03-23-2019, 01:38 PM
No Gedmatch i suppose? :/

Matxe92
03-23-2019, 01:39 PM
Her total false understanding of DNA results is fucking hilarious. :D

Leto
03-23-2019, 01:41 PM
No Gedmatch i suppose? :/
People who film such videos rarely know about GM. She must be on the southern side of the spectrum anyway, 'cause she mentions Greek ancestry.

Nurzat
03-23-2019, 01:42 PM
nothing shocking after all. she took it too literally though - it doesn't mean that she has recent Italian or Greek ancestry. also 23andme stupidly labelled the Balkan component as "Greek & Balkan" - it should be just Balkan since most Greeks on 23andme rather score Western Asian as highest component, not the "Greek & Balkan" one. anyway, interesting how she did get connections with as far as Persia and South Asia but not with Eastern Europe

Leto
03-23-2019, 01:45 PM
nothing shocking after all. she took it too literally though - it doesn't mean that she has recent Italian or Greek ancestry. also 23andme stupidly labelled the Balkan component as "Greek & Balkan" - it should be just Balkan since most Greeks on 23andme rather score Western Asian as highest component, not the "Greek & Balkan" one. anyway, interesting how she did get connections with as far as Persia and South Asia but not with Eastern Europe
She says she has distant ancestry from Greece.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
03-23-2019, 01:46 PM

:rolleyes:

34% Eastern Europe & Russia

xripkan
03-23-2019, 01:48 PM

This is not true. All mainland Greeks score Balkan by far. The Islanders score high Italian and West Asian but also high Balkan. Even some Anatolian Greeks score considerable Balkan percentage.

Voskos
03-23-2019, 01:49 PM
That 1% south asian keeps popping up .

Aspar
03-23-2019, 01:50 PM

Absolutely false.

Aspar
03-23-2019, 01:51 PM
She says she has distant ancestry from Greece.

What she means is that some of her ancestors came from Greek Macedonia or Thrace not that she has a Greek ancestor!
Many Macedonians and Bulgarians have ancestry from those regions, some fully, others partially.

Nurzat
03-23-2019, 01:54 PM
This is not true. All mainland Greeks score Balkan by far. The Islanders score high Italian and West Asian but also high Balkan. Even some Anatolian Greeks score considerable Balkan percentage.

but is it ok to name the component "Greek" and not let is simply "Balkan"? it implies the component is particularly Greek, which is not. the Eastern Euro component is not named "Russian & Eastern Euro" for example.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
03-23-2019, 02:10 PM
but is it ok to name the component "Greek" and not let is simply "Balkan"? it implies the component is particularly Greek, which is not. the Eastern Euro component is not named "Russian & Eastern Euro" for example.

Yes it is. Are you drunk or something ? She took Ancestry DNA test, not 23andme.

my result
http://oi66.tinypic.com/wufll0.jpg

On both Ancestry and 23andme exist Greek & Balkan group, not just ''Greek''. Just stop trolling dude.

Nurzat
03-23-2019, 02:31 PM
Yes it is. Are you drunk or something ? She took Ancestry DNA test, not 23andme.

my result
http://oi66.tinypic.com/wufll0.jpg

On both Ancestry and 23andme exist Greek & Balkan group, not just ''Greek''. Just stop trolling dude.

I was talking about 23andme and I said it is named "Greek and Balkan" - maybe you're drunk, read again. anyway it is not ok to name it with contemporary nationalities since the components themselves don't peak in them - Balkan peaks in Albanians and East Euro peaks in Lithuanians. so the labeling of both DNA companies sucks

Dick
03-23-2019, 02:38 PM
:rolleyes:

34% Eastern Europe & Russia

She got 34%? not even Serbs get that low East Europe

Ford
03-23-2019, 02:40 PM
I was talking about 23andme and I said it is named "Greek and Balkan" - maybe you're drunk, read again. anyway it is not ok to name it with contemporary nationalities since the components themselves don't peak in them - Balkan peaks in Albanians and East Euro peaks in Lithuanians. so the labeling of both DNA companies sucks

Yes, the labeling sucks but the Balkan and Eastern European categories are generally shit at 23andme. They include too many different populations in their references.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
03-23-2019, 02:44 PM

Why is that weird to you ? Bulgarians are less Slavic than Serbs especially those with ancestry from Aegan Macedonia.

Ford
03-23-2019, 02:47 PM

I don't think they include Bulgaria in the Eastern European category. I can't find any evidence that they do include it in the Balkan category either, although Macedonia is there.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
03-23-2019, 02:48 PM
She's probably southern shifted for Bulgarian. I would bet on gedmatch she would cluster with Macedonian Greeks.

Leto
03-23-2019, 02:50 PM
Someone could suggest she try GEDmatch in the comment section.

Kaspias
03-23-2019, 02:51 PM
She's probably southern shifted for Bulgarian. I would bet on gedmatch she would cluster with Macedonian Greeks.

No. She would cluster with Macedonians or Thracian Bulgarians

Voskos
03-23-2019, 02:56 PM
Whats so strange? Bulgarians= thracian+slavs+anatolian.

Papastratosels26
03-23-2019, 03:01 PM

Papastratosels26
03-23-2019, 03:06 PM
Interesting results.

Voskos
03-23-2019, 03:11 PM
Just watched the video, she says her grandma is from southern greek parents who migrated to burgas. So that'd make her 25% greek.

Centurion
03-23-2019, 03:12 PM
I don't think they include Bulgaria in the Eastern European category. I can't find any evidence that they do include it in the Balkan category either, although Macedonia is there.

Actually their Eastern Europe and Russia region include Bulgaria, but only the Northern half of the country, while their Greece and Balkan region includes the totality of the country + the southern half of Serbia and the south of Romania.

Papastratosels26
03-23-2019, 03:13 PM
What she means is that some of her ancestors came from Greek Macedonia or Thrace not that she has a Greek ancestor!
Many Macedonians and Bulgarians have ancestry from those regions, some fully, others partially....
Just watched the video, she says her grandma is from southern greek parents who migrated to burgas. So that'd make her 25% greek.Nice [emoji106]

Bosniensis
03-23-2019, 03:13 PM
Her DNA tests clearly show us how diverse Serbian genetics can be.

Dick
03-23-2019, 03:15 PM
Her DNA tests clearly show us how diverse Serbian genetics can be.

;)

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
03-23-2019, 03:17 PM
No. She would cluster with Macedonians or Thracian Bulgarians

Lol these people all cluster togheder with Macedonian Greeks.

Kaspias
03-23-2019, 03:24 PM
Lol these people all cluster togheder with Macedonian Greeks.

No. There are significant difference between them. Especially between Thracian Bulgarian - Macedonian Greeks. Some of Macedonians are genetically similar or even same with Macedonian Greeks. Some have more Slavic input.

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
03-23-2019, 03:36 PM
No. There are significant difference between them. Especially between Thracian Bulgarian - Macedonian Greeks. Some of Macedonians are genetically similar or even same with Macedonian Greeks. Some have more Slavic input.

She is 1/4 southern Greek so it is hard to believe she would cluster with Bulgarians. Her eastern Europe is low for Bulgarian.

Kaspias
03-23-2019, 03:38 PM
She is 1/4 southern Greek so it is hard to believe she would cluster with Bulgarians. Her eastern Europe is low for Bulgarian.

1/4 Southern Greek? I haven't seen this

Hrvoje Vukčić Hrvatinić
03-23-2019, 03:38 PM
1/4 Southern Greek? I haven't seen this

Just watched the video, she says her grandma is from southern greek parents who migrated to burgas. So that'd make her 25% greek.

Kaspias
03-23-2019, 03:40 PM

You're right then

Bosniensis
03-23-2019, 03:43 PM

How do you know about Thracian Bulgarians? Nobody knows anything about their autosomal bro

Kaspias
03-23-2019, 03:44 PM
How do you know about Thracian Bulgarians? Nobody knows anything about their autosomal bro

Regional Thrace...