PDA

View Full Version : Spanish-Galician Police Television Series "Serramoura". A Very Good Display of Galician Phenotypes

alnortedelsur
04-16-2019, 12:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcA7QOHmVxY

It is actually the civil guard (Spanish militarized police).

Colonel Frank Grimes
04-16-2019, 12:48 AM
Made me think of Tony Bouza. A police chief in the Bronx during the early 70s that had a documentary done on his precinct. He was born in Galicia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcV4MeEd_F4

alnortedelsur
04-16-2019, 01:04 AM
Another episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXbRtWJqzy0

Latinus
04-16-2019, 05:44 AM
Is it just me of the Dinarid element is strong is this series?
There are some Spanish tv series I want to watch, but I can't find it with Eng subs.

alnortedelsur
04-16-2019, 05:47 AM
There are some Spanish tv series I want to watch, but I can't find it with Eng subs.

You're right. I noticed that too.
BTW, this TV series is in Galician, or at least has many dialogues in Galician. It is maybe easier for you, as native Portuguese speaker, to understand it :)

Zuh
04-16-2019, 05:57 AM

This makes me think how many whites does Mexico really have because many of those phenotypes will be seen as none european or some type of "mestizo"

Latinus
04-16-2019, 06:01 AM
This makes me think how many whites does Mexico really have because many of those phenotypes will be seen as none european or some type of "mestizo"

More than you think I guess.
Don't worry, many phenotypes here in Brazil that I used to associate with race mixing are in fact Southern Euros, you're not alone, Carlitos also commented about it.

Latinus
04-16-2019, 06:21 AM
This makes me think how many whites does Mexico really have because many of those phenotypes will be seen as none european or some type of "mestizo"In the case of Brazil they wouldn't be seen as mixed and also not as Euro looking, just white Brazilian. It's because here Iberian phenotypes are perceived as local, not foreigner and many of them (Iberian looking Brazilians), because of having fully colonial roots, doesn't even know they look Portuguese/Spanish. It seems that Mexicans have an Anglocentrist view of whiteness, while Brazilians not much, the average joe here perceive all Euro types as white, but when it comes to European looking (yes, in Brazil Euro is synonymous with whites, but not all whites are synonymous with Euro looking) the stereotypical Northern Euro is what comes to their minds.

Enviado de meu SM-G610M usando o Tapatalk

Zuh
04-16-2019, 06:28 AM
In the case of Brazil they wouldn't be seen as mixed and also not as Euro looking, just white Brazilian. It's because here Iberian phenotypes are perceived as local, not foreigner and many of them (Iberian looking Brazilians), because of having fully colonial roots, doesn't even know they look Portuguese/, while Brazilians not much, the average joe here perceive all Euro types as white, but when it comes to European looking (yes, in Brazil Euro is synonymous with whites, but not all whites are synonymous with Euro looking) the stereotypical Northern Euro is what comes to their minds.

Yes true you couldn't say any better is because Mexico's aproximity to the United States so people in Mexico when they think of European person they automatically think of a white american looking person.

Before I became an "expert " on European phenotypes my first reaction seeing many Spaniards Portuguese and some Greeks was damn they look mexican.

Latinus
04-16-2019, 06:30 AM
You're right. I noticed that too.
BTW, this TV series is in Galician, or at least has many dialogues in Galician. It is maybe easier for you, as native Portuguese speaker, to understand it :)You mean that in Galician TV they mix Spanish (Castilian) with... Galician? I know that Castilian is mandatory in schools there, but it's also the official language?

alnortedelsur
04-16-2019, 06:38 AM
You mean that in Galician TV they mix Spanish (Castilian) with... Galician? I know that Castilian is mandatory in schools there, but it's also the official language?

Castilian-Spanish is official through all Spain, and regional languages like Galician, Basque and Catalan are co-official. However, Catalan regional governments always have seemed to ignore that Spanish is the main official language, and pretend to impose Catalan as the only language in Catalonia. :no000000:

I hope that since the last attempt of Catalan pro-independence politicians to secede from Spain without success, the central government in Madrid is doing what is needed to put end to that.

Latinus
04-16-2019, 06:43 AM
Castilian-Spanish is official through all Spain, and regional languages like Galician, Basque and Catalan are co-official. However, Catalan regional governments always have seemed to ignore that Spanish is the main official language, and pretend to impose Catalan as the only language in Catalonia. :no000000:

I hope that since the last attempt of Catalan pro-independence politicians to secede from Spain without success, the central government in Madrid is doing what is needed to put end to that.Ok. But what about the media in Galiza? Do you need to know Galician in order to consume their TV content, or just Castilian is needed? Do they mix both languages, or, since Castilian is the official language of the whole country of Spain, it's only aired in Spanish?

alnortedelsur
04-16-2019, 06:49 AM
Ok. But what about the media in Galiza? Do you need to know Galician in order to consume their TV content, or just Castilian is needed? Do they mix both languages, or, since Castilian is the official language of the whole country of Spain, it's only aired in Spanish?

I'll tell you tomorrow. I need to go to sleep. Have a good night :)

Deneb
04-16-2019, 09:12 AM
This thread is a joke. A Venezuelan who lives in the United States, Alnortedelsur, saying nonsense in the name of Galicians, Catalans, etc.

Zuh
04-16-2019, 08:14 PM
This thread is a joke. A Venezuelan who lives in the United States, Alnortedelsur, saying nonsense in the name of Galicians, Catalans, etc.

I don't see nothing wrong since he's mother is Spaniard unlike some people :rolleyes: who pretend they are experts in mexican phenotypes or Mexico than actual mexicans :rolleyes:

alnortedelsur
04-17-2019, 05:50 AM
I don't see nothing wrong since he's mother is Spaniard unlike some people :rolleyes: who pretend they are experts in mexican phenotypes or Mexico than actual mexicans :rolleyes:

Don't pay much attention to that idiot. According to his retarded logic, if you're not full Spaniard born and raised in Spain, you cannot say anything about Spain, no matter if one of your parents is Spanish, and you have lived in Spain, as in my case.

He is an anti-Spanish hater moron, who got mad because I said that Castilian-Spanish is the main official language through all Spain, being the regional languages co-official, and Catalan leaders have acted like ignoring this fact, by imposing Catalan in all schools, with no option for non-Catalan Spanish speaking parents to have their kids receive their classes in Spanish, by indoctrinating the Catalan population (native Catalans/and non-Catalan Spanish descendants living in Catalonia) into an artificial regional nationalism, by obligating businesses to use Catalan on their signs, and so on. And that is TRUE, Not sure if nowadays, because I'm not in Spain right now, but at least has been like that until recently for sure.

alnortedelsur
04-17-2019, 06:04 AM
Ok. But what about the media in Galiza? Do you need to know Galician in order to consume their TV content, or just Castilian is needed? Do they mix both languages, or, since Castilian is the official language of the whole country of Spain, it's only aired in Spanish?

Those are many questions, and I have never been to Galicia. All I know is that ALL Galicians speak Castilian-Spanish, and probably not all Galicians speak Galician today, but many of them do. Those who speak Galician are very fluent in both Galician and Castilian-Spanish. For what I can see on that series, many Galicians easily go from speaking in Galician to speaking in Castilian Spanish, depending on the person they're talking to. Those who know Galician might feel more comfortable speaking in their regional language to other Galician natives who also speak in Galician, but then have no problem in Speaking in Castilian Spanish to those who don't speak in Galician. In any case, those who don't speak Galician have no much trouble understanding the Galician language IRL, or when they hear it on Galician TV (not at 100% but still). They just cannot talk it.

Odin
04-27-2019, 12:00 PM
Mainly Atlanto-Meds and Baskids.