM
I've been to the mental hospital 6,7 times.

really?

Dna8
03-06-2019, 10:59 PM
really?

Yep, but it's no big deal.

lonewolfcypriot
03-06-2019, 11:00 PM
Yep, but it's no big deal.

sorry to hear that bro

Dorian
03-06-2019, 11:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQkpes3dgzg

Dna8
03-06-2019, 11:01 PM
sorry to hear that bro

It wasn't that bad at all, man (lots of interesting people).

Crimson Winds
I can't tie my shoe's laces.

Dna8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQkpes3dgzg

ahahahahah

♥ Lily ♥
03-06-2019, 11:02 PM
The walls in my home are all painted black and red with gothic furniture.

I'm addicted to serial killer documentaries. I also listen to crime and murder documentaries from YT when I'm in the shower, when I'm getting dressed, when I'm ironing, when I'm cleaning, etc. I've listened to hundreds of serial killer documentaries and crime documentaries over the last few years.... even watch some multiple times.

I find there's a lot of people on YT who are addicted to these real-life mystery/suspense/horror documentaries ... because truth is stranger than fiction.

I also love vampires and wolves.

Dorian
03-06-2019, 11:02 PM
ahahahahah

:p asfhjakjgkshjgkaghs

Ayetooey
03-06-2019, 11:03 PM
I used to dunk my toast in coffee in the morning.

Roy
03-06-2019, 11:05 PM
I'm addicted to serial killer documentaries. I also listen to crime and murder documentaries from YT when I'm in the shower, when I'm getting dressed, when I'm ironing, when I'm cleaning, etc. I've listened to hundreds of serial killer documentaries and crime documentaries over the last few years.... even watch some multiple times.

I find there's a lot of people on YT who are addicted to these documentaries though.

I like watching documentaries about plane crashes. :) I find killer documentaries intriguing enough too to watch from time to time.

Roy
03-06-2019, 11:05 PM
double post

Dorian
03-06-2019, 11:06 PM

I find there's a lot of people on YT who are addicted to these real-life mystery/suspense/horror documentaries though... because truth is stranger than fiction.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/13d7351af1c41540cc72c393d75aa3cb/tumblr_o4hi2rqf711von4e0o1_400.gif

Ford
03-06-2019, 11:09 PM
I once accidentally knee'd myself in the face when playing football (I still don't know how).

Kivan
03-06-2019, 11:10 PM
1. I used to talk with walls and doors when i was alone. It happened frequently in the middle-school times.
2. I have morbid fear of heights.

lonewolfcypriot
I once accidentally knee'd myself in the face when playing football (I still don't know how).

same

Dna8
I can't tie my shoe's laces.

Took me until I was sixteen, mate.

happycow
I'm not very happy.

Dna8
03-06-2019, 11:11 PM
The walls in my home are all painted black and red with gothic furniture.

I find there's a lot of people on YT who are addicted to these real-life mystery/suspense/horror documentaries ... because truth is stranger than fiction.

I also love vampires and wolves.

My mom loves true crime docos.

Re vampires: Are you an Anne Rice fan?

Crimson Winds
03-06-2019, 11:12 PM
Took me until I was sixteen, mate.

I'll be 20 next month :(

♥ Lily ♥
03-06-2019, 11:14 PM
My mom loves true crime docos.

Re vampires: Are you an Anne Rice fan?

She's one of my favourite authors. :)

Dna8
03-06-2019, 11:14 PM
I'll be 20 next month :(

Nothing to be embarrassed about man.. I thought physical anthropology was real until I was 13

Dna8
03-06-2019, 11:16 PM
She's one of my favourite authors. :)

I came across Interview With A Vampire when I was about 13, 14 (and it had a big influence on my developing psyche).

Mingle
03-06-2019, 11:18 PM
I often have a strong urge to open the door while the car is moving (regardless of if I'm driving or not). I'm not suicidal or anything, its just some weird urge that I've had since I was a kid.

Crimson Winds
03-06-2019, 11:19 PM
Nothing to be embarrassed about man.. I thought physical anthropology was real until I was 13

That's probably one of the indicators that I have Developmental coordination disorder, that makes me sad since it reduces the quality in my life. Who cares stupid shoes :D

Dna8
03-06-2019, 11:20 PM
My go to fantasy as I'm drifting off to sleep is imagining myself being homeless.

Dna8
03-06-2019, 11:20 PM
That's probably one of the indicators that I have Developmental coordination disorder, that makes me sad since it reduces the quality in my life. Who cares stupid shoes :D

Sorry to hear that, mate.

Morena
03-06-2019, 11:21 PM
I came across Interview With A Vampire when I was about 13, 14 (and it had a big influence on my developing psyche).

That explains everything. XD

I hate touching people I don't know. I even hate touching people I do know. I hate the Spanish habit of kissing and hugging for hello. This is how I feel in Miami:
https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2F25.media.tumblr.com%2Ftumblr_m39ab sSl0q1r115hxo3_250.gif&f=1

I hate Disney, despite using their animations for gifs all the time. It's probably because they make high quality, and very expressive, animation which shows a great deal of emotion. But, I hate Disney messages, so I haven't raised my children on Disney movies.

Lafaur
03-06-2019, 11:23 PM
I like eating out of styrofoam containers

Dna8
03-06-2019, 11:25 PM
Biggest contributors to my psychic outcome:

Poetry (esp. Rimbaud/Verlaine)
Dogs
Marijuana
Humor

Dna8
03-06-2019, 11:27 PM
I once prayed to God that he facilitate my becoming romantically involved with a particular young woman.

God did right by me (I got the girl).

I ended up ruining the relationship.

Dorian
03-06-2019, 11:31 PM
I often have a strong urge to open the door while the car is moving (regardless of if I'm driving or not). I'm not suicidal or anything, its just some weird urge that I've had since I was a kid.

Look up "intrusive thoughts ocd"

Dna8
03-06-2019, 11:32 PM
Look up "intrusive thoughts ocd"

Pure OCD, IMO, is the most excruciating sort.

Cumansky
03-06-2019, 11:32 PM
I don't drink at all, I smoke that Central Asian Kush everyday

Dna8
03-06-2019, 11:33 PM
I don't drink at all, I smoke that Central Asian Kush everyday

I'm assuming weed is plentiful in Serbia?

Cumansky
03-06-2019, 11:36 PM
I'm assuming weed is plentiful in Serbia?

For non Orthodox Serbs should be easy to get ;)

Dna8
03-06-2019, 11:37 PM
I've stayed awake in excess of 48 hours in the hope of inducing hypomania.

Dna8
03-06-2019, 11:37 PM
For non Orthodox Serbs should be easy to get ;)

NZ weed is overrated.

Ayetooey
03-06-2019, 11:38 PM
I've stayed awake in excess of 48 hours in the hope of inducing hypomania.

That's crazy; I stayed up for 40 something hours once when I was a teenager as a game I liked came out; I slept for a whole day afterwards.

Dna8
03-06-2019, 11:40 PM
That's crazy; I stayed up for 40 something hours once when I was a teenager as a game I liked came out; I slept for a whole day afterwards.

What game?

I agree, it was crazy (and I did it in South Korea of all places). I experienced about five minutes of extreme euphoria, but that was it.

Ayetooey
03-06-2019, 11:41 PM
What game?

I agree, it was crazy (and I did it in South Korea of all places). I experienced about five minutes of extreme euphoria, but that was it.

New Warcraft expansion (Cataclysm). :laugh:

Dorian
03-06-2019, 11:43 PM
Pure OCD, IMO, is the most excruciating sort.

Couldn't remember what pure ocd means ,had to look it..so you meant the mental "ticks".
I don't know about serious sufferers,do you have experience?
I had a ritual years ago but nothing serious,it stopped after a while but I have a mental one with the volume of tv or pc , I want it to be on an even number :p

Cumansky
03-06-2019, 11:43 PM
NZ weed is overrated.

I have 2 options here delivery Kush dispensory legal or my preference Carribean Kush

Joso
03-06-2019, 11:44 PM
I forgot the number of my candidate for president in the last year( 2018) lol and this was the first time i voted for president

Dna8
03-06-2019, 11:50 PM
Couldn't remember what pure ocd means ,had to look it..so you meant the mental "ticks".
I had a ritual years ago but nothing serious,it stopped after a while but I have a mental one with the volume of tv or pc , I want it to be on an even number :p

Everyone partakes of OCD to one degree or another, IMO.

My conceptualization (simplistic version):

Classic OCD: observable
Pure OCD: unobservable

I have 2 options here delivery Kush dispensory legal or my preference Carribean Kush

Lucky son of a Cuman..

Cumansky
03-06-2019, 11:51 PM
I was awake 80 hours sitting on bus across country 3 days, I pushed my endurance to the limit that time. I was 20 years old

Mingle
03-06-2019, 11:57 PM

I'm the same in regards to that volume thing. I still have that "even obsession", but it's not as bad as it was when I was younger. I remember I once accidentally touched a hot frying. So I touched the pan again to get number of times I touched it to an even number, I did it again xD It was hot and hurt a bit, but not hot enough to seriously burn my finger luckily. I also used to look at the ground when walking and pay close attention to not stepping on the cracks. But if I did step on a crack by accident, I'd do it again to get it to an even number and then go back to avoiding them lol. There are some other things there as well, but those are off the top of my head.

Seya
03-07-2019, 12:03 AM
I’m obsessed with germs

Dna8
03-07-2019, 12:08 AM

Pure OCD can often mimic Psychosis (indeed, it is not uncommon for a psych to misperceive Pure OCD as Psychosis)

Here's an instance of terrain from the Pure OCD landscape, from my own personal experience:

I was laying in bed, when I reached out with my hand to grab a mug of tea from off of the bed's night stand. Both doors to my little unit were locked, and all windows were closed. I was alone in the little unit.

I spent the next hour or so worrying that, in the action of moving my hand to get the mug, I had somehow hurt someone.

Even though I was clearly alone within a small unit (all windows closed, all doors locked) I couldn't convince myself that in the action of grabbing my mug of tea, I had not hurt someone.

One more personal example:

I was wanting to unplug my tv's electrical cord from the wall. An action which should have taken three seconds, took me five mins, because I was worried that, somehow, as I reach down to unplug the tv's cord, my hand - regardless of the wall between my unit and my neighbour's - would hurt my neighbor.

Similar phenomenon: someone with OCD might turn on and off the same light switch thirty, forty times, because his or her brain cannot process that fact of their finger flicking said switch off.

There is a disconnect between the action having been done, and the the cognitive "registering" of said action having indeed been done.

^One aspect of OCD in general.

Livin
03-07-2019, 12:09 AM
I shit like a frog.

Gründig
03-07-2019, 12:10 AM
My legs are long.

Dorian
03-07-2019, 12:16 AM
I'm the same in regards to that volume thing. I still have that "even obsession", but it's not as bad as it was when I was younger. I remember I once accidentally touched a hot frying. So I touched the pan again to get number of times I touched it to an even number, I did it again xD It was hot and hurt a bit, but not hot enough to seriously burn my finger luckily. I also used to look at the ground when walking and pay close attention to not stepping on the cracks. But if I did step on a crack by accident, I'd do it again to get it to an even number and then go back to avoiding them lol. There are some other things there as well, but those are off the top of my head.

Lol done the hot frying thing and the stepping outside of cracks too,I guess these are not uncommon..I remember a Greek meme page uploaded something similar(walking without your feet touching the lines of squares on the floor or something and the tags were hundreds).

Dorian
03-07-2019, 12:21 AM
There is a disconnect between the action having been done, and the the cognitive "registering" of said action having indeed been done.

^One aspect of OCD in general.

These are some crazy experiences,I can kind of imagine it being similar to a bad weed trip ,I get the thinking process although I know at the time it's wrong.
My guess is that is has to do something with the unconscious?subconscious? being less filtered.

Mr.G
03-07-2019, 12:26 AM
When I was very young I believed God looked like - and essentially was - George Burns from the 'Oh God!' films. And like the young man in the movie, I could hear God (George Burns) talking to me. Literally I would have conversations in my head with him. This went on for several years at least. One day I told my Sunday school teacher about my conversations. She explained to me that we (people) cannot actually hear God. From that point forward, the voice disappeared and I have never heard another voice again.

Dna8
03-07-2019, 12:30 AM
These are some crazy experiences,I can kind of imagine it being similar to a bad weed trip ,I get the thinking process although I know at the time it's wrong.
My guess is that is has to do something with the unconscious?subconscious? being less filtered.

In some respects, it is a matter of (problematic) conclusiveness.

How does one know where one's right hand is?

Normative: It is a matter of the utmost straightforwardness.
OCD: It is a question that is problematic, and fraught with complexities.

Dna8
03-07-2019, 12:31 AM
When I was very young I believed God looked like - and essentially was - George Burns from the 'Oh God!' films. And like the young man in the movie, I could hear God (George Burns) talking to me. Literally I would have conversations in my head with him. This went on for several years at least. One day I told my Sunday school teacher about my conversations. She explained to me that we (people) cannot actually hear God. From that point forward, the voice disappeared and I have never heard another voice again.

Interesting, mate.

Joso
03-07-2019, 12:35 AM

yeah, interesting

Mingle
03-07-2019, 12:36 AM
Lol done the hot frying thing and the stepping outside of cracks too,I guess these are not uncommon..I remember a Greek meme page uploaded something similar(walking without your feet touching the lines of squares on the floor or something and the tags were hundreds).

I've heard of the avoiding cracks part from others before, but I thought I was the only one weird enough to touch the hot frying pan twice lol. Guess its not as rare as I thought.

Anyways, I just looked up some case studies of OCD and I don't think we fit the criteria of having true OCD: https://www.columbiapsychiatry.org/research-clinics/center-obsessive-compulsive-treatment-and-related-disorders/case-examples

Ayetooey
03-07-2019, 12:38 AM
I have a fear of escalators.

Dna8
03-07-2019, 12:38 AM
On my third or fourth day in South Korea, I spent a few morning hours wandering around the mid sized city I was located in (wearing nothing but my boxers).

I was dissociated (and felt like a balloon that had broken free of its fetters, just floating along). It was very peaceful.

That morning, when the tempest in my mind got too great, I (the balloon) simply broke free and floated away.

I was lucky I wasn't arrested (there weren't many foreigners in the city (and here was I, a foreigner, walking around in my boxers))

It was a simple matter of a certain psychic threshold having been breached (with the result being dissociation)

JohnSmith
03-07-2019, 12:39 AM
I have severe depression. I suppose this is not really odd.

The Lawspeaker
03-07-2019, 12:41 AM
As a teenager, I used to draw portraits and write stories. By the time I was 17/18 this all disappeared from one day to the next.

Profileid
03-07-2019, 12:44 AM
I don't know how to tie my shoes

JohnSmith
03-07-2019, 12:47 AM
I am red/green color blind. I see nothing in the circle.

https://colormax.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/colorblind-test-image5.jpg

Dna8
03-07-2019, 12:49 AM
On my third or fourth day in South Korea, I spent a few morning hours wandering around the mid sized city I was located in (wearing nothing but my boxers).

I was dissociated (and felt like a balloon that had broken free of its fetters, just floating along). It was very peaceful.

That morning, when the tempest in my mind got too great, I (the balloon) simply broke free and floated away.

I was lucky I wasn't arrested (there weren't many foreigners in the city (and here was I, a foreigner, walking around in my boxers))

It was a simple matter of a certain psychic threshold having been breached (with the result being dissociation)

^ Stressor--> stress-->increasing stress--> certain threshold breached-->dissociation

I "came to" in some or other part of the unfamiliar (to me) city, and eventually a kindly Korean man (having been asked by his kindly wife to do so) gave me a ride back to my apartment.

Dna8
03-07-2019, 12:50 AM

Decline to answer if you prefer to do so: what Meds have you tried?

Lafaur
03-07-2019, 12:50 AM

Stay off the benzos

Lafaur
03-07-2019, 12:52 AM
I periodically shoplift tarragon chicken salad wraps from Trader Joe's

Lafaur
03-07-2019, 12:52 AM
I beat my meat severely like my penis is my rival

JohnSmith
03-07-2019, 12:53 AM
I periodically shoplift tarragon chicken salad wraps from Trader Joe's

I used to steal radio controlled cars from toys stores.

Mr.G
03-07-2019, 12:54 AM
In some respects, it is a matter of (problematic) conclusiveness.

How does one know where one's right hand is?

Normative: It is a matter of the utmost straightforwardness.
OCD: It is a question that is problematic, and fraught with complexities.

Thank you for sharing your experiences, and for educating us in regard to OCD.
I switch my alarm clock on and off about 10x every night. The feeling I experience is kinda like I am momentarily not present for the action of moving the switch, and am not sure if I actually did it or not. So I try and concentrate and I do it again. Like I said it takes me a number of times to be sure I've actually "done" it.

JohnSmith
Decline to answer if you prefer to do so: what Meds have you tried?

I am not on anything.

Dna8
Thank you for sharing your experiences, and for educating us in regard to OCD.
I switch my alarm clock on and off about 10x every night. The feeling I experience is kinda like I am momentarily not present for the action of moving the switch, and am not sure if I actually did it or not. So I try and concentrate and I do it again. Like I said it takes me a number of times to be sure I've actually "done" it.

Nice example, mate.

Lafaur
03-07-2019, 12:55 AM
I used to steal radio controlled cars from toys stores.

Gang shit

Dna8
03-07-2019, 12:55 AM
But of the two primary genres of dissociation, I have only experienced depersonalization.

Dna8
03-07-2019, 12:57 AM
I am not on anything.

Psychiatric medication is a tricky matter, IMO.

According to my knowledge:

Amenability to medication, in descending order:

Mania
Depression, Psychosis
OCD

Dna8
03-07-2019, 12:59 AM
Psychiatric medication is a tricky matter, IMO.

According to my knowledge:

Amenability to medication, in descending order:

Mania
Depression, Psychosis
OCD

Re: four common genres of mental illness

GreentheViper
03-07-2019, 12:59 AM
I talk to myself often
I have a severe fear of spiders, I can barely stomach looking at a picture of one
I can't swim

JohnSmith
03-07-2019, 01:03 AM
I talk to myself often
I have a severe fear of spiders, I can barely stomach looking at a picture of one
I can't swim

Are you an ape? Apes cannot swim and drown in deep water.

GreentheViper
03-07-2019, 01:04 AM

Damn, you caught me.

Ayetooey
03-07-2019, 01:11 AM

http://www.geodomehome.org/images/die-besten-25-lachende-tiere-ideen-auf-pinterest-tier__aHR0cHM6Ly9pLnBpbmltZy5jb20vNzM2eC9iYy8yMC83 Ny9iYzIwNzc2ZGRmMjg5ZGY5ZGE4ZjZjNDQ0YTJjNjhjYy0tbG F1Z2hpbmctYW5pbWFscy1kb250LXdvcnJ5LmpwZw==.jpg

frankhammer
03-07-2019, 01:18 AM
I'm a feral creature forced to live behind the thin veneer of civility.

Daco Celtic
03-07-2019, 01:32 AM
I'm attracted to bright, shiny objects. I haven't cried since the early 1990s.

JohnSmith
03-07-2019, 01:38 AM
As a father this scene makes me cry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-QZ801OkCM

Borealis
03-07-2019, 01:42 AM
I'm a feral creature forced to live behind the thin veneer of civility.

That's all of us brother.

Dna8
03-07-2019, 01:48 AM
I have had a few sessions of sleeping under the stars (urban camping, as I like to call it).

I had a few sleeping spots, but I favored the Auckland Domain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auckland_Domain

frankhammer
03-07-2019, 01:54 AM
I have had a few sessions of sleeping under the stars (urban camping, as I like to call it).

I had a few sleeping spots, but I favored the Auckland Domain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Auckland_Domain

I spent two weeks living under a hedge in West London after arriving back from the continent with 1 pound on me. I got a job the same day (in a supposed recession) and two pay packets later, back into the bar scene.
Actually, I was back into the bar scene after the first pay packet. The weather was good, the hedge spot comfortable and I'm quite happy living under the stars.

Dna8
03-07-2019, 02:04 AM
I spent two weeks living under a hedge in West London after arriving back from the continent with 1 pound on me. I got a job the same day (in a supposed recession) and two pay packets later, back into the bar scene.
Actually, I was back into the bar scene after the first pay packet. The weather was good, the hedge spot comfortable and I'm quite happy living under the stars.

It is a worthwhile experience, IMO.

This is my urban camping bag:

https://i.imgur.com/YFKQjvD.jpg

My go to store for supplies/clothing etc:

https://www.armyandoutdoors.co.nz/

My favorite winter urban camping attire (I gave it away to a homeless colleague recently):

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71zSbqjq7ML._SY679_.jpg

Colonel Frank Grimes
03-07-2019, 03:29 AM
I'm afraid of the post office. There must have been something that happened at the post office when I was younger that I can't recall because the thought alone of the post office alone causes me a lot of anxiety.

The Lawspeaker
03-07-2019, 03:38 AM
It is a worthwhile experience, IMO.

This is my urban camping bag:

My go to store for supplies/clothing etc:

https://www.armyandoutdoors.co.nz/

My favorite winter urban camping attire (I gave it away to a homeless colleague recently):

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71zSbqjq7ML._SY679_.jpg

I would commit murder for that coat !

Westbrook
03-07-2019, 03:39 AM
I've never had coffee and I hate alcohol in every form

Dna8
03-07-2019, 03:39 AM
I would commit murder for that coat !

I must say, it was fanfuckingtastic.

Best piece of clothing I've ever owned.

Borealis
03-07-2019, 03:40 AM

Alcohol sucks for me too.

Dna8
03-07-2019, 03:40 AM
Outback oilskin leather, my friend.

The Lawspeaker
03-07-2019, 03:41 AM
Outback oilskin leather, my friend.

And you gave it away. What a damn shame, man !

Dna8
03-07-2019, 03:45 AM
And you gave it away. What a damn shame, man !

Oh well.. the guy needed it more than I did..

Westbrook
03-07-2019, 03:45 AM
I can't stand the taste and my natural tolerance is so high that it takes too much to get drunk
Alcohol sucks for me too.

Not a Cop
03-07-2019, 09:38 AM
It can be some strange habit of yours, your phobia, some curiosity, some strange hobby or even a personality trait or a situation in which you were personally entangled in. Or even your illness (can be former) but should be odd, foul or creepy.

I'll start from:

I hate everything that is slick especially if it's an animal. I shudder at the thought of touching / grabbing fish with my bare hands. Yuck. Right now when I am writing it I get shivers and I cringe. I also tend to avoid bathing / swimming in muddy ponds as I am afraid that some random fish will brush me unexpectedly :D They are so nasty, but I like eating them (but I go out of my way to avoid their skin unless they're herrings).

I physically can't eat slicky food, anything that has a smooth enough texture not to hold on my tongue activates vomiting reflex.

♥ Lily ♥
03-07-2019, 09:54 AM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/13d7351af1c41540cc72c393d75aa3cb/tumblr_o4hi2rqf711von4e0o1_400.gif
https://66.media.tumblr.com/522d0244f2ef3d513464ab92f5557c8c/tumblr_nl2assaZkY1upl1lpo1_500.gif

Richard Ramirez (a.k.a 'The Night Stalker') after receiving the death penalty in court: 'Big deal, death always went with the territory... see you in Disneyland.'
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MarvelousLeadingGoldenretriever-size_restricted.gif

Richard Kuklinski (a.k.a. 'The Iceman') at 0:21 and 2:57

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eX9tIUMb8c&frags=pl%2Cwn

El_Abominacion
03-07-2019, 10:12 AM
I regularly browse liveleak and bestgore, because I somewhat enjoy the videos, no matter how 'gruesome' and have done so since I was 16. One could say i'm mildly sadistic.

♥ Lily ♥
03-07-2019, 11:00 AM
I regularly browse liveleak and bestgore, because I somewhat enjoy the videos, no matter how 'gruesome' and have done so since I was 16. One could say i'm mildly sadistic.

I think people have a curiosity with death and pain, and with facing our worst fears and nightmares. The thought of someone like Richard Ramirez (the 'Night Stalker') breaking into your home at night to cut out your eyes and stab you to death... trying to imagine what that pain felt like for all his terrified victims... and trying to learn about the warning signs and red flags in people to prevent it from happening again, rather than turning a blind eye to sick crimes. I don't think 'accidents' exist in terms of people being killed in car crashes, falls, electrocution, etc - only negligence and carelessness. I think that's why humans often flock to look at and photograph car crash scenes, etc;- it's that curiosity with death and the unknown and with facing their fears.

https://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-expose-yourself-to-your-deepest-fear-after-that-fear-has-no-power-and-the-fear-of-freedom-jim-morrison-20-66-48.jpg
https://quotesaga-img.s3.amazonaws.com/quote/QS_ddbae0882c02424eaa6cc43ccf75034a.jpg

Borealis
03-07-2019, 11:38 AM

I used to be like that as well, it all looks so distant and removed from you and your own life that it’s possible not to be affected by it. But there did come a time for me when I started to realize that these kinds of depraved people are everywhere, much closer than I realized. At that point it becomes too disturbing.

Seya
03-07-2019, 12:05 PM
i forgot this one..when i was a child me and my best friend were drawing (with chalk on asphalt) cemeteries and dead people in coffins every day

Dorian
03-07-2019, 12:17 PM
Reminded me of my own cemetery experience,there's this dusted room where they keep skulls&bones of the dead.
We went there with a friend late night in the village's cemetery and explored them ,no matter how much you try to make them talk,they won't :p .Weird/mystical shit..

Hulu
03-07-2019, 01:14 PM
[

Richard Ramirez (a.k.a 'The Night Stalker') after receiving the death penalty in court: 'Big deal, death always went with the territory... see you in Disneyland.'
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/MarvelousLeadingGoldenretriever-size_restricted.gif

He looks like Jim Morrison

MissMischief
03-07-2019, 01:57 PM
I have to check under my bed before I go to sleep. I usually check about twice before I can actually sleep. I know there is nothing under there but I still have to keep checking and checking.

Seya
03-07-2019, 02:15 PM
Reminded me of my own cemetery experience,there's this dusted room where they keep skulls&bones of the dead.
We went there with a friend late night in the village's cemetery and explored them ,no matter how much you try to make them talk,they won't :p .Weird/mystical shit..

how old were u? )) i was like 5-6 years old :D

Crimean
03-07-2019, 02:15 PM
When I was in school and university, I always set the alarm for 7 am Saturday, which was actually a day off. This is an indescribable pleasure, when you wake up, you realize that you do not need to get up and go somewhere, and fall asleep again.

Papastratosels26
03-07-2019, 02:18 PM
I'm obsessed with the astronomy.

Dorian
03-07-2019, 03:02 PM
how old were u? )) i was like 5-6 years old :D

Then you were normal ,I was around 17 I think..now that's weird :p

Seya
03-07-2019, 03:28 PM
Then you were normal ,I was around 17 I think..now that's weird :p

:D i finish an artistic high-school and in our sculpture workshops we had human skulls laying everywhere. we used to play volleyball with them until the teeth were falling off. I remember the teacher always yelling at us that we have no respect for the dead :lol:

Dorian
03-07-2019, 04:00 PM
:D i finish an artistic high-school and in our sculpture workshops we had human skulls laying everywhere. we used to play volleyball with them until the teeth were falling off. I remember the teacher always yelling at us that we have no respect for the dead :lol:

fasfasfasfas
https://media1.tenor.com/images/9e5f50a96e22ec21335e9e844f9aecd8/tenor.gif?itemid=4653534

♥ Lily ♥
03-07-2019, 04:01 PM
He looks like Jim Morrison

Ha, ha, I'm going to show this post to BarcelonaAtlantis, because a long while ago I showed him pics of the serial killer Richard Ramirez, (who told his victims to swear to Satan after raping them... or else he'd kill them,) and I told him that I think he looks similar to Jim Morrison in some pictures.

We got into a debate because he insisted to me that they don't look alike, but I think they do a bit in some of the pictures.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1023458249041833984/e-CX3WUY_400x400.jpg
Richard Ramirez had a lot of female admirers who fell under the spell of his extremely handsome looks. Lots of females arrived to sit in the courtroom during his trial after he became famous for being the Night Stalker in LA. He's shown on camera during his court trial frequently turning to smile and wave at his new female fans.

Females even physically fought with each other outside his prison to visit him... and one of his female lovers married him while he was in jail.

Richard Ramirez was very handsome like Jim Morrison.

https://i0.wp.com/rockandrollroadmap.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Jim-Morrison-Mural.jpg?resize=960%2C720

Jim had blue eyes and Richard had brown eyes, but their hair looks similar.

Jim wrote and made a silent movie where he played a hitchhiking murderer who comes down from the mountains to kill people.

Jim was arrested after he said he went for a ride in the desert with two friends (both guys.) Jim told them to stop the car when he saw an attractive female. He ran out the car to grab and kiss the female, then ran back into the car. The guys got annoyed and an argument broke-out, so one of them left the car.

When Jim returned and people asked where the other guy was... Jim told people that he'd killed him and buried him in the desert.

Word got back to his university friend's father (a court judge) who ordered for Jim to be arrested and questioned. He then confessed that he made it up for a prank.

7:11 'The killer awoke before dawn... he put his boots on and he took a face from the ancient gallery... and he... he walked on down the hallway, baby.
And he came to a door... and he looked inside...
Father... 'Yes son?'
I want to kill you.
Mother... I want to.... f*ck you mama all night long... gonna love you baby all night, yeah!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FMGYycBAMU&frags=pl%2Cwn

Richard in court turning to smile and wave to his crowd of lovesick female fans...he looked like a rock star.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TenseLeafyAmberpenshell-size_restricted.gif
https://data.whicdn.com/images/298483277/original.gif

Jim looks very much like my English boyfriend in the gif below, same curly shoulder-length dark hair (my bf is naturally blond but dyes it black,) same dark leather clothing and concho belts, similar facial expressions, same blue eyes, same lips, same high cheekbones, similar face shape (from the side view - not so much from the front angle as my boyfriend has very widely-side and large eyes,) same soft voices, similar spiritualist beliefs... and both have a love for Shaman Indians, books on demonology, and rock music. He also likes Jim's music and poetry a lot.
https://media.giphy.com/media/QUPuL8mm3m56U/giphy.gif
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/86/25/2f/86252f87bd2145919b519589cf8da966--morrison-hotel-jim-morrison.jpg

Jacques de Imbelloni
03-07-2019, 04:02 PM
i forgot this one..when i was a child me and my best friend were drawing (with chalk on asphalt) cemeteries and dead people in coffins every day

http://1.images.southparkstudios.com/blogs/southparkstudios.com/files/2015/03/0714-gothstan.jpg?quality=0.8

Kazimiera
03-07-2019, 05:04 PM
I have synaesthesia. It's an extra sense through which I experience reality every day.

I have multiple sclerosis. It's a daily struggle.

I collect dead people's false teeth.

Morena
03-07-2019, 06:00 PM
I have synaesthesia. It's an extra sense through which I experience reality every day.

I have multiple sclerosis. It's a daily struggle.

I collect dead people's false teeth.

My husband has that too. He tastes certain sounds. "That sounds like spaghetti" or "I like that word, it reminds me of ketchup" etc.

I'm sorry.

OK...that is strange. XD

Kazimiera
03-07-2019, 06:30 PM
My husband has that too. He tastes certain sounds. "That sounds like spaghetti" or "I like that word, it reminds me of ketchup" etc.

I'm sorry.

OK...that is strange. XD

No! No! It's not strange at all! I identify totally. The word-->taste synaesthesia is quite rare. I have colours ---> numbers, letters, days of the week, months of the year.

He might enjoy this video. Your name obviously tasted right. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENLcrbby-70

Morena
03-07-2019, 06:44 PM
No! No! It's not strange at all! I identify totally. The word-->taste synaesthesia is quite rare. I have colours ---> numbers, letters, days of the week, months of the year.

I was talking about the false teeth collecting being strange. XD I didn't know that my husband's synaesthesia was rare. It's just not something he brings up alot. I don't remember what he said my name tasted like because I have a horrible memory. I remember it being something good. XD

Kazimiera
03-07-2019, 06:46 PM
I was talking about the false teeth collecting being strange. XD I didn't know that my husband's synaesthesia was rare. It's just not something he brings up alot. I don't remember what he said my name tasted like because I have a horrible memory. I remember it being something good. XD

Oh.... I thought you meant the synaesthesia being strange and not the teeth. :lol:

Ülev
03-07-2019, 07:09 PM
after reading all that, gosh, what am I doing here? :picard2:

Borealis
03-07-2019, 07:52 PM
I can’t remember 99% of what I hear

lonewolfcypriot
03-07-2019, 07:55 PM
one night I pissed in a pepsi can. next day, I saw the can and noticed it was half full. I don't need to explain the rest.

Kazimiera
03-07-2019, 08:06 PM
I hate kissing. I don't kiss. I don't mind giving or receiving a peck, but I don't do the whole tongue action thing.

Mikula
03-07-2019, 08:44 PM
after reading all that, gosh, what am I doing here? :picard2:

I thought that to be odd, at least a bit, is a condition to be member of this forum. Or not?
;)

Roy
03-07-2019, 08:57 PM

You've never drunk a coffee in your life? :eek: How come?

Not a Cop
03-07-2019, 09:16 PM

Interesting that you reminded me of it, i had it when i was a kid, but not now i think.

Kazimiera
03-07-2019, 09:26 PM
Interesting that you reminded me of it, i had it when i was a kid, but not now i think.

They say that all kids have it, combined senses, but as they grow older those connections are broken. And in some people that connection remains. Studies have shown that it is genetic, a dominant trait, and runs strongly in families.

Not a Cop
03-07-2019, 09:29 PM
They say that all kids have it, combined senses, but as they grow older those connections are broken. And in some people that connection remains. Studies have shown that it is genetic, a dominant trait, and runs strongly in families.

Well it makes sense than, i remember bubble gym being brown.

Westbrook
03-07-2019, 10:59 PM
The smell repulses me
You've never drunk a coffee in your life? :eek: How come?

Westbrook
03-07-2019, 11:04 PM
Doesn't everyone do this in their head?
I have colours ---> numbers, letters, days of the week, months of the year.

[video=youtube;ENLcrbby-70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENLcrbby-70[video]

Kazimiera
03-07-2019, 11:06 PM
Doesn't everyone do this in their head?

Nope. I thought everyone did it too until I realised the vast majority of people don't. And if you do, then welcome to a small percentage of people who actually have this gift. :)

Kazimiera
03-07-2019, 11:20 PM
I like touching insects. I like feeling their bodies. The chitin is cool and smooth under your fingers. Grasshoppers and the nicest to touch. And large beetles. But I like big grasshoppers the most because the chitin is different and harder on the legs and wings, and softer on the abdomen. I like holding beetles. And mole crickets. There hard and velvety and spiky too.

Dna8
03-07-2019, 11:23 PM
One of the most Synaesthesiasts in history:

http://festival-lagacilly-baden.photo/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/ARTHUR-RIMBAUD-c-Musee-Arthur-Rimbaud.jpg

♥ Lily ♥
03-07-2019, 11:46 PM
I ate a scorpion and some ants once after reading in magaziines that Angelina Jolie and other celebs ate insects. They said they're full of protein. (Birds eat insects too.) Insects are eaten in some far-east nations too.

I was inside Fortnum & Mason, (a luxurious and historic English department store in London that's frequently visited by the Royal Family.) They had 'edible ants' and 'edible scorpions' inside... and I felt like trying something new. They were advertised as being healthy.

I bought and ate a small packet of cripsy edible ants that were coated like crisps... they were expensive, but ok.

The large black edible scorpion had been specially farmed and treated and it was placed inside a large transparent lollipop.

I licked on the lollipop for several hours before reaching the large scorpion inside... and nervously licked and licked at it, and gently started nibbling at the scorpion inside... it was very prickly and had no flavour. I didn't like it... I tentatively nibbled over half of the scorpion and then threw the lollipop away. It took me over a day to eat it, as I'd put the lollipop down, then returned to lick and nibble away at it a bit more later.

I also bought a little bottle of alcohol (even though I rarely drink alcohol,) with a small dead scorpion at the bottom of the glass bottle from the same luxurious store. The bottle stated that scorpions inside alcohol contain detoxifying properties. I'd take a few tiny sips of it whenever I had a headache.

I also bred a mealworm farm for 18 months (to feed to the birds.) I bred thousands of beetles and mealworms to save me on the expense of buying live mealworms. The birds were extremely happy with them... and some little Great Tit birds even took and ate the live mealworms from my hands. I had to stop breeding them though as it was time-consuming. Some people make profits out of breeding them to sell as bird food or as food for people with pet reptiles.

♥ Lily ♥
03-07-2019, 11:53 PM

0:31 :lmao :rofl_002:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ4V1AfQWuk

Borealis
03-08-2019, 12:20 AM
I love the smell of gasoline.

Dna8
03-08-2019, 12:21 AM
I never used sources for essays.

Kazimiera
03-08-2019, 01:04 AM
I chew my nails.

I'm obsessed with skin care products and I never wear make-up.

I enjoy reading and I like learning about new things because it expands my world.

My cats are my children,

I'm a slob. :(

Dna8
03-08-2019, 01:05 AM
I'm a Wilbur Smith fan.

Morena
03-08-2019, 02:07 AM
I chew my nails.

I'm obsessed with skin care products and I never wear make-up.

I enjoy reading and I like learning about new things because it expands my world.

My cats are my children,

I'm a slob. :(

:puppy_dp: Sister. Where have you been all my life? :cry

Dna8
03-08-2019, 02:08 AM
I go to AA meetings, but I'm not an alcoholic.

jingorex
03-08-2019, 02:28 AM
okay...if you ever watched porn that was created between 2006 and 2009, you might have seen my penis making friends with different vebeenas.

Dna8
03-08-2019, 02:33 AM
I'm banned from all Auckland McDonalds branches.

Nazarene
03-08-2019, 02:43 AM
I'm banned from all Auckland McDonalds branches.

Lucky you, they're all shite anyways lmao

Borealis
03-08-2019, 02:47 AM
Lucky you, they're all shite anyways lmao

Eating mcfood has got to be hell, the only thing from there I would even consider touching from there are cookies and fries. Anything meat related is off the table, these companies use disgusting factory farm mutant animals and then slather the meat in ungodly amounts of fat and grease.

Westbrook
03-08-2019, 02:52 AM
I like the smell of diesel exhaust because it reminds me of riding the school bus as a kid
I love the smell of gasoline.

Dna8
03-08-2019, 02:53 AM
I'm not an ambiturner. I cannot turn to the right.

Westbrook
03-08-2019, 02:59 AM
My friend and I were catching grasshoppers one day when I was like 5 years old and we decided to put them in a jar, so I got a screwdriver to poke holes in the lid for them to breathe and ended up stabbing myself through the hand between my thumb and index finger. I still have a noticeable scar and crease in the skin where the wound was.
I like touching insects. I like feeling their bodies. The chitin is cool and smooth under your fingers. Grasshoppers and the nicest to touch. And large beetles. But I like big grasshoppers the most because the chitin is different and harder on the legs and wings, and softer on the abdomen. I like holding beetles. And mole crickets. There hard and velvety and spiky too.

Kazimiera
03-08-2019, 04:16 AM
My friend and I were catching grasshoppers one day when I was like 5 years old and we decided to put them in a jar, so I got a screwdriver to poke holes in the lid for them to breathe and ended up stabbing myself through the hand between my thumb and index finger. I still have a noticeable scar and crease in the skin where the wound was.

That's one of the WORST places to injure yourself! You must have been very enthusiastic when you made those holes.

PrincesaMeridaYucata
03-08-2019, 04:21 AM
Cuando era nińa robaba dulces de una tienda cercana, la dueńa nunca se dio cuenta, pero mi mama me castigo muy feo por eso, lo comento en espańol porque se que muchos no entenderan :P

Westbrook
03-08-2019, 04:28 AM
Must have. My mother didn't take me to the hospital for treatment either, it's a miracle I didn't get tetanus.

My hands have taken a ton of abuse already in my short life, both covered in marks and scars.
That's one of the WORST places to injure yourself! You must have been very enthusiastic when you made those holes.

Kazimiera
03-08-2019, 04:32 AM
Make those marks and scars your medals.

Westbrook
03-08-2019, 05:03 AM
Medals are for accomplishments. Most of my scars are from doing something stupid or careless.
Make those marks and scars your medals.

Kazimiera
03-08-2019, 05:06 AM
Medals are for accomplishments. Most of my scars are from doing something stupid or careless.

Then they can remind you to stay on the straight and narrow.

Westbrook
03-08-2019, 05:09 AM
No chance of that happening
Then they can remind you to stay on the straight and narrow.

Kazimiera
03-08-2019, 05:12 AM
No chance of that happening

:lol:

More scars incoming! :lol:

Kamal900
03-08-2019, 05:14 AM
I'm..somewhat of a furry guy. No, I don't dress in weird animal costumes or going to these weird furry conventions or anything like that(I'm not into Zoophilia either). I just have a strong fascination to anthro-animals.

Westbrook
03-08-2019, 06:01 AM
Es liegt in unserer natur uns selbst zu zerstören.
:lol:

More scars incoming! :lol:

ModernMaskil
03-08-2019, 06:08 AM
Well, one thing while not odd is certainly different from others here - I'm probably the youngest person on this forum. 16.

Otherwise... I am quite literally deformed. My chest caves in, its called pectus excavatum. My body just kind of decided "nah fuck you" and didn't want to do its job.

Dna8
03-08-2019, 06:59 AM
Well, one thing while not odd is certainly different from others here - I'm probably the youngest person on this forum. 16.

Otherwise... I am quite literally deformed. My chest caves in, its called pectus excavatum. My body just kind of decided "nah fuck you" and didn't want to do its job.

You conduct yourself very well for a sixteen year old

ModernMaskil
03-08-2019, 07:02 AM
You conduct yourself very well for a sixteen year old

I've gotten that a few times... I try. :p

Dna8
03-08-2019, 07:31 AM

Is the pectus excavatum serious beyond the aesthetic impact?

ModernMaskil
03-08-2019, 07:44 AM
Is the pectus excavatum serious beyond the aesthetic impact?

No, not unless it is severe in which case it can cause breathing and heart problems. I don't believe mine is particularly severe, I haven't noticed any adverse affects.

I suppose the army will tell me once I'm drafted in a few years.

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 07:48 AM
No, not unless it is severe in which case it can cause breathing and heart problems. I don't believe mine is particularly severe, I haven't noticed any adverse affects.

I am not sure about the Israeli army but in this country, I think they would probably give you a deferment on medical grounds. I am not in the army myself but they would probably tell you that they simply can't risk it with as you could become a heart patient. Not because they like you so much but because (and I am being cynical here) you're a legal liability.

Dna8
03-08-2019, 07:49 AM

God willing, it won't cause you any serious problems.

Wait, so you live in Israel?

For some reason I thought you were in the UK

ModernMaskil
03-08-2019, 07:50 AM
I am not sure about the Israeli army but I think with such a condition, they would probably give you a deferment on medical grounds.

For combat perhaps, but I would still have to serve 3 years at some desk. I'm doubtful though, I don't think it's a big deal.

ModernMaskil
03-08-2019, 07:51 AM
God willing, it won't cause you any serious problems.

Wait, so you live in Israel?

For some reason I thought you were in the UK

Thanks. Yup, I'm in Israel. Born and raised. Perhaps I've mentioned my father is English before, that may have confused you.

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 07:52 AM
For combat perhaps, but I would still have to serve 3 years at some desk. I'm doubtful though, I don't think it's a big deal.

Maybe they would let you do the desk job but they would probably tell you "no way, mate. you're going home !"

Dna8
03-08-2019, 07:52 AM
Thanks. Yup, I'm in Israel. Born and raised. Perhaps I've mentioned my father is English before, that may have confused you.

Ah, cool man.

I'd love to live in Israel.

If I had any Jewish ancestry I would apply for Aliyah in a heart beat.

ModernMaskil
03-08-2019, 07:55 AM
Ah, cool man.

I'd love to live in Israel.

If I had any Jewish ancestry I would apply for Aliyah in a heart beat.

There are actually quite a few ethnic Serbs here, no idea why though. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Serbian_expatriates_in_Israel

Not many Kiwis unfortunately. Ironically I would like to live in New Zealand.

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 07:56 AM
Man.. that makes my life rather easy: if I want to have my form Aliyah, all I need to do is to apply for housing down South, pack my shit and hop on the next train back across the river.

Dna8
03-08-2019, 07:56 AM
There are actually quite a few ethnic Serbs here, no idea why though. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Serbian_expatriates_in_Israel

Not many Kiwis unfortunately. Ironically I would like to live in New Zealand.

I love your women.

ModernMaskil
03-08-2019, 07:58 AM
Maybe they would let you do the desk job but they would probably tell you "no way, mate. you're going home !"

Generally, it is based off the "medical profile" as they call it. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_profile

I'm not sure, but I'll let you know in 3 years if I'm still on here :D

ModernMaskil
03-08-2019, 07:58 AM
I love your women.

As do I, my friend... as do I.

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 08:00 AM
Generally, it is based off the "medical profile" as they call it. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_profile

I'm not sure, but I'll let you know in 3 years if I'm still on here :D

Let's see what happens. Do they still use that ugly greenish khaki up there or are they finally joining the rest of the civilised world in wearing camo ?

ModernMaskil
03-08-2019, 08:05 AM
Let's see what happens. Do they still use that ugly greenish khaki up there or are they finally joining the rest of the civilised world in wearing camo ?

They changed it half a year ago, it looks so much cooler. https://www.reddit.com/r/Israel/comments/8tg8gr/idf_confirms_new_bet_uniform_details_in_comments/

Interesting fact: Khaki means Poop in Hebrew. We use the word "Olive" instead.

Dna8
03-08-2019, 08:07 AM
They changed it half a year ago, it looks so much cooler. https://www.reddit.com/r/Israel/comments/8tg8gr/idf_confirms_new_bet_uniform_details_in_comments/

kaki/kakis/kakim.. = take a shit, in Serbian

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 08:11 AM
It's funny but I don't even know what kind of testing and grading system they use for the medical examination in our armed forces. I only know the historical system which was used when the country still had compulsory military service and it was known as ABOHZIS - each letter standing for the part that was being checked: Algemeen/Algemene Conditie (general condition), Bovenste ledematen (upper limbs), Onderste ledematen (lower limbs), Horen (hearing), Zien or Zicht (eyesight), Intelligentie (Intelligence), Stabiliteit (mental stability). Appearantly each one was tested and graded and a number was added - with 1 being the top mark and if only one of those checks came back with a 5. You were done and you would be sent home. They actually used to grade all homosexuals as S5 which meant an immediate rejection (which was done until the 1970s) so for people who weren't conscientious objectors (mostly left-wing youngsters) it became a bit of a sport to act as mentally unstable as possible in order to get an S5 but the doctors were smarter than that so they usually didn't buy it. For what I have heard and read: those usually got an extra beasting.

The problem though, for those people who ended up with an S5, was that it severely hampered their future career as who would want to hire someone who was either completely unmotivated or mentally unfit ?

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 08:14 AM

Olive. I forgot that's a colour in English. The new uniform looks a bit better. The old one was just... well... drab.

IrisSelene
03-08-2019, 08:56 AM
I have been diagnosed with OCD, ADD, depression, anxiety and psychosis. All of this caused me to not be able to finish school, because I can't concentrate enough to study or listen to the teachers or even read because I keep reading the same word 9172627 times bc of the OCD and I can never finish reading. So I kept failing classes and it hurts because i've always wanted to be a psychologist.

Psychosis isn't a mental illness on its own, but they aren't sure yet if I have schizophrenia (my grandfather had it) or if it's caused by my depression and anxiety bc I'm living a stressful life because I cannot study or find a job.

Also, I have a terrible fear of dying and not because of foing to hell but because I don't want to stop existing.

I also fear getting old and the pass of time so I try to look as young as possible, and I search that in partners too. I have a huge dislike towards old age.

I cry everytime I see babies on tv or real life bc I have this urge to have babies but it's not the time yet bc I don't even have my own house so I wouldn't be able to take care of them... It makes me sad and I fear not being able to have kids ever.

I hate religions mostly bc of their restricting laws, especially islam, i think they're an attack on human rights. And I dislike close minded people as they seem cold hearted, unempathic, agressive and mean to me. And how they try to dictate how everyone should be or do.

Dna8
03-08-2019, 08:58 AM
I have been diagnosed with OCD, ADD, depression, anxiety and psychosis. All of this caused me to not be able to finish school, because I can't concentrate enough to study or listen to the teachers or even read because I keep reading the same word 9172627 times bc of the OCD and I can never finish reading. So I kept failing classes and it hurts because i've always wanted to be a psychologist.

Psychosis isn't a mental illness on its own, but they aren't sure yet if I have schizophrenia (my grandfather had it) or if it's caused by my depression and anxiety bc I'm living a stressful life because I cannot study or find a job.

Also, I have a terrible fear of dying and not because of foing to hell but because I don't want to stop existing.

I also fear getting old and the pass of time so I try to look as young as possible, and I search that in partners too. I have a huge dislike towards old age.

I cry everytime I see babies on tv or real life bc I have this urge to have babies but it's not the time yet bc I don't even have my own house so I wouldn't be able to take care of them... It makes me sad and I fear not being able to have kids ever.

Stay strong, and keep fighting.

^Easy for me to say, but still..

IrisSelene
03-08-2019, 09:00 AM
Stay strong, and keep fighting.

^Easy for me to say, but still..

Thank you, I try

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 09:02 AM

I hate religions mostly bc of their restricting laws, especially islam, i think they're an attack on human rights. And I dislike close minded people as they seem cold hearted, unempathic, agressive and mean to me. And how they try to dictate how everyone should be or do.

I wish you strength and courage. The good thing of forums like these is that, even though we may not agree with each other on a lot of things and we may even outright despise each other, is that we're still a community so you will not be alone here on this forum if you need to vent.

ModernMaskil
03-08-2019, 09:08 AM

Don't worry, I'm pretty certain every non-religious person on planet earth has that. Probably some religious people as well.
Unless someone has a hell of a lot of life experience and maturity, and they have learned to embrace death - this is possibly the most common fear on the planet. I certainly hope to reach that level of inner peace someday, that I won't give a fuck about the end of my existence (or rather the end of all things in existence, at least from my perspective). It's kind of a big deal. There is a lot of philosophical questioning and soul searching to be done in this realm.

Yet, we all die. And soon. So I recommend living for the meantime.

Dna8
03-08-2019, 09:10 AM
In my prepubescence I would become very upset sometimes at night, at thoughts of my own mortality.

today, at 31 years of age, I find comfort in the knowledge that I won't live forever.

Difference = life experiences between the two above mentioned reference points.

ModernMaskil
03-08-2019, 09:17 AM
In my prepubescence I would become very upset sometimes at night, at thoughts of my own mortality.

today, at 31 years of age, I find comfort in the knowledge that I won't live forever.

Difference = life experiences between the two above mentioned reference points.

I think it truly depends on what exactly your experiences have been. For example my mother who is 56 is still very afraid of death, I can sense it whenever we brush that topic in conversation, or on her birthdays. I on the other hand, am not as scared of death itself but rather dying before I can have as many experiences as possible (which makes sense considering how young I am). I realised that a while ago, since then I've been doing more in my life than ever before.

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 09:19 AM
I think it truly depends on what exactly your experiences have been. For example my mother who is 56 is still very afraid of death, I can sense it whenever we brush that topic in conversation, or on her birthdays. I on the other hand, am not as scared of death itself but rather dying before I can have as many experiences as possible (which makes sense considering how young I am). I realised that a while ago, since then I've been doing more in my life than ever before.

I find myself agreeing with this. Death itself is not what I am afraid of (there is an afterlife), but the way in which you die... If it needs to be so that I have to die, then let it be quick and painless.

Dna8
03-08-2019, 09:20 AM

I'm always fascinated by the thought that my heart has not stopped beating since it took its first beat while I was still in the womb (it beats still, even as I type this).

Crimean
03-08-2019, 09:30 AM
I find myself agreeing with this. Death itself is not what I am afraid of (there is an afterlife), but the way in which you die... If it needs to be so that I have to die, then let it be quick and painless.
But if you decide to make your death easy and fast, then the afterlife may be a little different from what you imagined. There are no easy ways anywhere:D.

Brás Garcia de Mascarenhas
03-08-2019, 09:31 AM
I can not think of oddities about myself, especially after reading this thread. I guess I am pretty normal. No extra fingers, no rare diseases or disorders, no unexplainable paranormal experiences, I don't glow in the dark...

I've been smoking a pipe since I was in my twenties. That's the only unconventional\eccentric thing I can think of.

Dna8
03-08-2019, 09:33 AM
I went through a phase when I was intensely interested in Astral Projection. I read much of the literature and experimented with different techniques etc for inducing OBEs most nights.

ModernMaskil
03-08-2019, 09:37 AM
I went through a phase when I was intensely interested in Astral Projection. I read much of the literature and experimented with different techniques etc for inducing OBEs most nights.

No success story for us?

Dna8
03-08-2019, 09:41 AM
No success story for us?

Just in case anyone is wondering.. I was not joking..

I believe the OBE to be an instance of Subjectivity (as opposed to Objective phenomenon).. but on two occasions, I had success.

Inducing the "vibrations" (see Astral Projection lit.) was easy, and I mastered that aspect very quickly.. but actually leaving one's body was very difficult.

What I found most challenging: the sleep paralysis preceding the Vibrations; the feeling that someone else was in the room (once sleep paralyzed, and during the vibrations); the fear that I would not be able to return to my body.

But the literature, as I mentioned, is interesting to read.

Dna8
03-08-2019, 09:46 AM
Re: OBE's

A good starting point, as concerns the Literature:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Monroe

Dna8
03-08-2019, 09:49 AM
Around the same time as my Astral P/OBE fascination took root, I also became very interested in Lucid Dreaming.

Lucid dreaming is a very interesting phenomenon, and extremely easy to experience.

Simply put: when one becomes aware that one is dreaming, one is experiencing a lucid dream.

Fun fact (related to males mostly): When one becomes lucid, it is very difficult to do anything other than something sexual. Example: many times, my objective was to fly when I became lucid, but 9 times out of ten, I would simply end up doing something sexual.

Great modern day Champion of Lucid Dreaming:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_LaBerge

IrisSelene
03-08-2019, 10:03 AM
I wish you strength and courage. The good thing of forums like these is that, even though we may not agree with each other on a lot of things and we may even outright despise each other, is that we're still a community so you will not be alone here on this forum if you need to vent.

Yeah, I know. On things we disagree we can always agree to disagree. People are free to have different opinions and beliefs after all. And thank you.

IrisSelene
03-08-2019, 10:06 AM
Don't worry, I'm pretty certain every non-religious person on planet earth has that. Probably some religious people as well.
Unless someone has a hell of a lot of life experience and maturity, and they have learned to embrace death - this is possibly the most common fear on the planet. I certainly hope to reach that level of inner peace someday, that I won't give a fuck about the end of my existence (or rather the end of all things in existence, at least from my perspective). It's kind of a big deal. There is a lot of philosophical questioning and soul searching to be done in this realm.

Yet, we all die. And soon. So I recommend living for the meantime.

I'm secretly waiting for science to discover a way to make us immortal or to at least last a longer time and stop the aging process as soon as possible. I know it will happen some day, I just don't think it will be soon enough for me to see it lol but I have hope.

And I die... I wanna die after doing something really big or important and good/helpful for humanity and the world. Only then I would be able to go away in peace.

Catarinense1998
03-08-2019, 10:07 AM
I do have chat with my dog. I do hate olives. When I was child, I used to spend a lot of time on my room hunting mosquitoes.

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 10:35 AM
Yeah, I know. On things we disagree we can always agree to disagree. People are free to have different opinions and beliefs after all. And thank you.

You're welcome. :)

coolfrenchguy
03-08-2019, 10:36 AM
i have fear if my economical situation don't take a serious real reboot soon than i spend the next 10/20/30 years alone and i'am really tired of this,understand than i have an deep inner sorrow,not really depressed at the medical level but i have this melancholia in me since my teen years, i really need sex and affection,i need to be healed by a woman,i'am serious,but i fucked up a lot,indeed i live a bit outcast of the human population, a bit caveman,but in another way i never been so good at writing in english,i had reread myself and seriously i'am surprised myself of what i have wrote some few weeks or months, i feel like to being cursed somewhere and that i miss a lot of chances/opportunities,but i don't know but in france we are sucked to the bones by tax vampyrs,and they don't rise up the salaries,france have ,read well, 8.5 millions of people under the level of poverty,is so shamefull while this time 850 billions of fiscal escape per year,i am stucked i can't even work, i have big debt with the taxes to solved
indeed i don't give a damn shit of my country,i will should to listen myself 30 years ago and get out from here,and ,if ,i says, if ,i can return the situation i will became really really selfish concentrate to find someone and if i can pass this cape,and have real happiness,i will win.

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 10:37 AM
Honestly: I find the immortality to be scarier than the idea that we're all going to die one day. Honestly: If it were possible to grant immortality as a punishment than it would be banned by law because it's such a cruel thing. Imaging still being around when everyone who you have known and loved are already dead and buried ? It reminds me of that final scene in "the Green Mile". Immortality is not a prize, it's not something to be desired... it's a punishment.

It would be a good curse: "May you live forever" or "May you live for a thousand years".

IrisSelene
03-08-2019, 10:39 AM
Honestly: I find the immortality to be scarier than the idea that we're all going to die one day. Honestly: If it were possible to grant immortality as a punishment than it would be banned by law because it's such a cruel thing. Imaging still being around when everyone who you have known and loved have past on ? It reminds me of that final scene in "the Green Mile". Immortality is not a prize, it's a punishment.

That movie fucked me up... And you're right... but still.. idk... dying and not seeing the future sounds just as cruel

and your existence just vanishing sounds ... depressing.

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 10:41 AM
That movie fucked me up... And you're right... but still.. idk... dying and not seeing the future sounds just as cruel

and your existence just vanishing sounds ... depressing.

I find the idea of death to be strangely comforting since I believe in an afterlife where you will be reunited with those you've held dear. That movie certainly let me sit up.

IrisSelene
03-08-2019, 10:48 AM
I find the idea of death to be strangely comforting since I believe in an afterlife where you will be reunited with those you've held dear. That movie certainly let me sit up.

That is where religion comes in. I am spiritual but not religious. I am not sure what happens after dying. My own personal belief is that we reincarnate, and that life and death is a cycle. But I've had talks with my friends who are atheist and even my brother, and they all believe death is the complete absolute end.

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 10:54 AM
That is where religion comes in. I am spiritual but not religious. I am not sure what happens after dying. My own personal belief is that we reincarnate, and that life and death is a cycle. But I've had talks with my friends who are atheist and even my brother, and they all believe death is the complete absolute end.

That's, perhaps, where religion can also be comforting in the knowledge that when friends or family members pass on after a period of real suffering, that it's not the end and that a kind God has called to them to Him. Perhaps, that's where religion can be very helpful: when you seen someone go through real illness, knowing that even the best medical science can no longer help them, that you're almost relieved when they finally fall asleep and go to a better place. Moegestreden -- exhausted after a long and bitter fight - there is the moment of grace. I cannot begin fathom how death must be to an atheist. To think that a person.. just vanishes and that there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

IrisSelene
03-08-2019, 10:57 AM
That's, perhaps, where religion can also be comforting in the knowledge that when friends or family members pass on after a period of real suffering, that it's not the end and that a kind God has called to them to Him. Perhaps, that's where religion can be very helpful: when you seen someone go through real illness, knowing that even the best medical science can no longer help them, that you're almost relieved when they finally fall asleep and go to a better place. Moegestreden -- exhausted after a long and bitter fight - there is the moment of grace. I cannot begin fathom how death must be to an atheist. To think that a person.. just vanishes and that there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

That actually comforts most atheist people, my friends told me that it makes them feel at ease knowing that everything will stop and they won't have to feel anything.

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 11:01 AM
That actually comforts most atheist people, my friends told me that it makes them feel at ease knowing that everything will stop and they won't have to feel anything.

I find that idea to be anything but comforting. A lack of justice, perhaps. The idea that your mother or a good friend, goes through a long period of suffering and then just.... croaks. And that's the end of it. Shovel it beneath the dirt and be done with it. That there is no kind and loving God to comfort her and justify her suffering. That idea is just... I can't wrap my head around it.

IrisSelene
03-08-2019, 11:05 AM
I find that idea to be anything but comforting. A lack of justice, perhaps. The idea that your mother or a good friend, goes through a long period of suffering and then just.... croaks. And that's the end of it. Shovel it beneath the dirt and be done with it. That there is no kind and loving God to comfort her and justify her suffering. That idea is just... I can't wrap my head around it.

Yeah. Me neither. But I don't like the heaven and hell thing either because I myself would supposedly go to hell for being bisexual, same for my brother and friends, which isn't comforting either. That's one of the reasons I lean more towards buddhist beliefs about the after life.

And it comforts me thinking that my familiars and loved ones that die get another chance at life.

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Yeah. Me neither. But I don't like the heaven and hell thing either because I myself would supposedly go to hell for being bisexual, same for my brother and friends, which isn't comforting either. That's one of the reasons I lean more towards buddhist beliefs about the after life.

And it comforts me thinking that my familiars and loved ones that die get another chance at life.
If that works for you, it's a comforting thought. It's not my job to convert you. I'll gladly leave that to the Big Boss Upstairs who can do a far better job at it.

IrisSelene
03-08-2019, 11:20 AM
If that works for you, it's a comforting thought. It's not my job to convert you. I'll gladly leave that to the Big Boss Upstairs who can do a far better job at it.

Yeah, I appreciate it.

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I appreciate it.

You're welcome. :)

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
03-08-2019, 11:24 AM
I clean my shoes obsessively to high shine every day and been called gay about it.

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 11:26 AM
I clean my shoes obsessively to high shine every day and been called gay about it.

Another one who is guilty of that most heinous of sins ! :thumb001:

Pandur
03-08-2019, 11:27 AM
I distance myself from anything that looks remotely blurry, it hurts my eyes. I also can't stand the meat on chicken drumsticks.

Roy
03-08-2019, 11:28 AM
Another curiosity about me:

I am extremely scatterbrained. It happened multiple times that I was looking for something for 15 minutes before discovering that I was holding this very thing in my hand or in my pocket all the time.

The EEG record possibly showed certain abnormalities in the function of my brain that can be responsible for some temporary episodes of short-term memory loss that affect me ane and may influence my issue.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
03-08-2019, 11:28 AM
Another one who is guilty of that most heinous of sins ! :thumb001:

You too, brother ? :D

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 11:29 AM
You too, brother ? :D

Well, yes, I paid 250 euro's for my shoes so I happen to be very protective of them. Keeping them clean is an unhealthy obsession, man !

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
03-08-2019, 11:32 AM
Well, yes, I paid 250 euro's for my shoes so I happen to be very protective of them. Keeping them clean is an unhealthy obsession, man !

My man.

The Lawspeaker
03-08-2019, 11:32 AM
My man.

Shoes and books are about the only thing I do not hold back on. For obvious reasons.

leonj
03-08-2019, 11:35 AM
I like to chew 3-4 chewing gums at the same time

Selurong
03-08-2019, 11:54 AM
I'm epileptic. I also skip over cracks in the floor.

Sent from my CHM-U01 using Tapatalk

Roy
03-08-2019, 02:40 PM
I'm epileptic. I also skip over cracks in the floor.

Apparently I may have some form of dormant epilepsy but it isn't certain. For sure I've never experienced any convulsions. Only ticks and minor involuntary movements but some of them could be attributed as side effects some drugs that I used to take.

Do drugs help you?

Kazimiera
03-08-2019, 03:53 PM
okay...if you ever watched porn that was created between 2006 and 2009, you might have seen my penis making friends with different vebeenas.

When I read 'vebeena' I thought it was 'verbena'.

https://greenmylife-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Verbena-Quartz-Mixed1-500x471.jpg

But then I thought you're not the kind of man who makes me think "gardening".

So, you were a porn star? :D

Selurong
03-08-2019, 04:36 PM
Apparently I may have some form of dormant epilepsy but it isn't certain. For sure I've never experienced any convulsions. Only ticks and minor involuntary movements but some of them could be attributed as side effects some drugs that I used to take.

Do drugs help you?Yes, I take Tegretol and my doctor banned me from going to nightclubs or discos since their flashing lights trigger seizures. But I'm a bad boy sometimes and I'd dance and party anyway. But after I entered the monastery I learned that pleasure seeking isn't the main goal in life and that being able to serve others in love and contentment is more meaningful than partying and getting drunk all the time. [emoji16]

Mikula
03-08-2019, 08:53 PM

I never heard about synaesthesia, before.
Nevertheless, when i googled for it meanings, I just remember that in books of Robert Holdstock (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Holdstock) (fantasy) appears examples of it - for example the characters were talking that they can fell the smelling of snow,. I think that the author had synaesthesia, too.

Kazimiera
03-08-2019, 09:59 PM
I never heard about synaesthesia, before.
Nevertheless, when i googled for it meanings, I just remember that in books of Robert Holdstock (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Holdstock) (fantasy) appears examples of it - for example the characters were talking that they can fell the smelling of snow,. I think that the author had synaesthesia, too.

Vladimir Nabokov had it. So did his wife and so did their son. It's only logical for the son to have it if both parents do. His was colour - graepheme, like mine. He also "saw" languages.

jingorex
03-08-2019, 10:44 PM
When I read 'vebeena' I thought it was 'verbena'.

https://greenmylife-wpengine.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/Verbena-Quartz-Mixed1-500x471.jpg

But then I thought you're not the kind of man who makes me think "gardening".

So, you were a porn star? :D

i LOVE gardening but i am a terrible gardener! its not because i dont try...i have big plans for this season, been working on some raised bed gardens and preparing for spring!

i can do peppers, tomatoes and beans no problem but never managed to get a cabbage, carrot or head of lettuce worth a damn...i have had success with kale but kale sucks.

last year i grew an EPIC bed of swedish char but i couldnt bring myself to harvest it because it look so pretty!

irony is that i hated porn but was apparently good at it.

Lightshade25
03-08-2019, 11:01 PM
i LOVE gardening but i am a terrible gardener! its not because i dont try...i have big plans for this season, been working on some raised bed gardens and preparing for spring!

i can do peppers, tomatoes and beans no problem but never managed to get a cabbage, carrot or head of lettuce worth a damn...i have had success with kale but kale sucks.

last year i grew an EPIC bed of swedish char but i couldnt bring myself to harvest it because it look so pretty!

Hold on, were you a professional porn actor or you just did amateur stuff or something?

Tacitus
03-08-2019, 11:44 PM
I don't like being on boats.

Kazimiera
03-09-2019, 04:39 AM

Amateur or professional?

Dna8
03-09-2019, 04:44 AM
Vladimir Nabokov

Perhaps had the most masterful grasp of English language prose.

Mikula
03-09-2019, 04:30 PM
He also "saw" languages.

Like blue for German language, red for Russian etc?

MsSPF
03-09-2019, 04:35 PM
Just thinking about visible veins make me uncomfortable... everything related to vein make me uncomfortable!

Hithaeglir
03-09-2019, 04:44 PM
1.I get very sweaty and panicky inside when i am close to edges of something really high,like a building or a rock.
2.I am terrified of cockroaches, I feel happy i haven't encountered one for about 5-6 years. I think it's not actual fear but massive disgust.
3.I can't tolerate celeri. I can literally throw away a whole meal if the rest of the ingredients have been in contact with it, as i can still sense the taste.I don't know why this happens,as i'm not allergic to it and never had a gastrointestinal reaction to it.

Mikula
03-09-2019, 05:09 PM
Anyway, I am a quiet chaotic person. Perhaps ADHD based?

Selurong
03-10-2019, 01:19 AM
Anyway, I am a quiet chaotic person. Perhaps ADHD based?

Brother, can you send me the poem you wanted me to read again? I was to busy and soon forgot about it but I'm afraid that I might have skipped a very profound and beautiful epic. Can you please send it to me again?

Ice
03-10-2019, 01:22 AM
I can beat 8 chess players simultaneously (under 2200 elo)

Kazimiera
03-10-2019, 05:59 AM
Like blue for German language, red for Russian etc?

I think Nabokov himself explains it better...

Here's an article: http://mentalfloss.com/article/49442/vladimir-nabokov-talks-synesthesia

Mikula
03-10-2019, 05:56 PM
Brother, can you send me the poem you wanted me to read again? I was to busy and soon forgot about it but I'm afraid that I might have skipped a very profound and beautiful epic. Can you please send it to me again?

What the poem was about, please?

Creoda
03-10-2019, 06:23 PM
I used to watch the film Zulu every day when I was 13.

Selurong
03-10-2019, 06:25 PM
What the poem was about, please?The national epic. About the Lake and stuff. [emoji23]