PDA

View Full Version : Google busted for helping Haddad against Bolsonaro.

KMack
04-01-2019, 01:27 PM
The Supreme Electoral Tribunal (TSA), Brazil’s top election court, fined Fernando Haddad (President Jair Bolsonaro’s leftist opponent) for having a contract with Google to manipulate search results during the election.

Luiz Edson Fachin, of the Supreme Electoral Tribunal (TSE), ruled that the PT candidate for the presidency, Fernando Haddad, paid Google to highlight negative content and manipulated searches to point to a website with negative coverage of Bolsonaro.

Google wasn’t fined because they claimed that as soon as they were notified by the court of the irregularities they dishonored the contract.

This is a common practice by Google in the United States.

Google manipulates search results for conservatives and conservative publishers to point to negative articles and hit pieces.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/03/brazils-top-election-court-catches-google-manipulating-search-results-to-point-to-negative-entries-on-bolsonaro-just-like-they-do-with-conservatives-in-america/

Blondie
04-01-2019, 01:39 PM
I'm not surprised :)

Catarinense1998
04-01-2019, 03:59 PM
Great. Leftards are cheaters.

luc2112
04-01-2019, 04:14 PM
The Supreme Electoral Tribunal (TSA), Brazil’s top election court, fined Fernando Haddad (President Jair Bolsonaro’s leftist opponent) for having a contract with Google to manipulate search results during the election.

Luiz Edson Fachin, of the Supreme Electoral Tribunal (TSE), ruled that the PT candidate for the presidency, Fernando Haddad, paid Google to highlight negative content and manipulated searches to point to a website with negative coverage of Bolsonaro.

Bolsonaro came into conflict with the main Brazilian newspaper (Folha de são Paulo) and largest open TV channel (Rede Globo) both receive privileges of federal funds for government propaganda of the previous left government.
These funds are in federal law (advertising of state-owned enterprises) the first political measure of Bolsonaro was to democratize the funds for all means of communication.

This is a common practice by Google in the United States.

About the USA, interesting to look at too :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2018/10/11/facebook-purged-over-accounts-pages-pushing-political-messages-profit/?noredirect=on

Tenma de Pegasus
04-01-2019, 11:17 PM
Tinha que ser esses esquerdistas hipócritas

The Lawspeaker
04-01-2019, 11:20 PM
If this stuff continues, Google might well end up getting banned from certain countries and they would deserve no better.

CariocaMI
04-05-2019, 10:57 PM
If this stuff continues, Google might well end up getting banned from certain countries and they would deserve no better.

Impossible! Very rich and powerful for that to happen...Not to mention that the american government would not allow it! In fact, both sides worked with fake news
and none of them is the solution to the country's problems!

The Lawspeaker
04-05-2019, 11:10 PM
Impossible! Very rich and powerful for that to happen...Not to mention that the american government would not allow it! In fact, both sides worked with fake news
and none of them is the solution to the country's problems!

Lovely story but China forced Google to submit to their (nefarious) conditions and the U.S didn't do a damn thing to help them. And the current U.S admin might just look the other way as well. So it can be done.

CariocaMI
04-05-2019, 11:21 PM
Lovely story but China forced Google to submit to their (nefarious) conditions and the U.S didn't do a damn thing to help them. And the current U.S admin might just look the other way as well. So it can be done.

Yeah.. But, CHINA! I doubt any other country try to do the same ... Look at France under pressure for wanting to tax Google and Facebook. Let alone Latin American countries :rolleyes:

The Lawspeaker
04-05-2019, 11:22 PM
Yeah.. But, CHINA! I doubt any other country try to do the same ... Look at France under pressure for wanting to tax Google and Facebook. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah. And with the Europeans going for a full article 13 that just might become reality. Stay with the news.

CariocaMI
04-05-2019, 11:23 PM
Oh yeah. And with the Europeans going for a full article 13 that just might become reality. Stay with the news.

Not the same as to ban them :thumb001:

The Lawspeaker
04-05-2019, 11:23 PM
Not the same as to ban them :thumb001:

Watch what happens when they don't pay. In fact: the Iranians have banned them. The Russians are working on their own internet as well.

CariocaMI
04-05-2019, 11:27 PM
Watch what happens when they don't pay. In fact: the Iranians have banned them. The Russians are working on their own internet as well.

You're only agreeing with me. Countries that oppose the United States, not subservient countries like Europe and Latin America.

El_Abominacion
04-05-2019, 11:29 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRbOqrBxvdltA9p6BXFMNj0cjxqT3zih WOX7sY_i6d8x2D_mAs2

The Lawspeaker
04-05-2019, 11:29 PM
You're only agreeing with me. Countries that oppose the United States, not subservient countries like Europe and Latin America.

I think you underestimate Europe and Latin America. Carry on, lad.