PDA

View Full Version : Alabama Shooting Spree

SPQR
03-11-2009, 06:11 AM
GENEVA, Ala. - A gunman went on a shooting spree in two neighboring south Alabama towns Tuesday, killing nine people before he shot himself at a metals plant, authorities said.
Full Story (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29623587/?gt1=43001)

What a psycho. Even killed grandma and grandpa. It seems to me like the police rather failed on this one.

This is even more bad news for us gun owners. The more gun-related incidents like this that happen the more support the democrats will get for further gun regulations.

Ulf
03-11-2009, 06:14 AM
No mention of what gun was used?

SPQR
03-11-2009, 06:17 AM
Yeah I noticed that as well. Only thing it mentions is "rifle" and "30 round bursts".

The Lawspeaker
03-11-2009, 11:17 AM
Sometimes I begin to wonder : what the ruddy hell is wrong with humanity ?

coldielox
03-11-2009, 11:27 AM
*sighs*

this is not good, with that damn ape in the office its just a matter of time before he comes takin our guns from us :(

The Lawspeaker
03-11-2009, 11:30 AM
The scary thing is that here he could have slaughtered double or three times the amount because only the police and army have guns..

Just when Madness seems to be the new King of Humanity people start talking about taking guns away..

Brynhild
03-11-2009, 11:53 AM
I just hope it wasn't near the Lyfings, or Hellason for that matter :(

The Lawspeaker
03-11-2009, 11:55 AM
I believe that the Lyfings were living in the far north of the state in Scottsboro- I don't know where Hellason is living though....:(

Psychonaut
03-11-2009, 03:35 PM

It wasn't close to the Lyfings at all, but I think it was about an hour or so from Hellasson. My wife's parent's live in the county next door to him so I pulled up a county map as soon as I read the article. Thankfully it was on the Eastern end of South Alabama.

Lady L
03-11-2009, 04:20 PM
What a horrible horrible story. :( Somehow I didn't hear about this....

Thanks for ya'lls concern :)

Freomęg
03-11-2009, 05:59 PM
STAGED! STAGED! STAGED! STAGED! STAGED! STAGED!

I'm sorry, but the timing of this is a little too 'convenient'. Numerous gun massacre's in modern history are particularly suspicious and come on - at a time when Obama's regime are seeking to get a gun ban?

Ok, maybe I'm a little paranoid ;)

Baron Samedi
03-11-2009, 06:06 PM

So what if it was?

Life is uncertainty... Chaos.

But thanks :thumb001:

Lady L
03-11-2009, 06:52 PM
So what if it was?

Your always kinda rude Hellasson :wink:D

Oh, and I think we should focus more on the tragedy in this story (in this thread) instead of gun laws....and I don't think it was staged.

SPQR
03-11-2009, 07:36 PM
It is a tragedy, no doubt. And I apologize if I sounded completely cold, but I'm very worried about the coming gun laws and incidents like this are what the politicians use to fuel their arguments.

SPQR
03-11-2009, 11:12 PM
The scary thing is that here he could have slaughtered double or three times the amount because only the police and army have guns..

Yeah and the police obviously didn't do a good job stopping this guy, so how are we supposed to have enough faith in the police force to submit our own weapons?

Sol Invictus
03-11-2009, 11:19 PM
STAGED! STAGED! STAGED! STAGED! STAGED! STAGED!

I'm sorry, but the timing of this is a little too 'convenient'. Numerous gun massacre's in modern history are particularly suspicious and come on - at a time when Obama's regime are seeking to get a gun ban?

Ok, maybe I'm a little paranoid ;)

Wouldn't be out of the realm of possibility, intelligence services have been caught red handed numerous times doing it, including 9/11 and 7/7. You're not paranoid, you know how to read the writing on the wall.

Bring terror, take our guns for 'world peace'.

Nay-sayers need to but read and see:

Suspicions grow that attack was 'inside job' (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2904)

British Special Forces Caught Carrying Out Staged Terror In Iraq (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2903)

Truth About 9/11 (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2787)

Lenny
03-12-2009, 05:35 AM
It turns out the guy recently quit his job at a meat processing plant, and burned his house down, before beginning his killing spree. Contrary to initial reports, he was not fired from his job [being fired was the suspected "trigger" at first], but rather he quit.

One story of heroism emerged (http://www.theapricity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2908), in which a woman ran to a neighbor's porch amid the gunfire, to rescue a stranded baby [whose parents were shot dead moments before on the porch]. She did this as the killer was still firing a hailstorm of bullets in that direction.

Brynhild
03-12-2009, 05:46 AM
So what if it was?

Uncertainty should never be an excuse for apathy...

SwordoftheVistula
03-12-2009, 09:17 AM
Even if only one in a million people would ever even think about doing this...that means we have 300 people in this country today considering doing this.

coldielox
03-12-2009, 01:33 PM
this story is sad, and i feel for all the family's involved, but i stand behind SPQR statement, when i saw it on the news i told my husband... great more ammunition for obama.. all that has to happen is like 2 more of these "incidents" and he will propose a bill then give them 15 hrs to read and discuss his 7 thousand page bill, and force them to vote.. then wall ahh our guns are gone.. start digging holes ppl :D

Lady L
03-12-2009, 04:37 PM
this story is sad, and i feel for all the family's involved, but i stand behind SPQR statement, when i saw it on the news i told my husband... great more ammunition for obama.. all that has to happen is like 2 more of these "incidents" and he will propose a bill then give them 15 hrs to read and discuss his 7 thousand page bill, and force them to vote.. then wall ahh our guns are gone.. start digging holes ppl :D

I really don't see it happening though- maybe I'm wrong- but I think its a slim ass chance we will loose guns. :)