PDA

View Full Version : If west asians had more steppe ancestry like europeans

Borealis
04-14-2019, 05:21 AM
would they just look like brown europeans?

NPKTO
04-14-2019, 05:55 AM
They would look like Chechens imo. Lebanese, Turkish, Israelis, etc. might look more NW Euro shifted because they have more Med admixture than other West Asians.

Borealis
04-14-2019, 06:07 AM
They would look like Chechens imo. Lebanese, Turkish, Israelis, etc. might look more NW Euro shifted because they have more Med admixture than other West Asians.

Chechens have high CHG which I guess makes them different and eastern shifted in some ways. I was thinking more of Levantines/Turks and Assyrians. Like Europeans they have high Anatolian/levant farmer but they lack steppe.

Chaos One
04-14-2019, 06:12 AM
That would be WHG I think, not Steppe.

Ylla
04-14-2019, 06:21 AM
They already overlap with europeans quite a bit (especially south euros), I dont get this term 'brown' ?

FinalFlash
04-14-2019, 06:23 AM
Levantines would probably be Southern European-like. Anatolians and Caucasians would be more Balkan-like ala Bulgarians and Romanians.

Borealis
04-14-2019, 06:33 AM
Levantines would probably be Southern European-like. Anatolians and Caucasians would be more Balkan-like ala Bulgarians and Romanians.

One Caucasian already has lots of steppe-Chechens. Levantines if anything would be the ones that would be balkan like

FinalFlash
04-14-2019, 06:36 AM
One Caucasian already has lots of steppe-Chechens. Levantines if anything would be the ones that would be balkan like

Levantines form a cline with Sicilians, Maltese and Ashkenazi if I am not mistaken. Chechens do have a lot of steppe yes but it depends on how much more it increases in this hypothetical. It also depends on what we get 'rid of' as far as their admixture is concerned.

Borealis
04-14-2019, 06:42 AM
Levantines form a cline with Sicilians, Maltese and Ashkenazi if I am not mistaken. Chechens do have a lot of steppe yes but it depends on how much more it increases in this hypothetical. It also depends on what we get 'rid of' as far as their admixture is concerned.

Nothing, we just add stop onto what they already have. Im gonna look into this...

Your right...with steppe, levantines are more similar to southern european italians than balkans

FinalFlash
04-14-2019, 06:44 AM
Nothing, we just add stop onto what they already have. Im gonna look into this...

Your right...with steppe, levantines are more similar to southern european italians than balkans

I meant that in order to give them more Steppe, logically you have to reduce some of their other stuff so that it adds up to 100% lol

FinalFlash
04-14-2019, 07:08 AM

G25 Chechen average

Fit 1.1017

North Caucasus MBA 28.33
Afansievo. 27.5
Barcin Chl. 14.17
CHG. 10
Barcin N. 5.83
Seh Gabi Chl. 5.83
Levant BA North. 5
Han. 3.33