PDA

View Full Version : Classify Assyrian Catholic bishop

Zroota
03-11-2019, 03:37 AM
His name is Mar Elia and he is a Chaldean Catholic from the Nineveh Plains. That's the only photo I found of him:

https://aidchurch.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/irak-4.jpg

swiftie13
03-11-2019, 03:37 AM
He looks Syrian to me

swiftie13
03-11-2019, 03:40 AM
Anatolid + alpine ?

Zroota
03-11-2019, 06:01 AM
He looks Syrian to me
Syrians and Assyrians cluster close and may lookalike.

Kamal900
03-11-2019, 06:05 AM
Very Alpine looking bro.

Dna8
03-11-2019, 06:26 AM
Aesthetic example of relationship between West Asia and Europe.

lameduck
03-11-2019, 06:33 AM
alpine
shelati is this assyrian wedding?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVpnd8m9T7I

Thambi
03-11-2019, 06:35 AM
Alpine + anatolid + some east med.

Kamal900
03-11-2019, 06:37 AM
alpine

Yes, it is.

lameduck
03-11-2019, 06:38 AM
Yes, it is.

I saw the video and I was like very handsome people got to be from some Levantine group.

Dna8
03-11-2019, 06:38 AM
alpine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVpnd8m9T7I

Awesome video

Kamal900
03-11-2019, 06:43 AM
I saw the video and I was like very handsome people got to be from some Levantine group.

Assyrians and Levantines are genetically pretty close, yes.

FinalFlash
03-11-2019, 06:53 AM
Alpine + anatolid + some east med.

East Med is a made up type that doesnt exist. So it asiatic alpine. The man is clearly Alpinid mixed with some Taurid type.

Zroota
03-11-2019, 09:01 AM
East Med is a made up type that doesnt exist. So it asiatic alpine. The man is clearly Alpinid mixed with some Taurid type.
I've been saying this for a long time now, but people still habitually use it. I don't blame them. I guess they don't know what type of Med West Asian Meds are, so they go with "east med". To me personally 'east meds' are either Gracile-Meds or Atlanto-Meds, with some Armenoid/Taurid characteristics or influences.

From what I heard, East Med is a catch-all term for the phenotypes in Western Asia, which include Iranid, Anatolid, Armenoid, Assyroid and Arabid. Technically, these are all "East Mediterranean" phenotypes. And "Pontid" is just a European-based "east med" found in the Balkans and surrounds.

FinalFlash
03-11-2019, 09:22 AM
I've been saying this for a long time now, but people still habitually use it. I don't blame them. I guess they don't know what type of Med West Asian Meds are, so they go with "east med". To me personally 'east meds' are either Gracile-Meds or Atlanto-Meds, with some Armenoid/Taurid characteristics or influences.

From what I heard, East Med is a catch-all term for the phenotypes in Western Asia, which include Iranid, Anatolid, Armenoid, Assyroid and Arabid. Technically, these are all "East Mediterranean" phenotypes. And "Pontid" is just a European-based "east med" found in the Balkans and surrounds.

That's exactly what it is, its Gracile Med(usually a South Euro phenotype probably thanks to high EEF that also occurs in west Asia in large enough frequencies) and some Dinaricized blend. "East Med" isn't a thing. Never heard of such a phenotype anywhere outside this magical forum.

Pontid is simply a designation for Med but is generally passed out like candy to European groups as you've alluded too which is funny because there is absolutely no shortage of these types in the northernmost areas of West Asia and borderline regions like the Caucasus. Nothing uniquely European about this type.

Dna8
03-11-2019, 09:30 AM
I'm guilty of doing that.

I often proclaim East Med when I want to describe an aesthetic that, it might be reasonably said, can pass in both Southern Europe/Balkans and West Asia.

Zroota
03-11-2019, 09:35 AM
Pontid is simply a designation for Med but is generally passed out like candy to European groups as you've alluded too which is funny because there is absolutely no shortage of these types in the northernmost areas of West Asia and borderline regions like the Caucasus. Nothing uniquely European about this type.
I agree. Hell, I even see Pontid types in the Levant as well, but it seems like a 'taboo' to implement it on them. Lol.

Nazarene
03-11-2019, 09:39 AM
Yeah well we're genetically close to Levantines but both groups are closer to other ethnicities. So while there is some overlap in phenotype we don't score the same on paper.

FinalFlash
03-11-2019, 09:51 AM
I'm guilty of doing that.

I often proclaim East Med when I want to describe an aesthetic that, it might be reasonably said, can pass in both Southern Europe/Balkans and West Asia.

You should be ashamed of yourself. Your knowledge in aestheticology needs improvement.

Dna8
03-11-2019, 10:16 AM
You should be ashamed of yourself. Your knowledge in aestheticology needs improvement.

I pray, at least thirteen hours of a day, for the Aesthetic Itself to guide my fingers on their keyboard.

Taxonomy is no joke to me. I take it very seriously, and I treat it with respect.

This isn't some novelty or curiosity for me. This is of fundamental importance to my spiritual life. I didn't come across TA by happenstance or in any way willy nilly.

Something guided me here. Something that I can neither see nor touch wants me to engage with as many aesthetics as possible.

My contribution to TA taxonomy may be modest and informal, but I stand by my classifications and passifications with every breath I take.

FinalFlash
03-11-2019, 10:17 AM
I pray, at least thirteen hours of a day, for the Aesthetic Itself to guide my fingers on their keyboard.

Taxonomy is no joke to me. I take it very seriously, and I treat it with respect.

This isn't some novelty or curiosity for me. This is of fundamental importance to my spiritual life. I didn't come across TA by happenstance or in any way willy nilly.

Something guided me here. Something that I can neither see nor touch wants me to engage with as many aesthetics as possible.

My contribution to TA taxonomy may be modest and informal, but I stand by my classifications and passifications with every breath I take.

Ok, seriously, are you Boban?

Dna8
03-11-2019, 10:34 AM
https://traction.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341fae8053ef019b0147b429970b-pi

Zroota
03-11-2019, 11:09 AM
Ok, seriously, are you Boban?
Who is that? Lol

FinalFlash
03-11-2019, 11:13 AM
Who is that? Lol

I must be having vague flashbacks from another lifetime.

Dna8
03-11-2019, 11:29 AM
NarLFC and I have been playing chess (and Yu-Gi-Oh!) by correspondence, for many years.

We only just recognized each other.

FinalFlash
03-11-2019, 11:31 AM
NarLFC and I have been playing chess (and Yu-Gi-Oh!) by correspondence, for many years.

Lmao

lameduck
03-11-2019, 12:45 PM

Nord Indid is also part of East Med

Dna8
03-11-2019, 12:51 PM

And by correspondence, I mean, of course, by written letters (mailed in the post).

FinalFlash
03-11-2019, 12:52 PM

Nord indid women are attractive

lameduck
03-11-2019, 12:53 PM
Nord indid women are attractive

yeah , if mixed with alpine than even better.

Zroota
03-12-2019, 12:28 AM
Yes, and that's what makes "east med" useless.

Dna8
03-12-2019, 01:28 AM
In my personal conceptualization, Indid aesthetic variations (one of which is the Nord Indid) do not plot in the East Med range.

Corded
03-13-2019, 11:58 PM
alpine-med + reduces armeboid

Ice
03-13-2019, 11:59 PM
east med

FinalFlash
03-14-2019, 12:11 AM
east med

And you are north med :D

Zroota
03-20-2019, 06:19 AM
alpine-med + reduces armeboid
I personally don't see alpine. He is just overweight and thus appears 'round'. His forehead and the distance between his eyes appear narrow or close-knit, similar to Armenoids. His brow ridge seems prominent though. Maybe he could be CM (alpine is a reduced CM, hence his pseudo alpine look). But that's just me.