PDA

View Full Version : Were There European Meds Before The Neolithic?

Joso
03-28-2019, 03:01 PM
Were there already mediterranids in Europe before the neolithic? Were the capellids a mediterranid type or what were they?

Ayetooey
03-28-2019, 03:02 PM
No. Just Blacks.

gıulıoımpa
03-28-2019, 03:04 PM
europe was inhabited by cheddar man like people

Joso
03-28-2019, 03:13 PM
europe was inhabited by cheddar man like people

But then what was Combe-Capelle?
"Combe-Capelle is a Paleolithic and Epipaleolithic site situated in the Couze valley in the Périgord region of southern France. Henri-Marc Ami carried out excavations in the area from the late 1920s until his death in 1931.
The famous Homo sapiens fossil from Combe-Capelle, discovered in 1909 and sold to the Museum für Völkerkunde, Berlin, in 1910, was for a long time considered to be a Upper Paleolithic Cro-Magnon man and one of the oldest finds of modern humans in Europe, formerly classified as Homo aurignaciensis hauseri. This was revised in a 2011 study, which dated collagen from a tooth of the skull in Berlin with accelerator mass spectrometry. The fossil was found to date to the early Holocene (Mesolithic Europe), at 9,500 years old."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combe-Capelle

gıulıoımpa
03-28-2019, 03:38 PM
But then what was Combe-Capelle?
"Combe-Capelle is a Paleolithic and Epipaleolithic site situated in the Couze valley in the Périgord region of southern France. Henri-Marc Ami carried out excavations in the area from the late 1920s until his death in 1931.
The famous Homo sapiens fossil from Combe-Capelle, discovered in 1909 and sold to the Museum für Völkerkunde, Berlin, in 1910, was for a long time considered to be a Upper Paleolithic Cro-Magnon man and one of the oldest finds of modern humans in Europe, formerly classified as Homo aurignaciensis hauseri. This was revised in a 2011 study, which dated collagen from a tooth of the skull in Berlin with accelerator mass spectrometry. The fossil was found to date to the early Holocene (Mesolithic Europe), at 9,500 years old."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combe-Capelle

looks like a CM with archaic features. especially the round nasale cavity

Dick
03-28-2019, 08:45 PM
No. Just Blacks.

Yep. The proto indo european greeks called them Blacks but as time went by Beta was pronounced as veta and they were called Vlachs instead

Ayetooey
03-28-2019, 08:48 PM
Yep. The proto indo european greeks called them Blacks but as time went by Beta was pronounced as veta and they were called Vlachs instead

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3c9EYBV8BsM/hqdefault.jpg

Token
03-28-2019, 08:55 PM
Nope, and Combe Capelle isn't Paleolithic, the dating was revised to the Late Mesolithic.

Joso
03-28-2019, 09:25 PM
Nope, and Combe Capelle isn't Paleolithic, the dating was revised to the Late Mesolithic.

I know that combe-capelle is mesolithic, where i said it is not? It is even in my comment above. And then, what combe-capelle is?

Token
03-28-2019, 11:10 PM
I know that combe-capelle is mesolithic, where i said it is not? It is even in my comment above. And then, what combe-capelle is?

You are only bringing Combe Capelle up because you take it as evidence of Mediterranean types dwelling in Europe before any Anatolian farmers, but this is just showing your utter lack of knowledge on basic Anthropology. The Late Mesolithic is a transitional period between Mesolithic proper and the Neolithic, and there were already pockets of agricultural societies as far west as Southern France at this time. The Combe Capelle skull is either a migrant from Anatolia or a guy with Anatolian ancestry, the latter is more likely because the skull still shows some Cromagnoid qualities.