PDA

View Full Version : Something That Really P***ed Me Off Today!!!

Treffie
03-10-2009, 11:28 PM
Watch the clip.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/7935049.stm

Beorn
03-11-2009, 12:12 AM
It is moments like this that keep me going; keeps my fire burning, because whatever it is that the radio or the t.v says, or whatever it is you read in the paper, the "truth" that people are tolerant and not racist and are quite happy with the way things are, and us "racists" are in the minority and never in the right is wrong!

The people have not spoken as there is no spokesman to speak for them.

The people await a spark. A fire the likes of which England has never seen before.

Uncer Dæg Willa Cuman.

Treffie
03-11-2009, 12:41 AM
The people await a spark. A fire the likes of which England has never seen before.

You're not wrong there Beorn, I was bouncing when I watched this on the news tonight. But I do think that it will be a British thing. :D

woody
03-11-2009, 12:54 AM
Watch the clip.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/7935049.stm

I might be missing something...where is the clip?:confused:

Treffie
03-11-2009, 01:00 AM

Perhaps it's regional, I'll post the story for you.

-----------------

Two people were arrested during angry scenes as 200 soldiers marched through a Bedfordshire town centre to mark their return from Iraq.

It happened as anti-war protesters held placards saying "Anglian Soldiers Go To Hell" and "Butchers of Basra".

The two, thought to be members of the public watching the parade in Luton, were held for public order offences.

The 2nd Battalion The Royal Anglian Regiment, known as the Poachers, have toured Iraq twice in two years.

Two lines of police officers divided the anti-war protesters from a large number of local residents, some waving Union and St George's flags.

Police intervention

Police dogs and riot vans were also called to keep the two sides apart at the Homecoming Parade, organised by the borough council.

As the soldiers reached Luton Town Hall the small group of protesters shouted "Terrorists" and "Anglian Soldiers Go to Hell".

The protesters then had to be protected by police as supporters of the soldiers turned on them shouting "Scum" and "No surrender to the Taleban".

Prime Minister Gordon Brown described the actions of the protesters as "disappointing".

In a statement, he said: "The whole country is proud of our brave servicemen and women who serve their country with great distinction and courage.

"That pride in our armed forces was shown once again today when thousands turned out to welcome the 2nd Battalion the Royal Anglian Regiment.

"It is therefore disappointing that a tiny minority tried, but ultimately failed, to disrupt today's event. We should all be proud of the outstanding work our armed forces do."

Defence Secretary John Hutton also criticised the protesters.

He said: "I can only condemn the tiny minority who used this opportunity to make, whatever their personal views, utterly ridiculous and insulting comments to these brave men and women."

Captain Martyn Cook, one of the soldiers who took part in the parade, said: "These occasions, to us, aren't about politics. They're about wanting to say thank you to our family and friends that support us."

'Quickly contained'

Speaking after the parade Supt Andy Martin said: "We were on hand to ensure members of the public who wished to watch it could do so safely while anyone wanting to exercise their right to lawful protest could also be accommodated.

"Disappointingly a small number of people chose to cause a disturbance during the parade, which was quickly contained by officers. The rest of the event concluded without further problem."

Luton's Mayor Lakhbir Singh said earlier: "The Royal Anglian Regiment was given freedom of the town some years ago and we are proud to welcome them back."

The battalion, currently based at Celle near Hanover in Germany, recruits from several areas including Northamptonshire, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Leicestershire and Lincolnshire.

In 2006 Pte Joseva Lewaicei and Pte Adam Morris died in a roadside bomb attack outside Basra.

Beorn
03-11-2009, 01:04 AM

I recorded it for you. Watch it quick as YouTube is so harsh on dissident videos. Especially mine.

F8eWwjboM1o

I do apologise for the quality. My screen recorder is giving me gyp.

stormlord
03-11-2009, 01:38 AM
I liked seeing that old man go for them, I hope the police holding him back were proud of themselves. It's nice to know that if they didn't have state protection they'd soon be dealt with.

Anyway, must be a nice homecoming for them.

Beorn
03-11-2009, 05:04 PM
Muslim group pledges more anti-war protests against soldiers (http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2009/mar/11/muslim-group-anti-war-protests)

Extremists defend yesterday's demonstration in Luton and say more will follow

The extremist group behind yesterday's anti-war protests targeting soldiers in Luton vowed today to stage similar demonstrations whenever British troops hold homecoming parades.
Two people were arrested for public order offences after angry scenes between a small group of protesters and bystanders in Luton town centre during a parade for 200 soldiers returning from Iraq.
About a dozen people shouted "terrorists" and held placards saying "Anglian soldiers go to hell" and "butchers of Basra" as soldiers from the 2nd Battalion The Royal Anglian Regiment, known as the Poachers, paraded through the town.

Today the group believed to be behind the protests said it was planning to stage more demonstrations, raising fears of another flashpoint at a homecoming parade due to be held in Watford today.
"Whenever the troops come we will be demonstrating," said spokesman Anjem Choudary, although he added that it depended on whether the organisation could "get the numbers".
Yesterday's protesters, dressed in Islamic clothing, were initially kept away from the marching soldiers and union flag-waving locals by police.
They shouted abuse and waved placards with slogans including "Anglian soldiers: cowards, killers, extremists" and "British government, terrorist government". Later the protesters had to be protected by the police as onlookers turned on them, shouting "scum" and "no surrender to the Taliban".

Superintendent Andy Martin said Bedfordshire police had made plans so those wishing to protest could do so peacefully. He added: "Disappointingly, a small number of people chose to cause a disturbance during the parade, which was quickly contained by officers."
One of those involved in the protest said it was justified. "Those soldiers were in Iraq murdering and mutilating innocent people. They had blood on their hands," said Abu Omar, 30, a carer from Luton.

"They have come into a town with a large Muslim population to promote an illegal war. A lot of people are very unhappy about it. It is an absolute disgrace."

Gordon Brown condemned the protesters, saying the troops "serve their country with great distinction and courage".
He added: "It is therefore disappointing that a tiny minority tried, but ultimately failed, to disrupt today's event. We should all be proud of the outstanding work our armed forces do."
Shahid Malik, the justice minister, said: "All decent people, irrespective of religion, will be sickened by the antics of this group. Our soldiers do an incredibly brave job all round the world. They don't ask to serve anywhere, it is politicians who make that decision. All soldiers do is loyally serve Queen and country.

"The antics of this very small group will damage community relations and will give ammunition to the far right wing. These extremists in Luton no more represent ordinary Muslims than the Real IRA represent ordinary Irish people.
"If these people want an Islamic state my advice is to go to an Islamic country. Britain is multi-faith and we are proud of that fact, as indeed we are of our soldiers."
The group behind the protests is calling itself Ahle Sunnah al Jamah, and is a splinter group from the banned extremist group al-Muhajiroun, whose head was Omar Bakri Mohammed.
One expert on Islamist extremist groups in the UK told the Guardian that the organisation had a core of 30 to 40 people. The name, Ahle Sunnah al Jamah, has several spellings and its closest English translation is "the majority of the Muslims".

Choudary defended the Luton protests: "If it is unpalatable, they should not go to Iraq. If the British are going to be engaging in torture, killing women and children, that needs to be condemned."
But Inayat Bunglawala, spokesman for the Muslim Council of Britain, who comes from Luton, said the protesters did not represent British Muslims: "This is al-Muhajiroun remnants – these are known figures who have been long associated with al-Muhajiroun."
He said the group had leafleted Luton over the weekend to drum up support for Tuesday's protest, and could attract at best 20 people out of the town's Muslim population of 20,000.
He said the aim of the extremists had been publicity, which the media had handed them: "Much of the media is culpable. They know these groups thrive on publicity and sections of our media are only too happy to give them parts of their front page to this group – it only encourages and emboldens them.

"Their aim is to create discord and ferment division and this coverage helps them achieve their goals."
Police said neither of those arrested yesterday was connected to the anti-war protest. One, an 18-year-old man from Luton, was charged with racially aggravated harassment and will appear at Luton magistrates court on 18 March. The other, a man in his 40s, was released after being issued with a fixed penalty notice of £80.

Beorn
03-11-2009, 09:07 PM
7pRNmLWhtO4

Loyalist
03-11-2009, 09:10 PM
So why aren't members of UAF, ANL, and Searchlight turning out to "defend" their country against these sorts of demonstrations? :rolleyes:

Beorn
03-12-2009, 10:14 PM
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00751/SNN1101A-682_751690a.jpg
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00751/SNN1109BB-682_751558a.jpg
http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00751/SNN1108B-682_751559a.jpg

Beorn
03-13-2009, 02:35 PM
My son is proud to be British, claims father of Muslim protester who hurled abuse at homecoming troops (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1161404/My-son-proud-British-claims-father-Muslim-protester-hurled-abuse-homecoming-troops.html)

he father of a Muslim extremist who waved hate-filled placards and shouted at soldiers during a homecoming march has insisted he is proud to be British.Jalal Ahmed brandished a sign saying 'Anglian soldiers: Butchers of Basra' at the welcome parade for the Royal Anglian Regiment in his home town of Luton earlier this week.
His part in the protest yesterday saw him lose his airside pass at Luton Airport, where he worked as a baggage handler on a part-time basis. His duties involve loading luggage onto conveyor belts into aircraft holds.
But his father, Helal, insisted today: 'He has done nothing wrong. He was just exercising his right to protest. I wouldn't stop him if he wanted to do something similar again.'
He told the Star: 'He was born in this country in Newcastle and he is proud to be British. He's a good boy. He doesn't smoke, he's done nothing violent and he just likes to pray five times a day at home.'

The difference between his son and other Britons who disagree with the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, is the clear line which was never crossed.

You protest the government but cheer and congratulate your troops for serving you, not shout horrendous abuse at them as they return to family and loved ones.