PDA

View Full Version : Which group passes better in Latin America, Indians or Filipinos?

Thambi
04-07-2019, 08:20 AM
Please discuss :)

Dna8
04-07-2019, 08:23 AM
Filipinos, IMO.

lameduck
04-07-2019, 08:24 AM
imo caucasoid indians specially women, quite a few punjabi/sindhi/kashmiris/haryanvis/himachali women will not look out of place in latin america

indian kashmiri can easily pass in latin america

https://akm-img-a-in.tosshub.com/indiatoday/images/story/201901/shah_faesal1.jpeg?Gc8oh2Ktm1RTJXNuPP5s8ZW93edC80Ke

NPKTO
04-07-2019, 08:26 AM
Filipinos for pure Amerindian groups imo. Both South Asians and Filipinos equally for mixed ones.Although Northern South Asian have better chance of passing as less mixed Mestizo/a or Castizo/a.

Thambi
04-07-2019, 08:28 AM
imo caucasoid indians specially women, quite a few punjabi/sindhi/kashmiris/haryanvis/himachali women will not look out of place in latin america

https://akm-img-a-in.tosshub.com/indiatoday/images/story/201901/shah_faesal1.jpeg?Gc8oh2Ktm1RTJXNuPP5s8ZW93edC80Ke

yeah agree many nw indians could pass. but average joes from india dont look that latino leaning whereas average filipino could resemble many native americans or mestizos. Atleast they have a higher chance of passing than indians imo

Filipinos are commonly referred to as mexicans of asia.

Borealis
04-07-2019, 08:36 AM
Filipinos definitely. But I think Indians will pass better than northeast Asians. And SSAs of course.

leonj
04-07-2019, 08:38 AM
Filipinos

Zuh
04-07-2019, 08:38 AM
yeah agree many nw indians could pass. but average joes from india dont look that latino leaning whereas average filipino could resemble many native americans or mestizos. Atleast they have a higher chance of passing than indians imo

Yeah this is a deffenetly a huge insult to us this type of rumor are 99% spread from Filipinos that's because they worship Europeans or anyone part white.

The thruth is Mexico is so diverse each region has it's sorta diversity you can find many Mexicans resembling Indians most of time many of those mexicans are Indomestizo from Southern Mexico.

I have been to Mexico where are my parents from (western mexico) and most of the people look like this.

https://i1.wp.com/www.kynt1450.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/getty_061818_mexico.jpg?resize=630%2C354

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS0WlGZbXQcFhwwPNHcrCXPcTnf2TE xTFVig5Sq54moPgI6fqQr

Bottom line both Indians and Filipinos can pass in Mexico not so much as the mexican diaspora in the U.S

Thambi
04-07-2019, 08:40 AM
Filipinos definitely. But I think Indians will pass better than northeast Asians. And SSAs of course.

SSas could fit as afro latinos, especially in domincan republic, puerto rico. Many brazilians are biriacial black/white. There are no indian latino communities. Also I think many northeast asians when they get tanned look like native americans.

Dna8
04-07-2019, 08:41 AM
Yeah this is a deffenetly a huge insult to us this type of rumor are 99% spread from Filipinos that's because they worship Europeans or anyone part white.

The thruth is Mexico is so diverse each region has it's sorta diversity you can find many Mexicans resembling Indians most of time many of those mexicans are Indomestizo from Southern Mexico.

I have been to Mexico where are my parents from (western mexico) and most of the people look like this.

https://i1.wp.com/www.kynt1450.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/getty_061818_mexico.jpg?resize=630%2C354

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcS0WlGZbXQcFhwwPNHcrCXPcTnf2TE xTFVig5Sq54moPgI6fqQr

Bottom line both Indians and Filipinos can pass in Mexico not so much as the mexican diaspora in the U.S

https://www.theapricity.com/forum/image.php?u=20763&dateline=1554531833

Zuh
04-07-2019, 08:45 AM

I know he's a cutie ;)

Selurong
04-07-2019, 09:38 AM
I agree with Peeps here. Both Indians and Filipinos can pass as Latinos. However, Filipinos are in the range with less European influence while Indians can pass along the Castizo range of Latino types. A slight percentage of Filipinos look Indo-Mestizo due to Latino migration to the Philippines during colonial times. Since Latinos are already 50% Amerindian and 50% European, if they breed with a Filipino which is mostly Malay-Asian then the offspring is only 25% European which will look like the range of a Latino person who is genetically Indo-Mestizo, I'm only talking about the Latinos who bred with Malays here who are at a small 13.33% of the population (That's what? 1.3 out of 10 Filipinos?) if they bred with the those admixed with Chinese then they would look even more Mongloid since Malays are actually less Mongoloid than their Han Counterparts. However a large percentage of India which is composed of 1 Billion people are predominantly Aryan Indo-Europeans and most of these pass as Castizo Latinos. There is some overlap in the Philippines between Indians and Latinos though. In Precolonial times, Hinduism was practiced in several Philippine Kingdoms which were ruled by Rajahs and Christianity was spread to the Philippines during the Spanish era by expeditions sent via Mexico.

Sent from my CHM-U01 using Tapatalk

Selurong
04-07-2019, 09:48 AM

Wtf? Why do I have to defend Mexicans who are less white fron their fellow white-washed Mexicans? Didn't I say in a previous thread that I'm more proud of any Aztec descent I have from Mexican soldiers stationed in the Philippines than any Spanish ones? And then here you are saying that you are proud of you "part European" Mexican descent.

And you say that Mexicans are insulted that Filipinos spread this stuff...

Well you don't represent most Mexicans and most Mexicans are chill with Filipinos.

No matter what you say you can't eras over 300 years of the Philippines being united with Mexico under the Viceroyalty of New Spain and the role Filipino Generals like Isidoro Montes de Oca had, together with Filipino soldiers, in the Mexican Revolution...

Anyway. Admit that at most, some Filipino can only look up from the Amerindian to the Indo-Mestizo to the Mestizo range while Indians especially Northern Indians can look Castizo to Criollo.

Selurong
04-07-2019, 09:52 AM
Please discuss :)
Filipinos, IMO.

Filipinos for pure Amerindian groups imo. Both South Asians and Filipinos equally for mixed ones.Although Northern South Asian have better chance of passing as less mixed Mestizo/a or Castizo/a.

FilipinosI'm a Filipino and this is the range I agree with...

Amerindians: Filipinos
Indo-Mestizos: Mostly Filipinos
Mestizos: Both Indians and Filipinos
Castizos: Mostly Indians
Criollos: Indians

Zuh
04-07-2019, 09:13 PM
Wtf? Why do I have to defend Mexicans who are less white fron their fellow white-washed Mexicans? Didn't I say in a previous thread that I'm more proud of any Aztec descent I have from Mexican soldiers stationed in the Philippines than any Spanish ones? And then here you are saying that you are proud of you "part European" Mexican descent.

And you say that Mexicans are insulted that Filipinos spread this stuff...

Well you don't represent most Mexicans and most Mexicans are chill with Filipinos.

No matter what you say you can't eras over 300 years of the Philippines being united with Mexico under the Viceroyalty of New Spain and the role Filipino Generals like Isidoro Montes de Oca had, together with Filipino soldiers, in the Mexican Revolution...

Anyway. Admit that at most, some Filipino can only look up from the Amerindian to the Indo-Mestizo to the Mestizo range while Indians especially Northern Indians can look Castizo to Criollo.

Who's white washing mexicans? Learn to comprehend you fucking idiot i said the region where are my parents from look like the people of the pictures i posted no one is saying they are the typical mexican face or anything like that.

I already said reviously around 20% of Filipinos can pass as mexicans in Mexico as well with some Caucasoid looking Indians -Pakistanis not so much as the mexican diaspora in the U.S

Zuh
04-07-2019, 09:14 PM
DP

TheWolf97
04-07-2019, 10:00 PM
I would say that both are true what the Filipinos say they look like the Indio mestizos and Indians look like a harnizos/castizos/criollo range

Enviado desde mi SM-G920I mediante Tapatalk

xtal
04-08-2019, 12:59 AM

Damn that imvu avatar is HAWT [emoji91][emoji91][emoji91]

Carlito's Way
04-08-2019, 03:34 AM
I'm a Filipino and this is the range I agree with...

Amerindians: Filipinos
Indo-Mestizos: Mostly Filipinos
Mestizos: Both Indians and Filipinos
Castizos: Mostly Indians
Criollos: Indians

Amerindians of South America + Central America + Istmid of Southern Mexico: Filipino
Amerindian Pueblid + Margrid + Andid: Indian

Indo-mestizos of South America + Central America + Istmid of Southern Mexico: Filipino
Indo-mestizos of Pueblid + Margrid + Andid: Indian

Mestizos South America + Central America + Istmid of Southern Mexico: Filipino and Indian
Mestizos of Pueblid + Margrid + Andid: Indian

Castizos and Criollos: No one

lameduck
04-08-2019, 05:24 AM
Amerindians of South America + Central America + Istmid of Southern Mexico: Filipino

Indo-mestizos of South America + Central America + Istmid of Southern Mexico: Filipino

Mestizos South America + Central America + Istmid of Southern Mexico: Filipino and Indian

Castizos and Criollos: No one

Can this Pakistani Pashtun man pass as Castizo or Criollos , thanks

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos/pashtun-man-talechi-northern-areas-pakistan-picture-id528383314

Maguzanci
04-08-2019, 07:29 AM
Depends. Im not exactly sure either.

The only Amerindians that Flips/SE Asians can pass well would be among the Amazonians/Brazilids and probably some Lagids and Mayan Istmid type that lives in the tropical Central America.

Although a lot of Mayans also have very distinct features like hook nose and thin lips that makes Philippinos unable to pass among them. The reason Flips can pass among Brazilids and many Istmids is because the latters have lot of pseudo Asian features like small chinky eyes, big flat nose, big thick lips that likely develop from living in tropical hot humid climates similar to that in SE Asia.

Flips/SE Asians would not pass at all or blend in among the Pueblid, Margid, Andid, Patagonid, Pampid types of Amerindians. These Amerindians look very very different and distinct from Flips/SE Asians. Pueblid, Margid, Andid, Pampid subtypes have a lot of caucasoid features such as long hook nose, thin lips, bigger eyes which make it very difficult for Philippinos to pass among them. In fact, Andids have one of the most stereotypical Native features.

While the Patagonid type look too Siberian/Central Asian shifted for Flips/SE Asians to pass. Siberians and Central Asians would have much easier time passing among Patagonids than SE Asians does.

At the same time, a majority of Filos/SE Asians despite their brown skin and lesser East Asian looks still have clear Mongoloid features that would render them as Chinos/Chinitos by Latinos and thus make them only able to pass among only Latinos of East Asian descent like Japanese and Chinese Brazilians, Chinese and Japanese Peruvians, etc.

So im not exactly sure. Off topic but I think Polys like Maoris, Samoans overall would pass easier in Lat America than Philippinos do.

Papastratosels26
04-08-2019, 07:31 AM
Filipinos

Maguzanci
04-08-2019, 08:51 AM
Change my mind a bit.I think Pakistanis, North Indians and Assamese, many Bengalis would pass easier than Philipinos. While most Indians including South Indians, Central Indians, most East Indians, Austroasiatics and Paniya Irula types would not pass at all.

And the predominant majority of Filos can pass only among Latinos of Japanese and Chinese blood, most Amazonian tribes and many Mayan Istmids. While Filipinos cannot pass at all among Amerindians and Indomestizos of Pueblid, Andid, Margid, Pampid, Patagonid, Silvid (also in some parts of North Mexico) types

Deneb
04-08-2019, 09:13 AM
Indians imo.

Selurong
04-08-2019, 10:48 AM

Castizos and Criollos: No oneYou know way more about Latinos than I do, so if anyone asks I'll tell them that I'll defer to you more informed opinion.

Thambi
04-08-2019, 12:39 PM
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/anthroscape/download/file.php?id=518445

Andids and Planids look the most similar to northern asians. I think many Tibetans resemble these types. Even then, native americans of all types seem closer to filipinos than to indians. none of these types would pass among indians outside the northeast and tibetan influenced himalayan regions whereas they could pass atypically among spanish admixed filipinos.

Ogweed
04-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Gipsies, if they count.

Chesterfield
04-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Filipinos

Thambi
04-08-2019, 12:41 PM
Gipsies, if they count.

gypsies do not count lol. They're like half euro/mena

Maguzanci
04-09-2019, 11:21 AM
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/anthroscape/download/file.php?id=518445

Andids and Planids look the most similar to northern asians. I think many Tibetans resemble these types. Even then, native americans of all types seem closer to filipinos than to indians. none of these types would pass among indians outside the northeast and tibetan influenced himalayan regions whereas they could pass atypically among spanish admixed filipinos.

Fair point. Besides Andids and Planids, Appalachids and to a lesser degree, Pacifids, are also look very Siberian/Central Asian looking. In fact, pseudo Andid, Planid looks can occurred among the Hazaras of Afghanistan and other Central Asians like Uzbeks, Kazakhs, maybe Turkmens. Kukushka/Magnet, a former member here once postulate that a mix of Iranid/probably also Irano Afghan+Tungid/Sibirid can create pseudo Amerindian looks of mostly Andean and Northern American (Planid, Appalachid and maybe Pacifid) types.

The types that look the most similar to Flips are Brazilid, Istmid and Lagid altho the female Istmid does not really look Flip/SE Asian at all.

While Flips look very very different from other types like Margids, Pueblids, Andids, Planids, Appalachids and Pazifids and would not pass among them at all or vice versa.

Agree that all of these Amerindian types only occurred in Tibetan influenced regions and Northeast India and also Nepal. I think these Amerindian influenced types would also happen among Baltis of Pakistan who have Tibetid admix as well.

Tbh I do not really think they would pass atypically among Spanish admixed Flips. Amerindians despite looking Caucasoid influenced still look different from Flips. I feel that they look equally different from Indians and Flips except the tropical adapted types like Brazilids, Istmids, Lagids.

In fact I feel most Amerindians despite their darker skin would not pass atypically among Flips not even the Spanish/Caucasoid admixed Flips. Reiterating the previous comment, they look equally distinct from Flips and Indians imo. Instead, they would pass easiest among Tibetans and Central Asians like Hazaras, Uzbeks, Kazakhs and Siberian tribes like Kets, Selkups.

Sorry for the long post

El_Abominacion
04-09-2019, 11:29 AM
I think that in general, Filipinos. But there are always those who look distinctly Southeast Asian and nothing else

Maguzanci
04-09-2019, 11:39 AM
I think that in general, Filipinos. But there are always those who look distinctly Southeast Asian and nothing else

Good point. But most Philippinos look distinctly Southeast Asian and would not really pass for anything else.

Bolsonaro2018
04-09-2019, 11:44 AM
Talking for my country, Indians fit better.

Filipinos would be seen as bolivians or japanese depending the person.

Maguzanci
04-09-2019, 12:24 PM
Talking for my country, Indians fit better.

Filipinos would be seen as bolivians or japanese depending the person.

What about Amazonian tribes? Would Philippinos be seen as indigenous Brazilians as well? Also depending on person do you mean depending on each Brazilian or depending on what the individual Philipina look like?

verbcn
04-09-2019, 12:27 PM
filipinos

Borealis
04-09-2019, 10:02 PM
I was thinking about this topic last night. It seems to me that what makes the difference for Indians as far as being able to pass as Hispanic(or any other race)is how strongly ASI is expressed in their phenotype. In general it seems that the ones with the lowest ASI influence phenotypically can pass whether they have mong influence or not. Latin America is very diverse but one thing it lacks is anything similar to ASI, which is unique to South Asia. That’s why both people from northwest and northeast India are most likely to pass despite looking vastly different.

I think that’s also why I don’t pass. The ASI element is too obvious. In general all you need to pass in LA is to be somewhat tan with somewhat ambiguous features. A lot of MENAs could pass there.

Dna8
04-09-2019, 10:04 PM
I was thinking about this topic last night. It seems to me that what makes the difference for Indians as far as being able to pass as Hispanic(or any other race)is how strongly ASI is expressed in their phenotype. In general it seems that the ones with the lowest ASI influence phenotypically can pass whether they have mong influence or not. Latin America is very diverse but one thing it lacks is anything similar to ASI, which is unique to South Asia. That’s why both people from northwest and northeast India are most likely to pass despite looking vastly different.

I think that’s also why I don’t pass. The ASI element is too obvious. In general all you need to pass in LA is to be somewhat tan with somewhat ambiguous features. A lot of MENAs could pass there.

I was thinking about this too last night.

Maguzanci
04-10-2019, 08:40 AM

That makes sense. Yeah the one that looks predominantly AASI or heavily AASI would not pass. I think it is the similar reason why Papuans, Abos do not pass in LatIn America; their main component is sort of similar to ASI that is not found in Latin America.

So I think Pakistanis and Afghans would pass easier in Latin America than a lot of Indians, Sri Lankans?

Tenma de Pegasus
04-13-2019, 06:01 PM
Filipinos

Borealis
05-20-2019, 12:45 AM
I don’t know about Indians as a whole but I don’t think I could pass there. They can clearly identify me as Indian because they seem to distance themselves from me. The women also dislike me generally so they must know what I am. I’ve had the worst experience by far with latino women in fact I wrote them off completely for a long time