PDA

View Full Version : Which Muslim denomination more acceptable for you - Shia or Sunni? (Poll)

Arsen_
03-15-2019, 10:48 AM
So which Muslim denomination is more acceptable for you - Shia or Sunni? Vote please

Maks Luburic
03-15-2019, 11:04 AM
None of them.

Arsen_
03-15-2019, 11:09 AM
None of them.

Well but if you still have to choose? For example like a companion in some trip or a student in your study group etc?

Tigranes
03-15-2019, 11:10 AM

Arsen,I don't think this is the right time for threads like this...

Arsen_
03-15-2019, 11:19 AM
Arsen,I don't think this is the right time for threads like this...

You mean this terrible terrorist attack in New Zealand? Yes, you may be right. Let's wait for more peaceful times.

Viçwamitra
03-15-2019, 07:51 PM
To me Sunni Islam is better due to it's emphasis on treditional values but I Find Quaranist Muslims very interesting.

Quaranist Muslims are those Muslims who believe that Quran is the complete book given by Allah, they rejecte Hadits and other materials written after 200 years from death of Muhammad such as Bukhari.

The Lawspeaker
03-15-2019, 07:52 PM
Plague or cholera ? Hitler or Stalin ? Israel or Palestine ?

Bosniensis
03-15-2019, 08:04 PM
Ottoman government dismissed both Sunni and Shia as Arab/Persian squabble and regarded Emperor as the supreme guidance in faith and Grand Mufti of Constantinople was his representative to all members of Ottoman Realm.

This is called Ottoman Islam or Islam or Non-Denominational Islam.

Successors today do not have Clergy of any kind and they welcome any that they deem worthy on personal level and as such seek a salvation through prayer to God directly without mediator.

Ottoman Muslims avoid Mosques cause of belief they are full of sectarianism and circus in modern times where authority in Islam doesn't exist.

Ayetooey
03-15-2019, 08:07 PM
Quranism.

Marmara
03-15-2019, 08:10 PM
There are plenty of Muslims who consider themselves Non-denominational.

Teutone
03-15-2019, 08:10 PM
Shia

Óttar
03-15-2019, 08:17 PM
As you all know, I don't like Islam as I don't like any Abrahamic religion (some sects I find more tolerable than others), but if I had to pick, I would pick Shia Islam because its theology is amenable to a wide range of unorthodox views because it is hierarchical and ascribes supernatural powers to Shia leaders. It is their supposed affinity to the household of the prophet (Ahl-al-Bayt) which is supposedly responsible for their powers. Most Sufi schools started out as Shia. Shi'ism along with its sects (Alevis, Alawis, Bektashis, Ismailis, etc.) is tied up with mysticism and views which depart from normative Islam. Let us not forget also that Shia Islam has been influenced by iconography and devotions from the eastern Christian world as well. Look at how Ali is depicted like Christ, and devotion to Fatima Zahra is almost comparable to that of the Blessed Virgin in traditional Christianity. Shi'ism's emphasis on mortification, flagellation, blood, and martyrdom also makes it more like traditional Christianity. Legends of the sword Zulfikar in Shia folklore also betrays a link, however tenuous, with pre-Islamic Arabic polytheism.

Proud Celt
03-15-2019, 10:19 PM
Shia, but the best would be Alevi or Sufi.

Bornoz
03-15-2019, 10:29 PM
Plague or cholera ? Hitler or Stalin ? Israel or Palestine ?

Hitler or Stalin :lol:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d771c6a3f49109d2162ec7e2a68cddbf/tenor.gif?itemid=8920744

Proud Celt
03-15-2019, 10:32 PM
To me Sunni Islam is better due to it's emphasis on treditional values but I Find Quaranist Muslims very interesting.

Quaranist Muslims are those Muslims who believe that Quran is the complete book given by Allah, they rejecte Hadits and other materials written after 200 years from death of Muhammad such as Bukhari.

Yes, your right. Quaranist Muslims, Alevits, Sufis, Alawites and Bahais are all peacefull. The only problem are the Sunnits (especially Wahabites), Shiites and probably Ahmadiyya Moslems (because they are a sect).

Teutone
03-30-2019, 11:12 AM
I like the dogmatic and strong believe of Sunnis but its too destructive

Ayetooey
03-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Shia Islam has a lot of degenerate practises, like Nikah mut'ah, or their version of Taqiya. The best is some form of non denominational or Quranist type of Islam, since it avoids the shariah law stuff from the Hadiths.

Pandur
03-30-2019, 11:54 AM
dead

itilvolga
03-30-2019, 12:09 PM
Quranists are the best, trust me.

Hattian
04-04-2019, 11:03 AM
Islamic fundamentalism is better :dancing:

https://www.blazingcatfur.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/burqa.jpg

Pansarkamrat
04-04-2019, 01:45 PM
Shia

Azerimen
01-29-2020, 03:23 PM
Shia are fake muslim

Arsen_
02-12-2020, 07:04 AM
Up

Aileron
02-12-2020, 07:26 AM
ı am sunni but i respect all sects

Bosniensis
02-12-2020, 07:44 AM
Sunni (Arab) and Shia (Persian)

are Arab and Persian sects

Since most of us on Western Balkans converted in 17- 18th century... we cant belong to either denomination since I haven't partaken in creation of any of those two.

I don't care who was Osman, Ali and other Arabs. Whoever follow either of those two denomination is Pan-Arabic.

Balkan muslims should completely disconnect from Persian and Arabs and their politically inspired religious beliefs.

Östsvensk
02-12-2020, 08:14 PM
Sunni (Arab) and Shia (Persian)

are Arab and Persian sects

Since most of us on Western Balkans converted in 17- 18th century... we cant belong to either denomination since I haven't partaken in creation of any of those two.

I don't care who was Osman, Ali and other Arabs. Whoever follow either of those two denomination is Pan-Arabic.

Balkan muslims should completely disconnect from Persian and Arabs and their politically inspired religious beliefs.

The personal name of the Islamic God is Allah, which is Arabic. If I don't remember wrong, Yusuf Ali said that it was wrong to translate the name into another language (like God in English), but I don't have the energy to locate where he did.

All Muslims are required to pray in Arabic, even Indonesians. Every mosque has to be faced in the direction against Mecca and every Muslim has to go there to make hajj or what it is called.

Bosniensis
02-12-2020, 08:20 PM
The personal name of the Islamic God is Allah, which is Arabic. If I don't remember wrong, Yusuf Ali said that it was wrong to translate the name into another language (like God in English), but I don't have the energy to locate where he did.

All Muslims are required to pray in Arabic, even Indonesians. Every mosque has to be faced in the direction against Mecca and every Muslim has to go there to make hajj or what it is called.

MENA people complicate too much

samario
02-12-2020, 08:45 PM
Neither.

samario
02-12-2020, 08:47 PM
Which one is less oppressive? I think Shia, isn't it?

Östsvensk
02-13-2020, 06:20 PM
Which one is less oppressive? I think Shia, isn't it?

You mean like in Iran where women get jailed for not wearing the veil? Define oppressive.

MagnusDark
02-13-2020, 06:44 PM
Neither. All 73 sects of Islam don't even follow their actual book. They're all bastardizations that rely on hadith and sunna. Books/teachings written some 200 years after the prophet actually died. All written by Farsi Persians. Farsi/Parsi/Pharisees....Ring a bell?

Ford
02-13-2020, 06:48 PM
The one with the longest distance to Europe.

Bosniensis
02-13-2020, 06:52 PM
Neither. All 73 sects of Islam don't even follow their actual book. They're all bastardizations that rely on hadith and sunna. Books/teachings written some 200 years after the prophet actually died. All written by Farsi Persians. Farsi/Parsi/Pharisees....Ring a bell?

I agree

I am non-denoninational... I believe in God, Pray trying to be good to other people.

I am ignoring all sects.

Albanian muslims are similar to us :)

Kaspias
02-13-2020, 06:57 PM

I agree

I am non-denoninational... I believe in God, Pray trying to be good to other people.

I am ignoring all sects.

+

Teutone
02-13-2020, 06:58 PM
I agree

I am ignoring all sects.

You are a Theist then, not a muslim.

MagnusDark
02-13-2020, 07:00 PM
I agree

I am ignoring all sects.

True. Balkan Muslims outside of minority extremists are actually closer to real Islam than the entire Muslim world. The Quran says those who follow anything other than his words and divide into sects are the same as polytheists .

MagnusDark
02-13-2020, 07:02 PM
You are a Theist then, not a muslim.

Wrong. 99% of what most Muslims believe and follow is not even in the Quran. They are part of the Hadith and Sunnah. Which has the same exact meaning as Mishnah an Gommorah, the same teachings the Jews learned in Babylon whilst in exile. Stoning is mentioned as a practice of pagans in the Quran. People who just follow the Quran in Muslim countries are considered heretics. Egypt actually persecuted them for a time, and look how God dealt with them..

Ford
02-13-2020, 07:05 PM
I agree

I am ignoring all sects.

Based on that you could call yourself a Christian, Buddhist, Muslim or whatever and it would make no practical difference.

Teutone
02-13-2020, 07:05 PM
Wrong. 99% of what most Muslims believe and follow is not even in the Quran. They are part of the Hadith and Sunnah. Which has the same exact meaning as Mishnah an Gommorah, the same teachings the Jews learned in Babylon whilst in exile. Stoning is mentioned as a practice of pagans in the Quran. People who just follow the Quran in Muslim countries are considered heretics. Egypt actually persecuted them for a time, and look how God dealt with them..

Bullshit the quran itself is the proof why Islam should be rejected, I dont even give a shit about you.

Bosniensis knows his ancestors were cucks converting to islam and people pointing the obvious fact out that a muslim hating arabs is a complete fool and maniac.

Bosniensis is just affraid to finally leave islam, he doesnt know shit about it or care about it.

Teutone
02-13-2020, 07:08 PM
Based on that you could call yourself a Christian, Buddhist, Muslim or whatever and it would make no practical difference.

Lol yea what a utter nonsense

its like saying I am a christian, dont care about the bible or jesus.

Kaspias
02-13-2020, 07:10 PM
Lol yea what a utter nonsense

its like saying I am a christian, dont care about the bible or jesus.

He should also add "I follow the Quran."

At least this applies to me as an addition to him.

Kamal900
02-13-2020, 07:11 PM
Shi3as obviously.

MagnusDark
02-13-2020, 07:17 PM
Bullshit the quran itself is the proof why Islam should be rejected, I dont even give a shit about you.

Bosniensis knows his ancestors were cucks converting to islam and people pointing the obvious fact out that a muslim hating arabs is a complete fool and maniac.

Bosniensis is just affraid to finally islam, he doesnt know shit about it or care about it.

Sorry but you're wrong. I may not be the smartest person on here. However, I minored religion in college and continued studying for years. Some translations may evoke some bad things, but they pale in comparison to what you will find in the Bible. Also, I meant what I said. Most of what Muslims believe in is not in the Quran. There is no antichrist in the Quran, there is no 5 times a day prayer. No beards, no stoning, no head covering nonsense. All of this is pagan teachings of babylon, zoroastrianism that literally hijacked the religion. The same groups to spread Islam after the prophets death were his enemies. Also, the Quran even says those who swore a promise to him among his companions(which Muslims Idolize) were all secretly plotting against him.

The word muslim simply means "submitter" As in submitting to God. It is also only one of many other labels used to define ranks of those who work towards God's favor. Mumin being one of the higher ranks, which is believer. They are of the foremost. Most of the Muslim world just fell into the same cracks that Christians and Jews did by manufacturing organized institutions. There is no middle men with The Creator.

You can cry lies and bullshit all you want. I actually studied this stuff religiously and still do. You don't need to know Arabic, or follow arab culture. That is all bullshit. Besides, Quran as written in classical Arabic which had an additional 2 alphabetical letters that were dropped with the evolution of modern Arabic(which many translators use).

All nations and tribes are given equal chance to prove their worth. The only people who try and act like Arabs because they think they "have to" are occultists. Same as Catholics who cry heresy if you don't pray in Latin.

MagnusDark
02-13-2020, 07:19 PM

9:97 - The desert dwelling Arabs are far worse than the others in their disbelief and hypocrisy and have more reason to be ignorant of the revelations that The God revealed to His Messenger. The God is All-knowing and All-wise.

6:159: Those who have made divisions in their religion and become sects, thou art not of them in anything; their affair is unto The God, then He will tell them what they have been doing.

Ford
02-13-2020, 07:25 PM
9:97 - The desert dwelling Arabs are far worse than the others in their disbelief and hypocrisy and have more reason to be ignorant of the revelations that The God revealed to His Messenger. The God is All-knowing and All-wise.

6:159: Those who have made divisions in their religion and become sects, thou art not of them in anything; their affair is unto The God, then He will tell them what they have been doing.

You misunderstand what I was saying. If the only thing Islam gave him is to believe there is a god and to not be a douche then he is no different from any of the people who are "non-religious but spiritual". He, like many other Bosniaks, are not really Muslims (and I should be fair to say that many Orthodoxes and Catholics are the same) since they only cling to the Muslim name by tradition and nothing else.

Bosniensis
02-13-2020, 07:36 PM
He should also add "I follow the Quran."

At least this applies to me as an addition to him.

Yes. That is obvious.

Teutone
02-13-2020, 07:37 PM
Sorry but you're wrong. I may not be the smartest person on here. However, I minored religion in college and continued studying for years. Some translations may evoke some bad things, but they pale in comparison to what you will find in the Bible. Also, I meant what I said. Most of what Muslims believe in is not in the Quran. There is no antichrist in the Quran, there is no 5 times a day prayer. No beards, no stoning, no head covering nonsense. All of this is pagan teachings of babylon, zoroastrianism that literally hijacked the religion. The same groups to spread Islam after the prophets death were his enemies. Also, the Quran even says those who swore a promise to him among his companions(which Muslims Idolize) were all secretly plotting against him.

The word muslim simply means "submitter" As in submitting to God. It is also only one of many other labels used to define ranks of those who work towards God's favor. Mumin being one of the higher ranks, which is believer. They are of the foremost. Most of the Muslim world just fell into the same cracks that Christians and Jews did by manufacturing organized institutions. There is no middle men with The Creator.

You can cry lies and bullshit all you want. I actually studied this stuff religiously and still do. You don't need to know Arabic, or follow arab culture. That is all bullshit. Besides, Quran as written in classical Arabic which had an additional 2 alphabetical letters that were dropped with the evolution of modern Arabic(which many translators use).

All nations and tribes are given equal chance to prove their worth. The only people who try and act like Arabs because they think they "have to" are occultists. Same as Catholics who cry heresy if you don't pray in Latin.

Where do I claim you dont know about Islam, he doesnt.

Islam is a disgusting cult without the hadiths too

KrashNick
02-13-2020, 07:45 PM
Sunni , especially Balkan Muslims.

MagnusDark
02-13-2020, 07:45 PM
You misunderstand what I was saying. If the only thing Islam gave him is to believe there is a god and to not be a douche then he is no different from any of the people who are "non-religious but spiritual". He, like many other Bosniaks, are not really Muslims (and I should be fair to say that many Orthodoxes and Catholics are the same) since they only cling to the Muslim name by tradition and nothing else.

True, but you cannot know what is in his heart, or his daily actions to truly say if he is just being flimsy or steadfast. The truth is, most religions are man-made bastardizations of one central truth. Many messengers God sent(assuming one believes in the Creator) were themselves lost, misguided, or following their forefathers blindly. It was their actions and deeds that set them apart from their peers. The Quran says messengers were sent to every nation tribe and people. Which goes to show that the middle east is not the only place where these things happened. Proto-Slavs probably received their own warners. In druid religion for instance, there are mention of the "end times" that eerily match the end times describes in abrahamic faiths.

Most religions are corrupt. No priest, imam, rabbi or anything dictates your place in the next life. It is our deeds and actions that determine where we go. That is a hard pill to swallow for some who want the easy way out. This goes for the Muslim world as well. I remember an Imam telling me once that all Muslims go to heaven regardless of their deeds and actions so long as they pray 5 times a day and fast. It is nonsense. All of it. The Quran says if people are not oppressing you or forcing you from your homes, to LEAVE THEM ALONE. This right there basically means most of the Muslim world is going to hell in a hand basket. It is no ones place to tell you how to live your life. If you cause no harm to anyone, its between you and your maker.

The problem is religion is so intrinsically tied to culture that people feel they are sacrificing their identity. God is not encapsulated by any culture or peoples. God encapsulates all. Known and unknown. Being good, doing good, avoiding major evil, and being charitable is most of the battle right there. Being a good person is not easy though.

Bosniensis
02-13-2020, 07:46 PM
Bosniaks, Albanians and Modern Turks follow Islam that is bound to traditional Ottoman values, we are very different to Arabs.

Our faith revolved around the Emperor of Constantinople who was supreme leader of Islam and defender of the Faith, he was God's "shadow" on the Earth whose position was sacred.

He was Caliph of Islam, Caesar of the Romans, Padishah of Persians and Turks.

The fact that modern Westerners know nothing about that ... we don't care.

Feel free to construct whatever opinion you want about us.

MagnusDark
02-13-2020, 07:48 PM
Where do I claim you dont know about Islam, he doesnt.

Islam is a disgusting cult without the hadiths too

Whatever you say buddy. We will all be judged. Don't think any priest will absolve you of anything. He will answer for his sins too, lol.

MagnusDark
02-13-2020, 07:51 PM
Bosniaks, Albanians and Modern Turks follow Islam that is bound to traditional Ottoman values, we are very different to Arabs.

Our faith revolved around the Emperor of Constantinople who was supreme leader of Islam and defender of the Faith, he was God's "shadow" on the Earth whose position was sacred.

He was Caliph of Islam, Caesar of the Romans, Padishah of Persians and Turks.

The fact that modern Westerners know nothing about that ... we don't care.

Feel free to construct whatever opinion you want about us.

Be careful bro. This is the same chain of thought that led Arabs away from the Quran into all sorts of nonsense. God is The Single Force. He has no partner. No middle man. No empire defines him, he defines all. Each empire has its expiration, as do its people. Only good deeds, avoidance of major evils, and being charitable above all is our covenant. To uphold the truth, against falsehood. Within and without our nations. Our faith is only from The Creator. It is He who grants it, and He who can take it away. We serve The One Above All. It was Ibrahim who named us Muslim. Nations, emperorers, peoples come and go. Only The One remains.

Bosniensis
02-13-2020, 07:57 PM
Be careful bro. This is the same chain of thought that led Arabs away from the Quran into all sorts of nonsense. God is The Single Force. He has no partner. No middle man. No empire defines him, he defines all. Each empire has its expiration, as do its people. Only good deeds, avoidance of major evils, and being charitable above all is our covenant. To uphold the truth, against falsehood. Within and without our nations. Our faith is only from The Creator. It is He who grants it, and He who can take it away. We serve The One Above All. It was Ibrahim who named us Muslim. Nations, emperorers, peoples come and go. Only The One remains.

i agree, but Caliph/Emperor is a political leader... "sacred" in the sense that we must unite around him.. Of course he is not sacred like "saint" in christianity.

MagnusDark
02-13-2020, 08:21 PM
i agree, but Caliph/Emperor is a political leader... "sacred" in the sense that we must unite around him.. Of course he is not sacred like "saint" in christianity.

Well Adam was named Caliph. In classical Arabic it means successor/caretaker/to succeed.

We only serve The One Creator. Even messengers are just servants.

alnortedelsur
02-13-2020, 08:50 PM
Whichever one is practiced in Turkey, which is not an Islamic fundamentalist country.

Crn Volk
02-13-2020, 09:05 PM
Shia due to their opposition to Zionism

MagnusDark
02-14-2020, 01:13 PM
Shia due to their opposition to Zionism

Pretty sure any Muslim(regardless of their ass backwards sects) are anti-Zionist lol.

Brutus
04-18-2020, 01:20 PM
As you all know, I don't like Islam as I don't like any Abrahamic religion (some sects I find more tolerable than others), but if I had to pick, I would pick Shia Islam because its theology is amenable to a wide range of unorthodox views because it is hierarchical and ascribes supernatural powers to Shia leaders. It is their supposed affinity to the household of the prophet (Ahl-al-Bayt) which is supposedly responsible for their powers.

What do you mean by leaders here? In Orthodox Shia Islam (Twelver Shias), the 12 Imams are the only rightful heirs for succession of the Prophet. And they don't have supernatural powers, rather they have divine knowledge that's been bestowed upon them by God. Saying supernatural powers is quite misleading.

Óttar
04-18-2020, 06:23 PM
What do you mean by leaders here? In Orthodox Shia Islam (Twelver Shias), the 12 Imams are the only rightful heirs for succession of the Prophet. And they don't have supernatural powers, rather they have divine knowledge that's been bestowed upon them by God. Saying supernatural powers is quite misleading.

It is said that for the Agha Khan, wine turns to water when it passes his lips.

Brutus
04-19-2020, 11:14 AM
It is said that for the Agha Khan, wine turns to water when it passes his lips.

I do not know how authentic this sentence is, but if so you must be thinking of Ismailis, a very small branch of Shia Islam.

magyar_lány
04-19-2020, 11:26 AM
None of them. I hate Islam.